PDA

View Full Version : With the Chiefs plethora of draft choices, do they go with...

Cannibal
01-03-2001, 05:45 PM
a signal caller in the first three rounds?

The Chiefs backup QB situation is shakey at best. With the additional 3rd rounder I wouldn't be surprised if they take one on the first day of the draft.

I'm hoping they break the mold and go with a QB/athlete. Hopefully Tuiasosopo in the 3rd or 4th round.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/Peterson2.jpg I've always said this and I still believe it... Kansas City has the best fans in the NFL.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2001, 06:02 PM
1) Lamont Jordan or Morgan (if available)

2) Torrence Marshall

3) Marques Tuiasosopo

3) Mario Fatafehi

4)David Allen

4) Moran Norris

5) BAA

6) BAA

7) BAA

This is my mock with the current information that we have, what the Chiefs need and want.

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 01-03-2001).]

Frazod
01-03-2001, 06:28 PM
I'm wondering if we couldn't dump some of these picks to trade up in some way. Any thoughts on this?

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/devil.gif

Mi_chief_fan
01-03-2001, 06:52 PM
Trade up for what? Until Michael Vick commits, there's nothing to trade up for, IMO.

Logical
01-03-2001, 07:04 PM
Cannibal,

Stop you are scaring me, this is like the fourth different day when I agree with almost everything you suggest for the Chiefs. It is really scaring me.

By the way, I agree that Carl leaving would have been great but the Nazi symbol on his forehead is overblown and somewhat over the top. Why not his picture with "Dictator in Chief" as its banner. Same point not as disrespectful of the Holocaust tragedy. Just My Opinion.

Mi_chief_fan
01-03-2001, 07:07 PM
Jim,
We've dedicated an entire thread to that topic. This ones about football.

Logical
01-03-2001, 07:11 PM
Mi,

I see that other forum now. But my real point was that Cannibal and I have been agreeing way more than normal about the direction the Chiefs should take.

Just thought my wording:

Dictator in Chief

with its double meaning would get the same point across with a little more humor. I am not that upset with the signature, its Cannibal after all. He has always been a little over the top and I do not generally take it seriously.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2001, 07:15 PM
You know, Carl Peterson is Satan.

Otter
01-03-2001, 07:16 PM
I'm showing my ignorance here but who is Torrence Marshall?

kcchiefszoo
01-03-2001, 08:03 PM
Im thinking a hot db or a KR/PR. We need a spark on spc teams.

Cannibal
01-03-2001, 08:49 PM
Chief Priority,

I like those draft choices a lot, except for Lamont Jordon and if we get Torrance Marshall in the 2nd, I would want to draft Jamar Fletcher in the 1st. If the rest of the draft fell the way you describe it, I'll be ecstatic.

Jim,

That is a scary thought. Although, it does seem that we agree on football topics a lot more than political topics.

If everyone is truly offended by my signature, I can change it. But I think most people know that I am not trying belittle holocaust victims. If I do change it, I feel like I am being censored, if I don't change it, I am an a-hole. I'm damned if do, damned if I don't.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/Peterson2.jpg I've always said this and I still believe it... Kansas City has the best fans in the NFL.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 01-03-2001).]

Frazod
01-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Cannibal, I had a feeling you'd ruffle some feathers with the nazi thing. However, you're just getting b!tched at, not censored. Had you been censored, it would have simply been erradicated.

Perhaps you should come up with something a bit more twisted and creative. I have the utmost faith in your ability to do so. :D

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/devil.gif

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 01-03-2001).]

Cannibal
01-03-2001, 09:07 PM
LOL!

------------------

NaptownChief
01-03-2001, 09:10 PM
I think Dan Morgan is the only impact player that fits one of our needs worth trading up for...Other than Morgan the other 3 or 4 impact players don't really fit our needs i.e. David Terrell or Drew Henson of Michigan. I think there is a large group of players that are very similar. The difference between the players going off the board late in the 1st round will be very minimal from those being chosen around us...So if we can't land Morgan, I think this is a draft that we should be ready to move back for future picks if possible...I think there are a couple LB's, DT's and CB's that are worth taking at #12 but I think one of each will fall to us in the 20's...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

Red and Gold Mania
01-03-2001, 09:15 PM
One thing for sure is that Packfan would love Cannibal's signature. :D

Speaking of draft: I would go DT in the first round and draft linebackers and corners down the road.

1. J.Lewis (Miami)or Reynolds (Florida State)would be my choice. The only bad thing is that we have Chester "The snap count molester" to teach these guys "how to get into offensive lineman's head" :mad:.

Red and Gold Mania
01-03-2001, 09:18 PM
I just think that this draft would be a priority for defense since our D is piece of sh!t(Hicks and Wesley excluded).

Cannibal
01-03-2001, 09:19 PM
I totally agree with you Red and Gold.

Only I'd throw a K/PR in there some where.

Hopefully David Allen.

------------------

Logical
01-03-2001, 10:17 PM
Cannibal,

Indeed we do seem to agree a lot more on football than politics, heck if we agreed just twice on football that might have been enough (LOL).

Do not want to censor you, because I do know you pretty well.

Just thought you might like the

Dictator in Chief

line.