PDA

View Full Version : Is Niners DL that bad or is our OL getting better?

chiefsfan1963
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
I liked to hear from the chiefsplanet football experts on this topic. Thanks.

noa
10-03-2006, 10:41 AM
We had good protection, but we also had an extra TE in their fairly often. I was pleased with the performance and hope it continues, but just because we didn't give up a sack in one game, that doesn't mean our OLine is back to its old form. Green Bay didn't give up a sack to the Eagles last night, and I don't think anyone would argue that their OLine is good by any means.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Niners are bad and that 4-4 didn't work too well.

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I also thought I heard (no stats, so I don't know) they were in the low end of the league in QB pressure/sacks. FWIW.

Rooster
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes.....

Trench
10-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I also thought I heard (no stats, so I don't know) they were in the low end of the league in QB pressure/sacks. FWIW.

Not so much. Current sack statistics have them tied for fifth in the league with 12, counting Sunday's zero-sack day. The 49er pass rush was actually pretty good coming into KC. They had a bad day or the Chiefs had a really good one.

All I know is that when I saw that Black was starting at LT, I looked at my wife and said "Huard's ****ed."

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Didnt you post a thread like this yesterday?

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Not so much. Current sack statistics have them tied for fifth in the league with 12, counting Sunday's zero-sack day. The 49er pass rush was actually pretty good coming into KC. They had a bad day or the Chiefs had a really good one.

All I know is that when I saw that Black was starting at LT, I looked at my wife and said "Huard's ****ed."
Go back in your hole. I said I thought I heard...

Trench
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Go back in your hole. I said I thought I heard...

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Eat my hole.

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Eat my hole.
Well you don't gotta get mean. Or gross. :harumph:

cdcox
10-03-2006, 11:44 AM
No doubt the pass protection was better. Contributing factors:

49ers were selling out to stop the run, leaving more open targets down field

We ran more play action, a perfect strategy considering the 49ers plan

We kept a TE in to block more often on deep drops. Again, a smart strategy.

The offensive line seemed to be very committed to stopping the pass rush from the inside. When SF tried to rush wide, Huard did a great job of stepping up in the pocket.

I have to say the offensive game plan was superb. Solari and company seemed to perfectly anticipate what the '9ers wanted to do and had the perfect answer. Hopefully, teams will start respecting the pass, opening additional running opportunities for LJ. The Pittsburgh game will be a big test, since they are good at stopping the run and mounting a pass rush.

Demonpenz
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
smith was running for his life with only 4 rushing. I am surprised he didn't throw more pics.

Calcountry
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
No doubt the pass protection was better. Contributing factors:

49ers were selling out to stop the run, leaving more open targets down field

We ran more play action, a perfect strategy considering the 49ers plan

We kept a TE in to block more often on deep drops. Again, a smart strategy.

The offensive line seemed to be very committed to stopping the pass rush from the inside. When SF tried to rush wide, Huard did a great job of stepping up in the pocket.

I have to say the offensive game plan was superb. Solari and company seemed to perfectly anticipate what the '9ers wanted to do and had the perfect answer. Hopefully, teams will start respecting the pass, opening additional running opportunities for LJ. The Pittsburgh game will be a big test, since they are good at stopping the run and mounting a pass rush.Pittsburgh also has a freak that can rush the passer, then get back into coverage AND make a pick.

I think his name is Troy Paoulaalalllall or something.

cdcox
10-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Pittsburgh also has a freak that can rush the passer, then get back into coverage AND make a pick.

I think his name is Troy Paoulaalalllall or something.

Joey Porter (the angriest man in football) is no slouch coming off the left side either.