PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any good medical BB's?

luv
10-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I have posted questions on a couple that I've been able to find, but there's next to no traffic on them. Anyone know of any where I might be able to get answers to some questions within a few days?

Demonpenz
10-02-2006, 12:05 AM
i know this doesn't help but my medical provider has an 800 number that you call and can talk to a nurse if is something that you just want to know. If course everything has to finished with "See your doctor" I had better luck with that than just googling "My liver hurts"

Ebolapox
10-02-2006, 12:05 AM
<a href=http://www.wegotussomemedicalwaste.com>Here is a good one</a>

luv
10-02-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm just doing some research for now. I hate going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary. My new health insurance kicks in next week. I have to find a doctor in a different network now. Guess I could find one to break in by asking some questions to.

DanT
10-02-2006, 02:53 AM
The National Library of Medicine, which is located in the Federal Government's National Institutes of Health, is an excellent place to get health information:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/

DanT
10-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Here's the State of Missouri's Complaint Index for HMO's operating in the state:

http://insurance.mo.gov/cgi-bin/complaint.cgi?sr=1&R1=1&R2=HMO

chagrin
10-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Luv - did mooo give you the gift that keeps on giving?

Seriously, here is one with plenty of traffic - these hens are on here all day

http://medhelp.org/

Just find the forums section, they have them narrowed down to specific topics.

Brock
10-02-2006, 07:26 AM
hypochondriac.com

Robo-Chachi
10-02-2006, 07:33 AM
webmd.com ?

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 07:41 AM
hypochondriac.com
I was gonna post that but I was afraid Luv would think I was picking on her.

Brock
10-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I was gonna post that but I was afraid Luv would think I was picking on her.

I wasn't speaking of her in particular, just web people in general.

Braincase
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Does it burn when you pee?

If so, you may have contracted....

Moo Goo Gai Pan.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Gatorade.com

Dickinscider dot com.

The cure to your ills.

Hog Farmer
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I have a vast knowledge of medicine and have done autopsys for the last 20 years, if you would like to know anything all you have to do is ask.

luv
10-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Ha ha ha...

I'm looking stuff up on indigestion vs gall bladder. I had indegetion really bad again yesterday. I took some gaviscon, which really helped. I still had the stupid upper back pain to go with it. I took some Aleve, and, once that kicked in, I was able to take a nap (causing me to miss the first half of the game yesterday). I watched what I ate yesterday, but had a bit of indigestion again before going to bed last night. I've never had a problem with indigestion before this month. Just looking for some temporary answers for what the reason for the back pain might be, and if I'm taking stuff that's good for it. Also, looking up foods that will be good for me to eat to help prevent it. That type of stuff. Once I find a new doctor, I'll be able to go to him/her. Just trying to save the cost of the visit until my insurance kicks in.

Thanks for the help.

Hog Farmer
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
From the symptoms you describe I can say in no uncertain terms that your alcoholism is playing a major role in your health and digestive problems. My suggestion would be to lay off the Boones Farm wine for a period of 30-60 days. All the Aleve in the world will not fix the problem. If you're having trouble petting down the booze you may have to turn to drugs for a short period of time, qualudes or massive doses of marijuana will relieve the temptation to drink. Now if its a gall bladder, I would highly recommend you start doing Kegal exercises, this will take the pressure off the inner zygotes philabrium. Just remember taking all the over the counter and prescription medicines will only mask the underlying problem. Although to be sure, I would have to perform an autopsy.

Hog Farmer
10-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Also, its good that you are watching what you eat because somebody could put a dead rat on your plate and you might not know until its too late.

luv
10-02-2006, 10:57 AM
From the symptoms you describe I can say in no uncertain terms that your alcoholism is playing a major role in your health and digestive problems. My suggestion would be to lay off the Boones Farm wine for a period of 30-60 days. All the Aleve in the world will not fix the problem. If you're having trouble petting down the booze you may have to turn to drugs for a short period of time, qualudes or massive doses of marijuana will relieve the temptation to drink. Now if its a gall bladder, I would highly recommend you start doing Kegal exercises, this will take the pressure off the inner zygotes philabrium. Just remember taking all the over the counter and prescription medicines will only mask the underlying problem. Although to be sure, I would have to perform an autopsy.
LOL...I think that one of my main culprits may be the caffeinated/carbonated beverages that I drink (aka Dr Pepper). Or the fact that I inherited my dad's taste for spicy food. I really don't drink alcohol all that often. Maybe once every week or two. I'm really hoping an autopsy won't be necessary to find out what's up. :)

BIG_DADDY
10-02-2006, 11:11 AM
I would do a hard core 30 day cleanse. It's expensive but everyone should do it post 30 years of age. Rina has some issues right now including kidney stones that this program is supposed to dissolve. I have heard awesome stories from people who have went through it. SHe is on day 4 today. I will let you know how it comes out if your interested. This is the program www.herbdoc.com It's hardcore though you have to have some serious discipline.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Here is a thought...go to a local retailer, purchase some beta blocker/acid reducer, take one per day and see what happens.

My experience with the gall bladder and with severe reflux tells me that there is no confusion of the two.

A doctor will tell you to cut caffine, raise the head of your bed 6", not eat anything 4hrs before going to bed, and tell you to buy the OTC, or give a prescription for an acid reducer.

Back pain can be attributed to both, or it could be completely unrelated.....maybe poor posture at work.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 11:26 AM
That will be $280. Pay at the desk.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 11:27 AM
OO OMG....

It could be a heart attack.
It could be an aneurism in your aorta!

Holy crap.....it could be an ucler!

It might be cancer!!!!!

luv
10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
OO OMG....

It could be a heart attack.
It could be an aneurism in your aorta!

Holy crap.....it could be an ucler!

It might be cancer!!!!!
LOL...

I got the ticker checked out last time. Still tickin' away just fine (as it should be, I'm only 29).

It's just indigestion. I just haven't found anywhere where it says the back pain is even a minor symptom. It comes and goes with the indigestion. I'll have to check into the acid reducers.

Thanks.

BIG_DADDY
10-02-2006, 11:47 AM
LOL...

I got the ticker checked out last time. Still tickin' away just fine (as it should be, I'm only 29).

It's just indigestion. I just haven't found anywhere where it says the back pain is even a minor symptom. It comes and goes with the indigestion. I'll have to check into the acid reducers.

Thanks.

Drinking coffee is majorly bad if you're having acid problems. The flash backs are a bitch too. ;)