PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinert comments on starting next week

Der Flöprer
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I was watching the Blitz on ESPN and saw Leinert talking about his first start next week. And I quote, "Playing at home against the Chiefs, who's still a good football team is a good situation for me." Sounded like Matty doesn't know our defense is improved. The words don't really do the attitude I saw justice. I believe he thinks the Chiefs D will be easier for him to handle. I think he's in for some harsh reality.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Too bad this isn't a home game for us. Now that would be interesting.

chagrin
10-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I am glad you brought this up, is this game really just going to be aired on NFL Network? If not, will CBS air it?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I wonder what wonderful things defensive players have to say to Leinart about Paris in the coming year

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Nothing like giving your opposition BB material on Monday. Leinart is going to figure out why no starting QB trash talks the D they are going to play even if they really suck.

DaFace
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
I am glad you brought this up, is this game really just going to be aired on NFL Network? If not, will CBS air it?

? NFL Network isn't showing any games live until Thanksgiving. It'll be on CBS as usual.

chagrin
10-02-2006, 09:26 AM
? NFL Network isn't showing any games live until Thanksgiving. It'll be on CBS as usual.

Well, isn't our game on thanksgiving?

Radar Chief
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Doesn’t ‘Zona have field turf?

tyton75
10-02-2006, 09:30 AM
no.. I think they have grass.. thats why they roll the field out of the stadium to get sunlight or some chit

Bob Dole
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Petey Prisco seems to agree:

Reading between the lines, it looked as if after an emotional decision on Monday, Green looked at the landscape and changed his mind, realizing the Cardinals were playing a good defense on the road in a dome. Next week they are at home against the Chiefs, a better spot for the psyche of a young quarterback.

Source (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9698262)

58-4ever
10-02-2006, 09:41 AM

Exactly genious.

chagrin
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Exactly genious.

dipshit, my question was never answered

DaFace
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM

Leinart = Arizona, who we play next week.

chagrin
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Leinart = Arizona, who we play next week.

:eek:

Damn, I was sitting here talking about thanksgiving plans with some coworkers and totally spaced out, I apologize - okay - so the Thanksgiving game, will it be on nfl network only?

Ceej
10-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I saw the interview as well.

I assumed he meant it was a good situation because it would be a home game for him, not because it was against KC necessarily.

Braincase
10-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I wonder what wonderful things defensive players have to say to Leinart about Paris in the coming year

Every year with Paris is a coming year.

DaFace
10-02-2006, 09:52 AM

Damn, I was sitting here talking about thanksgiving plans with some coworkers and totally spaced out, I apologize - okay - so the Thanksgiving game, will it be on nfl network only?

Now THAT I'm not sure about. When games are on ESPN, do they show them locally on another channel?

Braincase
10-02-2006, 09:55 AM

That's what they're advertising. I'd keep an eye out for NFL Network to start landing some key games in coming seasons. And they'll own their own broadcast team... who will never say anything bad abot the NFL.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Leinart is going to be a good qb. He's got 3 very good WRs and a solid RB behind him. He's also a rookie, with an average offensive line and subpar defense.

I wish very much that this were in Arrowhead.

I don't think the Chiefs D will keep AZ out of the endzone, but it will be a very good test for the secondary.

If the Dline can knock the Rookie around a little, it should be a W for the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs Defensive players would like any help for smack to run on Leinart....feel free to ask.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Leinart said KC is a good team and that it would be good for him to start next week at home in a good environment. Not exactly BB material.

Dirka Dirka

Ceej
10-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I saw the interview as well.

I assumed he meant it was a good situation because it would be a home game for him, not because it was against KC necessarily.

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Hali should send Leinhart a zebras head this week.

KC-TBB
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Or Hali could just open up a can of whipass...one rookie to another!

Easy 6
10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I just hope Herm can rekindle the beast like mentality we had yesterday a week later. If he can there is no way the tardinals O line can with stand the onslaught. For sure a great test for our DB's, but Whinert will have little time. Denny will find out that rooks can turn the ball over as good or better than veterans.

Calcountry
10-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Funny Mecca isn't in here telling us how Leinert is gonna carve the Chiefs a new ahole?

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Now THAT I'm not sure about. When games are on ESPN, do they show them locally on another channel?
Yes. KC's turkey day game will be broadcast on a local network.

11-23 v. DENVER, 7p WDAF-TV4 in KC
12-23 at OAKLAND, 7p KSHB-TV41 in KC

tommykat
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Leinert meet #69....whooohooo.......smash mouth football~:evil:

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Funny Mecca isn't in here telling us how Leinert is gonna carve the Chiefs a new ahole?

:LOL: LMAO

MichaelH
10-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I've been watching ESPN on and off all day. I didn't hear one good word about the Chiefs play nor have I read anything online except they beat up the 49's. As usual, the Chiefs get no respect from the media or opposing teams. If the Chiefs can play in Arizona like they played yesterday, Leinert will be sobbing by halftime.

CosmicPal
10-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I wish very much that this were in Arrowhead.

Honestly, if it were in Arrowhead, I'd very much doubt Leinert would be playing. Arrowhead is such a hostile and noisy environment, that I would suspect that Green would rather start a veteran QB than a rookie and his first time.

I don't think the Chiefs D will keep AZ out of the endzone, but it will be a very good test for the secondary.

While I'm sold on our defensive performances thus far, if we were to keep AZ out of the endzone- that would be something else. It's difficult enough to keep any offense out of the endzone, but an offense with as much talent as they have would be something else.

I like our chances. I do think we match up well defensively, and I expect a lot of confusing blitz packages from Cunningham to make life difficult for the rookie.

vailpass
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I've been watching ESPN on and off all day. I didn't hear one good word about the Chiefs play nor have I read anything online except they beat up the 49's. As usual, the Chiefs get no respect from the media or opposing teams. If the Chiefs can play in Arizona like they played yesterday, Leinert will be sobbing by halftime.

Exactly what did you expect from a game that featured two teams with one win combined, one team in full rebuild mode and the other in decline mode, one of the starting QBs is a wet newb and the other a career backup, with zero playoff wins between the two teams this century?
Did you expect Sportscenter to set up a live remote from 1 Arrowhead Drive?

Rooster
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM

:thumb: Hell yes... I like that idea a lot.. :D

StcChief
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
We match up well. Though Boldin/Fitz are a good WR combo. can Lienert deep burn Law/Surtain I have my doubts.
Edge is a good runner, I run D will have to be on it's game.

I still see a W in the AZ 'University of Phoenix' or whatever they call it Dome

OnTheWarpath58
10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Unless AZ comes up with a cure for their OL problems, it won't matter who's under center, IMO. I didn't see their game yesterday, but was told that ATL defenders almost took the handoff themselves on several occasions.....

If I'm the Cardinals, I concentrate on short slants and hitches, get Matt into the game.....then go to the double move stuff when Law, Surtain, Walls start jumping the underneath stuff.....

Iowanian
10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Boldin-Fitz-Johson are going to be a good test for Law-Surtain-Walls/Sapp.

I think in this game, the Chiefs Dline will work over a sorry AZ Oline, free the Lbs to make plays, and put enough pressure on Lienart to force errors on his part and make his coming out party a dismal failure.

Crowd noise won't be a huge problem in AZ, and they're average defense should be penetrable for the Chiefs offense.

I think they Chiefs have a big day running the ball this coming sunday. Hopefully, Bennet's hammy was a minor pull and he'll be available this week.

Calcountry
10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I've been watching ESPN on and off all day. I didn't hear one good word about the Chiefs play nor have I read anything online except they beat up the 49's. As usual, the Chiefs get no respect from the media or opposing teams. If the Chiefs can play in Arizona like they played yesterday, Leinert will be sobbing by halftime.Well, that is the real question isn't it?

Always is.

Under Vermiel, I would be more leery about the team being ready to play, what with all that hand holding, and brie and wine tasteing, and "victory mondays".

Let's Hope that Herm creates a desire in the bellies of our boys to play on the road, cause they sure haven't shown that in the last couple of years. After the effort in Denver, I am starting to get my hopes up.

JimNasium
10-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Exactly what did you expect from a game that featured two teams with one win combined, one team in full rebuild mode and the other in decline mode, one of the starting QBs is a wet newb and the other a career backup, with zero playoff wins between the two teams this century?
I agree. It was the 49ers folks. I'm happy about it and it was a great win but it was the 49ers. I want to see this type of play against Sandy Eggo, Pittsburgh, et al.

vailpass
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
:thumb: Hell yes... I like that idea a lot.. :D

If KC can win their next two games you'll hear plenty of buzz out of ESPN, Fox, etc.
Why anyone might give a sh*t what those clowns have to say is another story, but....

Frazod
10-02-2006, 04:36 PM

I agree.

It's also too bad that we didn't get this tune up/confidence building game for Huard in prior to playing in Denver. I think we'd have gotten a hell of a lot more than 6 points in regulation.

irishjayhawk
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
If KC can win their next two games you'll hear plenty of buzz out of ESPN, Fox, etc.
Why anyone might give a sh*t what those clowns have to say is another story, but....

So true.

vailpass
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree.

It's also too bad that we didn't get this tune up/confidence building game for Huard in prior to playing in Denver. I think we'd have gotten a hell of a lot more than 6 points in regulation.

I hear ya'. I wish Plummer could have worked out the kinks in Denver's annual tune up game against New England prior to facing KC.
Should be a good game come Thanksgiving night. Hope I don't get so full of turkey I shart myself and have to sit in my own shame until half time.

runnercyclist
10-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Too bad this isn't a home game for us. Now that would be interesting.

It will sound like a home game. It is in AZ. There will be more chiefs fans than AZ fans.

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 07:22 AM
I think the day will come when Leinart is a feared QB, someone who's going to just pick you apart.

But that day will not be this coming Sunday.

Skip Towne
10-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Why isn't Endelt in here throwing smack?