PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS NOTES | Quite the turnaround

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2006, 08:40 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15681185.htm

CHIEFS NOTES | Quite the turnaround

The Kansas City Star

Only a week ago, the Chiefs were one of the teams begging for their first win of the season. Now, after a 41-0 win over the 49ers, their fortunes appear to have drastically changed. They are road favorites, by as much as a field goal, over the 1-3 Cardinals.

That’s not surprising, perhaps, given that Arizona has lost three straight. But coach Herm Edwards doesn’t want the Chiefs getting complacent about their visit to the Cardinals’ new stadium.

“We’re walking into a hornet’s nest,” Edwards said. “You fool yourself if you think you’re not.

“They’re very, very dangerous on offense. They can make a lot of plays with the passing game. I think they’ll be excited about Matt Leinart being at quarterback. They’ll rally around him.”

Practice-squad addition

The Chiefs added cornerback Justin Phinisee to their practice squad. Phinisee, a rookie from Oregon, went to training camp this year with Tampa Bay.

The Chiefs lost a developmental cornerback last week when they released fifth-round draft pick Marcus Maxey. He was claimed off waivers by the Bears.

Injuries suddenly mounting

Last week, Trent Green and Kyle Turley were lonesome on the Chiefs’ injury report. This week, they have plenty of company.

Two reserves, halfback Michael Bennett and cornerback Benny Sapp, join Green as unavailable for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals in Arizona. Reserve offensive lineman Will Svitek and valuable special-teams player Rich Scanlon join Turley as uncertain for Sunday.

Turley, who missed last week’s game because of a sore back, did not practice Wednesday. Svitek and Scanlon were injured toward the end of the practice session.

Dante Hall also did not practice because of a sore back, but the Chiefs think he will be ready to play by Sunday.

Injury report

P Chiefs Injury S
RB Michael Bennett hamstring O
QB Trent Green concussion O
CB Benny Sapp knee O
LB Rich Scanlon knee Q
OT Will Svitek knee Q
OT Kyle Turley back Q
WR Dante Hall back P
P Cardinals Injury S
LB James Darling calf Q
RB Diamond Ferri calf Q
WR Larry Fitzgerald ankle P
DL Kendrick Clancy shoulder P
DE A.J. Schable head P

Status — O: out

Q: questionable

P: probable

FringeNC
10-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I wonder if Turley is done for the year...

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Goddamn Bennett out again.

Easy 6
10-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Goddamn Bennett out again.
Yep, he can go get on a road to nowhere pullin' this junk. :#

Brock
10-05-2006, 09:00 AM
This has pretty much been the story of Bennett. This is why he's not a starter anywhere.

Warrior5
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Hope Herm plays Ross this week...I want to see what he can do.

For some reason, Ross reminds me of a FB.

Dark Horse
10-05-2006, 11:03 AM
I wonder if teams will start to back off of 8 in the box now that Huard has proven he can run this offense.

bsp4444
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I missed that Maxey was released. Any reasons?

noa
10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I missed that Maxey was released. Any reasons?

We wanted to put him on the practice squad, but he didn't clear waivers.

RedThat
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
This has pretty much been the story of Bennett. This is why he's not a starter anywhere.

Yup. I agree with you. The guy can never stay healthy. Frick'n fiberglass man. Fiberglass.

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Diamond Ferri-what a gay name

HemiEd
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Diamond Ferri-what a gay name

And James Darling isn't?

big nasty kcnut
10-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Valuable special-teams player Rich Scanlon. Valuable to whom?