PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Football

Simply Red
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
No not Auburn or LSU. Mizzou! Since a lot of you have seen them play; Please tell me a bit about them. Being in Georgia trust me most of what I here about is SEC and ACC. I know what i've heard regarding Mizzou. Great tight-end tandum, but that is the extent of my knowledge of them. Are they really top 25? Could they play with Michigan or a team like that? I'm just not a passionate college Football fan, but I think each year it grows on me a bit.

Spott
10-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Their QB this year is a much better passer than Brad Smith was and the defense has played a lot better so far, although they have some injuries in the secondary now. I think that the rating is probably fair, but I wouldn't say that we could hold our own against Michigan. Georgia maybe, but not Michigan.

beer bacon
10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Great tight ends, good WRs, good running backs, fair O-line, and very good young QB. Last Saturday Chase Daniel threw 4 TDs, with three of them going to TEs.

The defense has been surprisingly good so far. They are #2 in total defense right now. The greatest attributes they have shown is the d-lines ability to rush the passer and the overall speed of the defense. The d-line is 8-9 players deep and so is the secondary. The LB core is thin, but MLB Harrington and WSLB Bacon have been very good.

The defense actually gave up 370 yards on Saturday to Colorado. This was mainly due to some big plays in the second half, and one huge 80 yard pass right at the beginning of the second half. The 80 yard pass was a result of a mismatch where Bacon, an LB got matched up on a WR. When the WR, I think Spragan, broke downfield, the safeties didn't get over in time to cover him.

Despite giving up so many yards, the defense was very good in the redzone. They were also very good on 3rd and 4th down, allowing just 3 conversions on 17 attempts. The result of this was a 28-13 victory for MU.

Next Saturday we are playing Texas Tech at Lubbock, and that should be the first real test for our defense. Overall our team has played very good, but they haven't played any good teams. I really have no idea if they could go toe to toe with a Michigan or if they would just fold.

Simply Red
10-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Great tight ends, good WRs, good running backs, fair O-line, and very good young QB. Last Saturday Chase Daniel threw 4 TDs, with three of them going to TEs.

The defense has been surprisingly good so far. They are #2 in total defense right now. The greatest attributes they have shown is the d-lines ability to rush the passer and the overall speed of the defense. The d-line is 8-9 players deep and so is the secondary. The LB core is thin, but MLB Harrington and WSLB Bacon have been very good.

The defense actually gave up 370 yards on Saturday to Colorado. This was mainly due to some big plays in the second half, and one huge 80 yard pass right at the beginning of the second half. The 80 yard pass was a result of a mismatch where Bacon, an LB got matched up on a WR. When the WR, I think Spragan, broke downfield, the safeties didn't get over in time to cover him.

Despite giving up so many yards, the defense was very good in the redzone. They were also very good on 3rd and 4th down, allowing just 3 conversions on 17 attempts. The result of this was a 28-13 victory for MU.

Next Saturday we are playing Texas Tech at Lubbock, and that should be the first real test for our defense. Overall our team has played very good, but they haven't played any good teams. I really have no idea if they could go toe to toe with a Michigan or if they would just fold.

Yeah, Thanks for the scope, nice job. That pretty much answers it. Who will be their biggest test this year? Also, was the Colorado game in Columbia?

Spott
10-02-2006, 09:25 PM
The CU game was in Columbia. Their biggest test should be Texas Tech & Nebraska on the road, and Oklahoma at home.

Saulbadguy
10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
They haven't played anyone yet, but unlike years past, they've beaten everyone they should have. Their defense looks pretty good, and Chase Daniel looks decent.

|Zach|
10-02-2006, 09:30 PM
The make dumb turnovers, thats my biggest concern.

dtebbe
10-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I love getting the local riled up:

SEC = Super Easy Conference

ACC = Always Crappy Conference

LMAO

Of coarse the reality is that the SEC is about as close to pro football as you can get.

DT

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Texas Tech might take us to the woodshed this weekend. Our secondary is severly depleted, and we may start 4 safties (one of which is pretty banged up himself). Our top DT had his foot broken a couple weeks ago and probably won't play. We'll score some points, but we'll lose the shootout.

Simply Red
10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys. Crashing now. Goodnight

BWillie
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Kansas could easily be 5-0 right now. I hope Mizzou is undefeated when they play Kansas so I can see the tiggers cry.

|Zach|
10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Kansas could easily be 5-0 right now.
LMAO

Frazod
10-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Kansas could easily be 5-0 right now. I hope Mizzou is undefeated when they play Kansas so I can see the tiggers cry.

Yeah, because Toledo's such a formidable powerhouse. :LOL:

beer bacon
10-03-2006, 02:21 AM

The overtime in Tulane was just disgusting. That was one of the most pathetic displays of football I have ever seen. I think you guys should have at least been credited with two losses for that debacle.

kepp
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
I think we're definitely improving, but we would not hang with Michigan or a similar opponent. It would probably be like our game against Texas last year - hang close for a quarter or two and then roll over.

beavis
10-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I think we're definitely improving, but we would not hang with Michigan or a similar opponent. It would probably be like our game against Texas last year - hang close for a quarter or two and then roll over.
Very true... as good as we've played, we really haven't had a true test yet. Coming into the meat of our schedule now, if we could finish the season 4-3 in our final 7, I'd be happy. I'm fully expecting a loss to Tech this weekend.

kchero
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Mizzou has been great so far, like everyone is saying there will be some true tests ahead...and yes I know they haven't had the hardest schedule, but regardless if your a Kstater or Jayhawk you have to admit they are looking pretty damn good and its starting to shape up for the north title going to Mizzou or Nebraska as it is now.

Woodrow Call
10-03-2006, 10:14 AM

Holy Toledo what a post. LMAO

NJ Chief Fan
10-03-2006, 10:19 AM
rutgers would put a hurtin on mizzou