PDA

View Full Version : Herm's postgame press conferece...interesting stuff.

Count Zarth
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/10/01/chiefs49ers_postgame_quotes/

LJ wanted 100 yards.

Q: Why did you leave Larry Johnson in there at 41-0?

EDWARDS: “He wanted a 100-yards and Dee Brown cramped up. We didn’t have a running back. We tried Ronnie Cruz in there and he’s good as a fullback but as a tailback he wasn’t as good.”

Herm not impressed.

Q: Your defense hasn’t allowed a touchdown since the second quarter of the Cincinnati game. Are you most impressed with it?

EDWARDS: “Not really. I told you when I took this job that we were going to learn how to play defense. We’ve got to even play better.

LaBamba
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Sr. Herm es macho

Anyong Bluth
10-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Labamba, I kind of like the SAP CHIEFSPLANET, keep it up

runnercyclist
10-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, Herm, I was impressed

UteChief
10-01-2006, 08:07 PM

I am afraid that I will need a translator. I like the fact that he thinks they need to improve.

Discuss Thrower
10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Q: Your defense hasn’t allowed a touchdown since the second quarter of the Cincinnati game. Are you most impressed with it?

EDWARDS: “Not really. I told you when I took this job that we were going to learn how to play defense. We’ve got to even play better.

`````--------`````------`````------

Does Herm want to average a safety per game because no TD's is pretty damn good?

LaBamba
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Sr. Herm quiere los movimientos.

El quiere una defensa que es tan desagradable como un guardia contiguo con una resaca

Count Zarth
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
We gave up too many rushing yards, according to Herm.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
We gave up too many rushing yards, according to Herm.Honest to god, watching the game, the one negative thought I had was "the pass defense is noticably better, but we need to tighten up against the run, we're courting disaster".

Guess I'm still paranoid about the Greg Robinson era 60 yard rushing TDs.

Count Zarth
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
We're giving up 114 ypg and 3.9 ypc. That will probably go down even more next week. James is averaging 3.09 ypc.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 08:16 PM
We're giving up 114 ypg and 3.9 ypc. That will probably go down even more next week. James is averaging 3.09 ypc.What I mean by "courting disaster" is that I keep waiting for a big run to get broken. There were some wide-open holes today, but we didn't give up much.

So...the cover-2's working...

cdcox
10-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Sr. Herm quiere los movimientos.

El quiere una defensa que es tan desagradable como un guardia contiguo con una resaca

Mr. Herm wants the movements. He wants a defense that is as disagreeable as a contiguous guard with an undertow

The "contiguous guard with an undertow" must be a cultural thing.

Coach
10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
What I mean by "courting disaster" is that I keep waiting for a big run to get broken. There were some wide-open holes today, but we didn't give up much.

So...the cover-2's working...

Yes, the speed of the LB's help for sure.

Robinson had,I believe, Maslowski, Barber (who couldn't tackle, really) and Fujita.

You be the judge. Who's better in terms of physical ability.

Maslowski, Barber, and Fujita
or
D. Johnson, Michell, and Bell (who I perfer Fox over Bell anyways)

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't think there's any question that the talent on defense right now is lightyears beyond anything Robinson had to work with here.

I also don't think there's any question that he was a horrible coordinator here, regardless of the talent. But, out of fairness, coordinators are usually a product of their talent. They get too much credit and too much blame, both. It's more about the players, although good coordinators can coach up players and bad ones can coach them down.

Lzen
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM

I think it's pretty friggin' stupid.

Lzen
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The run defense needs to improve a little. But they have played 2 very good running backs/running systems.

How many rushing yards did the 9ers have today?

Valiant
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
The run defense needs to improve a little. But they have played 2 very good running backs/running systems.

How many rushing yards did the 9ers have today?

90 something, but with the 49'rs getting down quick it made them more one-dimensional, the thing that worried me was the 8-12 yards they were making... Hopefully the defense will work on that because if we give up those to a team like SD they will kill us with them...

And thankfully their dumb WR stepped out of bounds on that one catch or that would have gave them some great momentum in the 1st agianst us...

beer bacon
10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
90 something, but with the 49'rs getting down quick it made them more one-dimensional, the thing that worried me was the 8-12 yards they were making... Hopefully the defense will work on that because if we give up those to a team like SD they will kill us with them...

And thankfully their dumb WR stepped out of bounds on that one catch or that would have gave them some great momentum in the 1st agianst us...

We really lucked out today.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Frank Gore
Rudi Johnson
Denver f'ing Broncos

And we're giving up 3.9? Are you kidding me?

Yeah, it's a little loose right now and our guys could shut it down a lot better, but that's pretty stout run D. The Broncos are a team that will go for 100+ probably 12+ times in a 16-game season, and the Bengals were running every snap due to the circumstances of the game (that is to say our run defense would've appeared a lot better in that game had our offense not embarrassed itself).

Frazod
10-02-2006, 08:16 AM
I think it's pretty friggin' stupid.

Agreed. I've already got el assclowno on ignore.

Clearly he understands English - he's just posting in Spanish to be annoying. I dealt with enough of that bullshit living in Chicago for 10 years - I won't deal with it here.

And I really wish people would stop quoting him. A simple banning would be nice, too.