PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Dolphins

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 08:59 AM
I got this from another board..at 1-3 and the way they are playing..they still think they are superbowl bound.. LMAO
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-spskolnick05oct05,0,3942636.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

Brock
10-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I think the Chiefs are super bowl bound. We all have our quirks.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I think the Chiefs are super bowl bound. We all have our quirks.
The Chiefs are 1-2..coming off a big win..

The Dolphins are 1-3..and just got beat by one of the worst teams in football

You are not delusional..

BucEyedPea
10-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Semi-delusional? :spock:

NaptownChief
10-05-2006, 09:16 AM
If they get rid of that turnover machine from under center they will certainly increase their chances.

Cochise
10-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Their backup is also a turnover machine.

ck_IN
10-05-2006, 09:52 AM
It's not out of the realm of possibility. Culpepper is better then he's shown so far and it is the AFC East.

Personally I'm rooting for buffalo but anyone besides the Pats would be fine. I'm sooo sick of the media slobbering over Brady.

Easy 6
10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
IMO culpepper is the single most over-rated player in all the NFL.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-05-2006, 09:55 AM
The Steelers sure did beat the odds last year. I just don't see the Dolphins fitting in the Steelers shoes

Rain Man
10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
If they were 1-2, I think they would still be in the thick of things. But 1-3? No way.

donkhater
10-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Personally I'm rooting for buffalo but anyone besides the Pats would be fine. I'm sooo sick of the media slobbering over Brady.
Them slobbering over Brady doesn't bother me. At least he's earned it. You can just feel him not letting his team lose games. He's a phenomenal leader, the likes not seen since Montana, IMO.

It's the Favre and McNair slobberings that I have a tough time digesting.

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Here's the thing about the 'phins -- they, along with the rest of the AFC East, do have a pretty easy schedule this year. BUT the Dolphins have ALREADY played two of the worst teams on the schedule -- Titans and Texans. The Titans account for their only win, and they've alrady lost to Pittsburgh, Texans and Bills.

That leaves them with 2 games against the Pats, 2 against the surprisingly frisky Jets, plus their non-conference games.

Assuming the Pats win Sunday (which they had better), they'll be 4 games back in the division after 5 games, so they're REALLY looking at a wild card spot at that point.

At this point, it's more likely that they end up LAST in the AFC East than going to the playoffs...

Raiderhader
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM

Certainly in the top three.

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Them slobbering over Brady doesn't bother me. At least he's earned it. You can just feel him not letting his team lose games. He's a phenomenal leader, the likes not seen since Montana, IMO.

It's the Favre and McNair slobberings that I have a tough time digesting.

Word. :thumb:

I see him every week. Brady is freaking phenomenal. He's got the leadership and touch skills of Montana, and the pocket presence (and lack of mobility :) ) of Marino.

Not saying he's better than either, but suffice to say he's a sure-fire, first ballot HOFer.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's the thing about the 'phins -- they, along with the rest of the AFC East, do have a pretty easy schedule this year. BUT the Dolphins have ALREADY played two of the worst teams on the schedule -- Titans and Texans. The Titans account for their only win, and they've alrady lost to Pittsburgh, Texans and Bills.

That leaves them with 2 games against the Pats, 2 against the surprisingly frisky Jets, plus their non-conference games.

Assuming the Pats win Sunday (which they had better), they'll be 4 games back in the division after 5 games, so they're REALLY looking at a wild card spot at that point.

At this point, it's more likely that they end up LAST in the AFC East than going to the playoffs...
You guys better win on sunday!!!

And I mean shove it down their big mouths and blow them the hell out!!!

I am so sick and tired of hearing the smokescreen shit coming out of Miami..It makes me sick!!!!

Frazod
10-05-2006, 10:14 AM

Apparently you've never seen Michael Vick try to complete a pass.

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
You guys better win on sunday!!!

And I mean shove it down their big mouths and blow them the hell out!!!

I am so sick and tired of hearing the smokescreen shit coming out of Miami..It makes me sick!!!!

Honestly, Pats/Miami are rarely blowouts. We even played the Dolphins tight when they had Marino and we weren't that good, often times.

Just for kicks, I looked up the year that we went 1-15. 1990.

Here are the scores:

As you can see, we lost by 3 and then 7 points. Dolphins that year went 12-4...

Miami Dolphins | L | 24-27 |
| 2 | at Indianapolis Colts | W | 16-14 |
| 3 | at Cincinnati Bengals | L | 7-41 |
| 4 | New York Jets | L | 13-37 |
| 5 | Seattle Seahawks | L | 20-33 |
| 6 | |
| 7 | at Miami Dolphins | L | 10-17 |
| 8 | Buffalo Bills | L | 10-27 |
| 9 | at Philadelphia Eagles | L | 20-48 |
| 10 | Indianapolis Colts | L | 10-13 |
| 11 | at Buffalo Bills | L | 0-14 |
| 12 | at Phoenix Cardinals | L | 14-34 |
| 13 | Kansas City Chiefs | L | 7-37 |
| 14 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | L | 3-24 |
| 15 | Washington Redskins | L | 10-25 |
| 16 | at New York Jets | L | 7-42 |
| 17 | New York Giants | L | 10-13

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Honestly, Pats/Miami are rarely blowouts. We even played the Dolphins tight when they had Marino and we weren't that good, often times.

Just for kicks, I looked up the year that we went 1-15. 1990.

Here are the scores:

As you can see, we lost by 3 and then 7 points. Dolphins that year went 12-4...

Miami Dolphins | L | 24-27 |
| 2 | at Indianapolis Colts | W | 16-14 |
| 3 | at Cincinnati Bengals | L | 7-41 |
| 4 | New York Jets | L | 13-37 |
| 5 | Seattle Seahawks | L | 20-33 |
| 6 | |
| 7 | at Miami Dolphins | L | 10-17 |
| 8 | Buffalo Bills | L | 10-27 |
| 9 | at Philadelphia Eagles | L | 20-48 |
| 10 | Indianapolis Colts | L | 10-13 |
| 11 | at Buffalo Bills | L | 0-14 |
| 12 | at Phoenix Cardinals | L | 14-34 |
| 13 | Kansas City Chiefs | L | 7-37 |
| 14 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | L | 3-24 |
| 15 | Washington Redskins | L | 10-25 |
| 16 | at New York Jets | L | 7-42 |
| 17 | New York Giants | L | 10-13

From what I have seen of Culpepper this year..He will have no clue on how to read your boy belichicks sophisticated defensive secondary..

I think the Patriots have to get a wide receiver who can stretch the field for Brady..or tell Chad Jackson to get his ass in gear..If the Patriots have a lead, they can get by with what they have..but if they have to play from behind,like against the Broncos..And become one dimensional..they will continue to have problems..

If the Patriots take the lead in this game,I think it's over..JMO..

picasso
10-05-2006, 11:06 AM

Agreed!!

Woodrow Call
10-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Apparently you've never seen Michael Vick try to complete a pass.

LMAO

JBucc
10-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Culpepper's about to turn into Brady and lead them to the Super Bowl. Except that Brady was still young and adjusting to the NFL and learning to read defenses when they were 1-3, and Culpepper is in his what 8th or so year and still has trouble reading the back of a cereal box.

SNR
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah, Culpepper's about to turn into Brady and lead them to the Super Bowl. Except that Brady was still young and adjusting to the NFL and learning to read defenses when they were 1-3, and Culpepper is in his what 8th or so year and still has trouble reading the back of a cereal box.Hell, Culpepper still has trouble reading the FRONT of a cereal box

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
From what I have seen of Culpepper this year..He will have no clue on how to read your boy belichicks sophisticated defensive secondary..

I think the Patriots have to get a wide receiver who can stretch the field for Brady..or tell Chad Jackson to get his ass in gear..If the Patriots have a lead, they can get by with what they have..but if they have to play from behind,like against the Broncos..And become one dimensional..they will continue to have problems..

If the Patriots take the lead in this game,I think it's over..JMO..

We actually have perfectly fine WRs. They just need more time to get into sync with Brady. Once that happens, we're fine.

Little known stat -- we're currently 4th in the NFL in total offense...

StcChief
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
It's the Florida Sun.....kinda like the desert Sun in AZ.

After the SI preseason pick, they should have known they are doomed.

Pats will win AFCE. Buff 2nd, they battle the Jets for last.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 02:08 PM
We actually have perfectly fine WRs. They just need more time to get into sync with Brady. Once that happens, we're fine.

Little known stat -- we're currently 4th in the NFL in total offense...
Troy Brown and then who??Chad Jackson is an unproven rookie..statistics after 4 games mean nothing..your a smart guy..you should know that..

You guys have great tight ends though!!!

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Troy Brown and then who??Chad Jackson is an unproven rookie..statistics after 4 games mean nothing..your a smart guy..you should know that..

Gabriel and Caldwell will work out fine, if (1) they stay healthy (especially relevant for Caldwell) and (2) they can get on the same page as Brady.

We won the Super Bowl in 2001 with David Patten, Troy Brown and Freddy "Boom Boom" Coleman.

And Antowain Smith as RB.

And 2nd year Brady as opposed to 6th year or whatever Brady.

And an OLine that probably isn't as talented as what we have now, and TEs that definitely are not as talented as what we have now.

I think, overall, our offense is "good enough" to get the job done. I agree, our WRs aren't as good as last year, but I think we make up for it in other areas.

patteeu
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM

Doug Gabriel?

leothedog69
10-05-2006, 02:44 PM
I predict...The Niners and the Dolphins will play in the Super Bowl.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Gabriel and Caldwell will work out fine, if (1) they stay healthy (especially relevant for Caldwell) and (2) they can get on the same page as Brady.

We won the Super Bowl in 2001 with David Patten, Troy Brown and Freddy "Boom Boom" Coleman.

And Antowain Smith as RB.

And 2nd year Brady as opposed to 6th year or whatever Brady.

And an OLine that probably isn't as talented as what we have now, and TEs that definitely are not as talented as what we have now.

I think, overall, our offense is "good enough" to get the job done. I agree, our WRs aren't as good as last year, but I think we make up for it in other areas.
Good points..Brady ultimately is the key though..

And that huge offensive line and the 2 headed monster Dillon/Maroney

Spott
10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
I think what the phins fans meant was that there will be plenty of Dolphins players at the Super Bowl, being that the game is in Miami this year. They should all have good seats to the game and should be in great shape after having the entire month of January to rest up.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I think what the phins fans meant was that there will be plenty of Dolphins players at the Super Bowl, being that the game is in Miami this year. They should all have good seats to the game and should be in great shape after having the entire month of January to rest up.
Heh..well said Spott!!!!

Amnorix
10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Good points..Brady ultimately is the key though..

And that huge offensive line and the 2 headed monster Dillon/Maroney

Brady is the key, no argument there.

Dillon/Maroney is a 2 headed monster. I can't say how much I love it. NE hasn't had a running game like this in a LOOONG time. Maroney is electrifying.

O-Line isn't huge. 305 pounds across the board, except for the right tackle of the day, most of which are in the 320'ish range. We have a 3 man rotation over there, sorta kinda.

It's the defensive front 7 that are huge.

Bill Parcells
10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Brady is the key, no argument there.

Dillon/Maroney is a 2 headed monster. I can't say how much I love it. NE hasn't had a running game like this in a LOOONG time. Maroney is electrifying.

O-Line isn't huge. 305 pounds across the board, except for the right tackle of the day, most of which are in the 320'ish range. We have a 3 man rotation over there, sorta kinda.
Dude..I was at the game 2 and a half weeks ago..The Patriots offensive line looked way bigger than any lineman the Jets had out there..

I meant literally with my eyes..not the scale ;)