PDA

View Full Version : Karma?

kc rush
09-18-2006, 02:53 PM
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Linebacker David Pollack was placed on the injured reserve list Monday with a neck injury, but the Cincinnati Bengals expect him to be fully recovered for next season.

Pollack was taken off the field on a neck board after making a tackle in the first quarter of a 34-7 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. He was later transferred to a local hospital, where he was put in a protective halo brace.

Coach Marvin Lewis said Pollack's spinal cord wasn't damaged. He has full sensation in his arms and legs, and doctors are hopeful that the halo brace -- which immobilizes the neck -- will allow the injury to heal without surgery.

"It's not career-threatening," Lewis said.

Pollack, a first-round draft pick last year, was one of three starters who had to leave the game. Safety Dexter Jackson sprained his ankle, and center Rich Braham severely bruised his left knee. Both are expected to miss a game next Sunday in Pittsburgh.

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/18/bc.fbn.bengals.pollack.ap/index.html?section=si_nfl)

Phobia
09-18-2006, 02:56 PM
No. He didn't even play vs. KC. Dumb.

kc rush
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
No. He didn't even play vs. KC. Dumb.

But the Bengals did. 1 player out for the year and 2 more out for at least a game.

I'm not getting my jollies because they had someone injured. I just find it ironic or karmic, or whatever you want to call it that the team that knocks out the one player we can't do without and receives no punishment ends up losing three players in the very next game.

Short Leash Hootie
09-18-2006, 04:14 PM
This would be karma:

O'neal picks off a Frye pass, runs, fumbles, Winslow picks it up, runs, Geathers 20 yards behind Winslow runs half-speed towards the play, whoever the **** clevelands LT is pulls a Warren Sapp on Geathers, Geathers in turn breaks his neck and dies 3 hours and 21 minutes later in a Cincinatti hospital.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
This would be karma:

O'neal picks off a Frye pass, runs, fumbles, Winslow picks it up, runs, Geathers 20 yards behind Winslow runs half-speed towards the play, whoever the **** clevelands LT is pulls a Warren Sapp on Geathers, Geathers in turn breaks his neck and dies 3 hours and 21 minutes later in a Cincinatti hospital.That would be a tragedy and have absolutely nothing to do with Karma.

I don't believe in Karma.

If it makes you feel better to believe in that, go ahead.

Tell me, where is Karma for Osama Bin Laden?

Where is it for Sadaam, the SOB is still alive.

manchambo
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Funny, I thought players got hurt in the NFL pretty much every game.

This thread is too stupid even for Cheifsplanet.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM
My name is earl