PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket holders...

Coach
10-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Ticket prices appears to go up again, for the stadium renovations.

Guru
10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Damnit Carl!!! :cuss: :cuss:

BWillie
10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
We have the worst stadium in the NFL. Lets make another one.

wazu
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
I haven't seen any announcement on ticket prices for 2007. Is this just your opinion?

SLAG
10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I haven't seen any announcement on ticket prices for 2007. Is this just your opinion?

The truth is..

this is a repost..

but since im not a season ticket holder i choose not to bump the thread

hehe

:D

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Doesn't everything in the world goes up in price every year?

BWillie
10-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Inflation is 2-3% per year. Or something of that nature. Yet Real GDP has been ahead of inflation for years. So if it goes up less % than the relative jump of GDP, it is actually cheaper. I think :D

dave0320
10-03-2006, 05:31 AM
The

Arrowhead lease change has ticket buyers on hook for maintenance
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- More than five months later, the NFL is rewriting part of the agreement used to pass a sales tax for renovations to the Kansas City Chief's Arrowhead Stadium.

County voters in April approved by a 53-47 margin the 3/8-cent tax, expected to raise $425 million over 25 years to extensively refurbish and renovate Arrowhead and nearby Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals.

It also locked the Chiefs and Royals into a 25-year lease that provided that Chiefs fans would pay a $1-per-ticket surcharge to cover ongoing maintenance at the complex from the end of construction through the 2030 season.

But on Monday, county officials said the NFL nixed the surcharge this summer and, instead, they're proposing that season-ticket holders fork over a $131 "season-ticket license fee" over the next three years, or $43.67 per year.

"Unbelievable!" exclaimed Kevin Treffer of Independence, who has had club-level seats at Arrowhead since 1988. "It shouldn't be on the backs of season-ticket holders."

Chiefs representatives said the NFL determined that the surcharge would have had to be shared with the other teams and players as part of the league's revenue-sharing agreement.

Clark Hunt, the Chiefs' chairman, said the NFL would look more favorably at the license fee because it would be a short-term fee paid by season-ticket holders to keep their seats.

"We are just trying to tailor the solution within NFL policy," Hunt said. "This (surcharge) was driven by the (county) Legislature. It is something they have requested, and we have just tried to be responsive to them and find a solution that both they and the NFL will approve."

County Legislator Fred Arbanas, a Chiefs hall of famer, pushed for the $1 surcharge in January as the lease and tax proposal was being developed. He wanted to make sure the cost of maintenance was spread around and not just the burden of county taxpayers.

The county's lease with the Chiefs required the NFL to sign off on the lease by March 15.

Greg Aiello, an NFL spokesman, said he had no information on the NFL's actions and couldn't comment on its decision.

Legislature chairman Henry Rizzo had assured voters in April that the lease was "bulletproof, ironclad." But Monday he had to acknowledge that wasn't true.

"This absolutely rubs me the wrong way," Rizzo said. "I thought it was a done deal."

The Legislature will have to vote for the new license fee later this month.

County Executive Katheryn Shields downplayed the difference, saying the county would collect the same amount of money.

"This is between the people who buy the tickets and sell them," she said. "There's been one little thing that has been changed."

Don't tell that to Doug and Cathy Galloway of Jefferson City, who said they could have handled the extra $10 a year in ticket surcharges but will struggle paying $131 over three years. Season tickets this year range from $49 to $88 per game.

"It's getting to the point where we are getting priced out," said Doug Galloway. "The NFL is becoming a corporate event."

Coach
10-03-2006, 06:01 AM

No, it was reported on the local news that the NFL nixed the deal, and proposed a $131 charge for the next 3 years,or something like that.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-03-2006, 06:14 AM
http://www.kshb.com/kshb/nw_local_news/article/0,1925,KSHB_9424_5037834,00.html

Change in stadium lease would cost Chiefs season ticket holders

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Ė Everything was all set, but now the deal to renovate and maintain the Truman Sports Complex could be falling apart.

In April, Jackson County voters said yes to a 25 year tax which would raise $212 million to renovate Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium. As part of that deal, the Chiefs also signed a lease agreement to raise $75 million dollars to maintain the stadiums.

"All of us up here made a lot of commitments that we were not going to change things later. Everything was going to be as it was set. This makes a major change," Henry Rizzo, Chairman of the Jackson County Legislature said.

The NFL is blocking the Chiefsí deal with the County. The previous lease agreement allowed the county to collect one dollar per ticket for 25 years. The Chiefs now have a new plan to offer. It would charge season ticket holders $131 per ticket for three years.

"We havenít even broken ground on these stadiums and we are already materially altering the agreement. I think that is at a minimum a breach of faith with the voters, something that should cause us all concern. However, looking at solutions going forward, if the NFL is not going to sign off on this, what do we do, at a minimum, to make sure this is revenue neutral," Mike Sanders, Jackson County executive nominee said.

"I think we have an obligation to the voters to do what we said we were going to do, and itís a big one. I think that we made a commitment to the voters, the people that were against the stadiums said that we were going to do this. This absolutely rubs me the wrong way," Rizzo said.

The Jackson County Legislature wants to know how residents feel. They will host a public forum Monday, Oct. 9th at 2:30 p.m. at the legislative office downtown.

Dartgod
10-03-2006, 06:51 AM
The Jackson County Legislature wants to know how residents feel. They will host a public forum Monday, Oct. 9th at 2:30 p.m. at the legislative office downtown.
That's great, but there are a LOT of season ticket holders who are affected by this that do not live in Jackson County...like me, for instance.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-03-2006, 07:13 AM
That's great, but there are a LOT of season ticket holders who are affected by this that do not live in Jackson County...like me, for instance.
Considering it's a Jackson County tax, they don't care.

Dartgod
10-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Considering it's a Jackson County tax, they don't care.
That doesn't make sense. Isn't the dispute over the $1 surcharge?

Archie F. Swin
10-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Doesn't everything in the world goes up in price every year?

Yes the level of unadulterated greed goes up each year

Brock
10-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Yes the level of unadulterated greed goes up each year

I'm glad to hear you'll be giving back your raise

dave0320
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Why should only the Chiefs Ticket Holders pay for this? What about the Lizards, Concerts, Big 12, etc? :LOL:

Archie F. Swin
10-03-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm glad to hear you'll be giving back your raise I'm one of millions that need a raise just to make end meet...not to reaplace my '04 Benz with a '07 Benz.

BigRedChief
10-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I don't have a problem with this. The people who use it more should pay more. What about the poor schelp who can't even afford clothes for his kids, or the elderly. They all have to pay the sales tax.

I'm a Jackson County taxpayer and a season ticket holder. I'll pay my fair share. No whining...

Cochise
10-03-2006, 07:04 PM
It probably is fair that the people who use the stadiums the most share a greater percentage of the cost.

What I don't understand is, why did they make the $1 a ticket surcharge anyway? They should have just raised the tax another .0001 percent or whatever.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't have a problem with this. The people who use it more should pay more. What about the poor schelp who can't even afford clothes for his kids, or the elderly. They all have to pay the sales tax.

I'm a Jackson County taxpayer and a season ticket holder. I'll pay my fair share. No whining...

Agreed. I wish more people thought the way you do.

Oh well, at the end of the day, once all the bitching and whining is done, there will still be a 95% renewal rate. The Chiefs are an addiction too good to pass up.

Spott
10-03-2006, 07:09 PM

Arrowhead is a great stadium.

Coach
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I still don't understand why the NFL needs to get involved, especially in a late manner.

If the NFL had a problem with that, they should had made the changes BEFORE the voting. Not AFTER.

At any rate, the ticket prices will get too high for an average fan to pay, and it may hurt the NFL fan base in the long run IMHO.

sd4chiefs
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM

Qualcomm stadium in San Diego blows A$$$$$$$$$.