PDA

View Full Version : Leinart starting against the Chiefs next week

Gravedigger
10-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Leinart is starting against us Sportscenter just said. Taking advantage of a rookie seems so wrong but... we gotta do what we gotta do. Look for a +takeover ratio for us again next week on defense.

Wa-Z
10-01-2006, 10:22 PM
:stupid:

Archie F. Swin
10-01-2006, 10:25 PM
"Excellent"
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/395/simpsonsburns4qd.jpg

PastorMikH
10-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I remember what KC did to Ryan Leaf. I think our D pretty much ruined him. He was fairly poised until his first game against the Chiefs but afterwards he was jumpy for the rest of his career.

:)

StcChief
10-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Let's mess with the USC boy.

DomerNKC
10-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I remember what KC did to Ryan Leaf. I think our D pretty much ruined him. He was fairly poised until his first game against the Chiefs but afterwards he was jumpy for the rest of his career.

:)true...and a short career at that.

Hoover
10-01-2006, 10:33 PM
In year past I would be nervous, but I think this defense can take advantage of this.

TinyEvel
10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Let's mess with the USC boy.

YES!

Lived in SoCal all my life, and I just don't like USC. University of Spoiled Children. I respect them, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

Maybe we'll get the game on regular broadcast, since we have no NFL team, they've been playing the Saints (Reggie Bush) and now maybe the Cards. That way, all my friends will see my team dominate on Sunday.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM

My cousin and I have said the same thing about Ryan Leaf for all these years. He had 2 good games going into the game against us and went 1-15 for -3 yards or some such. I wouldn't mind if lightning struck twice.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM

DON'T TALK TO ME!! KNOCK IT OFF!!!

cjp27
10-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Maybe Dennis Green will change his mind after Kurt Warner's wife has a conversation with him.

PastorMikH
10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
My cousin and I have said the same thing about Ryan Leaf for all these years. He had 2 good games going into the game against us and went 1-15 for -3 yards or some such. I wouldn't mind if lightning struck twice.

That just triggered my mind. I was wondering if it was a typo on the Chiefs site where they were talking about the D's pass defense performance today. Leaf was drafted in '98, here is what KCChiefs.com says about the D passing today...

KC permitted 72 net passing yards, the club’s best total since allowing a franchise-record -19 net passing yards vs. San Diego (9/20/98).

That -19 yards was Leaf's first game against the Chiefs. He looked good until that game. He was never the same after that game. I'll bet to this day he has nightmares.

ChiefFan31
10-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Wasnt their a thread started about Leinhart starting last week? I will wait until an official announcement, but that would be fine with me :)

I would like to see him get knocked on his ass a time or two...or ten

boogblaster
10-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Smash that ROOK...take his heart..then his money..GO CHIEFS...

noa
10-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Wasnt their a thread started about Leinhart starting last week? I will wait until an official announcement, but that would be fine with me :)

I would like to see him get knocked on his ass a time or two...or ten

Immediately after the game, Green said they are starting Leinart next week. He said, "This isn't an emotional decision. I had a lot of time to think about it while we were losing so badly." (or something to that effect).

Leinart is definitely starting next week.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 01:47 AM
More important than Leinart is the supporting cast.

I feel like we'll do a good job against their top 2 receivers and Edge James doesn't scare me at all. I also feel like our defense can get pressure on Leinart, as they did on Smith yesterday, and that might be what wins us the ball game.

That defense of Arizona's is garbage. Huard should be able to manage the game again very well and Johnson should have his biggest game of the season.

Reaper16
10-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Hey, Mecca has even more of a reason to be all doom-and-gloom this week. ;)

ChiefFan31
10-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Immediately after the game, Green said they are starting Leinart next week. He said, "This isn't an emotional decision. I had a lot of time to think about it while we were losing so badly." (or something to that effect).

Leinart is definitely starting next week.

Haha, great. I did hear the guys on the sports radio on the way home talking about Leinhart being the starter too. Thanks for the heads up.

We should be able to be all over that O-line of the Cards. Surtain and Law wont have to hold coverage for that long. Damn I cant wait. Wish I could just drive out there and go watch that one...Plenty O Chiefs Red in the stands for that one I'm sure :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2006, 04:50 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMe0Rz1frdE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>