PDA

View Full Version : Arizona does not have a good defense

FringeNC
10-04-2006, 03:18 PM
They are near the bottom in total yards and yards per play. This should be another game where we should be able to score points.

It's a must-win game, but another game like the SF game that won't tell us that much even if we win -- at least regarding the offense. The more games we dominate on defense, the more likely we are for real.

On offense, until we show we can move the ball through the air against good defenses, I still am skeptical of our pass protection.

Basileus777
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
The only real question is whether or not our tackles can handle Berry and Okeafor. If they can do that, I believe we will be fine.

CupidStunt
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Even though the NFL favors the receivers, give me our front seven vs. the Cardinals O-line and I'll take Ty Law and Surtain vs. Fitzgerald and Boldin any day of the week.

RealSNR
10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Even though the NFL favors the receivers, give me our front seven vs. the Cardinals O-line and I'll take Ty Law and Surtain vs. Fitzgerald and Boldin any day of the week.I'd rather be on the side of Fitz and Boldin than Law and Surtain.

However, with a first-time starter at QB and a porous Oline to accompany the receivers... Law and Surtain will be just fine :D

StcChief
10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
their ugly slugfest with Lambs 2 weeks ago was enough to see that got nothing except Boldin/Fitz. Edj wont be a big force without OL.

Psyko Tek
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd rather be on the side of Fitz and Boldin than Law and Surtain.

However, with a first-time starter at QB and a porous Oline to accompany the receivers... Law and Surtain will be just fine :D
tain't sure of that
but Hali and Allen will help them
Gun will blitz the **** outa them
cause they are playing a rookie

CoMoChief
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
This is a must win game. We desperately need to get back to .500 ball. If DEN and SD lose and we win, we could be all tied for 1st in the division. We just need some things to fall our way.

CoMoChief
10-04-2006, 04:23 PM
We're gonna rape Leinart a new one.

Crashride
10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Were gonna put an umbrella up his ass and open it.

CHENZ A!
10-04-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope Huard still plays within himself and doesn't try to be superman. We really don't need him to be this game.

Tactical Funky
10-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Were gonna put an umbrella up his ass and open it.
LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Their defense is better than advertised. The 260 yards Atlanta put up in the rushing game last week is really skewing the stats. They aren't as good as us, defensively, but they aren't horrible. Their offense really hangs them out to dry, too.

Simply Red
10-04-2006, 07:44 PM
To win on Sunday, we'll need to get to Leinart early and ofter clearly to rattle him. Bouldin looks hard to tackle. Then we'll get out test the following week at Pitt.

stevieray
10-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't care if it is Arizona. Playoff teams win the road games...

I'm glad Herm has been mentioning our lousy road record under DV...and I'm also glad it is a primary goal for him...besides the road losses kept us out of the playoffs last year.

Archie Bunker
10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
They have the talent to be a tough test for our offense. As far as their offense goes I am more concerned facing Leinart than I would have been facing Warner.

I am usually pretty optimistic but for some reason I cant shake the bad feeling I have about this game.

ChiefFan31
10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
"Arizona does not have a good defense"

I hope thats true, we are going to have to be able to run the ball earlier in the game. I dont care if they stack 12 in the box. We have got to more effectively run that ball.

Just one hole where LJ can get some steam, break some tackles and gets pissed. Once he gets fired up we will be fine.

ArrowheadHawk
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
lets extend the winning streak to 2

ChiefFan31
10-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I do think blitz and play zone behind it. We have the corners for once to match up, but the more I think about it the less I want to play that much man to man.

Law and Surtain will be tested fo sho!

Nzoner
10-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I am usually pretty optimistic but for some reason I cant shake the bad feeling I have about this game.

I was feeling real good about this game until one of the sports shows today had to mention the Buffalo game last year.

Toad
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
The only real question is whether or not our tackles can handle Berry and Okeafor. If they can do that, I believe we will be fine.

Agreed. In fact, I would say the key to this game is the D-end peformance for both teams.

Both teams have some good D-ends. Both teams also have inexperienced QB's and suspect O-tackles.

The team that gets the early pressure on the inexperienced pencil necks against suspect O-tackles gets the huge advantage.

greg63
10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Only when we are tested against a solid well rounded team will we know what kind of team we really have this year.

Halfcan
10-04-2006, 08:59 PM
35-9 Chiefs stomp them.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Only when we are tested against a solid well rounded team will we know what kind of team we really have this year.

In about 11 days id say. Pittsburgh will be a solid test. I think we roll in this game. Leinert wont do crap against this D. When was the last time a rookie started his 1st game and just lit it up?? Never.

Fairplay
10-04-2006, 09:03 PM

Pittsburg up after this game. Thats going to be a test.

At Pittsburg.

greg63
10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
In about 11 days id say. Pittsburgh will be a solid test. I think we roll in this game. Leinert wont do crap against this D. When was the last time a rookie started his 1st game and just lit it up?? Never.

Pittsburg up after this game. Thats going to be a test.

At Pittsburg.

Agreed; the game against Pittsburgh will be very revealing.