PDA

View Full Version : To Packfan, an apology.

PostalChief
12-30-2000, 10:41 PM
Ken,
I want to apologize for the lack of character I've shown towards you the last few weeks. Believe it or not, I'm not normally like that. You have every right to voice your opinions on this BB as I have the right to ignore what I don't agree with. I'll be the first to admit that my mediocre, at best, football knowledge needs to improve. While I don't have the extra time to spend on this BB(I work nights and am married w/kids)the time I do have is mainly reading posts and keeping up with news.
Again, I regret the harsh treatment and hope that you are as gracious to forgive as I am to apologize. Thanks.

Al

TEX
12-30-2000, 11:44 PM
Class act!
Ken can be a "Packer A$$" sometimes, but he is also a class act when treated as such.

PostalChief
12-31-2000, 12:22 AM
I'll elaborate further by saying that I can sympathize with his plight. As a Packer fan living in a different city, I'm sure he gets his ration of crap from the home-town Chief fans. This I know from being a Chiefs fan and living in central Texas for three years. (91'-94') God help me, in Waco to boot. Ken, the last couple of nights, while working, this all came to me. And while it wasn't exactly an epiphany, it just made me realize that I was wrong. Hope you can understand.

And, NO, I'm not a Branch Davidian!

[This message has been edited by PostalChief (edited 12-31-2000).]

Joe Seahawk
12-31-2000, 01:52 AM
Al, you are a class act.

Packfan is IMO a good fan with a healthy knowledge for the game. His opinions are heartily challenged by all who disagree, but I respect him for defending himself even when heavily outnumbered.

I still want Ahman Green back though..

For that matter Lamar Smith can come back too.(how did we let him go!)

PostalChief
12-31-2000, 02:15 AM
Joe,
It does suck having ex-players from your team leaving and having more success with other teams. Is it just because the other team has the scheme that the player is more familiar with? Who knows?

Mi_chief_fan
12-31-2000, 06:16 AM
Joe Seahawk,
A healthy knowledge of the game? Is there more than 1 Packfan on this board? Because the one i've seen is a total moron.

You know, the guy who says the QB is ultimately responsible for a teams win/loss, then contradicts that by saying it's a 'team' effort.

The one who thinks Carl Peterson should be replaced by......hehehehe....Daniel Snyder?

The one who hails Gannon as a great QB and chastises Elvis for never having won a playoff game?(Neither has Gannon.)

Or are you referring to someone else?

Packfan
12-31-2000, 08:54 AM
Postal,

No problem, I dont take anything personal. Its all in fun, at least thats the way I look at it.

Seahawk,

The media called Ahman Green a "coach killer" at first because of his reputation as a fumbler. As the season wore on, he became more reliable, a better blocker and a hard runner. I dont know where the Packers would have been without him. I try telling Chief fans that you dont have to draft in the first ten to get a very good running back. You can trade for one (Green, Marshall Faulk) or do some savvy scouting and get a good one after the first round. Chief fans tend to forgive Carl Peterson for not getting a running back because the free agents cost to much or the Chiefs havent drafted very high. Hogwash. Peterson has had 12 years going on 17 and hasnt done squat at that position, hence, no playoff wins in almost a decade. You just cant get a great runningback for free. You have to earn one via a trade or savvy drafting. I cant believe that Peterson hasnt figured this out yet.

<BR>

Mi_chief_fan
12-31-2000, 09:19 AM
Your wasting your time, Al. He'll be putting words in your mouth & conttradicting himself again(Just look on the Peyton Manning post).

Morons will always be morons.

Packfan
12-31-2000, 09:22 AM
MI Chief,

Is anybody talking to you? This is a football board, in case you havent noticed.

Boy, you are starved for attention!

Mi_chief_fan
12-31-2000, 09:31 AM
I wasn't speaking to you moron. Yeah, it's a football board. For people who know football.

Why are you here?

Packfan
12-31-2000, 09:40 AM
Mi,

Well, it would be refreshing to see some new material out of you rather than paraphrasing what was said a week ago, or correcting grammar, or just ripping on somebody for their opinion. Just a thought.

Otherwise, it just makes you look like you are hurting for attention.

PostalChief
12-31-2000, 10:06 AM
Ken,
I've watched Ahman Green play since his high school days and his solid career at NU. I was disappointed when Seattle got him and the Chiefs didn't. The Packers are fortunate that he's stepped up and played to his potential.