PDA

View Full Version : Well, the excuses for next season are here already!!

Clint in Wichita
01-03-2001, 11:48 AM
Carl is such a putz...I can't believe he's not rethinking the way he does things AT ALL.
Kudos to Cannibal for adding a Hitler mustache and swastika to his picture, then making it his signature. He should've added baggy eyes, a small, round head, and drool on the side of his face because he is a MONGOLOID, IMO!!!
http://WWW.KCCHIEFS.COM/latest/mainnews.asp?storyID=2028&cat=1&showLatest=yes

Baby Lee
01-03-2001, 11:52 AM
there is a difference between an excuse and a statement of philosophy. You can disagree with the philosophy, but I don't see it as Carl setting up an excuse for failure.

58Forever
01-03-2001, 11:53 AM
I don't think it's an excuse for a bad year next year...FA is overrated anyway...no one player is going to make that much of a difference to our team except a very high priced RB and even then there are no quarantees...Carl is being realistic...he won't have the $$$ to sign high priced guys...and to me, his main concern should be keeping the players on this team that we have to keep...get them under contract then go after the FAs...

Look at the Redskins...alot of good FA did them...our best bet would be to sign two, three or four average FAs and hope they can make meaningful contributions...

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 01-03-2001).]

NaptownChief
01-03-2001, 11:54 AM
Hey Carl,

You forgot about Rich Gannon...He worked out pretty well in Oakland just in case you forgot.

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

MrBlond
01-03-2001, 11:56 AM
Look what he is writing under his pen name.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?cat=10

58Forever
01-03-2001, 11:58 AM
JL, but even Gannon didn't make an immediate impact...remember the Raiders didn't do much of anything last year, except beat us...ouch..but otherwise, Gannon didn't make a bit of difference to them...this year, different story but it also has to do with the players around him...put Gannon with the Bungles or the Browns and let's see how far he'd get...

Clint in Wichita
01-03-2001, 11:58 AM
In other words, you'd rather pass on guys like Charlie Garner and Mo Lewis in hopes of landing the next Carlton Gray or Lew Bush?!

BTW, those 2 losers combined make about what Garner will demand in free agency. Either sign proven guys or don't sign anyone!

NaptownChief
01-03-2001, 12:03 PM

Nobody signs a FA to a one year contract with expectations that it is a one year proposition...Even with FA's you still have to expect to develop that player in your system...The success or failure of a FA is never determined based on the 1st year.

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

ct
01-03-2001, 12:15 PM
jl80,

Be that as it may, but the fact remains, Rich Gannon has never won a playoff game.

ct
just thought i'd remind you

Joe Seahawk
01-03-2001, 12:19 PM
Was Carl suggesting that the acquisition of Ricky Watters is why we were 6-10 this past year?

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!

morphius
01-03-2001, 12:24 PM
Clint - Are you saying that you are upset that the Chiefs are not planning on signing a lot of free agents? Is that what you really wanted him to do? I did not see where he said that he would not sign a high priced free agent, just that they are not going to build the team through free agency.

Morphius
Thinks some people overreact and read things that are not there.

donkhater
01-03-2001, 12:27 PM
Correction coryt..

Rich Gannon, at age thirty-five has never STARTED a playoff game, let alone won one. But he didn't take that long to develop. NOT!

MrBlond
01-03-2001, 12:31 PM
I think the overall theme was "We are going to do things as we always have." I don't care where or when we start making changes but who in their right mind thinks that KC should keep doing things the way they always have? This is not a "If it aint broke, don't fix it" situation. Its broke. Fix it.

Clint in Wichita
01-03-2001, 12:59 PM
Morphius,

Of course Carl won't rebuild through free agency. I wouldn't want him to, and with KC's cap situation they couldn't if they wanted to. They'll be lucky if they can sign one premier FA, a couple of "hole-fillers", and still sign their draft picks.

However, the premier FAs are usually the first to be snapped up. Since this team has become an annual also-ran, I don't see how Carl can afford NOT to grab the first big-time FA that can help this team ASAP.

gh4chiefs
01-03-2001, 01:05 PM
The bottom line guys is, Carl is not going to **** until the seats are empty in Arrowhead.

Period, end of story.

------------------
Gary

Chiefnj
01-03-2001, 02:20 PM
"What we're finding out in the National Football League is it's better to try to sign and retain your own because you've developed them and you know about them." Carl Peterson.

Develop your own like Williams, Hill, Parker, Horn, Davis, soon to be Lockett and Shields.

Yosef_Malkovitch
01-03-2001, 02:57 PM
Reg. #14... if that is indeed the case, we won't have much longer to wait. If Gun stays (and godhelpme it's starting to look that way) look for another 8-8 season (or one game in either direction). The fans are losing patience with everyone from CP on down, and I'd say that by the middle of the season Arrowhead will look like it did for the last few games this year.

Everyone will be there for the first game 'cause we're all gonna be starved for football, but after the Chiefs start their annual plunge people are gonna lose their patience a lot faster.