PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Jericho - Anybody check out this new show?

Lzen
09-20-2006, 08:54 AM
I just saw this advertisement and I gotta admit that I'm intrigued. I've always been fascinated with nuclear holocaust stories.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_Series)

htismaqe
09-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I've got it set in my DVR...

Lzen
09-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Another good CBS series is The Unit. I watched all the episodes of the first season last year. Pretty good show, IMO. Didn't realize it started the new season already. I missed last night, dammit! Gotta remember to set the DVR.

burt
09-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I've got it set in my DVR...

Thanks for the reminder, I will set the DVR now.....

htismaqe
09-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I imagine it will suck, but NBC will be running Friday Night Lights - The Series starting the 1st week of October...

Braincase
09-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Lzen's old work computer is making a cameo appearance as a victim.

Demonpenz
09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
it turns out just to be a test in the end

Frazod
09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll give it a look. But if it ends up being on opposite Lost, that look will be brief.

The fact that I can't get CBS in HD sort of works against them, too.

milkman
09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Alas Babylon.

Demonpenz
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
i already got a copy of the final episdoe turns out the could was just from quicksurfers apartment

Lzen
09-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Lzen's old work computer is making a cameo appearance as a victim.

Heh, suprised anyone remembers that.

dirk digler
09-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Interesting enough my co-worker who sits next to me her daughter lives in LA and she can't get a real acting job so for right now her job is being an extra. She will be doing several of the episodes for Jericho and What about Brian.

KcMizzou
09-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm looking forward to Dexter on Showtime.

It's about a serial killer who hunts serial killers.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Frazod
09-20-2006, 08:25 PM
So, did anybody watch this? Was it worth a crap?

I just got home, so I missed it.

Bwana
09-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I'll give it a look. But if it ends up being on opposite Lost, that look will be brief.

That's my plan as well.

On a side note, does anyone know when 24 starts up again??

Frazod
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
That's my plan as well.

On a side note, does anyone know when 24 starts up again??

Yeah, January.

morphius
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
I give it an "eh"

Bwana
09-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, January.

Errrrr Thanks.

Adept Havelock
09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Alas Babylon.

:clap:
Yep, that old Pat Frank classic came to mind for me as well.

If they hang a banner that reads "There is still time, Brother" across Jericho's main street, I'm done. I'm not going through that again.

Lzen- Try "A Canticle For Liebowitz" by Walter M. Miller if you like "after the holocaust" genre novels. It's likely the best of the bunch with the possible exception of "Earth Abides".

http://www.amazon.com/Canticle-Leibowitz-Bantam-Spectra-Book/dp/0553379267

The pilot was quite promising, IMO. Now it's in the hands of the writers.

cookster50
09-20-2006, 09:08 PM
It was ok, I'll give it a few more episodes before passing final judgement.

tommykat
09-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I thought it was good...intense as we live in a world that this could happen. But I think this could be a good show.

KcMizzou
09-20-2006, 09:37 PM
It was ok, I'll give it a few more episodes before passing final judgement.I agree. Ok, but nothing special.

I think the concept is better suited for a mini-series.

burt
09-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Yep, that old Pat Frank classic came to mind for me as well.

If they hang a banner that reads "There is still time, Brother" across Jericho's main street, I'm done. I'm not going through that again.

Lzen- Try "A Canticle For Liebowitz" by Walter M. Miller if you like "after the holocaust" genre novels. It's likely the best of the bunch with the possible exception of "Earth Abides".

I haven't read that in years!!! My favorite is still.....don't abuse me Adept...."The Stand"

tommykat
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I haven't read that in years!!! My favorite is still.....don't abuse me Adept...."The Stand"

Read "The Stand" what? 30 years ago...Scared the chit out of me!

KcMizzou
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
M-O-O-N... that spells Tommykat.

oaklandhater
09-21-2006, 05:27 AM

There was talks last year of HBO doing a new mini series of the Stand.

Troy1220
09-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Thought it was "blah." Really didn't get into any of the characters, even the main one. I'll check it out again next week. I give it a C.
Troy

morphius
09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Thought it was "blah." Really didn't get into any of the characters, even the main one. I'll check it out again next week. I give it a C.
Troy
Yeah, the first episode came off a bit like lost, without getting you excited about the charecters. I want to give it a chance, but at the same time I sort of enjoy Bones on FOX which is at the same time.

patteeu
09-21-2006, 08:02 AM
How will they get resupplied with gas and other energy? I wasn't too impressed last night with the last half of the show (missed the first half). I doubt if I'll keep watching, but I might give it another try.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Anyone have a link/torrent to where I could download the show?

Robo-Chachi
09-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I agree. Ok, but nothing special.

I think the concept is better suited for a mini-series.

I really liked the show. But yeah, I'm just having trouble imagining how this will work as a series rather than a mini-series or movie.

StcChief
09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Week 1
character setup and actually 'Nuc' of Denver/Atlanta.

Give it a B- for what issues would exist in a real small town.

Can they keep it up for a season?

Lzen
09-21-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks, I love good book suggestions. I'll check it out.

I forgot to set my dvr yesterday when I got home from work. :banghead: We were in a hurry to get my son to his football game - weeknight games suck. Fortunately, it is being re-aired this Saturday on our local CBS affiliate.

Lzen
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
From some of the replies on this thread, I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be something that goes on and on like Invasion. That show drew me in with the first few episodes. Then it got to the point where they just dragged it out. I became apathetic.

patteeu
09-21-2006, 09:51 AM
From some of the replies on this thread, I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be something that goes on and on like Invasion. That show drew me in with the first few episodes. Then it got to the point where they just dragged it out. I became apathetic.

That's why I agree with the people who think something like this would make a better mini-series.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Not bad, but not the best new show I've seen this week (that would be SMITH. Ray Liotta rocks).

For SHTF novels, y'all might look for "Lucifer's Hammer' by Niven/Pournelle.

StcChief
09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Not bad, but not the best new show I've seen this week (that would be SMITH. Ray Liotta rocks).

For SHTF novels, y'all might look for "Lucifer's Hammer' by Niven/Pournelle.

I liked SMITH too. Could be very good.

broncoholic
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyone have a link/torrent to where I could download the show?
You can watch most of it here...
http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fall06/?d=200

Pneuma
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
It could have been better...I will watch a couple more times before my decision...

I can't wait for The Office and My Name is Earl tonight!

KC-TBB
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I watched it, not bad, but a bit depressing...if your into that...

Adept Havelock
09-21-2006, 05:38 PM
For good "end of the world" stuff you might also like:

Warday- Kunetka and Strieber. It follows the authors on a journey through America 5 years after a very limited nuclear exchange (NY,DC, San Antonio, and the Dakota/Wyoming Silos).

On the Beach- Neville Shute. After the war, the folks down in Aussie land wait for the Radiation, and for a surviving US sub to see if there might be a refuge in the far north, the source of a mysterious signal. The book and original film are great, but the 2003 remake with Armand Assante, Rachel Ward ,and Bryan Brown isn't bad either.

Arc Light by Eric Harry is fun, if a bit of "Ameri-wank". After an accidental limited counterforce nuclear exchange, the invasion of Russia is on.

As mentioned by others-

Alas Babylon- Think "Jericho" in the 50's, set in central Florida.

The Stand- Plague followed by Good and Evil having a heckuva tug-of-war over those that are left. Dale, I couldn't possibly give you grief about that, it's one of my favorites too. :) "Swan Song" was OK too, it's the same premise after a nuclear war.

Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle- The inspiration for Deep Impact, Armegeddon, and a large number of other "let's hit the Earth with a big object" books and movies. In this case the comet's impact is just the beginning of the problems.

A recent one I enjoyed was "Dies the Fire" and it's sequels by SM Stirling. On one day in 1998, all "high energy density" technologies stop working. No electricity is bad. No steam engines is worse. No gunpowder or explosives (they just kind of fizz) really, really, sucks. Hell of a fun series after the initial die-off, though.

Dale- If you liked "Canticle for Leibowitz" pick up the other one "Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman". It's set shortly after the middle episode of the original novel, and really gets involved with the "Nomads" of the Bayring (Bering?) Horde, and their alliance with the Mother Church against the Hannigan down in Texark.

LanceHunter
09-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I liked the pilot , a little dark for sure , next week , here comes the fallout lol , kinda like the fallout Herm might get if he doesn't find a way to not lose to SF lmao . Just a btw , i downloaded Jericho last weekend with emule plus , evidently the pilot was leaked ( proably by the network ) I'm not into tv series usually , but I do have the last 3 yrs episodes of Deadwood , and burned to cd-r lol . I have a phillips dvd player that decodes Divx , nice to put a whole dvd rip on cd-r , for long movies it's usually 2 files , but the quality is very near dvd lol .

KcMizzou
09-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Sort of off-topic, but...

"Shark" was pretty cool. I wasn't sure the world needed another law drama, but I liked it. James Woods is a good actor.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 10:38 PM
For good "end of the world" stuff you might also like:

Warday- Kunetka and Strieber. It follows the authors on a journey through America 5 years after a very limited nuclear exchange (NY,DC, San Antonio, and the Dakota/Wyoming Silos).

Completely agree.

That was the most thought out work on the "nuke apocalypse " idea I've ever seen. Things that you never thought of that would be very likely under a limited nuclear exchange...

Logical
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
I liked it but like so many of the new shows the music stinks that they use for background.:mad:

listopencil
09-22-2006, 01:10 AM
It's likely the best of the bunch with the possible exception of "Earth Abides".

That was a great book. Very well done. I would recommend it to anyone.

listopencil
09-22-2006, 01:16 AM
On the Beach- Neville Shute. After the war, the folks down in Aussie land wait for the Radiation, and for a surviving US sub to see if there might be a refuge in the far north, the source of a mysterious signal. The book and original film are great, but the 2003 remake with Armand Assante, Rachel Ward ,and Bryan Brown isn't bad either.

I remember a bunch of media hype surrounding the made-for-TV movie "The Day After" when it was broadcast. A lot of people were saying that it would have a huge impact on the American TV audience and that kids shouldn't watch it because they would be emotionally scarred. As I was turning off that pile of crap about a half hour into it, I remember thinking how much better the original "On The Beach" was. That's a movie that will stay with you.

Kraut
09-22-2006, 06:27 AM
I think the show can work. I thought it was above average. I will continue to watch for now.

Robo-Chachi
09-22-2006, 09:09 AM
For good "end of the world" stuff you might also like...

I gotta mention the movie Testament. I saw this movie when I was a kid and it basically f'ed me up for life. It is similar to Jericho. A town on the outskirts of a nuclear blast. Although, there's no crazy action scenes or escaped prisoners. You just watch a town, and primarily a family, slowly die of radiation poisoning. It is so good but it will depress the hell out of you. I can't recommend it enough.

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60010980&trkid=189530&strkid=285413635_0_0

cookster50
09-22-2006, 10:40 AM
This is kind of funny, chiefsplaneteers talking about books like they've actually read them. LOL!

Adept Havelock
09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I gotta mention the movie Testament. I saw this movie when I was a kid and it basically f'ed me up for life. It is similar to Jericho. A town on the outskirts of a nuclear blast. Although, there's no crazy action scenes or escaped prisoners. You just watch a town, and primarily a family, slowly die of radiation poisoning. It is so good but it will depress the hell out of you. I can't recommend it enough.

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60010980&trkid=189530&strkid=285413635_0_0

It was good, as was a UK version called "Threads". Another piece of extremley black comedy was "When the wind blows", also from the UK.

This is kind of funny, chiefsplaneteers talking about books like they've actually read them. LOL!

Naw, I just chew on the pages for a while, stick the book under a pillor and get the story by osmosis.

Coach
09-22-2006, 01:11 PM
I keep thinking of an old movie that the USSR nuked the state of Kansas.

What was that title of that movie? The Last Day or something?

IIRC, wasn't Bill Murray on that one, or am I thinking of something else?

Rausch
09-22-2006, 01:23 PM

The Day After.

Pretty good, but really dated. I think I bought it for $5 on DVD...

Baby Lee
09-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Any Deadwood fans a little skeeved at the sight of McRaney as the 'good guy?'

Adept Havelock
09-22-2006, 01:37 PM

Yep, The Day After. No Bill Murray, but it was an early role for Steve Guttenburg, and had John Lithgow as well.

Anybody remember the incredibly long and rather tedious miniseries in response to it, "Amerika"? Great cast and concept, but poorly executed. Only Kris Kristofferson can save us from the Soviet Occupation, led by Sam Neill.... ROFL

Lzen
09-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Anybody catch this week's episode. I think it's getting kind of interesting. It really makes me anxious to know exactly what happened.

Warning: Spoiler - highlight to read

Although at the end of the episode, you could guess that the cop from St. Louis knew a lot more. Apparently, not only did Denver and Atlanta get hit with nuclear bombs. Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, and at least 3 more sites that they didn't show him marking with the push pins. Crazy stuff.

KC-TBB
09-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I too am getting kinda hooked...see if they can hold up the suspense, before it slides into SUCKSVILLE where most of these shows end.

Lzen
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I too am getting kinda hooked...see if they can hold up the suspense, before it slides into SUCKSVILLE where most of these shows end.

Either that or they cancel it just when it is getting good.

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I wasn't thrilled with last nights episode. I am hopeful it ended the escaped prisoners plot line though. As if nuculear war isn't enough to drive the plot.

I know it can't be completely true to life but some things bugged me;

1. Exploding the entrance to a mine with several hundered people in it. I would think an explosion sealing off the mine would throw so much crap into the air they would all die down there. Ala, Sago mine.

2. So after the radioactive rain stops they'll all come out next week and everything with be fine?

3. If as many nukes went off as alluded to last night wouldn't the whole country, and most likely world, pretty much be doomed by an unavoidable nuculear fallout/winter?

Lzen
09-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I wasn't thrilled with last nights episode. I am hopeful it ended the escaped prisoners plot line though. As if nuculear war isn't enough to drive the plot.

I agree. I like pretty much everything about the pilot episode except that stupid crap. I thought "oh boy, typical Hollywood BS".

1. Exploding the entrance to a mine with several hundered people in it. I would think an explosion sealing off the mine would throw so much crap into the air they would all die down there. Ala, Sago mine.

I'm not really sure. Perhaps the explosion was set to make the blast go outward rather than down inside the mine. I really have no clue about dynomite and mines, though. So, your guess is as good as mine.

2. So after the radioactive rain stops they'll all come out next week and everything with be fine?

They did mention that everything would have to be cleaned. How they're gonna do that have no idea. They also said they will have to clear off at least the top 18" of soil before planting new crops.

3. If as many nukes went off as alluded to last night wouldn't the whole country, and most likely world, pretty much be doomed by an unavoidable nuculear fallout/winter?

Good question. I'm not sure how this would work out. Perhaps what they alluded to last night were the only ones and perhaps that number is survivable. That is, if you aren't within a 100 miles or whatever of the blast radius.

These are all good questions and I'm hoping that they'll do a better job of explaining them as the show progresses. If they don't keep it realistic and factual, I'll probably lose some interest.

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm not really sure. Perhaps the explosion was set to make the blast go outward rather than down inside the mine. I really have no clue about dynomite and mines, though. So, your guess is as good as mine.

That's the other thing. They had the drifter son in there placing all the explosive charges because he "knew a guy", while the guy who owns the mine and the guy who has worked there for 27 years stand there watching like a couple of 4 year old kids.

Lzen
09-28-2006, 01:55 PM
That's the other thing. They had the drifter son in there placing all the explosive charges because he "knew a guy", while the guy who owns the mine and the guy who has worked there for 27 years stand there watching like a couple of 4 year old kids.

Heh, good point. However, I get the impression that the drifter son was involved in some things (military?) and knows how to do a lot of things.

cookster50
09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
The town sure will be lucky to have experts in every freaking field imaginable.

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
They're going to build a space ship and colonize the moon to start season 2.

chagrin
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM

I enjoyed episode 1, but have 2 taped. I am afraid to invest some time watching this thing if it's going to be LOST part II...guys what is your take on it, other than what you think of last night's episode?

Is it exactly like LOST or is it something that might actually be interesting?

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I enjoyed episode 1, but have 2 taped. I am afraid to invest some time watching this thing if it's going to be LOST part II...guys what is your take on it, other than what you think of last night's episode?

Nothing like Lost so far. Town mostly full of people who know one another. No flashbacks yet.

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread but did anyone watch the pilot of Heroes? It seems really promising and looks like it could have some staying power. I highly recommend it.

You can even catch the whole first episode here;

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

Adept Havelock
09-28-2006, 04:13 PM

I think it might be worthwhile, if the writers keep the show focused on "survival" and "what the hell happened" issues.

FYI- Regarding your sig, it's "Norman Mailer".

Lzen
09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread but did anyone watch the pilot of Heroes? It seems really promising and looks like it could have some staying power. I highly recommend it.

I caught the last 25 minutes of it. It looked alright. Could turn out to be good. Or it could end up like Invasion where they draw everything out and I get bored.

cookster50
09-28-2006, 05:01 PM

I thought it was blah.

KcMizzou
09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I actually liked Heroes more than Jericho.

TinyEvel
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Damn! I have both Jericho episodes on DVR and haven't watched it yet cause I've been traveling for work. Worst part is, we're good friends with Skeet Ulrich, the star. Our kids go to school together they're best friends. I haven't called him sicne it began. I hope it takes off, Skeet's a good guy.

Sully
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Name dropper.

Tactical Funky
09-28-2006, 06:39 PM

I have a decent working knowledge of nucear warfare scenarios and effects, so I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. The explosives were placed on a support structure around the opening of the mine (which is quite small compared to the volume of the mine interior) and the collapse of the entrance itself would probably pose little threat to those folks if they were deep within the mine and had working ventilation.

2. Fallout has a 10% reduction in radiation levels after approximately 7 hours, but only 1/10 of a reduction for 7 hours afterwards, and so on and so forth in a pattern of exponential decay; the extensive half-life of radioactive isotopes is what makes them so dangerous in the long-term. Folks that have taken shelter from fallout can venture outside after 2-3 weeks for about increasing increments of time (a few hours per day at initially) in order to work or clean affected surfaces. Inhabitance in a shelter is not required after a month.

3. There were actually scenarious adopted during the Cold War that assumed the United States and the Soviet Union could engage in a "limited" form of nuclear warfare involving only military and other tactical targets. Studies suggested that such a counterforce exchange would render certain "hot spots" completely void of life (i.e. blast zones, congregations of downwind fallout) but others would only suffer minor effects, even in the long-term. Basically, just because dozens of nukes or more are used does not make nuclear winter a plausibility. However, the credibility of the aformentioned scenario is pretty much falsified when one realizes that such a campaign would likely fail to stay limited in nature and would almost certainly progress to strategic targeting of industrial, governmental and civilian population centers in a so-called "countervalue strike."

Adept Havelock
09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I have a decent working knowledge of nucear warfare scenarios and effects, so I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. The explosives were placed on a support structure around the opening of the mine (which is quite small compared to the volume of the mine interior) and the collapse of the entrance itself would probably pose little threat to those folks if they were deep within the mine and had working ventilation.

2. Fallout has a 10% reduction in radiation levels after approximately 7 hours, but only 1/10 of a reduction for 7 hours afterwards, and so on and so forth in a pattern of exponential decay; the extensive half-life of radioactive isotopes is what makes them so dangerous in the long-term. Folks that have taken shelter from fallout can venture outside after 2-3 weeks for about increasing increments of time (a few hours per day at initially) in order to work or clean affected surfaces. Inhabitance in a shelter is not required after a month.

3. There were actually scenarious adopted during the Cold War that assumed the United States and the Soviet Union could engage in a "limited" form of nuclear warfare involving only military and other tactical targets. Studies suggested that such a counterforce exchange would render certain "hot spots" completely void of life (i.e. blast zones, congregations of downwind fallout) but others would only suffer minor effects, even in the long-term. Basically, just because dozens of nukes or more are used does not make nuclear winter a plausibility. However, the credibility of the aformentioned scenario is pretty much falsified when one realizes that such a campaign would likely fail to stay limited in nature and would almost certainly progress to strategic targeting of industrial, governmental and civilian population centers in a so-called "countervalue strike."

Well researched and well expressed. I always figured the dominant factor of inducing "nuclear winter" would be the huge firestorms that would devlop in/over urban areas in a massive "countervalue" strike. I know the US had considered the Siberian Forests a target for a similar reason during some of the early incarnations of the SIOP.

The "limited" exchange discussed so far in Jericho seems nowhere near large enough to induce Fimbulwinter. JMO.

Tactical Funky
09-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Well researched and well expressed. I always figured the dominant factor of inducing "nuclear winter" would be the huge firestorms that would devlop in/over urban areas in a massive "countervalue" strike. I know the US had considered the Siberian Forests a target for a similar reason during some of the early incarnations of the SIOP.

The "limited" exchange discussed so far in Jericho seems nowhere near large enough to induce Fimbulwinter. JMO.
Thank you, kind sir.

You have a good grasp of knowledge regarding the topic as well. As for Jericho, it seems that the devices used were of a good-sized yield (based upon the one in Denver) due to the luminosity and size of the mushroom cloud witnessed in the series premiere. Thoughts?

In my opinion, the first choice is obviously "suitcase" nukes from the former USSR, but the yield and even the existence of such weapons is questionable; secondly, perhaps MIRV warheads were repacked in an inconspicuous manner or more likely smuggled into the U.S. piece-by-piece over time. With our porous borders, such an operation could be quite possible.

Adept Havelock
09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm indescive. It could have been terrorists in a large, organized "suitcase"-style operation....I'm also open to the idea it was a "traditional" exchange with Russia, China, or possibly a former Soviet Republic like Ukraine. The news reports from early in the pilot were (purposefully?) vague.

If it's as widespread as I think it is, and they are playing out a "collapse followed by building up from the ashes" scenario where Jericho becomes the nucleus of a "new" state or nation, we may never find out. At least not until the series finale.

Last night I was watching, and an old song ran through my head....

Black powder and alcohol,
When the states and the cities fall,
When your back is against the wall;
Black powder and alcohol.

Gimme charcoal to the measure two:
Send the bullet where you want it to.
Gimme sulphur to the measure three:
Make the powder gonna keep you free.
Gimme saltpetre, measure fifteen:
Sweetest shooting that you've ever seen! (chorus)

Gimme water, yeast, and veggie-trash:
Leave it sitting in the slurry-mash.
When it's ready, put it in the still:
If you can't heat it, then the sunlight will.
Draw the alcohol away, and then
Put the slurry back, and start again! (chorus)

Booze'll clean your cuts, or run your car.
You can make it anywhere you are.
Black powder in your cartridge shell
Will send the robbers running clean to Hell.
You can make them if you just know how.
So kids, remember what I tell you now!

Lzen
09-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Dammit! I come home and The Day After is on Sci Fi. It has been on since 7pm. I missed half of it. :banghead:

Adept Havelock
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Dammit! I come home and The Day After is on Sci Fi. It has been on since 7pm. I missed half of it. :banghead:

Relax. Target has the DVD for 10 bucks.

Besides, you missed the build up...as I recall, it took half the movie for the nukes to fly in the first place.

"Countdown to Looking Glass" and "By Dawns Early Light" were pretty damn good as well, IIRC.

Lzen
10-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Relax. Target has the DVD for 10 bucks.

Besides, you missed the build up...as I recall, it took half the movie for the nukes to fly in the first place.

"Countdown to Looking Glass" and "By Dawns Early Light" were pretty damn good as well, IIRC.

I don't wanna buy it, I just wanna see it once more. I first saw it when I was a kid. ;) BTW, The Day After is on Sci Fi Channel this Sunday at 3pm Central. http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=8-OCT-2006&feed_req

As for Jericho, has anyone been watching? They gave a little more detail this week. It'll be interesting to learn what, exactly happened. Here's a little something I found on this. In the 2nd episode, it appears that the cities that were hit were Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, & San Diego. This week, we caught a really short glimpse of a map on the television in the bar. It shows Dallas, Seattle, and another city in California.

I wonder what would happen to this country if all those cities got hit. How would our government function, if at all?

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2006/10/05/Jericho-Map-and-list-of-nuked-cities

Adept Havelock
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
From the ATC tapes from the downed plane, it appears KC bought it too. One of the pilots reported a "plume" just when KC ATC went off the air.

Lzen
10-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about that.

Hmmm, I wonder why that wasn't on the map.

Adept Havelock
10-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about that.

Hmmm, I wonder why that wasn't on the map.

I think there were a few others mentioned that didn't show on the map. Maybe it was smaller devices, and the map showed "city-busters"... :shrug:

Then again, a day or two after a nuclear exchange/attack, info is bound to be pretty sketchy. That episode started only about 18 hours after the bombs, IIRC.

Oh well, time to get busy making "Black Powder and Alcohol"... ;)

carlos3652
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Nice Show...

Raiderhader
11-01-2006, 07:21 PM
They took out Lawrence!

This is my first time watching this show, and I love it. :D

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
They took out Lawrence!

PBJ

Frazod
11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
They took out Lawrence!

And don't forget, Denver bought it first. :thumb:

Although tonight's episode revealed that the only major city that survived is NEW YORK. :spock:

That just doesn't seem fair, dammit. :cuss:

And yes, it seems a good show so far. As our intrepid heroes rumble off in the last of the V8 Interceptors.

Tactical Funky
11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
They took out Lawrence!

:cuss:

I was just sitting at home, minding my business and then BLAM! - I'm molecular mincemeat. :deevee:

Frazod
11-01-2006, 09:02 PM
PBJ

Quantrill's revenge..... :)

Tactical Funky
11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
BTW, remember how they described the would-be attackers in NYC as hiding a nuclear weapon in a 55-gallon barrel?

Well, I seem to recall Mr. Hawkins hiding a similar barrel behind a wall of cinderblocks in his basement during the second episode...

An interesting turn of events, no less.

Also, why would "they" want to nuke Lawrence? Or is it a throw-back reference to The Day After?

Tactical Funky
11-01-2006, 09:06 PM
PBJ
*drives to Parkville, gets out of car, farts, gets back into car, and heads back to Larryville*

There! :p

:(

Raiderhader
11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
And don't forget, Denver bought it first. :thumb:

Although tonight's episode revealed that the only major city that survived is NEW YORK. :spock:

That just doesn't seem fair, dammit. :cuss:

And yes, it seems a good show so far. As our intrepid heroes rumble off in the last of the V8 Interceptors.

Tonight was my first time watching any of this show, so I had no idea about Denver. What's the word on Oaktown?

I must say that I am now intrigued knowing what the storyline is (I had no idea until tonight; I don't watch a lot of tv). I'll be sure to tune in next week, which promises gun play. :bang: :D

Frazod
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Tonight was my first time watching any of this show, so I had no idea about Denver. What's the word on Oaktown?

I must say that I am now intrigued knowing what the storyline is (I had no idea until tonight; I don't watch a lot of tv). I'll be sure to tune in next week, which promises gun play. :bang: :D

You can go to the CBS website and watch old episodes.

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
*drives to Parkville, gets out of car, farts, gets back into car, and heads back to Larryville*

There! :p

:(Hehe... I couldn't help myself.

Rep.

Tactical Funky
11-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Hehe... I couldn't help myself.

Rep.
Word. :)

Lzen
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I have some questions after seeing the episodes of the past couple week's.

- Why did they(assuming the enemy) detonate a nuke in midair(the one that was responsible for the EMP that took out all the electronics) days (or weeks?) after the original attacks? I thought that it was a given that an EMP would be shortly before the actual attack.

- If the attacks were the result of a terrorist attack (as was alluded to when they said the NYPD stopped some with a bomb in a truck), why would there even be an EMP? Or for that matter, why would there be a retaliatory attack?

- Was this a combined terrorist attack supported by a country that has ICBMs?

keg in kc
11-04-2006, 12:14 PM
What I thought was interesting is that the NYC bomb that was stopped was (IIRC) a 20 kiloton device *inside a steel drum*.

Didn't the black dude cement a mysterious steel drum into his basement/bunker...

Adept Havelock
11-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I have some questions after seeing the episodes of the past couple week's.

- Why did they(assuming the enemy) detonate a nuke in midair(the one that was responsible for the EMP that took out all the electronics) days (or weeks?) after the original attacks? I thought that it was a given that an EMP would be shortly before the actual attack.

- If the attacks were the result of a terrorist attack (as was alluded to when they said the NYPD stopped some with a bomb in a truck), why would there even be an EMP? Or for that matter, why would there be a retaliatory attack?

- Was this a combined terrorist attack supported by a country that has ICBMs?

1. If you can disrupt the recovery attempts after a strike, you create even more chaos than your initial strike did. That, and the effect on morale would be striking, IMO.

2. It was pretty clear the EMP was a high-altitude burst.

3. That's my guess. Unless they are going to paint it as an "internal" domestic terrorist group.

What I thought was interesting is that the NYC bomb that was stopped was (IIRC) a 20 kiloton device *inside a steel drum*.

Didn't the black dude cement a mysterious steel drum into his basement/bunker...

He did, but I think they showed in the first shots of it is was storage for several conventional assault rifles and some other toys.

Lzen
11-04-2006, 02:36 PM

Hmmmm....I remember him doing some strange things. Don't remember that part but you may be right. This is really weird.

Lzen
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Adept Havelock,
I understand the reason for the EMP. It would be a way to disrupt communications, transportation, etc., etc. I just thought they would detonate an EMP prior to the attack.

Lzen
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Jericho_%28TV_series%29/Possible_Attackers

Here's some discussion on Wikipedia on who are the possible attackers responsible for the nukes.

Lzen
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Bump for the day crowd.

Raiderhader
11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
"We need to discuss why you are lying to us....

We'll see you soon."

Anybody else get the sneaky suspicion that our FBI friend is actually working for an agency a tad bit more shady than the Bureau?

Hoover
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
actually, I think he does work for the Bureau, but the good guys are now the bad guys because the county lost all forms of govt.

Lzen
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM

We'll see you soon."

Anybody else get the sneaky suspicion that our FBI friend is actually working for an agency a tad bit more shady than the Bureau?

Yes, definitely. You should check out the forums on www.whodroppedthebomb.com. There are some discussions about Hawkins. Of course, that is after you wade through the threads about China or North Korea being the responsible parties.

Raiderhader
11-30-2006, 05:39 PM
actually, I think he does work for the Bureau, but the good guys are now the bad guys because the county lost all forms of govt.

Possible, but the sat photo and the end message just give it a different feel to me.

Raiderhader
11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes, definitely. You should check out the forums on www.whodroppedthebomb.com. There are some discussions about Hawkins. Of course, that is after you wade through the threads about China or North Korea being the responsible parties.

I meant to check that out last night, and got distracted by a shiny object or something...

Adept Havelock
11-30-2006, 05:59 PM

We'll see you soon."

Hawkins isn't Bureau. The Morse Code over the opening credits in that episode was "Rob Not FBI".

Raiderhader
11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Hawkins isn't Bureau. The Morse Code over the opening credits in that episode was "Rob Not FBI".

I have yet to see all of the episodes, and I don't know morse code anyway.

chiefsfan987
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
This show shouldn't have taken a hiatus. It doesn't have near high enough ratings to stop it and expect people to come back in February. They'll find something else to watch and it won't even have a second season and that sorta stinks because I'm just now really starting to get into it.

Cntrygal
11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
It didn't surprise me that "The Mayor" got voted out, but I don't like the jackass they voted in. Right now I'm of the opinion they deserve what they get in him.

htismaqe
11-30-2006, 08:39 PM
This show shouldn't have taken a hiatus. It doesn't have near high enough ratings to stop it and expect people to come back in February. They'll find something else to watch and it won't even have a second season and that sorta stinks because I'm just now really starting to get into it.

Actually the ratings aren't bad...

Lzen
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone still watching? If so, what are your thoughts. I think it's kind of strange that they've killed 38 of New Bern's men and yet there appears to be an invasion coming from them. WTF? How many fighting men do they have in some little podunk Kansas town anyway?

htismaqe
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm totally hooked on this and Heroes. I don't even watch anything else.

Hawkins kicks ass.

Adept Havelock
05-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Yep, headed for a hell of a cliffhanger, I'm sure. I'm wondering if this episode will be the end of our favorite retired Army Ranger. I hope not, but I could see them doing it to get Jake into a larger leadership role.

Anyone heard if it's been picked up for season 2?

htismaqe
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
The teaser said that an old hero will die so that a new one can emerge.

My guess is that Johnston bites it.

stevieray
05-03-2007, 05:43 PM
my wife and I love it, other than if you are going to have teenager pretend he's a tough guy, make him look like mohilbilly instead of a wuss.

destro
05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I WOULD like to know who the heck we fired all of those missles at about halfway through the season. We nuked somebody. But...the show is wonderful.

Adept Havelock
05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Something tells me the kid running the grocery store is going to get it. He and the girl have pretty much crossed over, with him becoming self-obsessed, and her learning to give a damn about something more than herself.

I hope they don't kill Johnston, but it would make sense.

As for the missiles, I honestly have no idea if it was a strike at a foreign power, or if they were EMP devices launched by the plotters to undermine the recovery efforts. Hell, for all I know they were targeted at the Hanso Foundation.

chiefsfan987
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Yep, headed for a hell of a cliffhanger, I'm sure. I'm wondering if this episode will be the end of our favorite retired Army Ranger. I hope not, but I could see them doing it to get Jake into a larger leadership role.

Anyone heard if it's been picked up for season 2?

They should be announcing that soon. It appears that it may be picked up for a second season afterall. I didn't think it would since I like it and shows I like never seem to stay on the air. On the Jericho board they have an ask the producers section that asked that question in a round about way and here is what they had to say:

"Question:

Future of Show
Is episode 23 the season finale, or the series finale?

Producer's Response:

Episode 22, entitled "Why We Fight," is most definitely not a series finale! In fact, by the time it's over, you'll have some great clues about where our story is headed in its second season.

and then I also stumbled upon this from syfyportal

CBS Set To Return 'Jericho' For Season 2
Ratings aren't the best, but network sees promise

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: SyFy Portal
Apr-16-2007

The biggest trend in broadcast television in the 2006-07 television season seems to be networks' desire to put a lot of time between episodes as NBC has done with "Heroes," what ABC did with "Lost" and what CBS decided to do with "Jericho." But in terms of split seasons, it looks like those shows will go three-for-three in the renewal department.
A source tells SyFy Portal that CBS is expected to pick up "Jericho" for a second season, although it may move to a new night when fall rolls around. The show has had a tough time against competition such as "American Idol" on Fox this spring after its return, but the network has shown nothing but promise for the show, giving it a full season order when some thought it might be heading to the big one-season place in the sky.

"Jericho" stars Skeet Ulrich, Ashley Scott and Lennie James and has found ways to revitalize fears not felt since the Cold War in what seems to be a post-apocalypse Kansas.

Last week, "Jericho" beat out the season finale of "Til Death," which had been finishing in the Nielsen weekly top 20 according to overnights, earning a 5.3 rating/9 share and winning the 8 p.m. time slot. That helped CBS take second place for the night, behind an "American Idol" fueled Fox.

News of a renewal would be great news for a legion of diehard fans of the show that have been behind it since the beginning, but it's unlikely that CBS -- or any other network for that matter -- will be ordering too many more story-arc dependent series such as "Jericho" as it and "Heroes" are basically the only ones of this type surviving after debuting last fall.

Of course, none of this has yet to be confirmed by CBS, so take it as you would any other rumor.

Adept Havelock
05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Good deal. I've been pretty sure of where Season 2 would go ever since they named one of the episodes "Bleeding Kansas", and mentioned we have 6 different contenders for the federal government.

Not exactly subtle, but it'll keep me watching.

keg in kc
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Pretty bad writing, too much romance bullshit, and not dark or violent enough, but I keep watching anyway.

Rausch
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Pretty bad writing, too much romance bullshit, and not dark or violent enough, but I keep watching anyway.

I keep watching knowing that there's just enough brains to keep me hooked, but it's no "Warday."

Some writer described it as "The Day After" meets "90210."

Fitting...

keg in kc
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that about sums it up.

Mr. Plow
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Personally, I like the show. Started watching just cause it takes place in KS. Ended up liking it. I'm easy to please though.

dr00d
05-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I was losing a lot of interest during the winter months...and I pretty much lost all rep with me when I saw the girl type in an impossible IP address like she knew some website from it's IP rather than DNS entry....however these last few episodes have really brought things back together, it will be interesting to see the next two weeks.

Lzen
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
my wife and I love it, other than if you are going to have teenager pretend he's a tough guy, make him look like mohilbilly instead of a wuss.

Ha, good point. I used to kind of like his character. Now I just wanna put a boot in his ass.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
I keep watching knowing that there's just enough brains to keep me hooked, but it's no "Warday."

Warday would make a fantastic miniseries or one to two year series.

The other "apocalypse lite" novel they did, Nature's End...not so much.

htismaqe
05-04-2007, 10:58 AM
I was losing a lot of interest during the winter months...and I pretty much lost all rep with me when I saw the girl type in an impossible IP address like she knew some website from it's IP rather than DNS entry....however these last few episodes have really brought things back together, it will be interesting to see the next two weeks.

They don't use real IP addresses on TV.

For the same reason they don't use real telephone numbers.

Mr. Plow
05-04-2007, 11:25 AM

They don't use real telephone #'s? Damn, I had Jack Bauer on speed dial.

Lzen
05-04-2007, 11:26 AM

So, you're saying that 555 isn't a real prefix?

Mr. Plow
05-04-2007, 11:28 AM
So, you're saying that 555 isn't a real prefix?

I don't believe you.

Sully
05-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Just caught up with the past 2 episodes.

Why does McRaney have to die everytime he gets in a role that interests me? First Deadwood, now this...

Lzen
05-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that sucks. I like his character. Why couldn't they kill off Gray Anderson? This is gonna be really interesting when the new season starts.

Another CBS show that I really love is the Unit. I just watched the season finale this morning. Now I'm wondering WTF are they gonna do with the show. Are they planning on canceling it? It has only been on for 2 years. It was a very bizarre season ending. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Adept Havelock
05-12-2007, 12:03 PM
It's a damn shame (Johnston dying), but it does set the stage for some solid drama down the road.

That flag at Camp Liberty was interesting. 21 stars and vertical stripes like the legend of the US Civil Flag.

21 stars...well, the Military did say the other regions had been pacified except for the East, and Texas. The "Lower 48", minus the states East of the Missisippi and Texas= 21.

Season 2- The Second US Civil War? :shrug:

And hopefully Hawkins and/or Jake putting two in the forehead of the head conspirator.

Baby Lee
05-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Just caught up with the past 2 episodes.

Why does McRaney have to die everytime he gets in a role that interests me? First Deadwood, now this...
Deadwood died, Hearst just left town.
But it's OK, we still got Brom Garrett and just added Silas.

Brock
05-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Major Dad reunion?

Sully
05-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Major Dad reunion?
The oldest daughter on that show was SMOKIN'!

chiefsfan987
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Looks like CBS is changing their minds. I kind of figured this would happen. The shows ratings just kept plummeting and plummeting from start to finish. Well that, and the fact that none of the show's I like ever seem to get renewed.

Tomorrow they will announce the fall lineup but it doesn't look like Jericho will be one of those shows. Instead it looks like they're going to take a shot on a musical produced by Hugh Jackman, a show about a vampire private eye, and a show about a group of 70's swingers. If in fact it is cancelled by CBS I wish another network would pick it up like Sci-fi or the CW. I think it would do well on one of those channels.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
RAW

IS

Lzen
05-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Looks like CBS is changing their minds. I kind of figured this would happen. The shows ratings just kept plummeting and plummeting from start to finish. Well that, and the fact that none of the show's I like ever seem to get renewed.

Tomorrow they will announce the fall lineup but it doesn't look like Jericho will be one of those shows. Instead it looks like they're going to take a shot on a musical produced by Hugh Jackman, a show about a vampire private eye, and a show about a group of 70's swingers. If in fact it is cancelled by CBS I wish another network would pick it up like Sci-fi or the CW. I think it would do well on one of those channels.

Damn if that is true. :banghead: Many shows that I like tend to get canceled.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
JERICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chiefsfan987
05-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Damn if that is true. :banghead: Many shows that I like tend to get canceled.

Well I think there is a campaign getting started to get the CW to pick it up from what I've seen.

Here's an article from variety that just came out today:

CBS cancels 'Jericho,' two others

'Class,' 'Home' axed; 'Your Mother' renewed

By JOSEF ADALIANCBS has apparently nuked "Jericho," dismissed "Class" and closed the book on "Close to Home."
Net wasn't commenting Tuesday, but several people familiar with the situation said none of the skeins has been given a series order for next season. "Close to Home" had been considered near dead for several months now, with "Class" on the longshot list, but there had been speculation that CBS would exercise some patience with "Jericho."

Eye skeins getting better news this week include "How I Met Your Mother," which has been picked up for a third season. Eye's most buzzworthy laffer might seem to be a no-brainer for renewal, but CBS execs make producers sweat it out until the last minute.

End for "Close to Home" comes after two seasons for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama. Cancellation also means that, for the first time in many years, Bruckheimer will be losing a show from his still impressive slate of hits. It's also the second consecutive year Bruckheimer has failed to place a new show on the nets' skeds.

"The Class" is a heartbreaker for the small audience of the Warner Bros. TV-produced show, which seemed to find its creative voice toward the end of its shortened first season. It also produced stable ratings in the 8:30 p.m. slot, but the show's lofty auspices and huge pre-season hype had CBS execs hoping for more.

As previously reported, "The Unit," "Numbers" and "Ghost Whisperer" will be back next season, as will "NCIS" and all three "CSI" skeins.

Sole CBS frosh drama set to return is "Shark." Eye is also moving forward with another year of "Rules of Engagement."

tommykat
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
That sucks! I really liked that show.

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
That sucks! I really liked that show.

This proves it any show I start to watch gets Canned Carnival Deadwood jericho Studio 60 black donnellys.Fans of the 4400 and flight of the concords better watch out because im coming.

Adept Havelock
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, sh**. :banghead:

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, sh**. :banghead:

The thing that really pisses me off is a hugh jackman musical Show is takeing jericho's old time slot :(

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Just look at the Veiws on CP for jericho Vs heroes it shows just how unpopular Jericho was :(

Adept Havelock
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
The thing that really pisses me off is a hugh jackman musical Show is takeing jericho's old time slot :(

:eek:

Great. They bump Jericho to make way for a Wolverine musical. Guess they never should have hired Kelsey Grammer to play Beast in X3. Looks like it rubbed off.

Or maybe we'll be treated to "Van Helsing: The Musical"

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
:eek:

Great. They bump Jericho to make way for a Wolverine musical. Guess they never should have hired Kelsey Grammer to play Beast in X3. Looks like it rubbed off.

Or maybe we'll be treated to "Van Helsing: The Musical"

Im guessing it has something to do with his Boy from oz musical play And most Likely will be a reality tv show of some sort.

htismaqe
05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I really hope somebody picks it up.

sportsman1
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
First Show I have ever watched from the beginning on Network TV. DAMN IT! Figures, it better be picked up, CBS has did enough to tick me off with there crummy Chiefs Coverage and non to mention Katie Horner.

Burn CBS!

htismaqe
05-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't believe they wouldn't at least give it a run in a timeslot that's not directly opposite the American Idol juggernaut.

sportsman1
05-15-2007, 06:46 PM
LOL and I can't understand why they'd rather watch American idol.

Thats this culture for you though.

Mr. Plow
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Dear God. They cancel Jericho & keep Ghost Whisperererererer?

This sucks ass. I really liked the show.

chiefsfan987
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I can't believe they wouldn't at least give it a run in a timeslot that's not directly opposite the American Idol juggernaut.

I think that was their original plan, but I think that plan changed as less and less people tuned in. From start to finish I think it lost between 3 and 4 million viewers.

I really think the reason this show is going to end up getting cancelled is because of the way they split the season with too long of a winter break and it was just too much time in between new episodes. People found something else to watch since it was no longer on during the holidays and they didn't come back once it resumed.

The show Lost also did this and several of its viewers didn't come back either. Its ratings started out much higher so it could afford to lose part of its following. Lost has learned their lesson on long winter breaks and won't be doing that again next season.

Oh well, I'm just going to hope another network picks it up if CBS has in fact cancelled it. Thats always a long shot but you never know.

Mr. Plow
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Man, Lost is another subject. Been watching since the beginning.....I'm getting pretty tired of that one.

Frazod
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
I caught a couple of episodes, and while I didn't think it was a bad show, I just couldn't get into it. I think one problem was the complete saturation of these reveal-just-enough-of-the-big-mystery-to-keep-you-watching shows. Between Lost, 24 and Battlestar Galactica, I've got enough to tune into next week. Law and Order and CSI may be getting a bit tired at this point, but at least you get plot resolution every week like clockwork. And after three years of Lost, that's refreshing.

htismaqe
05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I think that was their original plan, but I think that plan changed as less and less people tuned in. From start to finish I think it lost between 3 and 4 million viewers.

I really think the reason this show is going to end up getting cancelled is because of the way they split the season with too long of a winter break and it was just too much time in between new episodes. People found something else to watch since it was no longer on during the holidays and they didn't come back once it resumed.

The show Lost also did this and several of its viewers didn't come back either. Its ratings started out much higher so it could afford to lose part of its following. Lost has learned their lesson on long winter breaks and won't be doing that again next season.

Oh well, I'm just going to hope another network picks it up if CBS has in fact cancelled it. Thats always a long shot but you never know.

I don't think it was the layoff.

Jericho's loss of ratings correlates almost directly to the start of American Idol's season...

KcMizzou
05-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I caught a couple of episodes, and while I didn't think it was a bad show, I just couldn't get into it. I think one problem was the complete saturation of these reveal-just-enough-of-the-big-mystery-to-keep-you-watching shows. Between Lost, 24 and Battlestar Galactica, I've got enough to tune into next week. Law and Order and CSI may be getting a bit tired at this point, but at least you get plot resolution every week like clockwork. And after three years of Lost, that's refreshing.I agree. I don't really want to get into a show that I have to catch every week. If I do, I'd rather watch it on DVD.

There's something to be said for a show that has a satisfying conclusion each week. That doesn't mean there can't be on-going plot lines. "The Shield" is a good example of that. I just finished season one, and I love it.

chiefsfan987
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't think it was the layoff.

Jericho's loss of ratings correlates almost directly to the start of American Idol's season...

I've seen some people say that as well and I imagine it caused some people to chose AI over Jericho for a night or two but there were only what 2 or 3 episodes that they both ran in the same time slot?

I don't know what the programming schedule was where you are at but I was able to watch both if I wanted to because Jericho was on at 8pm and Idol wasn't on until 9pm.

htismaqe
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I've seen some people say that as well and I imagine it caused some people to chose AI over Jericho for a night or two but there were only what 2 or 3 episodes that they both ran in the same time slot?

I don't know what the programming schedule was where you are at but I was able to watch both if I wanted to because Jericho was on at 8pm and Idol wasn't on until 9pm.

Idol is live and you're on the west coast.

It was on directly opposite Jericho here for most of the season.

chiefsfan987
06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Apparentaly a massive internet campaign to bring back Jericho for a second season has worked. Although its probably too late for it to get approval for a full season it appears its going to get a mid season replacement for 8 episodes. Better than nothing!

chiefsfan987
06-05-2007, 05:13 PM
'Jericho' To Return To CBS
Network expected to announce eight-episode pickup

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: TV Guide Online
Jun-05-2007

It looks like everything at CBS has gone nuts. Literally.
TV Guide columnist and chief scooper Michael Ausiello is reporting that CBS is close to announcing that the recently-cancelled television show "Jericho" is going to get an eight-episode renewal.

"Multiple sources are telling me that CBS is this close to sealing a deal to bring 'Jericho' back for at least eight episodes, possibly at mid-season," Ausiello said. "My spies caution that this is in no way official, but it certainly sounds like it could be by day's end."

If such a thing were to happen, then it would be a tremendous victory for "Jericho" fans who organized out of nowhere to launch one of the most solid fan campaigns in recent memory with e-mail, letters and tons and tons and tons of actual nuts to CBS studios in New York and Los Angeles.

One company with owners who had never previously watched the one-season CBS series, became instant fans and public spokesmen for the campaign. Nuts Online president Jeffrey Braverman has spearheaded the delivery of more than 38,000 pounds of nuts -- nearly 20 tons -- to CBS officials on both sides of the country. Fans put their money where their mouths were to buy more than $50,000 in nuts, most of which were sold at cost, with remaining monies going to charities such as a fund to help tornado victims in Greensburg, Kansas.

Even if the show does return, Gerald McRaney -- former Mayor Green -- will not return, said E! Online.

"Gerald is moving on," the actor's personal representative told Kristin Veitch. "Although he enjoyed working with the people at 'Jericho,' the 'Deadwood' experience [with HBO] was one of the best of his entire professional career."

McRaney actually bailed from the show before a decision to cancel the show initially had been given by CBS, which is why his character died in the season finale, Veitch said.

"Jericho" fans have started a number of Web sites and are even raising money for an ad to run in trade publications to convince the network to bring back the show which was expected to return for a second season before being abruptly cancelled.

Last week, showrunner Carol Barbee told Shaun Daily's online radio show that other networks were interested in the show, and that it could come back in some form or another.

When the campaign first started, many sources hinted at a possible wrap-up telemovie, but if this eight-episode pickup is true, then it could very well signal a full return of the show by January.

Please note that CBS Corp. has not confirmed this report, and it should be treated as any rumor would.

Thanks to Vendikarr and Raissa for their tips!

chiefsfan987
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Here's another one from TV Guide

Ausiello Report
by Michael Ausiello Exclusive: Jericho on Verge of Renewal

Skeet Ulrich in Jericho by Cliff Lipson/CBSOK, this is nuts!

Multiple sources are telling me that CBS is thisclose to sealing a deal to bring Jericho back for at least eight episodes, possibly at mid-season.

My spies caution that this is in no way official, but it certainly sounds like it could be by day's end. It's now just a matter of signing the actors to new deals and, according to one insider, finding a new soundstage to house the show's sets.

To say this would be a huge victory for crazy TV fans everywhere would be the understatement of the frakkin' millennium.

Developing...

The Rick
06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/06/jericho_returning.html

chiefsfan987
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/06/jericho_returning.html

Cool. I hadn't read that one yet. Thanks!

cookster50
06-05-2007, 05:28 PM
The show Lost also did this and several of its viewers didn't come back either.

I doubt the network would even be able to quantify that "several" viewers quit watching. Unless of course, only "several" viewers were watching to begin with.

keg in kc
06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)

htismaqe
06-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Time to re-register FireCarlPeterson.com.

KcMizzou
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)Wow. That's pretty impressive.

Who knew these things worked once in a while?

Hell, I never really watched before, but I'll check it out as a show of support.

If only the same could have been done for shows like Firefly and Arrested Developement. Nice going CBS. :clap:

chiefsfan987
06-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree. I don't really want to get into a show that I have to catch every week. If I do, I'd rather watch it on DVD.

Watch it on innertube its free and all the episodes are online at the CBS website.

KcMizzou
06-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Watch it on innertube its free and all the episodes are online at the CBS website.Nice. Thanks for the tip.

chiefsfan987
06-16-2007, 11:46 PM
re-runs start July 6th on CBS for anyone who wanted to watch it but missed the show the first time around.

http://tinyurl.com/2y4mvm

HemiEd
08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
This proves it any show I start to watch gets Canned Carnival Deadwood jericho Studio 60 black donnellys.Fans of the 4400 and flight of the concords better watch out because im coming.

This weeks episode, of flight of the concords, may be the best tv show I ever watched.

Buck
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Trying not to read spoilers, but I just bought the DVD on Saturday and I have watched 15 episodes so far.

Great freaking show.

Cant wait to find out what happened.

BTW, the last episode I watched was the one where...

......Allison, Rob's daughter, killed the Rogue Chick Agent. And I think its the same episode with the fake marines.

chiefsfan987
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Hopefully we'll find out when season 2 starts soon. I'm guessing in January.

chiefsfan987
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
well I thought it would be in January, but it looks like they're holding off until February. Oh well, at least we've got an air-date now.

Below is a statement from CBS Entertainment:

Dear Rangers,

We have some exciting news and wanted you to hear it first. Later today we will announce Jericho’s return to CBS’s primetime schedule. Seven new episodes will be broadcast on Tuesdays at 10:00 PM, ET/PT beginning Feb. 12.

We hope you will rally around the new episodes of Jericho with the same passion and volume you displayed this summer to bring the show back. The writers and producers have crafted an exciting second season that picks up immediately following the battle with New Bern, as the town begins the rebuilding process, and along the way discovers why their small community is so important to the newly formed government, and what the true intentions of this new government might be.

In success, there is the potential for more Jericho, but we will need your help to recruit new viewers. For your friends or family who have never seen the show, the entire first season can be seen on CBS.com, or on the recently released Season One DVD set.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for your continued support of Jericho.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

Lzen
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Dang, February? I guess it's good that they're bringing it back. But we have to wait more than 2 months.

Mr. Plow
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
So.....what's everyone think of the new season thus far?

Personally, I think it's pretty interesting. I was surprised to see them end the struggle of no power, etc so quickly, but am enjoying the new angle of the show.

Vegas_Dave
03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
So.....what's everyone think of the new season thus far?

Personally, I think it's pretty interesting. I was surprised to see them end the struggle of no power, etc so quickly, but am enjoying the new angle of the show.

I am loving it so far. However, keep in mind that they only agreed to bring it back for 7 episodes to not leave us hanging from season 1.

They are calling these 7 episodes a whole season... so I hope they are not just wrapping it up so that they can cancel it again.

Mr. Plow
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm curious about the ratings on the show and whether it will be back. Hopefully it will be.

Rausch
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I thought last night's episode was the best of the new season. A good shocker, the plan a little more explained, and elements of patriotism and the struggle for freedom.

Vegas_Dave
03-05-2008, 09:35 AM
A few weeks ago, the producers said that we will be able to tell by the end of the 7th episode whether it will be back for a season 3 or not.

Appearantly, they shot 2 endings.

Ending 1: Everything is wrapped up nice and neat - means that the show is cancelled and done.

Ending 2: There will be more story lines opened up including a tie in with the city of New York and a new character from New York. More people will have possible threats and are still in danger.

So, we should know in 3 weeks.

Adept Havelock
03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
A few weeks ago, the producers said that we will be able to tell by the end of the 7th episode whether it will be back for a season 3 or not.

Appearantly, they shot 2 endings.

Ending 1: Everything is wrapped up nice and neat - means that the show is cancelled and done.

Ending 2: There will be more story lines opened up including a tie in with the city of New York and a new character from New York. More people will have possible threats and are still in danger.

So, we should know in 3 weeks.

As much as I'm enjoying the revival, I suspect we are going to see Ending 1. :cuss:
I thought last night's episode was the best of the new season. A good shocker, the plan a little more explained, and elements of patriotism and the struggle for freedom.

Agreed, I just hope to see the Ravenwood admin for J & R, and more importantly "Valente", get it in the neck before things wrap up.

Vegas_Dave
03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
As much as I'm enjoying the revival, I suspect we are going to see Ending 1. :cuss:

I thought this ever since they said that this season would be at 10pm...

Braincase
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Last night was a big surprise... the Ravenwood crew is going to go down big time.

Rausch
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Last night was a big surprise... the Ravenwood crew is going to go down big time.

Reminded me of the Brits before independance and what people think might happen in our future if things keep going the way they are. Nice looks at what was and what could be at the same time.

Plus I think it was the best writing and most fleshed out the characters looked all season...

meStevo
03-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Jericho is getting spanked, it's time slot is ass. I love the show, and I hope another network picks it up (CW, SCI-FI I am looking at you...).

KcMizzou
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Jericho is getting spanked, it's time slot is ass. I love the show, and I hope another network picks it up (CW, SCI-FI I am looking at you...).I still want my Firefly.

SciFi would do well to dump the God-damned wrestling (WTF?? On the Sci-Fi network??) and silly reality shows.

"The Scariest Places on Earth" might as well be called "Spooky Room Raiders" and moved to MTV. I don't want to see four 14 year old jackasses walk around in the dark for an hour.

I want to see Jericho, Firefly, Farscape, etc. Hell, I even dig the old Twilight Zone episodes.

The Sci-Fi channel is completely ****ed up, and has been for a long, long time.

Edit: Sorry... Sci-Fi's been on my nerves for a long time. They clearly don't know their audience.

Lzen
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Ok, so my dvr recorded Jericho the other night. Tried to watch it yesterday and it was screwed up for some reason. Anyone know where I could catch a rebroadcast? If that isn't possible, can you guys fill me in on what happened?

Third Eye
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok, so my dvr recorded Jericho the other night. Tried to watch it yesterday and it was screwed up for some reason. Anyone know where I could catch a rebroadcast? If that isn't possible, can you guys fill me in on what happened?
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/video.php?cid=649371290&play=true&cc=3

Lzen
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/video.php?cid=649371290&play=true&cc=3

Third Eye, you are awesome! Thanks!

Third Eye
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
No problem. How 'bout that ending?

keg in kc
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I still want my Firefly.

SciFi would do well to dump the God-damned wrestling (WTF?? On the Sci-Fi network??) and silly reality shows.

"The Scariest Places on Earth" might as well be called "Spooky Room Raiders" and moved to MTV. I don't want to see four 14 year old jackasses walk around in the dark for an hour.

I want to see Jericho, Firefly, Farscape, etc. Hell, I even dig the old Twilight Zone episodes.

The Sci-Fi channel is completely ****ed up, and has been for a long, long time.

Edit: Sorry... Sci-Fi's been on my nerves for a long time. They clearly don't know their audience.The problem with that idea is that that isn't and has never been the kind of programming SciFi produces. Sure, they have the rare shows like Farscape and BSG (both of which they ended or are ending prematurely...) but the lion's share of their broadcast day is filled with repeats from other networks (or decades). Most of their original broadcasting consists of horrible sub-B movies and hit-or-miss miniseries "events".

Although somebody must watch them. Since they keep airing them. But I have no idea who that is.

Lzen
03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
No problem. How 'bout that ending?

Great ending. Didn't expect that. Well, actually that's not entirely true. I knew once she started fighting back that would happen. I wonder if she got that leader asshole. What's his name? Valente?

Adept Havelock
03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Great ending. Didn't expect that. Well, actually that's not entirely true. I knew once she started fighting back that would happen. I wonder if she got that leader asshole. What's his name? Valente?

Valente is the former head of DHS, with strong ties to the Cheyenne Govt. Looks like he was the head organizer of the conspiracy.

The Ravenwood ijit is named Goetz, IIRC.

Lzen
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Valente is the former head of DHS, with strong ties to the Cheyenne Govt. Looks like he was the head organizer of the conspiracy.

The Ravenwood ijit is named Goetz, IIRC.

Oh yes, that's correct. Story has definitely taken a very intriguing turn.

Adept Havelock
03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh yes, that's correct. Story has definitely taken a very intriguing turn.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I expect the series to get canned. I suspect some folks may not be entirely comfortable or happy with the scenario they've presented of rogue elements within the Government playing a large part in the attacks. It's just not "PC".

Damn shame, it's a fantastic drama-thriller. Oh well, even if it's only 3 more, at least we got that out of CBS.

Mr. Plow
03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
When they ended the "struggle back to normal", I wasn't quite sure which way they were going to take the show. But, seeing them take it in the ending the conspiracy theme is very interesting to me.

I really like this show, not sure why more people are not watching it.

Adept Havelock
03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
When they ended the "struggle back to normal", I wasn't quite sure which way they were going to take the show. But, seeing them take it in the ending the conspiracy theme is very interesting to me.

I really like this show, not sure why more people are not watching it.

This season? The timeslot O' death and poor advertising support, IMO.

If CBS really wanted a long term revival, they would have re-aired the whole previous season during the writers strike to build interest.

Frankly, I would like to have seen them draw out the "struggle back to normal" over a couple of seasons or so, and make it a little more realistic and dark. What happened to all the diabetics in Jericho and New Bern when they lost refrigeration, for instance? Give the show more of an "Alas, Babylon meets Lucifers Hammer" feel to it.

It's probably too dark, and one reason I would never be allowed to do a show on TV.

Mr. Plow
03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
This season? The timeslot O' death and poor advertising support, IMO.

If CBS really wanted a long term revival, they would have re-aired the whole previous season during the writers strike to build interest.

Frankly, I would like to have seen them draw out the "struggle back to normal" over a couple of seasons or so, and make it a little more realistic and dark. What happened to all the diabetics in Jericho and New Bern when they lost refrigeration, for instance? Give the show more of an "Alas, Babylon meets Lucifers Hammer" feel to it.

It's probably too dark, and one reason I would never be allowed to do a show on TV.

I understand the timeslot. Personally, I rarely watch a show live. Typically I DVR it and watch it at a point where I don't have 4 kids bouncing off me like a trampoline. I won't even go into the Lost thread yet - I still have to watch last nights episode.

I like the idea of a couple seasons of them getting life back to normal - but, with them trying to draw a crowd, this turn makes the show a bit more exciting.

I'm curious as to what freakin' reality show they'll replace it with.....maybe they'll add CSI: Toledo to the mix.

Lzen
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I expect the series to get canned. I suspect some folks may not be entirely comfortable or happy with the scenario they've presented of rogue elements within the Government playing a large part in the attacks. It's just not "PC".

Damn shame, it's a fantastic drama-thriller. Oh well, even if it's only 3 more, at least we got that out of CBS.

The shows I like always seem to get canned. :cuss:

oaklandhater
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM

There Goes 4400 and Journeyman fans of Terminaitor better Watch Out im comeing.

Mr. Plow
03-07-2008, 04:42 PM

Stop watching shows I like.

Adept Havelock
03-08-2008, 07:20 PM

Aha! When the show gets cancelled, we should send thousands of pounds of peanuts to Lzen!

It's clearly his fault. :p

Lzen
03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Aha! When the show gets cancelled, we should send thousands of pounds of peanuts to Lzen!

It's clearly his fault. :p

Nooooooo!!!! I don't even like peanuts. How about cashews instead? :)

Third Eye
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Man, this show just continues to get better. I really wish the ratings would reflect that. However, I did notice that during their preview of next week they said 2 part SEASON finale. I know it was said that they filmed two endings, and they would show either a season or series finale based on ratings. Does their advertising of "season" possibly mean it is coming back?

Mr. Plow
03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Hopefully. But I kind of get the feeling they are wrapping things up for good. Ravenwood is essentially dead. Town is on it's way back.

Hopefully it is just the season finale. Guess we'll find out in two weeks.

Chiefmanwillcatch
03-12-2008, 01:41 AM
no

Braincase
03-12-2008, 06:36 AM
I knew Stanley was going to be pissed.

Old Dog
03-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I think they're wrapping it up awfully neatly, but I hope they put out a third season.

Lzen
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
It was nice to see Geotz get his due punishment. Still, I think I would rather have seen them torture him a little for all the pain and death he caused. The thing I'm not sure about is what happens next. From the previews, it appears as though they are now gonna make Beck the villain. He seemed to be a good guy up until now. In any case, this show is really good right now.

AndChiefs
03-13-2008, 12:55 AM
And yet it's going to be cancelled. :(

Braincase
03-13-2008, 09:04 AM
They're advertising for replays of the series on SciFi.... maybe there is a scenario. They made money on Stargate for years, still do. Maybe this is just the kind of opportunity they need to get rid of the damned wrestling.

Lzen
03-13-2008, 10:19 AM

Link?

Lzen
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
They're advertising for replays of the series on SciFi.... maybe there is a scenario. They made money on Stargate for years, still do. Maybe this is just the kind of opportunity they need to get rid of the damned wrestling.

Perhaps. But I don't see this show as science fiction.

Braincase
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Perhaps. But I don't see this show as science fiction.

My perspective is that it is a post-apocalyptic scenario. I keep waiting for Jake to put on a baseball cap, grab a talking dog and go to Topeka to embrace machine-induced fertlization.

Adept Havelock
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
My perspective is that it is a post-apocalyptic scenario. I keep waiting for Jake to put on a baseball cap, grab a talking dog and go to Topeka to embrace machine-induced fertlization.

Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste.

Damn, I love that movie. Haven't seen it in years. Nice reference.

I'm pretty sure this is it for Jericho. This episode was advertised by CBS as the first of the "Last Three" episodes. :(

At least Stanley got revenge on Goetz. I think Beck is going to come around at the last minute and serve as a rallying figure for the "revolution" against Cheyenne.

I'd like for Sci-Fi to pick it up, but I think there's a better post-apoc scenario for them to build a series out of in Stirling's "Dies the Fire" books. (All high energy density tech stops working one evening in 1998...several billion deaths follow in the months to come..and new societies emerge from the ashes of the old).

oaklandhater
03-13-2008, 03:57 PM

at least the producer said if jericho gets canned she wont stop shoping th show untill every network tells her no.

keg in kc
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
They're advertising for replays of the series on SciFi.... maybe there is a scenario. They made money on Stargate for years, still do. Maybe this is just the kind of opportunity they need to get rid of the damned wrestling.IIRC, the wrestling isn't going anywhere, they're under a new contract into 2009.

keg in kc
03-13-2008, 04:11 PM
I think Beck is going to come around at the last minute and serve as a rallying figure for the "revolution" against Cheyenne.I think Beck's going to be siding with them from pretty early on. They've been setting that up the whole season. I'm assuming they just set up the preview so it would look like he's against them, so they can "swerve" us all.

AndChiefs
03-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Link?

No link, but if you look at their ratings they're low enough that it won't be brought back.

Lzen
03-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Just watched it. Pretty messed up and very depressing flick. I think if there ever were a nuclear holocaust, I would much rather die in the blast than to suffer a slow and agonizing death from radiation poisoning while also watching loved ones around me die of the same.

Third Eye
03-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Well, it's official:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Jericho/800036005

Adept Havelock
03-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Just watched it. Pretty messed up and very depressing flick. I think if there ever were a nuclear holocaust, I would much rather die in the blast than to suffer a slow and agonizing death from radiation poisoning while also watching loved ones around me die of the same.

You think that's depressing, watch "Threads".

Lzen
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
You think that's depressing, watch "Threads".

I think I looked for that on Netflix. Can't remember if I put it in my queue or if that was one that I couldn't find.

Lzen
03-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, it's official:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Jericho/800036005

Well that sucks. I guess they figure we need another stupid reality show or a twelfth CSI series. :shake::rolleyes:

keg in kc
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Takes an audience to keep a show on the air (and sometimes even that isn't enough). Sad but true.

Maybe someday there will be an actual science fiction channel with more than one good show every few years, but until then we're stuck with whatever scant goodies we get between the onslaught of shows that cater to "women, 25 to 54".

BIG K
03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Well that sucks. I guess they figure we need another stupid reality show or a twelfth CSI series. :shake::rolleyes:

I cannot stand reality shows. Why the **** would I want to turn on the tv to see reality? If I want reality, I will look in the mirror.

milkman
03-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I cannot stand reality shows. Why the **** would I want to turn on the tv to see reality? If I want reality, I will look in the mirror.

No wonder you don't like reality.

milkman
03-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Reality is a misnomer for those shows.

There's nothing real about them.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Reality is a misnomer for those shows.

There's nothing real about them.

True,

Alot of so called reality TV is scripted or the contestants are coached by the producers.

milkman
03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
True,

Alot of so called reality TV is scripted or the contestants are coached by the producers.

Even without scripts, these reality shows aren't real.

They are created scenarios.

Essentially they are game shows.

Lzen
03-22-2008, 08:39 PM
I think I looked for that on Netflix. Can't remember if I put it in my queue or if that was one that I couldn't find.

Just checked. They don't have it on Netflix.

KCChiefsMan
10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
well I just finished watching the first 2 seasons of Jericho and absoluately loved it. Too bad it's cancelled

Buck
10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
well I just finished watching the first 2 seasons of Jericho and absoluately loved it. Too bad it's cancelled

Yeah, I was bummin on that tonight....Great show.

unlurking
10-11-2008, 06:41 AM
heh, saw the bumped thread and eagerly clicked through looking for news that someone had picked it up. Oh well.

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 07:01 AM
How dare you bring this show back up my heart has yet to heal from its cancellation.

Baby Lee
10-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Something about that lead in 'Eleventh Hour' reminds me of Asif Mandvi. I think it's how his attempts to mask his accent ends up giving his voice a similar pitch and timbre.

Buck
01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
NUTS

http://www.tv.com/story/12123.html?tag=show;latest_news;title;1

Report: Jericho movie in development

* By Tim Surette
* 01/15/09 11:56 AM
* 5 comments \ add yours

The show that won't die won't; executive producer Jon Turtletaub says standalone Jericho feature film in works.

Set your phasers to "head-exploding." Jericho's rabid fan base may have scored themselves another victory. According to a report from IF Magazine, executive producer Jon Turtletaub has confirmed that he is developing a Jericho movie.

"We're developing a feature for Jericho," Turteltaub told IF. "It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it get into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full on American version of what’s going on beyond the town in Jericho."

Jericho was one of the great television stories of 2007, becoming un-canceled after irate fans planned a clever protest--something that doesn't happen often in this day and age. Unfortunately, the victory was short-lived and the show was canceled after a short second season.

Today's news couldn't come sooner for Jericho fans, who have been eagerly awaiting further word of the future of the drama. But before any of you start camping out at the local movie theater, know this: the key word is "developing."

Turtletaub's comments could simply mean he's pondering the idea and thinking of scenarios for the movie. At best, he's in discussions with other Jericho producers and talking to potential studios. Either way, it's too early to start accepting a Jericho movie as reality.

Jericho (the television series) followed the survivors of a nuclear attack on the U.S. The show starred Skeet Ulrich, Lennie James, and Pamela Reed.

Exciting news for Jericho fans, but do you think this is a good idea?

Mr. Plow
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Cool.

Adept Havelock
01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Sounds good to me. :clap:

kepp
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd watch it.

KCChiefsMan
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
hell ya