PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here think Croyle gives us a better chance to win than Huard?

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Just testing the waters.

JBucc
09-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I choose Dee Brown

jspchief
09-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I believe he might.

I mostly think that he's as capable of running the offense we saw against Denver as Huard was. And if we're going to limp through games with a watered down ofense, I'd just as soon give the snaps to the guy who has potential to be more thana 10 year clipboard holder.

Bill Parcells
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
no

Deberg_1990
09-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I believe he might.

I mostly think that he's as capable of running the offense we saw against Denver as Huard was. And if we're going to limp through games with a watered down ofense, I'd just as soon give the snaps to the guy who has potential to be more thana 10 year clipboard holder.

Agreed. Even if he makes a mistake, he has the ability to recover from it. If this team loses to SF in a couple of weeks, we better see him get the starts until Green returns.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I was satisfied with Huard's QB play. I was less that enamored with his receiver play.

Mosbonian
09-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Just testing the waters.

Ask the question....give an answer.

As for me.....I have 2 schools of thought:

1) Let Croyle start....if they are going to gameplan around Huard, why couldn't they do the same for Croyle. Everyone seems absolutely sure he would fail even though there is nothing to base that assessment on.

2) Go out and trade for a a more seasoned veteran like Volek. He hasn't looked that bad in the past and maybe a change of scenery would do him some good. Anyone who believes that he truly had a chance to win the starting job after the Titans gave all that money to Vince Young is being delusional.

mmaddog

Simplex3
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I believe he might.

What he said.

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I believe he might.

I mostly think that he's as capable of running the offense we saw against Denver as Huard was. And if we're going to limp through games with a wtaered down ofense, I'd just as soon give the snaps to the guy who has potential to be more thana 10 year clipboard holder.

I would hope that most NFL QB's would be capable of running this offense, he only has three responsibilties:

Handoff

Pass < 8 yards

Not turn the ball over

Huard handled two out of three......

Seriously, even if Croyle was given the reins, it's not like Herm would cut him loose to show what he can do. But, to jsp's point, might as well give him the action. I'm pretty confident in his ability to handoff, complete short dumpoff passes, and hang on to the GD ball.

JBucc
09-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I choose Dee BrownJust for the record, I don't really think Dee Brown should be our QB. Hell I didn't even think he should make the team. I voted Croyle.

Mosbonian
09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
GoChiefs....

you going to post your opinion....

mmaddog

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Just for the record, I don't really think Dee Brown should be our QB. Hell I didn't even think he should make the team. I voted Croyle.
ROFL ROFL

Simplex3
09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
GoChiefs....

mmaddog
Not until his mom lets him know what it is.

Bill Parcells
09-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Just testing the waters.
whats your opinion?? :hmmm:

PastorMikH
09-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I think right now, Huard gives us the best chance to win the next game and try to keep the Chiefs in a place record-wise to make a run when Green comes back. If we are looking at the rest of the season without Green, I would rather take some loses and see what Croyle has to offer. Best case scenario, we take a couple of losses while he gets up to the speed of the NFL, he picks up the tempo and helps us to be competitive towards the end of the season. Worst case scenario, since the season would already be in the tank, we find out that he isn't the answer at QB and we have a higher draft pick to get a QB that is.

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
GoChiefs....

mmaddog

He already did in another thread.......

Croyle = guaranteed loss.

Guru
09-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Who's to say Croyle won't be the next Brady, Rothlesberger, McNabb, Warner, Bulger etc.?

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I'd really like to know what Trent's timetable is. The doctors gave him a new one, apparently.

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Who's to say Croyle won't be the next Brady, Rothlesberger, McNabb, Warner, Bulger etc.?

Who's to say he won't be the next Shuler, Leaf, etc?

LanceHunter
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
I thought Croyle did a good job on his second start during the preseason , more than a couple passes that should have been caught , were dropped , and that was with players tring to get a spot on the roster . He does have an injury prone history , but hey , he could be the starter next year and go down just the same . As far as learning the offense , Huard was reading off his wrist , and he's been there a few years lol . I personally think he needs the playing time right now , just because Trent comes back , doesn't mean he won't go down again . Besides I don't want Brodie to get too fond of that clip board lol .

jspchief
09-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Who's to say he won't be the next Shuler, Leaf,... ....Huard?

Phobia
09-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Roethlisburger or Batch?

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I'd really like to know what Trent's timetable is. The doctors gave him a new one, apparently.

I posted this in another thread.....

There may be something more recent than this......dunno.

Sounds like TG might know more tomorrow....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...fs/15545238.htm

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green talked on the phone with “Fox NFL Sunday” and FOXSports.com in his first interview since he received a severe concussion when he was hit by Cincinnati’s Robert Geathers in last Sunday’s game.

“Today (Saturday) is the first day I’ve really been up and around,” Green said. “I feel OK. The only thing is if I get up too quickly or move too quickly I get a little dizzy.”

Green is scheduled to visit a neurologist to help gauge a timetable for his return.

“They told me four to six weeks when it first happened,” Green said. “They’ll give me an update on that on Tuesday. I absolutely want to play again this year.”

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Ah, yes. Tuesday. I hope it's not worse.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Croyle is 6'3" and 200 lbs. Give him a year in the weight room and training table and he is 220 lbs. The same size as Trent.

Woodrow Call
09-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Over at the coalition they are discussing that Rhonda Moss said her "sources" claim Herm wants to start Croyle over Huard.

I am 99% sure it is just a case of Rhonda stirring up stuff but if it is true what is stopping Herm from playing Croyle if that is his guy? Carl? Shea?

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I bet it is Shea. Shea knows what is up.

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Over at the coalition they are discussing that Rhonda Moss said her "sources" claim Herm wants to start Croyle over Huard.

I am 99% sure it is just a case of Rhonda stirring up stuff but if it is true what is stopping Herm from playing Croyle if that is his guy? Carl? Shea?

Our offensive line play.......

alanm
09-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I bet it is Shea. Shea knows what is up.
Shea can only offer his opinion. If Herm wants to start Croyle, Herm's going to start him. It doesn't matter what Shea's wants.

alanm
09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
And BTW, unless Huard goes down before Green gets back is the only way Croyle is going to see the field.

Psyko Tek
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
don't throw a rookie in behind a POS line
if we had a good line maybe,
but he would get killed, confodence broken, and the you QBOTF is Ryan Leaf

tk13
09-18-2006, 10:43 PM
People just don't have patience. If this season goes down the tubes Croyle probably should get in there. But it's week 3, we have a couple winnable games coming up, and Croyle already missed part of preseason with an injury. Plus, I think Turley will (knock on wood) improve with some games under his belt. Right now our tackle play is crap and our offense is suffering because of it. I'm kinda antsy to put Croyle in there in that situation. It's not going to be an accurate representation of his skills.

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Shea can only offer his opinion. If Herm wants to start Croyle, Herm's going to start him. It doesn't matter what Shea's wants.

Maybe Shea threatened to quit. Shea is Herm's best passing-game guru, so I doubt he wants that.

tk13
09-18-2006, 10:47 PM
And I should add, I also think Huard will get more comfortable with some games under his belt. People are bashing him, and I don't think he's that great at all, but I don't think many people even expected the performance he put up yesterday. If we'd had a "predict Huard's stats" thread we would've seen a lot of 10-21, 109 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT type lines.

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
It's not going to be an accurate representation of his skills.

To be fair, this Junior-Varsity, scaled back, watered down offense isn't an accurate representation of Huard's skills or lack thereof either.

I voted Croyle, but until the coaching staff gives a little slack on the leash, neither guy is going to be able to show what he's capable of.

Or not capable of.......

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 10:54 PM
If we'd had a "predict Huard's stats" thread we would've seen a lot of 10-21, 109 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT type lines.

That's not that far off......

17 of 23. Much better completion percentage, but let's face it, we weren't exactly Air Coryell out there Sunday.

133 yards.

0 TD

Replace 2 INT with 2 fumbles......

Douche Baggins
09-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, 73 percent is so close to 50 percent.

We couldn't afford to be Air Coryell. Our tackles aren't up to it.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 10:58 PM
And I should add, I also think Huard will get more comfortable with some games under his belt. People are bashing him, and I don't think he's that great at all, but I don't think many people even expected the performance he put up yesterday. If we'd had a "predict Huard's stats" thread we would've seen a lot of 10-21, 109 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT type lines.I would have never guessed that 80% of his passes would have been 5 yards or less, so yea, I probably would have predicted more imcompletions.

In the long run, the offense was just as effective as if he'd thrown for 50%.

OnTheWarpath58
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, 73 percent is so close to 50 percent.

We couldn't afford to be Air Coryell. Our tackles aren't up to it.

Jesus Christ.....can you ****ing read?

17 of 23. Much better completion percentage

The one category that was improved over TK's line. The other three were pretty much spot on.

I also never said we COULD afford to be Air Coryell. I just said we weren't. As I posted right before that, neither Huard nor Croyle will show thier skills or lack thereof if we continue to run this JV offense.

To be fair, this Junior-Varsity, scaled back, watered down offense isn't an accurate representation of Huard's skills or lack thereof either.

I voted Croyle, but until the coaching staff gives a little slack on the leash, neither guy is going to be able to show what he's capable of.

Or not capable of.......

Guru
09-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Our offensive line play.......
That was my thought.

ChiefsFanatic
09-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Huard is a joke, but our O-Line might ruin Croyle forever.

Remeber, Ryan Leaf was 2-0 when he came to Arrowhead the first time. He was never the same after that.

SLAG
09-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Huard is a joke, but our O-Line might ruin Croyle forever.

Remeber, Ryan Leaf was 2-0 when he came to Arrowhead the first time. He was never the same after that.

I honestly cant believe I have seen ryan leaf mention on Chiefs planet-

Damn-