PDA

View Full Version : PIT @ SD will be a must-watch for us

CupidStunt
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Hopefully San Diego loses, of course. But I'm keen to see how both teams play. We get Pittsburgh the week after Arizona and the Chargers may be a chief rival for the wildcard. But on the other hand, Pittsburgh may also be a wildcard competitor if we assume one of Baltimore or Cincy wins the AFC North.

1-3 puts the Steelers in a big hole.

And I think that's what will happen.

Predictions?

StcChief
10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
I like SD chances at home (even with Martyball).

Steelers look like once and done SB winners.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-06-2006, 11:06 AM
I hope the Steelers win. It is already going to be tough to beat them at home, but factor in them being 1-3 and fighting for their lives that compounds it. Plus Sanny Vagina is a rival.

CupidStunt
10-06-2006, 11:06 AM
It'd be early to write them off but, without even looking at the out-of-division schedule, Baltimore twice AND Cincy on the road with 3 losses?

I wouldn't bet on their chances.

Basileus777
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
It will be all about Big Ben. If he plays well the Steelers will win, if not their chances are pretty poor. I would expect a defensive game unless Ben breaks out. Rivers won't have an easy time reading LeBeau's defensive schemes and Tomlinson will be contained. Willie Parker will struggle except on a few intermediate length runs. Coming off the buy should also guy the Steelers an advantage.

I think Ben has a decent game, good enough for the Steelers to win 20-13.

FAX
This could be a 0 to 0 tie.

I'm going with the Steelers by 3.

FAX

MichaelH
It's hard to pick who I want to win, or lose. I want the Chargers to lose to keep them in check in the AFC. But I want Pittsburgh to lose to shut up my coworker. He's a diehard Steelers fan and wears a Bradshaw jersey to work everytime they win. He thinks they're better this year than last and thinks Big Ben is the best QB alive.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't keep up with the Steelers. The Bus is gone & Hines Ward has a lingering hamstring problem

ChiefsfaninPA
10-06-2006, 11:15 AM
It's hard to pick who I want to win, or lose. I want the Chargers to lose to keep them in check in the AFC. But I want Pittsburgh to lose to shut up my coworker. He's a diehard Steelers fan and wears a Bradshaw jersey to work everytime they win. He thinks they're better this year than last and thinks Big Ben is the best QB alive.

I work with a bunch of these idiots day in and day out, I know the feeling.

PunkinDrublic
10-06-2006, 11:22 AM
San Diego has yet to beat a legitimate team this year. They've been very overrated. Steelers take this one.

CupidStunt
10-06-2006, 11:24 AM
San Diego has yet to beat a legitimate team this year.

But neither has Pittsburgh. The win vs. Miami looked OK at the time. Now it's clear that any team would've won that matchup, even the fricken Texans.

Basileus777
10-06-2006, 11:28 AM
But neither has Pittsburgh. The win vs. Miami looked OK at the time. Now it's clear that any team would've won that matchup, even the fricken Texans.

Not the Titans. :)

But Pittburgh isn't is the same situation as the Chargers. They don't need to prove that they are contenders, they are the defending Superbowl champs. We know what the Steelers can do if Ben is healthy and playing up to his usual standards. The Chargers were only an average team last year and need to prove that they are for real this year. Losing close games to good teams and blowing out terrible teams is the exact same thing the Chargers did last year.

kaplin42
10-06-2006, 11:30 AM
The Steelers need to win point blank. As mentioned before it keeps SD in check in the division, and the last thing we want is to face a Steeler team with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Rivers did alright in the first half of last weeks game, but Marty hasn't really given him a chance, and thus he is unproven. Unfortunately, the Steelers are the wrong team to test your new QB out with. If Ben regains any semblance of last years composure, the Steelers will win.

Bowser
10-06-2006, 11:30 AM
San Diego is going to bust them up. Ben came back way too early, Hines has a bad hammy, and the Chargers have been getting ripped nationally and locally for playing in a shell last week.

Chargers will win big, as much as I hate to say it.

PunkinDrublic
10-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Is that right I haven't been following what the Steelers have been doing this year? I just think that if this is a must win game for the Steelers, they'll find a way to pull this one out. I think Pittsburgh can slow down Tomlinson and take advantage of an inexperienced Rivers. It will be a good game much like last year.

the Talking Can
10-06-2006, 01:23 PM
have to root for the Steelers...our best bet of getting in is winning the division...

I think the Chargers would have been a much better team had they kept Brees.

runnercyclist
10-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I'd like to see Pittsburgh win a close game with numerous, non career threatening injuries to their D.

I took the Squeelers plus 3 1/2.

OldTownChief
10-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't want to talk wild card yet. We need SD to lose and we take it ti Pitt the following week. WE CAN WIN THIS DIVISION.