PDA

View Full Version : Alex Stepanovich, Cardinals' center...

CupidStunt
10-05-2006, 01:40 PM
...is apparently absolute dogshit, according to Cardinal fans.

If James Reed (and/or Ron Edwards) can't get some pressure, make some plays or just look active in this game, I will begin to doubt his future as a starter for this team.

Someone's inevitablly going to say "but look at our ranking, he's fine", and that's true to a point. We're fine, he's fine. But I'd like to see us get the best out of the position.

The reason I bring it up is because we've faced some pretty solid interiors so far with the likes of Tom Nalen and Steinbach, etc. Even the Niners have talent there.

This is a matchup I now expect us to dominate, not just exploit. Unless AZ fans are overexaggerating. I can't say I've cared to watch the Cardinals this season.

StcChief
10-05-2006, 01:42 PM
The Rams abused him a few weeks ago, if that tells you anything.

CupidStunt
10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
La'Roi Glover
Claude Wroten

Who else do they have playing DT?

Like I said, I haven't seen him play. But every Cardinals fan I talk to (like... one) mentions him as one of the first things to look out for.

Chief Nute
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
LMFAO! I had no idea that Stepanovich had a starting gig in the NFL.

I am from Columbus, OH....where Alex played his college ball at OSU. Stepanovich was part of one of the most overrated O-Lines in the history of college football. He was the center in 2002 when we won the National Championship, was "opening holes" for Maurice Clarett. Truth was.....Maurice was so good, it didnt matter if I was playing on the O-Line, he was going to get his yards. Lydell Ross was the running back for most of Stepanovich's tenure at OSU, he had probably the worst stats of any OSU running back in my lifetime. The line was flat out bad. Good thing Craig Krenzel was mobile, or we wouldnt have had a chance at the National Championship. But if any of you remember, it wasnt the offense that won that NC it was our great defense. The offense was pathetic back in the early 2000's.

So yea....hopefully our Chiefs can take advantage of a bad spot on the Cards line......cuz they aint lying....he is that bad.

TinyEvel
10-05-2006, 02:33 PM
So can we officially dub him "steppinoverthabich" ?

CupidStunt
10-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I never realized the kid was THAT bad.

Thought he was an okay prospect in the 4th round.

Chief Nute
10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Yea, I would describe him as pretty smart, not very athletic, doesnt move real well, does a pretty decent job of pass blocking because he is a load with a good base, horrible run blocker.

I guess that is why the Cardinals havent had a good running game for a few years now....or at least I am sure he is contributing to the bad running game.

StcChief
10-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Our chance for Edwards/Reed to shine against this load of goo. Stunts should work if he doesn't move well.

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Reed has 14 tackles thus far. He's a solid DT...

BigRock
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
LMAO LMAO

I'm not laughing about Reed, I'm laughing about Sims. He only had 15 tackles for the whole year in his last healthy season ('04). Good lord, Reed is like a Hall of Famer compared to the crap we've had.

the Talking Can
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM

he's ****ing Brasky compared to Sims....our DL should raise some hell Sunday