PDA

View Full Version : ****MLB Divisional Playoff Thread*****

Calcountry
10-03-2006, 11:43 AM
For a little diversion, how about Barry Zito vs YO Han Santana?

Game starts in 20 minutes, which is to be expected. Nobody is going to watch, or going to care about the flea market moneyballin A's vs. the Metrodome Twinkies, right?

I have been all in this year, ever since we aquired Frank Thomas in the off season, it showed we at least wanted to try. 20 game season ticket package later, and a whole lot of sweat, and here it is, the 2006 playoffs.

I don't like the A's chances, but I am going to enjoy the ride nonetheless.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm with you, hoping for some upsets....

I like Cards chances vs. Padres now.

BIG_DADDY
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
A's winning the series is paying +800 right now.

siberian khatru
10-03-2006, 11:50 AM
What time do the Royals play?

Calcountry
10-03-2006, 11:51 AM
A's winning the series is paying +800 right now.I wouldn't bet heavy on that, maybe a goof bet.

The A's most recent trip to the pinball dome nearly resulted in a sweep, with the unlikely winner being Haren.

The A's historically aren't built well for the domes or artificial turf. Kotsay absolutely hates playing in them, it screws with his back. They sit him any time they can.

Zito isn't nearly the pitcher that Santana is, and the Twins are red hot, hitting the cover off the ball.

Calcountry
10-03-2006, 11:56 AM
What time do the Royals play?I believe the pitchers and catchers report in March.

Frazod
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm with you, hoping for some upsets....

I like Cards chances vs. Padres now.

I sure don't. The Cards have about as much business being in the playoffs this year as I do buying a blowdryer. It would be wonderful if they suddenly pulled their collective heads out their collective asses and started playing some non-embarassing baseball, but sadly I don't see it happening this year. They have no pitching, and other than Albert, no offense. They need a complete overhaul, starting with those idiot f#cks Jockety and LaRussa.

But hey, at least we won't be getting punked by the Asstros this year. That's about the only positive I can think of.

noa
10-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Santana so far: two batters, two strikeouts

Calcountry
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I sure don't. The Cards have about as much business being in the playoffs this year as I do buying a blowdryer. It would be wonderful if they suddenly pulled their collective heads out their collective asses and started playing some non-embarassing baseball, but sadly I don't see it happening this year. They have no pitching, and other than Albert, no offense. They need a complete overhaul, starting with those idiot f#cks Jockety and LaRussa.

But hey, at least we won't be getting punked by the Asstros this year. That's about the only positive I can think of.La Russa has a bad habbit of getting his ass kicked in the World Series.

At least, even he couldn't fug up 1989.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
We didn't Win a 100 games (but we didn't loss 100 either)

or have deep consistent pitching
with Albert out 3 weeks, Rolen out,
several players stepped up at times ....

Duncan, Miles, Encarnsion, Bennett, Specio

Our pitching is the weak point. Carp then mediocre.

Frazod
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
La Russa has a bad habbit of getting his ass kicked in the World Series.

At least, even he couldn't fug up 1989.

I think LaDouchebag has cost us at least two world series appearances over the past 10 years. I specifically remember the series against Arizona during McGwire's last year, when Steroid Boy was a guaranteed strike out and Tony absolutely refused to bench him. McGwire stranded more people than the Lost flight during that series, and we got beat. I also remember a series against the Giants where LaRussa's complete and utter fear of Bonds killed us; he ordered Bonds walked at almost every plate appearance, and it seemed like everytime he got on base, he ended up scoring.

I hate LaRussa and always have. He is the most overrated manager in baseball.