PDA

View Full Version : I, ___________, would like to personally apologize to Damon Huard.

John_Wayne
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I, ___________, would like to personally apologize to Damon Huard.

During training camp, most of us thought Huard was terrible. Many of us wanted Huard gone and replaced by Croyle and Printers. When Trent went down, most of us assumed Huard would be terrible. Some wanted Croyle to start instead of Huard.

Now, all of us naysayers have been proved wrong. At least for the last couple of games, Huard has played well. He's surpased our expectations. So, does anyone feel like apologizing? I do.

I, Gunther_Fan, would like to personally apologize for Damon Huard. You've played well. Keep it up. Thanks.

Whew. I feel better now. :thumb:

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Get in line. I will deliver this letter personally to my lord and master, Damon Huard.

Simplex3
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Get in line. I will deliver this letter personally to my lord and master, Damon Huard.
Don't line up in front of GoQueer, it's a trick.

TRR
10-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I, ______TRR______, would like to personally apologize to Damon Huard.

Now I feel better...

Short Leash Hootie
I don't owe any apologies...

I'm too smart for my own good.

Count Alex's Wins
You and me both, Hootie.

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Screw this noise.

huard did a good job today, but he's not anywhere close to a top shelf quarterback. He's a career backup for a good reason. Hopefully, he'll help the Chiefs destroy AZ, get to 2-2 and hopefully go back to the bench for the remainder of his time in KC, with exception of mop up duty.

runnercyclist
10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Beat AZ and Pitt and then I will suckle at the Huard teet

ChiTown
10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
I, ______ChiTown______, would like to personally apologize to Damon Huard for Gunther Fan being an idiot.

WoW, that felt good.............

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Screw this noise.

huard did a fantastic job today, but he's not anywhere close to a top shelf quarterback. He's a career backup for a good reason. Hopefully, he'll help the Chiefs destroy AZ, get to 2-2 and hopefully go back to the bench for the remainder of his time in KC, with exception of mop up duty. However, it's good to know we have a backup that we can rely on.

Fixed your post. I agreed with most of it, but I had to change a word and add a sentence.

GESteve
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
He was throwing a little high but overall good job...

Frazod
10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Against a good, hard-hitting secondary, he might well have gotten several of our receivers killed today. The high throws were the only issue I had, though. He certainly impressed and surprised me.

:wayne:

burt
10-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Against a good, hard-hitting secondary, he might well have gotten several of our receivers killed today. The high throws were the only issue I had, though. He certainly impressed and surprised me.

I assume he still has a bit of "ring rust".... but he is a fine back up.

DMAC
10-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I ______DMAC______ just took a monster crap.

Whew. I feel better now. :thumb:

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Before you complete the orgasm hootie......lets consider that Huard wasn't exactly throwing strikes, but had some help from the WRs who made fantastic catches all day. Lets also consider that the SF defense was stacking the box and concentrating on stopping Johnson the entire game.

He did a good job, and its about time. He's a professional, paid to do what he did today.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Before you complete the orgasm hootie......lets consider that Huard wasn't exactly throwing strikes, but had some help from the WRs who made fantastic catches all day. Lets also consider that the SF defense was stacking the box and concentrating on stopping Johnson the entire game.

He did a good job, and its about time. He's a professional, paid to do what he did today.
hahahahaha

you and logical are brothers, no?

Good, I'm glad his WRs are making fantastic catches...

Let's give the guy all the credit in the world instead of saying he's 'paid' to be the second highest rated passer in the league..

SNR
10-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I refuse to apologize because Damon and I both know that Todd Collins should be running this team right now.

Phobia
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
If you think Trent Green throws strikes you haven't been watching the Chiefs for the past few years.

The only people who are saying Huard threw too high are the people with the anti-Huard agenda.

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Huard made exactly 1 excellent downfield pass today.....the TD to Kennison. In other news, Huard DID refrain from urinating on himself under pressure and didn't fumble twice today. Hooraaaaaay Beer.

He did a great job today.....but he's not a starter and noone should feel the need to bow to you clowns who are teabagging the guy.

Mosbonian
10-01-2006, 10:44 PM

Be careful Iowanian, before long he will start berating you and reminding you how inferior your football knowledge is, and how grateful you should be that he is here to enlighten you.

mmaddog

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
no one is calling him a starter.

I NEVER CALLED HIM A STARTER.

I said that he played well against Denver. He did. He's a backup QB. Are you expecting a Trent Green like performance? Really? Are you serious?

What he did today was nothing short of phenomenal, regardless of what LJ did, what the 49ers did, or what his WR's did...

I know 98% of everyone here thought Huard was terrible...not even worthy of a backup spot.

Well let's put it this way...Huard just showed everyone here that he is one of the best backup QB's in the league. He'll never be a good starting QB, but the guy understands his role and plays within his means, and does a pretty damn good job.

I'm feeling good about our situation, real good.

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm not worried...I'll just shine a flashlight on a sparkling object.

Prior to today.....Huard has been Less than Good. He stunk it up at camp....confirmed by visitors and coaches pressers....He looked pretty bad in preseason performances.....Pissed down his leg vs Cinci.....did a good job of throwing 5 yard passes at Denver. Today, he was very good......but was no Chad Pennington.

I don't think anyone is about to say "wow, Huard Manning is Awesome" except a couple of you.

the rest of us, are just realistic.

Mosbonian
10-01-2006, 10:48 PM
If you think Trent Green throws strikes you haven't been watching the Chiefs for the past few years.

The only people who are saying Huard threw too high are the people with the anti-Huard agenda.

How about those of us who are trying to be realistic about him? I will give him his props today, but owe no one an apology. One game does not a season make, nor does one good performance a star make.

I'll apologize when he does this good against someone better than San Francisco or at an away game when we REALLY need him to step up.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
What he did today was nothing short of phenomenal, regardless of what LJ did, what the 49ers did, or what his WR's did...

I know 98% of everyone here thought Huard was terrible...not even worthy of a backup spot.

Well let's put it this way...Huard just showed everyone here that he is one of the best backup QB's in the league. He'll never be a good starting QB, but the guy understands his role and plays within his means, and does a pretty damn good job.

Phenomenal?

One of the best backups in the league?

You're exaggerating a little here....

mmaddog

Gravedigger
10-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Huard did good that much if for certain but it was the 49ers.... I won't apologize till Green comes back and Huard has won every game in his absence.

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Huard played better against SF than Marc Bulger did.

Props!

Frazod
10-01-2006, 10:57 PM

I call bullshit on this one. He hung our receivers out to dry repeatedly. Some serious pain would have been inflicted upon them by a decent secondary.

I want Huard to succeed. Granted, I didn't think he would, but it's not like I'm pissed about being wrong.

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Todd Collins, Billy Volek, Matt Shaub, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Batch, Kyle Boller, Josh McKnown are among the backups off the top of my head I think are better than Huard.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Name some better backups than Huard.

Griese would be up there. Who else?

Am I saying Huard is the most valuable backup QB? Of course not. I'd take Leinart (starter now, I know), I'd take Cutler, any of those young guys...but I'm not talking about potential. I'm talking about right now, and right now, Huard is a pretty damn good backup and has proven he's an asset to our team.

He pissed down his leg against Cincy? The game was over by the time he saw the field. The guy took minimum reps in practice and in all honesty, he was playing behind a guy who was starting his 81st game in a row...is that an excuse for not being prepared? Probably not. Even if he was unprepared, he was 12-20 with a TD...yeah he fumbled, but I'd be pissing my pants after I saw what happened to Green, too. I-65 wasn't exactly having his A+ game and Solari wasn't exactly calling a good game, either.

Against Denver Huard played well, he really did. It's sick that you guys don't see that, STILL.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Huard did good that much if for certain but it was the 49ers.... I won't apologize till Green comes back and Huard has won every game in his absence.
well he already lost one..so go away.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Todd Collins, Billy Volek, Matt Shaub, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Batch, Kyle Boller, Josh McKnown are among the backups off the top of my head I think are better than Huard.
Collins? Ok. Maybe.
Volek? LMAO. I think he proved his worth this preseason. He would've sucked with us. Huard knows our system.
McCown? Go away.
Batch? Legit.
Schaub? Agreed.
Dilfer? Eh. Yeah.
Boller? lol.

Iowanian
10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Collins was higher on the depth chart than Huard his entire time in KC.
Volek put together a pretty damn nice string of Ws a couple of seasons ago in TN, and torched the Chiefs....the Chiefs were trying to trade for him 2 weeks ago.
McCown has been a starter as recently as 2 years ago....
Shaub is a better NFL QB IMO than Vick will ever be.
Dilfer won a superbowl.
Boller isn't great......by any means....But I'd take him over Huard long term.
Griesy.....easy choice.
Batch....starter in Detroit, proven winner as backup.

If I think about it a little more, I'm sure I could come up with more, better backup QBs.

I want Huard to succeed in what is hopefully a short and one time stint on the field.

Phobia
10-01-2006, 11:18 PM
I think I'm going to write an article about this. How can you compare backup QBs?

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I think I'm going to write an article about this. How can you compare backup QBs?
By their looks...

Huard is pretty cute, IMHO...

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
You will not steal my article, Phobia.

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 11:20 PM
By their looks...

Huard is pretty cute, IMHO...

He's attractive. But he's more "The Backup QB Next Door" type. Green is like a male model.

Short Leash Hootie
10-01-2006, 11:21 PM
He's attractive. But he's more "The Backup QB Next Door" type. Green is like a male model.
Eh...

I don't know.

In the game pictures thread earlier, you posted a picture of the two right next to one another...I think Huard was cuter, maybe it was just a bad picture for Trent. I always thought Trent was a good looking dude, too.

luv
10-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Eh...

I don't know.

In the game pictures thread earlier, you posted a picture of the two right next to one another...I think Huard was cuter, maybe it was just a bad picture for Trent. I always thought Trent was a good looking dude, too.
Trent's got the smile, but Damon's got the eyes.

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Definitely a bad picture. Huard has a nose the size of QT's ass.

blueballs
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Surgey did okay when Pussyten was out
but then that O runs itself

cjp27
10-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I'll admit that I was pretty hard on Huard immediately after the Cincinatti debacle. I'll attribute a lot of that to drunken rage. However, there was no way I saw this performance coming. Granted, it was against the 49ers, but Huard played like a veteran today and got the job done. He's back on the bench for sure when Green comes back, but I now have no concern about his ability to lead the team in the meantime. Plus, now Trent doesn't have to rush himself back, because I think the offense is in good hands until his return.

On a side note, it was nice to see us go for the jugular with the bomb to Kennison right after the turnover, and to see us throw the ball late in the game. Whoever says we are going to play Marty-ball is dead wrong after seeing the approach the coaching staff took today.

So, long story short, Damon Huard, I apologize for ever doubting you. I don't expect you to have a 130 passer rating every game, but you'll put us in a position to compete in whatever game we're playing in.

Good win.

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Trent's got the smile, but Damon's got the eyes.

So basically it comes down to dick size. Huard walks bowlegged. I think it's obvious who wins.

Unless you're into the ass. Trent wins that competition.

milkman
10-01-2006, 11:30 PM
So basically it comes down to dick size. Huard walks bowlegged. I think it's obvious who wins.

Well now we know why you're always on Huard's nutsack.

Phobia
10-01-2006, 11:46 PM
You will not steal my article, Phobia.

Try to write one. You can have the Silver.

ChiefsFanatic
10-01-2006, 11:57 PM

I am confused, you are obsessed with Carrie Underwood, you talk about guys like you want them, but you start a thread in the pictures forum featuring a hot chick.

Unfortunately...the link to her page will not work on this board. But I'm sure you can figure out what to copy/paste:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/De nise1.html

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7285/sbbgig1565ww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

So, are you gay, or what? I am asking a serious question.

Count Alex's Wins
10-02-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not gay.

ChiefsFanatic
10-02-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm not gay.

OK.

terrysheafanclub
10-02-2006, 12:27 AM
you should apologize. finally the leash has been let loose. get ready for a 10 game winning streak fyi.

cjp27
10-02-2006, 12:30 AM
you should apologize. finally the leash has been let loose. get ready for a 10 game winning streak fyi.

That may be so, and I hope you're right, but let's all agree that no matter what, there's no way this is turning into Grbac v. Gannon from 1997.

ChiefsFanatic
10-02-2006, 01:37 AM
That may be so, and I hope you're right, but let's all agree that no matter what, there's no way this is turning into Grbac v. Gannon from 1997.

You mean the two quarterbacks that had the exact same record as a Chiefs starter?

digi2fish
10-02-2006, 01:42 AM

Damon Huard a Jedi ?

chagrin
10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
I would like to see him beat someone other than San Fran, and Arizona (assuming he does)

Inspector
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm not gay.

But,...your boyfriend is, right?

PRIEST
10-02-2006, 06:59 AM

Well said. Can't wait for Trent to come back. :)

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Huard throws the ball high to take advantage of our tall receivers. :p

jidar
10-02-2006, 07:35 AM
In camp I kind of bought into the hype and thought he was garbage, but the moment I saw what he did in his preseason performance I realized the hype was a load of bullshit.

He's no Trent Green but the man is a servicable backup who may just save our season.

Dartgod
10-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Stop that talk right now before It is summoned from the DC Forum.

King_Chief_Fan
10-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I was bagging the guy based on feedback and past performances. He has proved all doubters wrong. I like his poise in the pocket and I like seeing Tony G get his catches.

htismaqe
10-02-2006, 09:15 AM
There's no need for me to apologize. Maybe some people could apologize to me though...

Stinger
10-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Stop that talk right now before It is summoned from the DC Forum.

LMAOLMAO

Calcountry
10-02-2006, 02:50 PM

He did a good job, and its about time. He's a professional, paid to do what he did today.I think our WR's realize they won't be getting as many touches this year, and are very happy the ball is coming their way, so they are making the most of their opportunities. ;)

At least I hope it is this way.

Frankie
10-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Beat AZ and Pitt and then I will suckle at the Huard teet
"You will suck at Huard's what?!"
(Emilly Litella)