PDA

View Full Version : Gee, thanks Toby.......

penchief
09-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Willie Nelson tour bus pulled over and everybody aboard cited with possession.

Just last week Toby Keith was on The Cobert Report talking about how everybody's always smoking weed on the bus. I was thinking at the time that he was volunteering way too much information. Then I thought to myself if I were law enforcement how can I watch that bus drive by me and not pull it over for something?

Hog Farmer
09-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again......

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
What a narc.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Amazing how detached from reality celebrities are. To think you can talk about that stuff on national television without repercussions...

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Like know body knew that anyways.

JBucc
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
kick him off the bus!

Baby Lee
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Amazing how detached from reality celebrities are. To think you can talk about that stuff on national television without repercussions...
Crazy 'Taxes are for Suckers' Cabbie.

Brock
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Hell, Toby Keith wrote a song about smoking weed with Willie. That was quite a few years ago, in fact. Anyone who doesn't know Willie's always smoking dope isn't real bright.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Don't forget the shrooms!

StcChief
09-18-2006, 11:46 AM
but Whiskey River changed my mind.

Sully
09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
"I remember when a dime bag used to cost a dime."
- Willie Nelson in "Half Baked"

Robo-Chachi
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM

No kidding. I don't think anyone needed Toby Keith to break the story that Willie Nelson smokes a lot of pot.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
It's at the beginning of Toby Keith Part 2 here (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/videos/celebrity_interviews/index.jhtml).

dr00d
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM

I think all of you are either way too old or way too nieve. This whole post gets a big DUH!

jspchief
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM
No kidding. I don't think anyone needed Toby Keith to break the story that Willie Nelson smokes a lot of pot.True, but there's probably more than a couple of cops that don't care to have their noses rubbed in it either.

A little common sense would tell me that it's probably something that's better left unsaid in TV interviews.

The Dude Abides
09-18-2006, 03:49 PM
True, but there's probably more than a couple of cops that don't care to have their noses rubbed in it either.

A little common sense would tell me that it's probably something that's better left unsaid in TV interviews.
Welcome to the Police State.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the Police State.You're joking right?

It's a "police state" when it's a bad idea to go around broadcasting your illegal activities? Yea, how dare they make us pay for bragging about criminal activity.

The Dude Abides
09-18-2006, 03:58 PM
No, just saying that this country is now a police state. Granted certain laws are not enforced, such as ILLEGAL immigration, etc. Whatever the corporations say is bad, those laws get enforced.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee......

Brock
09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
It's Louisiana, what do you expect?

Mr. Laz
09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
toby keith is teh moran

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
No, just saying that this country is now a police state. Granted certain laws are not enforced, such as ILLEGAL immigration, etc. Whatever the corporations say is bad, those laws get enforced.

Don't confuse him with logic he might get all hard core on ya.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
BTW had awesome tickets for Toby Keith last Friday night, good show.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
No, just saying that this country is now a police state. Granted certain laws are not enforced, such as ILLEGAL immigration, etc. Whatever the corporations say is bad, those laws get enforced.None of that changes that fact that it's stupid to talk about your illegal activities on television. Unless you're claiming it was some sort of civil disobedience.

Saggysack
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Criminals...

penchief
09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
No kidding. I don't think anyone needed Toby Keith to break the story that Willie Nelson smokes a lot of pot.

True to a point. But I'll bet there's a lot of musically disinterested clean cut all-American law enforcement types that don't keep up with the hippy culture. Hearing Toby tell everybody on national television that "you can get a 'contact high' just from the bus," (paraphrasing) probably came as a surprise to more than just a few people.

I'll wager that there's plenty of highway patrolman out there that'll be doing a double take the next time they see Willie rolling down the road. Especially after hearing Toby explicitly tell the entire world that Willie's bus is basically a non-stop pot party.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. If you're law enforcement, it's kind of hard to turn a blind eye to something if it's being shouted from the rooftops. They'd pretty much have no choice but to set an example.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Criminals...

Lock those criminals up. :cuss: I posted a thread in DC on Marc Emery which they had a special on yesterday on 60 minutes. They want to extradite him to the US from Canada and give him a life sentence for selling seeds. I shit you not. He would be in less trouble for shooting multiple vicitms in his own country. Is it any wonder some countries think we are wacked?

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
True to a point. But I'll bet there's a lot of musically disinterested clean cut all-American law enforcement types that don't keep up with the hippy culture. Hearing Toby tell everybody on national television that "you can get a 'contact high' just from the bus," (paraphrasing) probably came as a surprise to more than just a few people.

I'll wager that there's plenty of highway patrolman out there that'll be doing a double take the next time they see Willie rolling down the road. Especially after hearing Toby explicitly tell the entire world that Willie's bus is basically a non-stop pot party.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. If you're law enforcement, it's kind of hard to turn a blind eye to something if it's being shouted from the rooftops. They'd pretty much have no choice but to set an example.

That's ridiculous. He did an interview with some guy a few years back that got so high from being in his bus he couldn't find his car when he left. That got big time national news. Willie smoking weed all the time is about as much news as if Toby said something about Tommy Chong.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Toby Keith keeps showing up at OU football games, the moron.

penchief
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
That's ridiculous. He did an interview with some guy a few years back that got so high from being in his bus he couldn't find his car when he left. That got big time national news. Willie smoking weed all the time is about as much news as if Toby said something about Tommy Chong.

Let's just assume that law enforcement feels compelled to view a bus full of stoners rolling down the highway at a high rate of speed as a public safety issue. What may have been an inside joke before has now been made into public knowledge. At the very least, law enforcement is going to have to appear to be doing their job.

I wonder if they've been getting calls from strangers claiming, "I just saw Willie's bus and I can smell Marijuana! He's heading down highway 81 right now! Hurry!"

By the way, he didn't say he partied with Tommy Chong. He said that he did party with Willie and that everybody parties with Willie on the bus.

Saggysack
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Lock those criminals up. :cuss: I posted a thread in DC on Marc Emery which they had a special on yesterday on 60 minutes. They want to extradite him to the US from Canada and give him a life sentence for selling seeds. I shit you not. He would be in less trouble for shooting multiple vicitms in his own country. Is it any wonder some countries think we are wacked?

It doesn't surprise me they want to lock him up.

One thing is for certain, drug policy in this country in in need of serious reform. We waste more time, effort and money tracking down someone who chooses to smoke a joint in the privacy of their own home than we do any other crime.

Burglary is becoming such a common occurrance that in most cases police don't even respond to the scene of the crime anymore. Instead dispatch will tell you to go down to your local substation/precinct to fill out a report and a Detective will get back to on it. Hypocrisy in law enforcement is way out of hand. But, even saying that, all cops don't feel the same way. There are those who want to legalize it too. www.leap.cc

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 04:41 PM
It doesn't surprise me they want to lock him up.

One thing is for certain, drug policy in this country in in need of serious reform. We waste more time, effort and money tracking down someone who chooses to smoke a joint in the privacy of their own home than we do any other crime.

Burglary is becoming such a common occurrance that in most cases police don't even respond to the scene of the crime anymore. Instead dispatch will tell you to go down to your local substation/precinct to fill out a report and a Detective will get back to on it. Hypocrisy in law enforcement is way out of hand. But, even saying that, all cops don't feel the same way. There are those who want to legalize it too. www.leap.cc

If the extradite him and give him a life sentence it will create more problems than ever. It will expose our DEA as the psychos they are on a global scale. It may be exactly what we need.

penchief
09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
If the extradite him and give him a life sentence it will create more problems than ever. It will expose our DEA as the psychos they are on a global scale. It may be exactly what we need.

FREE WILLIE!

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again......
I will. His bar is the bomb in Maui. The back room rocks!

penchief
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14894300/

"The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music starís tour bus, state police said in a news release"

I guess they never gave Willie a commercial vehicle inspection before. I wonder why they decided to do it now?

TheChiefofSoCal
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Johnny Knoxville was on Kimmell last year saying he could'nt keep up with Willie on the bus!This is nothing new.

KcMizzou
09-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Released after they were issued misdemeanor citations... for a pound and a half?

Are the penalties less severe in Louisiana, or just less severe than I thought in general?

I mean... that's quite a bit of weed.

penchief
09-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Released after they were issued misdemeanor citations... for a pound and a half?

Are the penalties less severe in Louisiana, or just less severe than I thought in general?

That's what I was thinking, too. Not only that, dude had over three ounces of magic mushrooms.

Frazod
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM

There less severe for multi-millionaire musical icons, I imagine.

Saggysack
09-18-2006, 11:18 PM

Laws vary from state to state. In Louisiana ...Any amount (first offense), misdemeanor, 6 months or $500fine.