PDA

View Full Version : QB headset

Wile_E_Coyote
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Petro mentioned today one POSSIBILITY(POSSIBILITY) for Huard to have to call a time out at the line. Was that they MAY(MAY) not have got the call into the headset before it was shutoff.

I never really thought about having to turn the headset off, it makes perfect sense that you need too. Otherwise you could warn the QB about defenders to his blindside.

The question, finally, is when is the headset turned off?

morphius
09-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Damn, I wish I could remember the seconds, seems it might have been 10 seconds on the play clock, but off the top of my head I'm just not sure.

DMAC
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Is it Solari that tells him the play?

Or does he forward it to Herm and so on?

Phobia
09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Gonzo was lined up wrong so Huard had to call the TO.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I thought it was when the huddle breaks.

old_geezer
09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Direct quote from Huard in the KC paper this morning;"We weren't lined up right. It just wasn't right. I didn't want to have a bad play and get no points at all"

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this before now. Sounds like they either had the wrong personnel in the game for the play called, or they just lined up wrong. In either case, Huard didn't have much choice except to call the time out.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
:)

kc1977
09-18-2006, 02:41 PM
The QB's headset shuts off with 15 seconds on the playclock.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Wasn't Huard at the sideline talking immediately before hitting the 2 second huddle just before the timeout?

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Direct quote from Huard in the KC paper this morning;"We weren't lined up right. It just wasn't right. I didn't want to have a bad play and get no points at all"

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this before now. Sounds like they either had the wrong personnel in the game for the play called, or they just lined up wrong. In either case, Huard didn't have much choice except to call the time out.

Had to have been the personnel.....

They hadn't even lined up when Damon called the TO.....

The quote in the paper went like this from what I've heard/read:

(paraphrasing questions)

Q: Damon, what happened with the TO at the end of the half?

A: We weren't lined up right.

Q: Lined up right? You weren't lined up yet.....

A: It just wasn't right. I didn't want to have a bad play and get no points at all

My guess is that Solari called the wrong play for the personnel group that was on the field.

CoMoChief
09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Another play calling fugg-up by Mike Solari during a crucial moment. This better not continue otherwise as conservative were gonna play this season, mistakes like that will determine outcomes of ballgames. NOT GOOD.

ChiTown
09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
My guess is that Solari called the wrong play for the personnel group that was on the field.

That'd be a real fuggin shocker
:rolleyes:

Mike "What Fuggin Down Is It Again?" Solari. :banghead:

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
... mistakes like that will determine outcomes of ballgames. NOT GOOD.

One could argue that it already has.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Headsets? Wedon't need no stinking headsets!