PDA

View Full Version : College Football - 2 quick topics

chagrin
09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't know if anyone cares, it certainly doesn't mean much to me, except for the fact that it's funny - Spartans are rolling Notre Dame AGAIN, where's Chop? He's a Sparty!
Seriously folks, that fat **** Charlie Weiss got more run than the usual Notre Dame caoches and he's getting his ass kicked. I don't know about the stats on these past two games and his stats other than won/loss from last year, but it looks like his team got way too comfortable with their own hype. I have to think that up in Washington, CoachTy W. is laughing his ass off; he's a class act though, so maybe not.

My second thought is that I can't believe nobody is talking about Mario Manningham from Michigan (Go Blue!) he's a stud WR that would be a good addition to this team of ours.

Anyway, that's all.

Spott
09-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Screw ND.

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
I think it's more they don't have the talent to compete. Weiss is a good coach and his recruits haven't really gotten in there yet. ND has strict standards and they don't relax them like many other D1 programs

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
As to WR....I think Calvin Johnson is the guy.

chagrin
09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Calvin Johnson is the guy, you are correct sir, but as for the Chiefs, do you think he'd be available to us? I guess i just don't think he'd be there, or Carl would do what it took to get him.

Hootie
09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
The difference between Weiss and Willingham is simple...Weis has the best recruiting friggin' recruiting classes lined up for the rest of his tenure at Notre Dame, no matter what, because of that friggin' offense. He turned a no name QB (Brady Quinn) into a Heisman Candidate/likely #1 pick in the NFL draft. Every hyped high school offensive player is going to want to play for Weiss at Notre Dame.

I'm not a Notre Dame fan, but if you think they won't win a National Championship within the next three years, you're crazy. They are going to be unstoppable pretty soon.

Hootie
09-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Screw drafting first round WR's...

Sylvester Morris got us a long way. Let's just make like the rest of the NFL and sign former first round WR's that become free agents (Kennison, Stallworth, Branch, etc...)

I'd rather sign someone than draft someone, in all honesty. For every Randy Moss there are fifty David Terrell's.

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Calvin Johnson is the guy, you are correct sir, but as for the Chiefs, do you think he'd be available to us? I guess i just don't think he'd be there, or Carl would do what it took to get him.

Who knows...you guys might need a WR and Carl would draft a corner

chagrin
09-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I hear ya Hootie, David Terrell, Tai Streets and Marquis Walker - all suck in the NFL. As a Michigan fan, it pains me to see these guys stink in the big time, but I'm tellin ya, Mario is a big kid who goes after the football and he has good speed and would be good addition. I don't recall Sylvester getting much notice when he played College ball, but then again, my selective memory isn't that great, heh.

What would you like to see next season, a run stuffer, or an O-Lineman?

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2006, 08:52 PM
The difference between Weiss and Willingham is simple...Weis has the best recruiting friggin' recruiting classes lined up for the rest of his tenure at Notre Dame, no matter what, because of that friggin' offense. He turned a no name QB (Brady Quinn) into a Heisman Candidate/likely #1 pick in the NFL draft. Every hyped high school offensive player is going to want to play for Weiss at Notre Dame.

I'm not a Notre Dame fan, but if you think they won't win a National Championship within the next three years, you're crazy. They are going to be unstoppable pretty soon.I bet they don't win a National Title within the next three years.

chubychecker
09-23-2006, 09:14 PM

I hope you are right, because that would mean we get a worse draft pick then I see us getting. Hell we are 0-2 right now, with the way this season looks, we may get a chance to have the pick of whomever we want.

Sully
09-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Irish just took the lead.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Classic game, even if you aren't a fan of ND.

DomerNKC
09-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't know if anyone cares, it certainly doesn't mean much to me, except for the fact that it's funny - Spartans are rolling Notre Dame AGAIN, where's Chop? He's a Sparty!
Seriously folks, that fat **** Charlie Weiss got more run than the usual Notre Dame caoches and he's getting his ass kicked. I don't know about the stats on these past two games and his stats other than won/loss from last year, but it looks like his team got way too comfortable with their own hype. I have to think that up in Washington, CoachTy W. is laughing his ass off; he's a class act though, so maybe not.

My second thought is that I can't believe nobody is talking about Mario Manningham from Michigan (Go Blue!) he's a stud WR that would be a good addition to this team of ours.

Anyway, that's all.AHEM....SCOREBOARD LOSER.

HolmeZz
09-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Willingham isn't half the coach or football mind that Weis is.

And Charlie's doing this with Ty's players. Once Weis can get a recruiting class all the way through, we'll know how good Notre Dame can be. Until then, the defense is going to continue to suck. They just don't have the athletes right now.

But God, do I hate Michigan State. Moreso than probably any other school in the country.

09-23-2006, 09:55 PM
holy shit..what a game that was..and that int to seal it

DomerNKC
09-23-2006, 09:55 PM
GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY, OOPS! You can remove your foot from your mouth now. Giggity.

Basileus777
09-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Michigan State managed to choke it away, but its still clear that Notre Dame isn't that good of a team. Brady's stats look good, but if you watched the game he didn't play all that well.

HolmeZz
09-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Brady played well in the 2nd half.

HolmeZz
09-23-2006, 10:01 PM
GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY, OOPS! You can remove your foot from your mouth now. Giggity.

Simmer down there, fellow Domer.

DomerNKC
09-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Simmer down there, fellow Domer.why did they not plant the flag???

Skip Towne
09-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Nobody pays any attention to you. You run with scissors.

DomerNKC
09-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Nobody pays any attention to you. You run with scissors.and your wife.ROFL

Demonpenz
09-24-2006, 10:26 AM
luck of the irish

CupidStunt
09-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Not only does DopeyNKC wait until AFTER the Irish were getting spanked to show up, but he pulls out the "and your wife" line - almost as bad, in some circles, as the "your mom" line.

What's next?

Demonpenz
09-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Notre dame is college football. Glad to see their back on top it's good for football.

JBucc
09-24-2006, 10:42 AM
The Irish have a bunch of easy games until they get to USC. That'll probably be another top ten superhypedup matchup. What was the final score of the USC Arizona game?

Demonpenz
09-24-2006, 10:44 AM
brady quinn may have stamped his name on the hiesman after that game yesterday

HolmeZz
09-24-2006, 10:50 AM
CUT THE SARCASM, 'PENZ.

Hootie
09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
I hear ya Hootie, David Terrell, Tai Streets and Marquis Walker - all suck in the NFL. As a Michigan fan, it pains me to see these guys stink in the big time, but I'm tellin ya, Mario is a big kid who goes after the football and he has good speed and would be good addition. I don't recall Sylvester getting much notice when he played College ball, but then again, my selective memory isn't that great, heh.

What would you like to see next season, a run stuffer, or an O-Lineman?

Either or...

I'd be content with our first two rounds being offensive lineman. That's what we did in the 90's...and I miss the 90's, playoff choke or no playoff choke.

chief52
09-24-2006, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=chagrin]I don't know if anyone cares, it certainly doesn't mean much to me, except for the fact that it's funny - Spartans are rolling Notre Dame AGAIN, where's Chop? He's a Sparty!

QUOTE]

Talk about a premature ejaculation...

DomerNKC
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Not only does DopeyNKC wait until AFTER the Irish were getting spanked to show up, but he pulls out the "and your wife" line - almost as bad, in some circles, as the "your mom" line.

What's next?first of all dumba$$, the "Your wife" was a tongue in cheek jab meant to be funny not insulting. second of all, i didn't read his premature slam until after the game because i was watching the game. i wouldn't say anything about your wife because you're my biyatch, sweetheart.