PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green out another 3 or 4 weeks

Mr. Laz
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM
according to Mark canninezzo on Cold Pizza.....

"i just got off the phone minutes ago with Herm Edwards and looks like they are going to have to go with Huard because Green is going to be out for the next 3 or 4 weeks"

if correct that would put Green back in around san diego or seattle, i guess.

Oct 8 @Arizona 4:05pm 125 110
Oct 15 @Pittsburgh 4:15pm 107 123
Oct 22 San Diego 1:00pm 152 123
Oct 29 Seattle 1:00pm 158 117
Nov 5 @St. Louis 1:00pm 152 117

Bowser
10-05-2006, 09:32 AM
I have zero problem with that. In fact, I would rather Trent not make his comeback vs. the Steelers AT Pittsburgh.

HemiEd
That would be nice if he was back for the SD thrashing.

siberian khatru
Next week it will be 3-4 more weeks. The week after that it will be 3-4 more weeks. The week after that ...

FAX
10-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Next week it will be 3-4 more weeks. The week after that it will be 3-4 more weeks. The week after that ...

Exactly, Mr. siberian khatru.

Everyone has said that there is really no way to know when he might return. This speculation has become somewhat tedious.

Given that, I'm wondering if "Downfield Damon" will continue to improve or have we seen him at the top of his game already.

FAX

Dark Horse
10-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Exactly, Mr. siberian khatru.

Everyone has said that there is really no way to know when he might return. This speculation has become somewhat tedious.

Given that, I'm wondering if "Downfield Damon" will continue to improve or have we seen him at the top of his game already.

FAX
It could be he is another Rich Gannon, career back up who finaly gets his chance.

Cochise
10-05-2006, 09:41 AM

Just more spin and smokescreens coming from 1 Arrowhead Drive [/ominous poster voice]

Woodrow Call
10-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm beginning to get a little nervous about Green's return. On the bright side I think Huard and the D can get the Chiefs a win in atleast 2 of the next 3 games. Should beat Arz and SD at home. If Big Ben keeps playing like Plummer, the Chiefs have a chance at Pitt.

I like the Chiefs schedule the rest of the way.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Trent Green comes back to stand along the sideline & Rich Scalon gets hurt and deactivated. Not saying that Rich is in a Trent Green suit, but if anybody could pull it off....

DMAC
10-05-2006, 09:45 AM
As long as he is on the sidelines calling plays, that's good enough for me.

Logical
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
according to Mark canninezzo on Cold Pizza.....

"i just got off the phone minutes ago with Herm Edwards and looks like they are going to have to go with Huard because Green is going to be out for the next 3 or 4 weeks"

if correct that would put Green back in around san diego or seattle, i guess.

Oct 8 @Arizona 4:05pm 125 110
Oct 15 @Pittsburgh 4:15pm 107 123
Oct 22 San Diego 1:00pm 152 123
Oct 29 Seattle 1:00pm 158 117
Nov 5 @St. Louis 1:00pm 152 117

I would read that a likely return for either Seattle or St Louis, how am I miss reading it?

DMAC
10-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I would read that a likely return for either Seattle or St Louis, how am I miss reading it?Yeah, he is OUT 3-4, not "due to be back" in 3-4.

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Just more spin and smokescreens coming from 1 Arrowhead Drive [/ominous poster voice]

Heh.

No conspiracy, though. Just seems to me they don't know when he's coming back. They should just say that, rather than keep pushing it back each time they comment. Maybe they feel an open-ended situation sounds too ominous. But I think the anxiety grows worse when you keep hearing 3-4 weeks every week.

the Talking Can
10-05-2006, 10:12 AM
dude's brain was seriously scrambled...

InChiefsHell
10-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Man. I'm surprised he's going to be out that long. He must really have gotten his bell rung. I hope he travels with the team and can keep doing his thing on the sidelines...

Iowanian
10-05-2006, 10:15 AM
There is one poster, who may have some believable opinion after last weekend. I'll go with that.

Dark Horse
10-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Speaking of conspiracy perhaps Trent is seeing the same DR that Holmes is and he is a closet Bronco's fan.
Trent says Doc I feel great no symtoms since I got out of the hospital. I've had a chance to really study film and have come up with some great plays for when we face Denver again. With the rest I've gotten I feel really refreshed and stronger than when the season started.
Doc says Trent you can never tell about these things it's best that you just stay on the sidelines for at least a few more weeks. Have you given any thought to retirement? And when you see Larry Johnson again ask him to stop by and see me, I saw him take a shot the other day and you never can be too careful.
Nurse steps in, Doctor, Willie Roaf is here for his appointment.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I would read that a likely return for either Seattle or St Louis, how am I miss reading it?

depends on whether they consider this weeks Arizona game as part of the "more weeks"

i figured since we hadn't played it yet that it was considered a "future week" :shrug:

Rain Man
10-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Does Trent need to be at 100% of his normal brain activity to come back, or could he be cleared at a lower level, like, for instance, Jake Plummer's brain activity or even Todd Marinovich's?

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Does Trent need to be at 100% of his normal brain activity to come back, or could he be cleared at a lower level, like, for instance, Jake Plummer's brain activity or even Todd Marinovich's?

That would be an interesting science experiment: Who killed more brain cells, Marijuanovich or Green?

hawkchief
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM

His neurologist says Trent is currently rating out at about a Terry Bradshaw level. Doesn't sound too good, does it?

FAX
10-05-2006, 10:48 AM
His neurologist says Trent is currently rating out at about a Terry Bradshaw level. Doesn't sound too good, does it?

LMAO

FAX

Demonpenz
10-05-2006, 10:49 AM
typical karl. Gets everyone riled upa bout a 49ers victory only to pull back the curtains and unviel this carnival of bs

bogie
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Not surprising. Fortunately, our D is improved. I feel our O weapons, improved play calling and game planning with Huard's strengths or weakness in mind is enough to keep us respectable. We are playoff bound.

scott free
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
It could be he is another Rich Gannon, career back up who finaly gets his chance.
That would be all i could hope for if its gonna be 3-4 more weeks.

Rain Man
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM

Wow. It was even more serious than I thought.

Frazod
10-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey, I've always wanted to drive 500 miles to see Damon Huard play in person.... er... um...

:deevee:

Braincase
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM

Damn... it'll be weeks before he reaches the Jerry Quarry level. Dammit Carl!

chiefqueen
10-05-2006, 11:31 AM

There a logical explanation, you're watching Cold Pizza and your IQ temporarily drops to that of Woody's.

chiefqueen
10-05-2006, 11:35 AM

But Trent replied "Doc, I can say complete sentences. Have you ever seen Bradshaw on FOX NFL Sunday?"

chiefsfan1963
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
damon has the opportunity to go beyond the call of duty this season.

it is quite possible that Trent could be out for more than half the season maybe all of it.

this truly could be a cinderalla story for chiefs fans and sports fans in general. can you imagine Chiefs start off 0-2, make the playoffs, reach the SB and win it with Huard?

that would be right up there with the Bosox's finally winning a World Series after 85 years!

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I told you guys he got hurt a lot worse than everyone was saying in the media-but nobody would listen.

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2006, 11:55 AM

it is quite possible that Trent could be out for more than half the season maybe all of it.

this truly could be a cinderalla story for chiefs fans and sports fans in general. can you imagine Chiefs start off 0-2, make the playoffs, reach the SB and win it with Huard?

that would be right up there with the Bosox's finally winning a World Series after 85 years!
While I'd be thrilled as a Chiefs fan, I'd be absolutely crushed for Trent... can you imagine, being the QB that went down TWICE to watch the backup lead his team to win the SB?

RedThat
10-05-2006, 11:55 AM
I told you guys he got hurt a lot worse than everyone was saying in the media-but nobody would listen.

There is no doubt that easily looked like a 4-6 week injury. Now can a 6-8 week injury be in the making?

NewChief
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM

Oh yeah. You and your reliable friend's mom source who is also privy to the inner workings of Trent's whole family. Man, we should have believed you all along! By the way, I talked to my brother-in-law who lives in Kansas City, and he said your rumors are stupid.

CoMoChief
10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Id just rather have him come back against the Rams. The Rams suck on defense, Trent should have a nice game, hopefully he's in playing shape by then.

PastorMikH
10-05-2006, 12:00 PM
They have been saying that they thought he might be back for Pittsburg, SD is only one week off of that.

Personally, with our O-Line and the Pitts D, I think I'd rather that not be the game Trent comes back for anyway. On the road, rusty, and with our O-Line, I'd rather Pittsburg not be the team Trent comes back to face first time back out.

SD's D could be just as nasty, but that game will be at home instead of on the road and the W against a Div Rival is a tad more important than another AFC Div team. Besides with one loss so far, the Chargers are already bickering at each other and at Marty so who knows where they will be by then.

Besides, by then Huard will either have us in the hunt and will have what it takes to lead us to victory over Pitts or he will have tanked and we won't have much of a shot anyway. I think Huard will be fine though.

RedThat
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
They have been saying that he might be back for Pittsburg, SD is only one week off of that.

Personally, with our O-Line and the Pitts D, I think I'd rather that not be the game Trent comes back for anyway. On the road, rusty, and with our O-Line, I'd rather Pittsburg not be the team Trent comes back to face first time back out.

SD's D could be just as nasty, but that game will be at home instead of on the road and the W against a Div Rival is a tad more important than another AFC Div team. Besides with one loss so far, the Chargers are already bickering at each other and at Marty so who knows where they will be by then.

With those 2 defenses, do you think it would be smart if the Chiefs just stuck with a conservative gameplan? Like the one they did against Denver?

Id be running the ball, and throwing in some extra, extra blockers.

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah. You and your reliable friend's mom source who is also privy to the inner workings of Trent's whole family. Man, we should have believed you all along! By the way, I talked to my brother-in-law who lives in Kansas City, and he said your rumors are stupid.

Dude you are taking that as I was slamming Trent-my favorite player BTW- I was only repeating what I heard. My friend is having surgery to remove his gallblader today by the same doctors office Trent went to. I really hope this fixes his medical problems-he has been in a lot of pain.

As far as privy to the inner workings of TG family-I never once said that. All the info that was overheard was in the first week after it happened-so I am sure cooler heads have prevailed. Hell they were worried about Trent-can't really blame them for thinking he might have been done when he is laying in a hospitol bed with brain swelling.

boogblaster
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
As it goes now Huard is doing his job..Green could take more time off if that would help his recovery..we dont need him hurrying back and go down again.....

TinyEvel
10-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I smell a QB controversy in KC.....

PSYCHE!

NewChief
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Dude you are taking that as I was slamming Trent-my favorite player BTW- I was only repeating what I heard.

I wasn't taking it as a slam on Trent. I was taking it as you repeating and repeatedly defending rumors that are completely bunk, and which I tried to tell you were completely bunk.

As far as privy to the inner workings of TG family-I never once said that. All the info that was overheard was in the first week after it happened-so I am sure cooler heads have prevailed. Hell they were worried about Trent-can't really blame them for thinking he might have been done when he is laying in a hospitol bed with brain swelling.

See the above. You kept saying that his entire family wants him to quit the game because your friend's mom overheard his family urging that. I just found the fact that your friend's mom knows how his family feels to be funny. I realize you think you're being a good guy with all your information, but I'm telling you that there are people on this board that have closer, more reliable sources than yours (and I'm one of them). When your "sources" are putting out information that I know to be patently false, I'm going to step up and call you on it.

PastorMikH
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
With those 2 defenses, do you think it would be smart if the Chiefs just stuck with a conservative gameplan? Like the one they did against Denver?

Id be running the ball, and throwing in some extra, extra blockers.

Looking at those 2 offenses and the way they are playing right now, if our D plays like it has so far, we won't need many points.

However, I think if I were HC, I might be temtped to open things up more with Huard in there than I would with Trent in his first game back. Fear of Trent getting hurt again would linger in the back of my mind.

I also think if we lock into just running the ball against Pitts and SD, they will do a much better job of shutting LJ down than SF did. We will need to pass the ball around, and keep the attack balanced between the run and pass.

JohnnyV13
10-05-2006, 12:20 PM

That is some really funky kool aid you're drinking. Did you spike that with LSD back in the sixties?

Dartgod
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM

WAKE UP!!!

JohnnyV13
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not surprised that the Chiefs are being cautious with Trent's injury. I happen to know most of the Chiefs medical staff, since the majority of them used to be docs at Baptist Hospital in Kansas City, and my dad was a physician there for over 30 years.

Dr. Browne, in fact, did my knee surgery well before he became the chiefs' team doctor. It's not that I "hear" things, these guys are very professional and won't even gossip to their doctor buddies about the health of players. But, I do know these guys aren't the kind of docs that will compromise their duty to the players in the interest of the team.

(Though I HAVE run into players in the elevator while going to see my dad. Before he retired, his office was in the same medical building as most of the chiefs docs)

You're not going to see a player with a concussion strap it up and go in the second half of a game like Deion Sanders did when he was with the cowboys.

Recently, reports came that Brett Favre had a "mild" concussion but is playing next week. That is highly unlikely to happen with the chiefs medical staff.

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Call me on what? I never stated it as fact-just repeated what I heard. Since TG is still out-it makes the point that he was hurt a lot worse than the media was stating-and that was EXACTLY my point.

My friend has some serious medical problems and has a lot more important things to worry about than starting rumors.

Overhearing talk in the waiting room is not the same as knowing how the family FEELS-and once again I never said that.

hawkchief
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Geez people, Trent had a SERIOUS BRAIN INJURY. He couldn't fricking drive a car for 3 weeks after he was hurt, and claims he still gets woozy after a few hours activity. It is going to be a while, if indeed he ever plays football again. The longer this lasts, the less likely he ever plays again (which is my bet). Counting the hours is frivolous, as I suspect his doctors don't yet know his final prognosis.

sedated
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
We will rally around Damon Huard, and we will...play...good...football

Dartgod
10-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Geez people, Trent had a SERIOUS BRAIN INJURY. He couldn't fricking drive a car for 3 weeks after he was hurt, and claims he still gets woozy after a few hours activity. It is going to be a while, if indeed he ever plays football again. The longer this lasts, the less likely he ever plays again (which is my bet). Counting the hours is frivolous, as I suspect his doctors don't yet know his final prognosis.Cripes! Sounds like we need to downgrade him on the Trent Green Brain-O-Meter thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149108) to below Terry Bradshaw's level.

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
We will rally aroung Damon Huard, and we will...play...good...football

You're spinning your wheels.

InChiefsHell
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
You're spinning your wheels.

You've got to learn to handle it...ok? You've got to learn to handle your own intensity...

TN_Chief
10-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah...coming back against SD would be a fine idea. Enjoy meeting Sean Merriman all over again.

I can't think of a worse team to come back against...a division rival (they'll be fired up for the game) with an ex-Chiefs coach (always good to beat your old team) that has a nasty pass rush (the aforementioned Mr. Merriman).

vailpass
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
There is one poster, who may have some believable opinion after last weekend. I'll go with that.

I suspect if New Chief were to be perfectly forthcoming he would have a report that most on this board would not want to hear.

NewChief
10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I suspect if New Chief were to be perfectly forthcoming he would have a report that most on this board would not want to hear.

Heh. Called out. In all honesty, I (and afaik Trent) has basically the same information as has been put out. Who knows, a doctor may tell him in a week that he should never play again. At this point, no doctor has told him that, and the information that he's receiving from the doctors is being passed on accurately to the media then the public.

What I do know is that there's no inside knowledge that he's hurt much worse than has already been reported and Carl is doing some huge coverup to tantalize the fans. There's no big push from his family to never play again, either, and Trent has every intention of coming back as soon as possible, which it looks like will be 3-4 weeks at this point.