PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad the Chiefs are battle tested!

PunkinDrublic
10-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I think it was a blessing in disguise having two really tough teams through the first 2 weeks of the season. The mark of a great team is the ability to overcome setbacks. Maybe not everyone buys it, but I think a tougher team was forged in those first two losses. Look at the Chargers, they've played a cupcake schedule and roll into Baltimore and fall apart in the last couple of minutes of the game. I think we may pull out a few suprise wins against teams we're supposed to lose to.

Guru
10-01-2006, 03:49 PM
here's hoping bud.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I was very inpressed at how the Chiefs held it together the last 2 minutes of the game. Croyle looked like an old vet taking a knee!

:p

MichaelH
10-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes and the old ugly head could reappear. I'm not downplaying the importance of how well the Chiefs played today. All I'm saying is let's take one team at a time. I'm hoping for dominance again next week at Arizona. Then it's at Pitt. I have a coworker that's a Pitt fan and there's nothing I want more than to see them shutdown the Squeelers.

Gravedigger
10-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not meaning to be the bearer of bad news but your looking at the niners who have allowed now over 100 points total in all their games. We aren't the first team to smoke this team. I"m more concerned about if we play this way against Pittsburgh. Arizona we will win but until that Pittsburgh game we won't know anything really. Just sit back this next week and relax and let's get ready for real competition when we have the three games of Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Seattle. If we can come out of that triad with a 2-1 record or better I will gladly agree that we are battle tested but when you beat a poor team at home after a bye week I don't think we should celebrate just yet. This game just pads our stats to cover for our first two games as will next week against the Cards.