PDA

View Full Version : Poppin the big one

KCfaninOK
10-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Alright guys, I need some help/advice. I've decided to ask my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years to marry me. I figured its probably about time since she's going to be giving birth to my son in February. So my question to you is, how should I go about it? We're coming up to KC at the end of the month for the Seahawks game and I thought this would probably be the best time to do it. But not sure where, downtown KC?, at the game? Any thoughts?

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 07:26 AM
By the George Brett statue?

JBucc
10-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Just slip the ring on when she's sleeping and write "Will you marry me" backwards on her forehead so she sees it when she looks in the mirror.

Hog Farmer
10-02-2006, 07:28 AM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2006, 07:29 AM
By the George Brett statue?

You're up awful early for a pothead. I'm ready to go back to bed.

StcChief
10-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Sounds like you already Popped the bigone....
Cart before the Horse thing. :p

Downtown by the fountains. Women want to remember the whole thing forever, must be at a romantic place.

Or a nice dinner, rest. thing

Bill Parcells
10-02-2006, 07:33 AM
At the 50 yard line at Arrowhead at halftime!!!!

chagrin
10-02-2006, 07:35 AM
With your 7th post, you come out with this? You're a brave man, dude

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 07:38 AM
With your 7th post, you come out with this? You're a brave man, dude
Either bravery or n00bery.

Archie F. Swin
10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Women want to remember the whole thing forever, must be at a romantic place.

Shoe dept at Saks 5th? :shrug:

Oh and the rock better be bigger than a zygote

Robo-Chachi
10-02-2006, 07:45 AM
It is customary to propose marriage during sex.

Oooh! You should have sex with her at the 50 yard line at Arrowhead at halftime!!!!

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Congratulations III.

Phobia
10-02-2006, 07:48 AM
You really need to send a PM to royr17 with this question. He's the expert. He asked 3 girls to marry him in the past year.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Run.

Run fast, run far, run silent, run deep.

Run like the wind, my friend.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 07:56 AM
"hey, wanna go halves on a...."

FAX
10-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Pick a nice, quiet, romantic restaurant and kneel before her between the entre and dessert. Girls like to see their men humiliated in public.

And be sure and ask her in her native tongue, Mr. KCfaninOK.

FAX

NJ Chief Fan
10-02-2006, 08:01 AM
at an auto part store NEAR THE ANTI FREEZE

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2006, 08:12 AM
the pussification of America
the shotgun wedding is dead

chief husker
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Congratulations. Family tradition for three generations of Huskers to wait until the baby is coming. Asking on one knee in the resturant is nice. I rented on of the fancy hotel rooms with a fireplace. Set the mood with candles and wine. Diamonds yearn for the flicker of a fireplace. Pop the question there, and the reaction might be different than the one you will get in the resturant as well.

Infidel Goat
10-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I'd pick some place that is already significant for both of you.

First date location, favorite restaurant, outdoor place you enjoy. Probably not some place like the back of a pick-up, if that's where conception took place.

Rocky Balboa proposed at the zoo. Yo. You can't go wrong with that . . .

chagrin
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM

First date location, favorite restaurant, outdoor place you enjoy. Probably not some place like the back of a pick-up, if that's where conception took place.

heh, yeah - right after he said, "condominiums? I never use 'em"

ChiefaRoo
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Get a pre-nup

ptlyon
10-02-2006, 09:59 AM
I figured its probably about time since she's going to be giving birth to my son in February.

If he is born on Feb. 3rd, do it flying over Clear Lake, Iowa on that day in a plane named "American Pie".

Fried Meat Ball!
Anyone else read the thread title as "Poopin' the big one"?

ptlyon
Get a pre-nup

Amen.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM

When I asked my wife to marry me, it was in the exact same place I asked her out on our first date. And she had NO idea it was coming. She still loves to tell the story, and all of her friends think it's one of the most romantic things they'd heard. Got me big bonus points.

And despite some of the advice you'll get on this board, it is NOT a good idea to tell her to "point it up" after she accepts.

TinyEvel
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Pick a nice, quiet, romantic restaurant and kneel before her between the entre and dessert. Girls like to see their men humiliated in public.

And be sure and ask her in her native tongue, Mr. KCfaninOK.

FAX

I agree with FAX. I wouldn't do it at the game unless she's as big a football fan as you are. Make it about her. Find a nice restaurant in the Plaza and do it the day before the game.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I think you should do something classy.

Take her to Menards or Home Depot, roam out into
the 2x4, plywood and drywall area, and tell her that since she's knocked up, you think its time to build a family the right way and make an honest woman out of her.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I think you should do something classy.

Take her to Menards or Home Depot, roam out into
the 2x4, plywood and drywall area, and tell her that since she's knocked up, you think its time to build a family the right way and make an honest woman out of her.
I think Wendy's would be a better place. Maybe a nice buffet, like Ryan's.

JazzzLovr
10-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I agree with FAX. I wouldn't do it at the game unless she's as big a football fan as you are. Make it about her. Find a nice restaurant in the Plaza and do it the day before the game.

Female perspective:

I agree with tinyevel's post. The "perfect" proposal is going to be different for different women, depending on personality and interests. As above, make it about her. If she is as much or more of a Chiefs (or possibly Seahawks, I guess) fan as you are, then by all means, do it at the game. But if going to this game is really for you and she's just tagging along, then no.

If she's a hopeless romantic type, you might consider a horse and carriage ride on the Plaza, nice restaurant, or nice hotel room as someone else suggested. Again, it depends a lot on her personality. The horse and carriage ride or restaurant would be more public; the hotel room would be private.

Even in today's society with women's lib and so many career-minded women, I think a proposal is still something that most women look forward to and see as a moment that should be very special and memorable. You should know her personality and interests pretty well. If you do, then use that knowledge to propose in a way that will be special for her.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Do it when her water breaks.

Hog Farmer
10-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Take her to a peep show and ask her there. That's where I met my wife.

cookster50
10-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Put out a bowl of antifreeze.

(Come on, what did you expect asking a question like this on the planet??)

KC-TBB
10-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Buy her a footlong dog and ask her if she can swallow the whole thing, if she says, "Thats disgusting" or anything like that...RUN and have your name changed.

Braincase
10-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Take her to a peep show and ask her there. That's where I met my wife.

Cool. Did she go on before or after your moms? (/Redrum off)