PDA

View Full Version : Saxon

Dark Horse
09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Anyone know what Saxon has been up to lately, are they still together? I lost track of them after their Crusader album

Reaper16
09-29-2006, 10:22 PM
They're still recording, and put out an album liek two years ago. "Lionheart" was its name, I think.

Dark Horse
09-29-2006, 10:33 PM
So was it any good?

Reaper16
09-29-2006, 10:38 PM
So was it any good?
no clue....

Dark Horse
09-29-2006, 10:48 PM
no clue....

Now you've blown my whole impression of you, I thought you were some kind of Heavy Metal oracle. Anyway thanks for the little bit of info.

Reaper16
09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey, I know a whole lot. But I wasnt about to buy a Saxon album in this decade. Gut instinct.

Dark Horse
09-29-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm sure that instinct serves you well, there are very few bands that I will just go buy their new albums with out first finding out what I can about them, I found a couple of old Saxon cassetes the other day while doin some garage re-arranging and got to wondering what ever happened to them, I probably won't buy their new one unless I can listen to a couple of songs on the internet first.

Nightwish
09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
That's why I like Rhapsody so much (the program, not the Italian band, though they're good, too). $9.95 per month, unlimited free downloads, you don't have to pay for them unless you burn them onto disc, but you can listen to it on your computer for free. Since I quit doing p2p filesharing, Rhapsody has let me preview tons of albums before wasting my money on them. That's why I knew Dio's "Killing the Dragon" would be a good purchase, but his "Master of the Moon" would not (it basically sucks). It beats the hell out of iTunes, in my opinion (except iTunes has a bit broader selection). Unfortunately, they don't have the new Saxon album (the latest one they have is from 1998). I'm about as skeptical of Saxon's new material as I would be of new material from Manowar. There aren't many bands of old men who can still command the energy and spirit that they once did.

Dark Horse
09-30-2006, 07:47 AM
I'll have to try rhapsody thanks for the tip.

ZepSinger
09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
I'll have to try rhapsody thanks for the tip.

I've got the subscription version of Rhapsody as well. It is KILLER. Pretty much any album you can think of (with a few exceptions- a VERY small handful of artists are still fighting the whole 'pay for download' thing) is there, in CD quality, commercial-free, and you can hear as often as you like. You can create playlists, and even download other users' playlists. Plus- you have 128 commercial-free stations, and you can even create your own stations based on artists you designate. I run it thru my home stereo- you can't tell it from CDs.

We went on vacation last week, and I took the laptop and boombox and made sure our motel had free wifi- voila! Rhapsody in our room. It is awesome. Seriously, I'll never go without it again.

Z

htismaqe
10-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Hey, I know a whole lot. But I wasnt about to buy a Saxon album in this decade. Gut instinct.

ROFL