PDA

View Full Version : Dr Z's All-Pro roster

Brock
01-03-2001, 04:44 PM
Chiefs relevant excerpts only. You can read the whole thing on CNNSI.

Fullback: Tony Richardson, Kansas City

No NFL team lines up with two running backs, so why should an all-pro unit be crafted that way? Beats me. Maybe because no one has the heart to stiff Eddie George. I don't like to leave Eddie off my team, either, but a fullback is a fullback. To earn honors at the position, I feel he has to be on the field at least most of the time. Richardson, the Chiefs' leading rusher and a tireless blocker, certainly qualifies. My runner-up was the Jets' Richie Anderson, a freak fullback who goes out on the flank and shows wideout skills. That's how the Jets beat Miami, but, unfortunately, Richie's fumbles and drops were costly down the stretch -- which cost him a spot on my team.

Tight End: Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City

An easy pick here, too, based mainly on his importance to the offense, backed up by overpowering numbers that greatly outdistance the competition. The only knock on him is that he drops the ball on occasion -- and that every time I see him play I have to hear that drivel about how no one can cover him -- linebacker, safety, etc.

People I talk to are high on the Chiefs' John Tait , but I saw him take out an opponent with one of those crippling, back-of-the-knee numbers and end his season. And this is a guy who spent time on a religious mission before he hit the NFL. Sorry, but he will never make my team.<BR>

donkhater
01-03-2001, 05:10 PM
Don't forget the Maz. He got best coverage player on kicks.

Coverage: Mike Maslowski, Kansas City

First thing I do is consult my charts and compile a list of my high scorers.
Then I check the numbers, from the special teams statistics listed in every
team's press release. Some teams, such as the Eagles, present these in the
most minute detail -- blocks on a return, number of times a player was first
man downfield, etc. Two of them, the Raiders, and naturally, the Redskins,
don't even bother to list anything. I check these figures to see if there might
be someone I've missed, and will have to go back and compute, and then I
use my "big-hits" category as the tie-breaker. When I got finished,
Maslowski was my top guy, particularly in the big-hits category.

ChiefsFanatic
01-03-2001, 11:05 PM
I usually disagree with the infamous Dr Z, but damn, 3 players from a 7-9 team? Looks like he finally shut his lap-top and started watching games instead of the Hooter's girls. And finally, a media person gives individual honors to individuals, not just players on sucessful teams.

DaWolf
01-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Actually it was 2. He was ripping Tait...

ChiefsFanatic
01-03-2001, 11:17 PM
I thought it mentioned Tony Richardson at Fullback, TG at tight end, and The Maz for coverage units. I do practice that shaky democratic math, but I think it adds up to 3.

DaWolf
01-03-2001, 11:40 PM
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize response 1 was a part of his list with Maz. Ah well, need more sleep...

ChiefsFanatic
01-03-2001, 11:52 PM
Thata's Ok Wolf, I can hardly sleep either, even though I know they won't announce Gunther's dismissal at 1am.

cdcox
01-03-2001, 11:55 PM
CF: LOL!

I guess its safe for me to go to bed.<P>

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 12:16 AM
CF,
I hear ya! I'm reading all the Star's articles on the thing right now. This thing better happen tomorrow or I'm going to go insane scouring the net for something!