PDA

View Full Version : Who would you start?

KCfanfromNC
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Damon Huard @ Arizona or Steve Mcnair @ Denver.....I've got Huard starting right now, and i don't really like McNair in Invesco. And yes, my QB situation is rough right now, I just cut Culpepper, so I'm just trying to stop the bleeding at the QB position. But i need some outsider advice on this one.

chiefsfaninNC
10-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Huard. McNair against the Denver D doesn't look very optimistic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I'd go with Huard @ Arizona. Baltimore isn't going to score more than 10 points at Invesco, and it's highly possible McNair will have several turnovers against the Broncos D. He also lost his starting guard for the year this week, so that will weaken an already soft running game, giving him even fewer targets to hit. He's completed only about half of his passes this year, and he has viable options, so that tells you how shitty he truly has been. Huard could be counted on for about 10 FP, IMO.

FAX
10-03-2006, 07:00 PM
McNair will have a field day at Incesco. The Ravens' defense will give him so many opportunities that TOP alone will improve his stats.

FAX

JBucc
10-03-2006, 07:01 PM
That's a tough one. I'd go with

Deberg_1990
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Jay Cutler. He will be starting by the 2nd half

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-03-2006, 07:05 PM
McNair will have a field day at Incesco. The Ravens' defense will give him so many opportunities that TOP alone will improve his stats.

FAX

I know we all hate the Broncos, but their Defense matches up well with the Raven O. Huard is the better option, more upside, less downside.

Claynus
10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm starting Alex Smith at Oakland. Carson has a bye week.

Hoover
10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I'd pick up Culpepper on Waivers.....

Hoover
10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I have an issues.

I need to start 2 of the three

Steve Jackson vs Packers, Cadillac Williams vs NO, Chester Taylor vs Lions

Simply Red
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM

Same here on the Carson has a bye week. But I am starting Pennington unfortunately...

SCTrojan
10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
No question in fantasy football, most would start Huard against Arizona ahead of McNair against Denver.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Ah, but who to start?

KC Defense vs. Arizona and the Golden Boy or
Denver's Defense vs. Baltimore and the old man?

Claynus
10-03-2006, 08:42 PM
How about Indy DEF vs Tennessee? I picked 'em up.

milkman
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I would not be surprised to see McNair have a good game against the Donkeys.

While they (Donkeys) don't get a lot of sacks, they do get some pressure, which could force McNair to move out of the pocket, and he's still more dangerous when escaping pressure than he is in the pocket.

Cormac
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I have an issues.

I need to start 2 of the three

Steve Jackson vs Packers, Cadillac Williams vs NO, Chester Taylor vs Lions

Start Jackson and Taylor. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Great matchups for both....:shrug:

JMO, of course :D

Cormac
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM

I just picked Smith up off waivers too, because of the matchup (and the fact that my other QBs suck). I don't trust Brunell to repeat his stats at NYG, so I'm hoping Smith can do OK against Oakland.......

KCfanfromNC
10-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I have the same thing, except i have Steven Jackson, Cadillac and Kevin Jones, don't know who I'm going to start 2 out of those 3 either, but yeah, I'm thinking i'm going with huard

Hoover
10-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Maroney or Cabillac Williams?

milkman
10-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Maroney or Cabillac Williams?

Who are they playing?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Steven Jackson and Jones. Cadillac has a shit line and a rookie QB and according to BucEyedPea, may have 3 herniated discs.

AndChiefs
10-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm, the guy I"m playing this week from our board has Mcnair and Huard....interesting

ChiefFan31
10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Steven Jackson and Jones. Cadillac has a shit line and a rookie QB and according to BucEyedPea, may have 3 herniated discs.

That is a pisser about Cadillac. I have him as my compliment to LJ in my keeper league. Damn him and that crap Bucs O line.

Not too mention I had faith in Michael Clayton having a rebound year. Oh yeah, im 1-3 in that league. Damn that Chucky, I though he was an offensive "genious"

Oh yeah, thread starter. I think you have to go with Huard on this one.

Rausch
10-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Coinflip...

Hoover
10-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Maroney plays Miami and Williams plays Tampax Bay

milkman
10-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Maroney plays Miami and Williams plays Tampax Bay

Maroney.

ct
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd start:

Huard over McNair.
KC Def over the Denver Def
S.Jackson and C.Taylor, sitting C.Williams
S.Jackson and K.Jones, sitting C.Williams
L.Maroney over C.Williams

My delimna - start 2 of L.Maroney vs. MIA, D.Foster vs. CLE, F.Taylor vs. NYJ? I like all the matchups frankly. Maroney is in, just not sure on the other two.

milkman
10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I'd start:

Huard over McNair.
KC Def over the Denver Def
S.Jackson and C.Taylor, sitting C.Williams
S.Jackson and K.Jones, sitting C.Williams
L.Maroney over C.Williams

My delimna - start 2 of L.Maroney vs. MIA, D.Foster vs. CLE, F.Taylor vs. NYJ? I like all the matchups frankly. Maroney is in, just not sure on the other two.

Foster.

Jets have actually been solid so far this season.
I'd also be afraid of a hangnail putting Taylor out of the game.

ct
10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Foster.

Jets have actually been solid so far this season.
I'd also be afraid of a hangnail putting Taylor out of the game.

I think you're prolly right, but I'm gonna go the other way. Just noticed Freddie's game time is late afternoon Sunday, while Foster is an early game. This gives me late switch options if Westbrook plays.

Basileus777
10-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Should I start Winslow vs Car, or Cooley vs NYG?
Which 2 should I start out of these, Portis va NYG, Jordan va SF, or Gore vs OAK?
How about Bernard Berrian vs BUF or Ward vs SD?

ct
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Should I start Winslow va Car, or Cooley vs NYG?
Which 2 should I start out of these, Portis va NYG, Jordan va SF, or Gore vs OAK?
How about Bernard Berrian vs BUF or Ward vs SD?

Winslow, they just aren't looking to Cooley enough for me to play him unless there are no other options.

Portis and Gore, SanFran actually shut down LJ pretty well until late in the game. I do not see Oakland in a position to be pounding away with Jordan in the 4th like we just did.

Start Berrian while he's hot, it prolly won't last. Pittsburgh is way out of sync, and playing a pretty solid Charger D. This one is a gut call only. Hines Ward is typically a very steady play, just hasn't been looked to much his last couple games.

Woodrow Call
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
I'll throw my questions in here as well.

QB
Brees vs TB
Grossman vs Buf

RB(Choose one)
McAllister vs TB
Chester Taylor vs Det
Thomas Jones vs Buf

WR(Choose one)
Berrian vs Buf
Braylon Edwards @ Carolina
Reggie Williams vs Jets

Hoover
10-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I like Grossman at home vs the Bill, but I also like Brees at home vs TB. I think Brees is the safer pick, but Grossman might do better.

RB: Taylor at home vs the Lions, Taylor had one bad week, he is a great #2.

WR, Go with Berrian, especially if you start Brees, he's kind of hit and miss, but I don't like the other tow's matchup.

SLAG
10-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Brunell at Tenn.?

or hasselbeck at STL?

also

mcnair at Carolina or pennington at Mia?

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Is it just me or is this the worst the QB position has been for FFL players since Cromags walked the earth?...

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Is it just me or is this the worst the QB position has been for FFL players since Cromags walked the earth?...

Not if you have McNabb. :)

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Brunell at Tenn.?

or hasselbeck at STL?

also

mcnair at Carolina or pennington at Mia?

Definitely go with Pennington. I'd go with Hasselbeck over Brunell just because Hasselbeck will be passing alot more, especially in the red zone.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Not if you have McNabb. :)

Or Payed-A-Ton Manning.

:)

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Definitely go with Pennington.

I thought he was still banged up. He's having a great year but he never seems to be 100% healthy...

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 11:34 PM
I thought he was still banged up. He's having a great year but he never seems to be 100% healthy...

He has a minor calf injury, but he practiced this week and will play. Even banged up, I'd start him over McNair against that Panthers defense. Peppers is going to make life tough for McNair, and Tony Pashos sure isn't going to stop him.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:41 PM
He has a minor calf injury, but he practiced this week and will play. Even banged up, I'd start him over McNair against that Panthers defense. Peppers is going to make life tough for McNair, and Tony Pashos sure isn't going to stop him.

McNair has definitely not had the rebirth expected in Baltimore.

That said, their defense is still good enough to carry them to 2nd, at worst, in that division as long as he manages to "Dilfer" himself.

And I'm amazed that a rookie HC can take a team that lost 95% of their talent and wind up with a respectable performance thus far...

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
McNair has definitely not had the rebirth expected in Baltimore.

That said, their defense is still good enough to carry them to 2nd, at worst, in that division as long as he manages to "Dilfer" himself.

And I'm amazed that a rookie HC can take a team that lost 95% of their talent and wind up with a respectable performance thus far...

McNair hasn't played great, but the Ravens wouldn't have beat the Browns or Chargers without him. Their oline and run game is a bigger problem for the Ravens. They can win with McNair, they can't win without the ability to run the ball.

mrub4
10-15-2006, 01:54 AM
I guess I'll throw my dilemma out here... League I'm in is playing 3 WRs, Reggie Williams is on a bye week, and out of the free agent recievers, it's looking like my only real options are..

Bryant Johnson vs Chicago
or
Greg Lewis vs New Orleans

I only had 3 WR's on my roster, wasn't really planning for a bye week... it's my first time playing FF so I'm pretty much learning as I go

Rausch
10-15-2006, 02:03 AM
I guess I'll throw my dilemma out here... League I'm in is playing 3 WRs, Reggie Williams is on a bye week, and out of the free agent recievers, it's looking like my only real options are..

Bryant Johnson vs Chicago
or
Greg Lewis vs New Orleans

I only had 3 WR's on my roster, wasn't really planning for a bye week... it's my first time playing FF so I'm pretty much learning as I go

When in doubt start the man playing the weaker defense.

That means Lewis...