PDA

View Full Version : Tough Yards for LJ... only negative I saw today.

Ari Chi3fs
10-01-2006, 07:26 PM
LJ was getting NO holes. Sure he caught a few passes out in the flat, but he was getting nowhere when running the ball, until the 4th quarter.

D's are keying on him, and he hasnt really had an answer yet. Sure, our offense was golden today, but L. Johnson is nowhere near where L.Johnson should be right now, IMHO.

Skip Towne
10-01-2006, 07:29 PM
LJ finally got them beat down by the 4th quarter today. He had 30 carries. If Bennett can play we should wear out most D's by the middle of the 3rd.

Douche Baggins
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM
LJ will run wild next week. Arizona's run defense is godawful.

GoHuge
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah he's draggin ass. He's only the NFL yards from scrimmage leader. Seriously what do you want him to do with eight and nine in the box? He's the reason Huard threw the ball all over the field.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah he's draggin ass. He's only the NFL yards from scrimmage leader. Seriously what do you want him to do with eight and nine in the box? He's the reason Huard threw the ball all over the field.Just a guess, but I'd say he was talking about the o-line play, not LJ's play.

Pass protection was good today. Run blocking wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. We're getting back to the "pass to open up the run" point again I think. Today's game is going to be a good thing to get on film, because it's shows we can throw the ball.

Ari Chi3fs
10-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Just a guess, but I'd say he was talking about the o-line play, not LJ's play.

Pass protection was good today. Run blocking wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. We're getting back to the "pass to open up the run" point again I think. Today's game is going to be a good thing to get on film, because it's shows we can throw the ball.

Yeah, that.

Simply Red
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually I think he is being too patient. This isn't really his style. Per an earlier discussion between myself and another planeteer(forget who) He needs to hit the holes faster. Easy for me to say though. He'll be fine once Roaf comes back. Oh wait.

No. He'll be fine...

UteChief
10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
It looked a little rough but I have faith that the line play will improve and the holes will open up.

KCChiefsFan88
10-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Teams are putting 8-9 people in the box on every play forcing the Chiefs to beat them with the passing game.

Douche Baggins
10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
If only we had Vermeil to tell us how. Woe is us.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
LJ will run wild next week. Arizona's run defense is godawful.
we said the same thing about San Fran, lol

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Teams are putting 8-9 people in the box on every play forcing the Chiefs to beat them with the passing game.
yeah and huard showed the league they can't do that anymore...

when Trent comes back we are going to be a friggin' scary, SCARY team if our defense keeps it up.

Super bowl caliber scary.

KcMizzou
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
LJ's washed up, and he fumbles too much.

Is Bam Morris still available?

runnercyclist
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
I'll take 41 no matter how we get it

alanm
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM

when Trent comes back we are going to be a friggin' scary, SCARY team if our defense keeps it up.

Super bowl caliber scary.
Now THAT is the homeristic statement of the day. :D

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Now THAT is the homeristic statement of the day. :D
that's fine.

Imagine our offense now. Run, run, run, run. Imagine us keeping that philiosphy, controlling the clock, and then having Trent Green throw to wide open receivers rather than Damon Huard. I love what Huard has been doing, but Trent Green is a top 5 QB in the league...he's WAY better than Huard. That's obvious.

If our defense continues to force 3 and outs...we'll be winning a lot of games by a lot of points. Disagree. That's fine. I don't blame you. To think a Chiefs team is actually super bowl caliber?! Crazy talk, right? But it's absolutely true.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
our play-action game with Trent Green is going to be ridiculously good...

DomerNKC
10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
i know they are putting 8-9 men in the box. does that mean that lj should walk to where the hole should be? the guy has incredible talent, but he isnt playing at all like last year. they were keying on him last year, he ran 'em over anyway. when he got the ball he exploded to the line. this year he gets the ball, yawns, then walks to the line for his two yards. i wish priest could get better because it looks like larry needs to be pushed.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 10:04 PM
tell me how they key'd on LJ last year when Green threw for 4,000 yards. They weren't keying on shit. Our offense, with Roaf, was so good, that a defense simply had to guess and most of the time they were ****ed.

You can't key on a guy that averages 5.3 YPC...

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I could've worded that better, but if you know anything, you know what I mean...

PastorMikH
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Let's see...

The Cinnci game there's speculation ever since Herm came in that he was going to turn the Chiefs into a running team and LJ was going to be the main component of the Chiefs O.

Denver and today, with Green out, the other teams knew LJ was our only hope so they focused on containing him.

After today, teams will have to at least respect Huard's arm and quit putting everyone on the line. That will open up the running game for LJ.

DomerNKC
10-01-2006, 10:12 PM
tell me how they key'd on LJ last year when Green threw for 4,000 yards. They weren't keying on shit. Our offense, with Roaf, was so good, that a defense simply had to guess and most of the time they were ****ed.

You can't key on a guy that averages 5.3 YPC...because larry had 9 100+ yard games last year. they would be foolish not to key on him. they keyed on larry and he still kicked their ass. this year he jogs most of the time. if you knew anything you would know what i mean, or are you blind. i am not bashing lj. he is awesome. he just needs to quit mailing it in and play 60 minutes of football. he is taking too many plays off this year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
lol.

Domer...

You're dumb.

I think herm's offensive approach is a bit more predictable than dick's (and I don't think it's a bad thing)...

Last year, it could've been 3rd and friggin' 1 (an obvious run situation), and Saunders could've pulled out a triple reverse hook and ladder pass...a defense could never really key on anything during the Vermeil tenure because we were too unpredictable...

PastorMikH
10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Add in, LJ realizes we will need him next week. He's not running with the reckless abandon that he did last year, he's running like a person that's trying to produce all season. With some of those runs he made last year we are very fortunate that he didn't run into some serious injuries.

I'd rather have LJ toned down just a bit and have him all season, season after season.

DomerNKC
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM
lol.

Domer...

You're dumb.

I think herm's offensive approach is a bit more predictable than dick's (and I don't think it's a bad thing)...

Last year, it could've been 3rd and friggin' 1 (an obvious run situation), and Saunders could've pulled out a triple reverse hook and ladder pass...a defense could never really key on anything during the Vermeil tenure because we were too unpredictable...damn hootie, good to see you make it personal when someone has a different opinion. that doesnt change the fact that lj is loafing. i know he has that second gear, lets just hope that he can find it when we need it. i just hope that he has not forgotten what made him a great back.

boogblaster
10-01-2006, 11:24 PM
LJ took what he was givin..the holes were're there most of the game..his sweeps were slow because his blockers were slow..the San Fran. D stacked the line..he did pretty good I thought....

vailpass
10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
LJ was getting NO holes. Sure he caught a few passes out in the flat, but he was getting nowhere when running the ball, until the 4th quarter.

D's are keying on him, and he hasnt really had an answer yet. Sure, our offense was golden today, but L. Johnson is nowhere near where L.Johnson should be right now, IMHO.

Really? You mean now that LJ is the known starter from day one opposing Ds will scheme for him? Could it be that time and injuries actually are a factor in the NFL and that the O-line he ran behind last year had something to do with his success? You mean to say it is not a foregone conclusion that he duplicates his avg. in the partial season he played last year?
Are you saying that over the course of an ENTIRE season he may or may not be all-time elite, be SPECIAL?

Many here will have a hard time coming to grips with that concept.

vailpass
10-02-2006, 08:52 AM

LMAO .

Easy there Hootie. KC beat a team they should have beat yesterday. SF is possibly the worst team in the NFL, with only Arizona and the Faders in the same crap category.
KC isn't as bad as most here said before the SF game and they aren't as good as you state above. SB? I love it. Maybe you guys will have your balls back enough to run some game week smack by the time Thanksgiving rolls around.
Welcome to Manic Planet (caution: violent mood swings on a weekly basis)

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 09:14 AM
LJ is doing exactly what he ought to. Waiting for a hole to develop. Most of the plays where he ran over someone last year occurred in the secondary. LJ is big @230 lbs, but he is still smaller than your average LBer @245 lbs. He can run through arm tackles from just about anyone, but he will not bowl over too many guys in the front 7.

For most of the 1st half, the 49ers were playing a 4-4 in many "running situations." Coincidentally, LJ had 24 yards on 14 carries in the 1st half. In the 2nd half Johnson had 77 yds on 16 carries, for a 4.8 ypc average. Oddly enough, this occurred after the passing game forced the 49ers to abandon the 4-4.