PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs hope to get back on track.

chiefbowe82
09-18-2006, 02:43 PM
I think the Chiefs could get even with their divison real quick lets take a peak and at the next two games for each team in the AFC WEST
Chiefs- Sun 10/1 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Sun 10/8 at Arizona 4:05 pm
Broncos- Sun 9/24 at New England 8:15 pm
bye
Mon 10/9 Baltimore 8:30 pm
bye
Chargers-Sun 10/1 at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 10/8 Pittsburgh 8:15 pm
Raiders-Already 0-2 but
bye
Sun 10/1 Cleveland 4:15 pm
Sun 10/8 at San Francisco 4:05 pm

Kansas City can definitly get back on track within the next few weeks they could possibly be sitting with the chargers.
Never give up hope =)

Wallcrawler
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
This team is more than capable of competing for the AFC West title. With the way the defense has drasticly improved and will continue to improve, they will have much better chances to win games.

The biggest thing the Chiefs have to fix is the conservative playcalling inside the redzone. You CANNOT play for 3 points and expect to win games. Youve got to go for the TD when youre inside the 20. In the two games Ive seen so far, once the Chiefs reach the redzone, the playcalling tightens up dramaticly and its like we play to guarantee 3 points. If we get a td while doing it, thats an added bonus.

Theres no reward without a little risk. This offense has been scoring touchdowns for a long time. Its time for Herm to put the trust in the players to get it done once we get inside the redzone.

If the Chiefs can get past the "play for 3" mentality in the redzone, they can definately be a threat to win the west.

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
0-16 First pick in the draft-we take a RB

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Could you imagine a backfield of LJ and Adrian Peterson? :p

siberian khatru
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM

And blow a chance at getting the best FB in the draft? No way.

NaptownChief
09-18-2006, 03:28 PM
And blow a chance at getting the best FB in the draft? No way.

Exactly...We haven't found our Omar Easy replacement yet.

CupidStunt
09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't want the #1 pick in this draft. If we suck, i'd rather have it than a lower pick, but then i'd trade it away.

I'd quite love to have a pick somewhere in that 4-8 region, though. Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, perhaps even Frank Okam if he steps up.

scott free
09-18-2006, 03:57 PM
They're sayin' that Omar Sharif is stayin' in great shape......might be worth a call.........................................................................

chiefbowe82
09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree 100% with wallcrawler they have been way to conservative and the redzone and thats probably a big reason for the lose against Denver

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

chief52
09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
This team is more than capable of competing for the AFC West title. With the way the defense has drasticly improved and will continue to improve, they will have much better chances to win games.

The biggest thing the Chiefs have to fix is the conservative playcalling inside the redzone. You CANNOT play for 3 points and expect to win games. Youve got to go for the TD when youre inside the 20. In the two games Ive seen so far, once the Chiefs reach the redzone, the playcalling tightens up dramaticly and its like we play to guarantee 3 points. If we get a td while doing it, thats an added bonus.

Theres no reward without a little risk. This offense has been scoring touchdowns for a long time. Its time for Herm to put the trust in the players to get it done once we get inside the redzone.

If the Chiefs can get past the "play for 3" mentality in the redzone, they can definately be a threat to win the west.

Great post. It was a major problem in the Marty era as well. Hunker down and settle for 3 in the first half and then lose the game 27-24 :banghead: :banghead: Drives me nuts. You are right...you have to do everything you can to get in the end zone and then go for the FG if/when it is your last option.