PDA

View Full Version : How much Prime Time TV Do you watch?

Archie F. Swin
10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Do you make plans to watch a certain TV program daily or weekly?

JBucc
10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Just 24 and usually House. Other than those just sports.

Bill Parcells
10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Do you make plans to watch a certain TV program daily or weekly?
NFL Football every sunday!!!

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Entourage and The Sopranos when they're on......

Otherwise, nothing on ABC, CBS, etc......

However, I may try Friday Night Lights here in a couple minutes....

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm at work too much to watch much TV any more. In recent years, the only shows that I made an effort to watch were The Simpsons, Arrested Development, and Malcolm in the Middle. But they kept moving Malcolm around in the schedule until I lost it and stopped watching, and then Arrested Development was shaken to death by its babysitter, so now only The Simpsons is left.

Does anyone else think that show that's been on after The Simpsons is the worst show ever? It's the one with the really bad actor who's the dad, and he talks to the camera about his wife and kids, and one of the kids is gay or effeminate or something. The War on ... something ... or War and ... something. They replaced Arrested Development with that?

HemiEd
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
The Unit and Boston Legal. Any channel that I can find showing poker. Chiefs Football and that is about it .

sedated
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
that reminds me that Smith is on tonight.

the first episode was f*cking amazing

Bwana
10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Not Much:
NFL football
Lost
Discovery and National Geographic.

Archie F. Swin
10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I like the Earl/Office hour

UteChief
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm at work too much to watch much TV any more. In recent years, the only shows that I made an effort to watch were The Simpsons, Arrested Development, and Malcolm in the Middle. But they kept moving Malcolm around in the schedule until I lost it and stopped watching, and then Arrested Development was shaken to death by its babysitter, so now only The Simpsons is left.

Does anyone else think that show that's been on after The Simpsons is the worst show ever? It's the one with the really bad actor who's the dad, and he talks to the camera about his wife and kids, and one of the kids is gay or effeminate or something. The War on ... something ... or War and ... something. They replaced Arrested Development with that?

I think it's The War at Home.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
However, I may try Friday Night Lights here in a couple minutes....

So far, a huge waste of 15 minutes......

chiefsfaninNC
10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Since I started building my house in June the only TV I watch is Chiefs games and any night game.

UteChief
10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I tivo Earl/Office hour, E.R., Prison Break and Nip Tuck. Then watch them when I can.

chiefqueen
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Criminal Minds, Amazing Race

Basileus777
10-03-2006, 07:07 PM
The only things I watch on TV are either sports-related, House, or the Wire.

Baconeater
10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't watch anything on the networks. Most of the time it's Discovery or History Channel. I used to like TLC before they became a Lifetime wanna-be.

Cochise
10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Other than sports, the only thing I watch on tv is 24 and the Office.

TV is crap.

Baby Lee
10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
It's sick the amount of TV I watch, but the confluence of a 57 big screen, HDTV, bachelorhood and a ton of really good programming yields a powerful current.

Sunday - Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, The Wire
Monday - How I Met Your Mother, 2 1/2 Men, Old Christine, CSI Miami, Heroes, Studio 60
Tuesday - House, Standoff, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, L&O CI & SVU, The Unit, Smith
Wednesday - Bones, Criminal Minds, Lost, Justice, [will probably add The 9 if it's as good as advertised].
Thursday - Earl, Office, CSI, ER, Greys Anatomy, [Shark is on the verge of being dropped]
Friday - L&O, Numbers, Real Time with Bill Maher
Thing is, I get about 1 1/2 - 2 hours of TV watching on a weeknight, and squeeze most of the rest in Friday Night and Saturday Morning.

TiVO is a life-saver.

Archie F. Swin
10-04-2006, 08:33 AM
With zero votes for ABC, apparently no one makes time for Ghey's Anatomy.

BucEyedPea
10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
NFL Football every sunday!!!
Ditto!

That's about it for me. I hate TV. Got off of TV when my kid's school had a no TV week—find something else to do. Well, I found I enjoyed that. I found more to do on the net... and I'd rather read, and besides I get to hang-out with people without having to go outta the house while I keep her under watch.

Occasionally, History Channel, Food Network or that Interior Design Program or some news/weather. But not often.

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Football, Ultimate Fighter and the Contender when I can. Occasionally watch a little Food Network. It's not very much though I have no time during the week.

Jilly
10-04-2006, 10:02 AM
The Office
My Name is Earl
Studio 60 (which rocks, by the way)
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes (I'm going to try to squeeze it in because of my latest fascination with X-Men and super powers)

ArrowheadHawk
10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
i watch

Fox - House, Justice, Vanished, Prison Break, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, Celebrity Duets, American Idol, So you think you can Dance, Standoff

CBS - Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, Numb3rs, Survivor

NBC - The Apprentice, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Kidnapped, Las Vegas, All 3 Law and Orders, My Name is Earl, Scrubs

ABC - Grey's Anatomy

Spike - The Ultimate Fighter, Blade The Series

Lifetime - Angela's Eyes

E! - The girls next door

i really need a DVR with 3 tuners on it, After the MLB playoff im going to have to pick and choose what i want to record and just download the rest

Archie F. Swin
10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
i watch

Fox - House, Justice, Vanished, Prison Break, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, Celebrity Duets, American Idol, So you think you can Dance, Standoff

CBS - Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, Numb3rs, Survivor

NBC - The Apprentice, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Kidnapped, Las Vegas, All 3 Law and Orders, My Name is Earl, Scrubs

ABC - Grey's Anatomy

Spike - The Ultimate Fighter, Blade The Series

Lifetime - Angela's Eyes

E! - The girls next door

i really need a DVR with 3 tuners on it, After the MLB playoff im going to have to pick and choose what i want to record and just download the rest

you're a Nielsen wet dream!

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I am kind of different I dont watch alot of primetime tv shows, mainly bc I go out and do stuff during that time frame. If I do its mainly sports or try to catch a FOX show - Simpsons, Family Guy, American Idol, or the OC.

Nzoner
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Besides football Law & Order SVU is my only can't miss program.I used to watch the original Law & Order but for some reason NBC moved it to Fridays this season which sucks.

Archie F. Swin
10-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I would like to apologize to those who watch 4 and only 4 programs a week...it was not my intention to silence you.

I'm wee todd id.

ZepSinger
10-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Other than the Chiefs game and a DVD movie with the kids on Friday night, exactly zero. The last primetime show we watched was Seinfeld. And that's been off the air for what, like 7 years?

Z

ArrowheadHawk
10-04-2006, 01:03 PM
you're a Nielsen wet dream!
i can't help it i watch what i like sometimes a drop a show or too though

i used to watch Medium and Fear Factor but i lost interest in those

Chief Chief
10-04-2006, 01:09 PM
NBC's "Heroes" and "Friday Night Lights".

Sometimes I'll check in on Sunday/Monday Night Football. The rest of my Prime Time TV watching is totally based on (1) if I have the time and (2) only if I think the program is worth it.

bogie
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I could watch TV all day every day. However, life forces me to watch only...
Mon. - Fri.: Flip between Today show and NFL network in the mornings, about 30 minutes a day.
About 3 hrs a night in the evenings, I like most of the shows mentioned.
On Saturdays, not so much because I always have a home project that I never get done.
On Sundays, for sure Chiefs (dish network) and if I can slip in a second game without guilt taking over, I will.

Donger
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I watch 24 and ST TNG. And the Chiefs when available. Oh, and lots of History and Military Channel programming.

Easy 6
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I make time for very, very little prime time major network stuff. Much more of a Comedy, Discovery, Geographic, History, movies & sports kinda guy.

HC_Chief
10-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Family Guy is the only "prime time" program I try to catch. Even then, I miss quite a few episodes due to work, gaming, reading, or some other more interesting pasttime.

Guru
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Me about 5 shows. My wife, about 15 friggin shows.

KcMizzou
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Weeds, Entourage, and Heroes at the moment.

I might have to add Dexter to the list. The pilot was pretty good.

KcMizzou
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Just as a heads-up... Showtime is having a free preview weekend Oct 6-9

Fishpicker
10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I watch HBO shows on sunday. King of Queens, The Office and MNiE are the only network tv shows I plan to watch.

Slayer Diablo's Brother
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I keep up with a few more shows than I used to since getting a dvr, so I don't miss episodes, but still not much... Lost, Family Guy, a rare House, and Grey's Anatomy was good until it turned into a full blown soap opera. Lost and Grey's Anatomy take 30 minutes each without commercials, so it's probably just a couple of hours a day.

I mostly record the best college/NFL games of the week, since I work weekends, plus hockey games, so something is at least on while I'm doing other stuff.

There are some really funny lines, but I've gotten tired of the same plot of bad parenting every week.