PDA

View Full Version : Speakers on the field, pregame

Sully
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
So the Chiefs have put these huge speakers on the field on their end during pregame warmups. I can tell they are loud as hell, due to the fact taht I can barely hear the music because f the delay between what comes out of them, and what comes out of the regular stadium speakers.

So why have these?

Is it to help the defense communicate better during the loud portions of the game? Ostensibly, the offense would have it quiet during their posessions, so the need to go with speakers doesn't make sense.
I just wonder if this does more harm than good.

Anyone else have thoughts about these?

Calcountry
10-02-2006, 05:51 PM
So the Chiefs have put these huge speakers on the field on their end during pregame warmups. I can tell they are loud as hell, due to the fact taht I can barely hear the music because f the delay between what comes out of them, and what comes out of the regular stadium speakers.

So why have these?

Is it to help the defense communicate better during the loud portions of the game? Ostensibly, the offense would have it quiet during their posessions, so the need to go with speakers doesn't make sense.
I just wonder if this does more harm than good.

Anyone else have thoughts about these?Since I am the only one to post so far, I guess not.

LocoChiefsFan
10-02-2006, 07:39 PM
I saw those at the game against the Bengals, and wondered what they were for also. I did notice there were playing the same thing that the Stadium speakers were playing.They had way better bass. Maybe they are trying out there new speakers that they bought after the renovation vote. I also noticed new LCD boards on the ring between the lower leval and the snobby level(j/k).