PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Opponents

KCTitus
01-03-2001, 12:43 PM
Dont know if this was mentioned, but the Home/Away games have been determined: (I ommitted the AFC west opponents)

HOME
Indianapolis
Pittsburgh
N.Y. Giants
Philadelphia

AWAY
Jacksonville
N.Y. Jets
Arizona
Washington

Looks like we got the better home games. I sure wouldnt want to play Philly or NY Giants on the road.

I'm hoping KC can break the Miami curse and beat Jax next year. Questions loom in Jets and Washington, so our road shedule might not be too tough.

Thoughts?

<BR>

Mi_chief_fan
01-03-2001, 12:51 PM
All 8 could be very tough games. The Arizona game doesn't look like much, but they are getting a new offensive coordinator. I think they'll improve.

At Jax,Washington & NYJets all figure to be tough(We still have to go to the Meadowlands), and Indy, Pittsburgh, Giants& Philly at home are brutal.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs next year, they'll have earned it.

KCTitus
01-03-2001, 01:01 PM
Mi: for Arizona to improve, they would need to draft or find through FA a complete Offensive line and Jake Plummer would have to stay healthy all year.

The Jets will be facing a new coach/new system next year as will Washington. Not to mention that the majority of Washington's team will be a year older (especially the defense).

Of course it really all depends on what happens with Gun and the stooges.

Mi_chief_fan
01-03-2001, 01:04 PM
Those 3 teams have 1 thing in common: Their all road games. The toughes thing to do in the NFL is to win on the road, and NY & Washington are 2 of the most hostile environments we'll face.

Not to mention our own division rivals.

Mi_chief_fan
01-03-2001, 01:21 PM
BTW, of all of the road games we play next year, Jax may have the biggest question marks of all.

58Forever
01-03-2001, 03:57 PM
of the non-divison teams we play I see the possibility of winning them all...the only exceptions will be Indy here and NYJ and Jax away...the Redskins are in transition and if George is the QB, they don't scare me...Marty or no Marty...

Pitts here, we've owned them for the most part and NYG and PHIL here...Arrowhead could win those games for us...

So, 5 and 3 at worse,against non-division wouldn't be bad...and 6 and 2 against division foes...I could live with that...of course this all depends on wether Carl and company gets their heads out of their asses before next season...and if we retain our present coaching staff...well **** it all... :(

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

gh4chiefs
01-04-2001, 06:33 AM
Too bad the Skins game is at DC. Would have loved to watch the return of Marty Schottenheimer to Arrowhead.

Anyone want to take bets on how big of game this is gonna be?

------------------
Gary

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-04-2001, 07:23 AM
gh4Chiefs,

Looks like I'll be going to the Wash/KC game (being it's about 25 miles from my house!<BSEG>). I'll let you guys know how poorly Marty takes losing to his old team :D

Hey, Titus! Aren't you up here in the VA/DC/MD area? Maybe we could get a Chiefs group together for the game? I've got at least 5 Chief fans who work with me here in MD.

No time like the present to plan....

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

KCTitus
01-04-2001, 07:27 AM
MCF: Yep, Im in Richmond. I've already discussed the possibility of a road trip with my Brother. Maybe we can get something together.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-04-2001, 11:22 AM
Gregg,

Drop me a line at nighwolf_graphics@compuserve.com and we'll start the ball rolling. Maybe if we can get enough people together who're interested, we can arrange for a block of seats together or something. If nothing else, one hell of a tailgate...sort of Arrowhead East style <s>.

I watched the Chiefs in Baltimore a couple of years ago and am looking forward to seeing them again.

[This message has been edited by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (edited 01-04-2001).]