PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss not concerned with football, loving life!

cmh6476
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Raiders WR Moss not concerned about football right now
Written by: Steve Corkran 10/3/2006
Source: www.contracostatimes.com

Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss got criticized in certain circles for his failure to catch a long pass that appeared within his reach and for not challenging defensive backs for several other passes that were up for grabs Sunday.

His comments Monday on his weekly radio spot on Fox Sports lend credence to those who criticized Moss' play Sunday as being indifferent.

"I'm not concerned about football right now," Moss said. "I'm loving life."

When asked if he should be more concerned about the way things are going, he said: "No, I don't see anybody else having a concern, so why should I? There are negative things going on now. I'm not the only one unhappy."

Moss made a highlight-reel catch of a Walter pass for a 5-yard touchdown for his lone reception of the game. Walter threw Moss' way seven times.

"It was a bad game for me," Moss said. "It was hard to get into the game physically, to get myself sweating. But you have to be a pro.

http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=1032006pni7057ni

noa
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm sure that's music to Al Davis' ears

JBucc
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Him and Culpepper had a great thing going. Now they both suck. HAHA at both of them.

ZootedGranny
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
"I'm not concerned about football right now," Moss said.

I couldn't tell.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
He is WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!! The BIGGEST waste of talent in the HISTORY of the NFL. One SORRY sumbitch.

NJ Chief Fan
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Him and Culpepper had a great thing going. Now they both suck. HAHA at both of them.

:spock: yea moss really sucks, it takes 2 to mingle

Bill Parcells
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
What a f*ckin ass!!!

He gets paid millions of dollars to play a game and has an attitude like that :# ..

He should try working in the real world with that septic tank brain of his!! :#

FAX
10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I think this is absolutely great.

All disgruntled Raiders to the back of the line!

FAX

Stinger
10-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Its times like these I miss RaidersRock ROFL ROFL

tiptap
10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
He was asked a frank question. He didn't want to throw anyone under the bus so he wasn't naming names of other players whose heart wasn't in it. He went on to state that he would accept a trade if Raiders thought they could get good results because he didn't want to be considered bad for the team. He admitted he was use to being a downfield threat and the new emphasis on blocking as a WR has caught him unprepared. The atmosphere in Oakland takes its cue from you know who.

chagrin
10-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I am totally loving the implosion of the Raiders, this is great stuff

Fish
10-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Sure glad I've got this classy cat on my FF team.......

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
He was asked a frank question. He didn't want to throw anyone under the bus so he wasn't naming names of other players whose heart wasn't in it. He went on to state that he would accept a trade if Raiders thought they could get good results because he didn't want to be considered bad for the team. He admitted he was use to being a downfield threat and the new emphasis on blocking as a WR has caught him unprepared. The atmosphere in Oakland takes its cue from you know who.
IMO Muss has never wanted to be a football player. He just wants to run flys all day. I think he's the prime culprit who doesnt have his heart in it.

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Wow. Things are going from bad to worse there. Or maybe worse to worst.

Moss is pathetic. He's got the worst attitude of any football player I've ever seen. He's wasting what should have been a Hall of Fame career, but I guess he doesn't care about that. He's getting rich by going out and jogging on Sundays.

Having said that, the Raiders are idiots for not making him the centerpiece of their offense. Who's got more talent, Randy Moss or Lamont Jordan? They should be throwing 20 passes a game in his direction and forcing him to earn his money. The more passes they throw at him, the more engaged he would become, too. It's ridiculous to obtain a player like Randy Moss and then not use him. (And if you're about to make the excuse that they don't have a quarterback, don't do it. If you've got Randy Moss, get a QB who can throw the ball to him.)

FAX
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
It's funny how your feelings about things change.

When he was a Raider, I hated Art Shell. Now, I feel very, very sorry for him. He should never have taken that job.

FAX

Demonpenz
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
he still might make the hall of fame. he has like 5 pro bowls and moving up the records lists

ChiefFripp
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Well atleast he's not giving a media freind ly answer. I respect his answer and anything causing The Raiders problems is fine by me.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
I think they should suspend Moss for the maximum possible. He's sending a message to the rest of the team and setting the tone. If they don't cut out the cancer it's going to grow on the young players. I mean, how much more does Randy need to make? I'm disgusted.

Stinger
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I remember this place going bezerk when the Raider picked up Moss. We were so Doomed. ROFL

Sure-Oz
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Moss had zero value but i traded him for Leinart in my league. I am STACKED at WR, and he was riding my bench. My other qbs were kitna, mcnabb and cullpepper..

Fruit Ninja
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
what could he possibly say? His team sucks he knows he made a bad choice.There is nothing he can do about it.Bitching and moaning on camera will get him nothing. He's just trying to stay out of the name calling. Hell look at porter as well. Dude doesnt wanna be there. No one wants to be on the Raiders team right now. He has no Qb' that can get him the ball. He's on a bad team He's just not trying to stirup alot of shit by calling people out

Bill Parcells
10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I think they should suspend Moss for the maximum possible. He's sending a message to the rest of the team and setting the tone. If they don't cut out the cancer it's going to grow on the young players. I mean, how much more does Randy need to make? I'm disgusted.
You are 100% right!!!

The only problem is that the players association(which is a joke) will back him up regardless..it would be futile..and that ass moss knows it!!

Sure-Oz
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Sad part hes probably right but shouldnt say the things he is happy etc.

Stinger
10-03-2006, 01:44 PM
You know Jerry Porter is just laughing at this whole fiasco.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Its times like these I miss RaidersRock ROFL ROFL
The question here.

Will RedneckRaider and this guy show before Raider week?

BIG_DADDY
10-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Just bench him.

JazzzLovr
10-03-2006, 01:53 PM
The question here.

I believe RaidersRock was banned a while back.

RNR, on the other hand, will most likely show up before and after both Raider games, unless real life keeps him too busy. Under normal circumstances, tho, you don't need to worry about him running and hiding when the Raiders are stinking up the place. He's been there, done that, and keeps coming back for more.

Stinger
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
The question here.

Naahh Redneck is good guy, even for a raider fan, and usally shows up right about that time. RR, well since he was banned I doubt he shows up.

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 01:57 PM
he still might make the hall of fame. he has like 5 pro bowls and moving up the records lists

I have a hard time seeing it, unless he starts playing again soon. I'll admit that he's got good stats, but a lot of receivers have good stats in this day and age.

I'll say this, though. Back when he was playing, he was the most dominant receiver I've ever seen.

Hound333
10-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I have a hard time seeing it, unless he starts playing again soon. I'll admit that he's got good stats, but a lot of receivers have good stats in this day and age.

I'll say this, though. Back when he was playing, he was the most dominant receiver I've ever seen.

He was the most dominate ive ever seen and still could be if 1) they would use him correctly 2) had a QB worth a crap 3) he gave a rats ass

It just sickens me that someone with so much talent wastes it.

B_Ambuehl
10-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Why should he give a damn when he knows they don't have a chance to win and management isn't taking winning seriously?

JazzzLovr
10-03-2006, 02:10 PM
It just sickens me that someone with so much talent wastes it.

Yeah, but when I realize that he is wasting it while on the Raiders roster, I feel much better about it. :D

Hog Farmer
10-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Raiders can't be that bad, they have the #32 ranked offense!

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I'd be loving life too if I were making millions of dollars for playing a game badly...and there wasn't anything that anyone could do about it. What is there not to love about that?

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Why should he give a damn when he knows they don't have a chance to win and management isn't taking winning seriously?Because management is still seriously signing his rather serious paycheck.

Fruit Ninja
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
I'd be loving life too if I were making millions of dollars for playing a game badly...and there wasn't anything that anyone could do about it. What is there not to love about that?He isnt playing the game badly though. He cant block for his quarterb ack, he cant throw for the quarterback all while running and trying to get open. He's in a ****ed up position right now. And he knows there is NOTHING he can do about it. He has accepted that. I mean what can this guy do? i see him on the sidelines talkign to his quarterback, giving him pointers. He still cant throw the ball to himself. I dont even care if your Jerry Rice shit isnt going to happen with a bad oline and a horrible qb.

Tuckdaddy
10-03-2006, 02:28 PM
The Raiders will be two easy as hell vics this year. I have tickets for the Arrowhead slaughter thank god

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 02:37 PM
He isnt playing the game badly though. He cant block for his quarterb ack, he cant throw for the quarterback all while running and trying to get open. He's in a ****ed up position right now. And he knows there is NOTHING he can do about it. He has accepted that. I mean what can this guy do? i see him on the sidelines talkign to his quarterback, giving him pointers. He still cant throw the ball to himself. I dont even care if your Jerry Rice shit isnt going to happen with a bad oline and a horrible qb.Dude...did you watch any of the Browns-Raiders game? There were several plays where Moss was clearly dogging it. The one that stands out the most to me was a pass to Moss that was about 3 inches in front of his fingertips...the only reason it was 3 inches in front was that he slowed from a run to a jog 1/3 of the way into the pattern, then sped back up. It was ridiculous.

Bwana
10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
The guy has always been a complete tool. I see nothing has changed. I'm glad the Faiders have him........good fit.

Spott
10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
It's funny how your feelings about things change.

When he was a Raider, I hated Art Shell. Now, I feel very, very sorry for him. He should never have taken that job.

FAX

I don't feel sorry for any Raider. But I bet he's really wondering why he came out of retirement for this.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Its like the scene in Braveheart where Gibson tells "The Bruce"....(paraphrasing) If you would just lead them they would follow you. But instead of being a leader he crys in public about it, so the media can turn it into a maelstrom of self-fulfilling prophecy that sucks his whole team in. No one WR can do it all but its OLD news with his junk work ethic. All the blocking caught him off-gaurd :rolleyes: , he just doesnt get it.

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Dude...did you watch any of the Browns-Raiders game? There were several plays where Moss was clearly dogging it. The one that stands out the most to me was a pass to Moss that was about 3 inches in front of his fingertips...the only reason it was 3 inches in front was that he slowed from a run to a jog 1/3 of the way into the pattern, then sped back up. It was ridiculous.

I remember when he was playing for the Vikings that one of the good analysts showed film on him. On running plays, he jogged off the line of scrimmage and on passing plays he ran. Every time.

runnercyclist
10-03-2006, 04:12 PM
That's CAPTAIN Moss to you, please.

cookster50
10-03-2006, 05:19 PM
But you have to be a pro.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CoMoChief
10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
He probably is high again running over old ladies

Lancetastic
10-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think he is quite as fast as he was a couple years ago. When he came out, in addition to a poor attitude, there was concern over his slight build and weak ankles. Dr. Z from CNNSI said he would be a bust due to this, and while it may be a bit late in coming, perhaps this prediction has come to fruition lately.

rashid242
10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't think he is quite as fast as he was a couple years ago. When he came out, in addition to a poor attitude, there was concern over his slight build and weak ankles. Dr. Z from CNNSI said he would be a bust due to this, and while it may be a bit late in coming, perhaps this prediction has come to fruition lately.

It didn't show in the stat sheet against the Ravens but he was torching Chris McCalister of the Ravens.

McCalister had 3 pass INT's & 2 illegal contacts on Moss.

Steve Tasker was doing the game for CBS said:

"Better to do that then give up TD" "If he doesn't do that then Moss has 2 TD's today"

He's running fine. Everything is MENTAL with him right now. He's has a frontrunner attitude.

He would be fine with a Parcells or Belichek type or under Denny Green.

Under a Tice or Oakland situation that is the wrong place for him.

Adept Havelock
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
It didn't show in the stat sheet against the Ravens but he was torching Chris McCalister of the Ravens.

McCalister had 3 pass INT's & 2 illegal contacts on Moss.

Steve Tasker was doing the game for CBS said:

"Better to do that then give up TD" "If he doesn't do that then Moss has 2 TD's today"

He's running fine. Everything is MENTAL with him right now. He's has a frontrunner attitude.

He would be fine with a Parcells or Belichek type or under Denny Green.

Under a Tice or Oakland situation that is the wrong place for him.

Moss is a supremly talented lazy waste of space.

the Talking Can
10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
he's such a worthless piece of shit

Psyko Tek
10-04-2006, 03:33 AM

Rain Man, Gotta call you on this...
Better than Jerry Rice?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Have his HCs been Green, Tice, Turner, Shell? Under the right program he still might turn it around. Who & where that would be :shrug:

edit: never mind, this conversation has already been there