PDA

View Full Version : Just got an offer on our house

Fat Elvis
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
And we accepted.

I really, really thank God for making this happen.

Spott
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
God was your real estate agent?

Donger
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
And we accepted.

I really, really thank God for making this happen.

Congratulations! But, it isn't over until they close. I had three full price offers on my first house the first day on the market. I picked one, bought a new house and proceeded to move on. That buyer folded, then another, then another. Having two mortgages for seven months at 23 was, well, fun.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Congrats. This the house you just built or the house you just moved from?

JBucc
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Cool. Be sure the dead body is in a place they won't be doing any digging or they might find it.

Fat Elvis
10-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Congrats. This the house you just built or the house you just moved from?

The house we built about a year and a half ago.

Fat Elvis
10-03-2006, 11:40 PM
God was your real estate agent?

Considering that our house was on the market for 40 days tomorrow when a whole lot of houses in our price range in Lawrence are sitting for a year or more--and then still going for less than the county's assessed value--oh and that the buyer was looking at houses 150-200K more than ours...the way things just lined up perfectly, I'm willing to give God more credit than our real estate agent.

She was lucky; we were blessed.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Has it already been that long? Shocking. Why are you guys moving already? Trying to shake the MIL? Heh.

Congrats again.

Fat Elvis
10-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Has it already been that long? Shocking. Why are you guys moving already? Trying to shake the MIL? Heh.

Congrats again.

I've changed jobs so we really don't need as much room as we have (we actually have rooms I've never used; I am going to have a meal in the dining room before we go, however), and we want to be closer to family.

As for the MIL, I think she's found a banker to marry who'll keep her out of our hair more or less.

ChiefFan31
10-04-2006, 01:05 AM
As for the MIL, I think she's found a banker to marry who'll keep her out of our hair more or less.

Congrats on selling your house. However, the statement above could be the greatest blessing of all. ;)

Fried Meat Ball!
10-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Congrats. I'll reiterate what someone else said... it ain't over till it's closed. I didn't have any problems with my closing (except for my agent being a total ****tard), but still...