PDA

View Full Version : The good (or bad) thing about being a football fan in L.A.

TinyEvel
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
I came into work Monday morning expecting high-fives and back-slaps all around for my Chiefs' dominating shut-out of the 49ers. The best I could collect was a fist bump and maybe a nod. This is the life of a Chiefs fan in Los Angeles. Or a fan of any other team, for that matter.

See, not only does our town have no NFL team, but most of the people who live here moved from someplace else. Sure, you've got your fair share of leftover Raiders fans stinking up the place and the bandwagon Steelers fan/was a Patriots fan/was a Packers fan/was a Donk fan/was a Niners fan/was a Cowboys fan, but for the most part Los Angeles is a virtual U.N. of football fans.

Monday morning I'm in a room of 5 guys. Fans of: Colts, Steelers, Redskins, Patriots, and Broncos (boo!). It makes for an interesting roundtable, but when you try to get some team love it's tough to come by. Unless, of course a guy has LJ or Dante or Gonzo on his fantasy team. And you know damn sure nobody chose our D (suckers!). That's why I love my virtual fellow fans here on the Planet. It's the only place I can rave or vent about my team to somebody who knows what I'm talking about.

Talking to these guys about something like whether it's the D players or Gun's scheme that's finally clicking is like my wife trying to tell me about what happened on Will and Grace: Crickets. Can it be over soon enough? No.

So, just a little shout out from the West Coast to all my Chiefs buddies, saying glad to be here.
:toast:

--TinyE

ChiefFan31
10-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, this place (CP) is kind of a trip in that way.

I have pretty much been used to being the lone Chief fan.

TinyEvel
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM

Dude, I will see you Dec 17th at Qualcomm!

Wa-Z
10-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Thank God I live in Kansas.

Chiefs is about the only reason to be thankful for...

Bugeater
10-04-2006, 11:47 PM
It's not much better here in Omaha. There's just as many Broncos, Bears, Rams, Vikings, and Packer fans as there are Chief fans.

ChiefFan31
10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Dude, I will see you Dec 17th at Qualcomm!

Probably, I have been out there the last couple of years with my Dad. Turns out we ended up tailgating with Chiefs fans from LA both times.

I just want to get out to Arrowhead for a game this year. You already had your trip (jealous) :p

|Zach|
10-05-2006, 12:10 AM
I work with guys who are fans of the Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, Broncos, Lions, and Vikings.

Some Chiefs fans. Weird crew.

big nasty kcnut
10-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Glad your here tiny evel waiting to see your little evel guy in the chiefs gear again. Or holding a sign with defense.

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Wow tough luck-faders suck.

TinyEvel
10-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Glad your here tiny evel waiting to see your little evel guy in the chiefs gear again. Or holding a sign with defense.

Dude! The D-fence is a great idea. I'm gonna rob my kids' Polly Pocket box for some props and get that going on Sunday.

Until then, enjoy my 1977 2nd grade "stud of the school" pic.
I was like a little white version of "Rodge" from "What's Happening"

StcChief
10-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Well that's everywhere, in this mobile world. NFL fans from all over.

St.Charles HotShots has a bar setup for Bears fans 'Bears Den'.

West STL HotShots is overrun with Packer fans.(remember the bar fight after Chiefs beat them in Lambo it was there)....

NFL Colors in any bar here fans are from all over.

Bandwagon Lambs fans of course.

So you are not alone. except further from Arrowhead action. :p

boogblaster
10-05-2006, 06:01 AM
sorry for u tiny-one..Ive been blessed with a lifetime of Chief fans..GO CHIEFS....

chagrin
10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
I am the only Chiefs fan in my immediate area, except we have Mahi Mike up there in Jacksonville

Skip Towne
10-05-2006, 06:58 AM
It's not much better here in Omaha. There's just as many Broncos, Bears, Rams, Vikings, and Packer fans as there are Chief fans.
Just one more reason to hate Nebraska. :p

ChiefsfaninPA
10-05-2006, 08:29 AM
I know the feeling being surrounded by Eagle and Steelers fans. It sucks. At least I get to look forward to the Squealers game. Can't wait.

Fish
10-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Just one more reason to hate Nebraska. :p

Amen.... Nuck Febraska......

Bugeater, you're alright though...

sd4chiefs
10-05-2006, 09:17 AM

It drives me crazy when bandwagoning Charger fans try to talk me into jumping on the Charger bandwagon after they have won a couple of games. :grr:

HMc
10-05-2006, 09:31 AM
try bein a chiefs fan in sydney

hell try bein an nfl fan in sydney

kaplin42
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Tiny, I know what you mean. I live in Los Angeles too. In the the SF Valley. Chiefs fans are scarce around here. The only decent place I have found to watch the games is Yankee Doodles in woodland hills. They all the games and all the fans, but there is a good crew of KC fans that show up every weekend. Just be careful when it's Raider week. The raider fans tend to get a little out of control.

listopencil
10-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I live in Northern California so there aren't many Bronco fans at my workplace. Maybe five out of 1000+ and we don't all work the same schedule. There certainly aren't any Bronco fans as die-hard as I am. I generally talk with all the die-hards of various teams. It's kind of funny, when any of us talk crap because our teams are playing each other it literally scares the other people. It's all in good fun, the resident KC fanatic is going to tape the Thanksgiving game for me because I don't have NFL Network and he does. We are having a lot of fun messing with the Raider and Niner fans right now.

Easy 6
10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
try bein a chiefs fan in sydney

hell try bein an nfl fan in sydney
You are prolly in the same boat as the Chief fan from Scotland i noticed on here a few weeks back. Are people tryin' to give ya' soccer hooligan beat-downs for liking American ball?