PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row or The Godfather? (360)

OnTheWarpath58
09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Anyone played these on the 360?

Which do you prefer, and why?

I've played the demo version of SR and thought it was just a blatant rip-off of the GTA series. What am I missing from the full version?

Haven't found a demo for The Godfather, and haven't made the trip to BB to rent it yet....

IYO, which is the better game.....

JBucc
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I haven't played Saint's Row, but The Godfather was pretty good. It pretty much rips off GTA too but since the setting is in ancient NY it's cool. IMO it's more about doing the missions and the story than GTA, where usually I just ran around causing mayhem and mass destruction. If you like the movies you'll like the game. I didn't finish it though.

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 03:19 PM
The people I know who have Saint's Row love it. Basically if you like GTA this is a great copy of it.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
I will say however, that Saints Row looks much more like a 360 game, and The Godfather looks rather "porty."

HC_Chief
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Neither... pick up a copy of Hitman: Blood Money! :thumb:

OnTheWarpath58
09-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Neither... pick up a copy of Hitman: Blood Money! :thumb:

Tell me more......Is it more story based or free to roam around and cause trouble? (GTA)

HC_Chief
09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Tell me more......Is it more story based or free to roam around and cause trouble? (GTA)

Both.

It is mission-based, but you can roam. You are limited to maps however, so it is not as wide-open as GTA, in other words the maps are big, but not HUGE like they are in GTA.

The graphics are exceptional. The gameplay is exceptional. I am a huge fan of the game. It's worth renting; it's a good 30-40 hours worth of gameplay.

OnTheWarpath58
09-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Both.

It is mission-based, but you can roam. You are limited to maps however, so it is not as wide-open as GTA, in other words the maps are big, but not HUGE like they are in GTA.

The graphics are exceptional. The gameplay is exceptional. I am a huge fan of the game. It's worth renting; it's a good 30-40 hours worth of gameplay.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I'll DL the demo, go from there.......