PDA

View Full Version : Just so no to Dick Vermiel if we must give up compensation...

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:00 PM
SHEEEIIIITE!

That should say... Just say no...

I can't bare the thought of giving up draft choices for a 64 year old coach.

I don't like the thought of Al Saunders either. I don't know a lot about him, but I do know that he was once the head coach of the Chargers and never been given a head coaching position since then.

We now know that Gun is outta here, so why not go after a young coach that will not require us to give his former team compensation?

My first choice would be Bob Stoops out of Oklahoma. Some may scoff at this notion, but hey... money talks. You offer him enough cheese and he can't say no. He seems to be an excellent coach, especially on game day. His Oklahoma team is ALWAYS prepared.

If not stoops, the Wisconsin head coach would be a very good candidate.

If not him, a young coordinator from the staff of another successful NFL team.

I just not really sold on the idea of Dickey Vermiel.

I am very happy about the current staff being 86'd though.
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/Peterson2.jpg I've always said this and I still believe it... Kansas City has the best fans in the NFL.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 01-04-2001).]

Red and Gold Mania
01-04-2001, 09:03 PM
Exactly. Both Vermeil and Saunders had a LOT of talent and speed in ST.L. I also wanted a young coach(Davis from Miami, Stoops or Neuhaisel). Hate to give out the draft picks since we have so many glaring needs everywhere.

One good thing about this. Stock, Raye and Schott will be calling U-Haul numbers soon.<BR>

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:09 PM
Another thing I that puts me off about the Vermiel thing is that it just seems to be another one of those "good ole boy" decisions. Peterson wants a "big name", but he's friends with this guy.

I just want a clean start with a fresh new staff. I'm tired of these retreads.

gh4chiefs
01-04-2001, 09:10 PM
If the latest news reports are true Cannibal we may not have to worry about it. I tend to agree, I'm not sure Vermeil is worth giving up draft picks for. Don't get me wrong, love to see Gun gone, and I'm okay with Vermeil, but not at the expense of draft picks. If they can float some money St Louis' way, fine.

------------------
Gary

Red and Gold Mania
01-04-2001, 09:13 PM
The guy wanted Cade McNown and Curtis Enis badly. Anybody remembers Lawrence Phillips? That was Dick's boy too.
His record was bad before Hakim, Holt and Faulk came on board.I don't like this move from Peterson.

P.S. Hopefully Chester the Capmolester and Williams will stop jumping offsides. :mad:

[This message has been edited by Red and Gold Mania (edited 01-04-2001).]

Red and Gold Mania
01-04-2001, 09:17 PM
I think they should have presented an offer to Butch Davis from Miami. The 'Canes are always ready to play and well prepared + Butch had the NFL experience from Dallas Cowboys and Jimmy Johnson. But this is Miami Cane speaking. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:18 PM
Hey I like Butch Davis as well.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/Peterson2.jpg I've always said this and I still believe it... Kansas City has the best fans in the NFL.

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:25 PM
test

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/player7475.jpg

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

Red and Gold Mania
01-04-2001, 09:33 PM
hahaha. :D.

Brock
01-04-2001, 09:39 PM
Red and Gold

Vermeil did not draft Larry P. Whether he wanted Curtis Enis or Cade McNown is immaterial. The bottom line is he did his job and delivered a Super Bowl. BTW, the Rams had Faulk, Warner, Holt, etc. this year too and still couldn't get it done. Whatever Vermeil's faults may have been, I'm sure 1999 was a learning experience for him.

Chiefnj
01-04-2001, 09:48 PM
I'm a big Carl basher but in this case he deserves tons of credit.

First, (if the rumors are true) he considered some great coaching candidates - Vermeil and Neuheisel. Vermeil is more powerful than Peterson and is a proven winner. He showed that he could change his style and adjust to the players of today. Neuheisel also has a proven track record and is supposedly a very good motivator. If I'm not mistaken he is undefeated in Bowl games, so he can handle big game pressure.

Second, in the case of Vermeil, Carl supposedly found loopholes in the Rams contract so we don't have to pay compensation. Whether or not Carl's interpretation is accepted or not, it's nice to see Carl acting like a SOB to the Rams.

I'd be more than happy with either guy. I'd lean towards Vermeil as long as we don't have to give up a first round pick. I think I could live with losing one second rounder if need be.

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:51 PM
Hey Cannibal,

You better change that signature, you might offend fat people!...LOL

I'm gonna start a thread!!

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:58 PM
You're probably right.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/player7475.jpg

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

milkman
01-06-2001, 09:25 AM
I agree with the original point if this thread. I have my doubts about Vermeil and Saunders. I sure as hell don't want to give up a draft pick for Vermeil.
At least Gonnther, The 3 Stooges, and Limp Willie are outahere!

Idahojim
01-06-2001, 09:46 AM
Let's throw the Rams some cash or one of the Marty draft picks and get on with it. I know Vermeil has his critics, but facts are facts. How many times have the Chiefs been to the Super Bowl since 1970? How many times has Vermeil taken a team to the Super Bowl since 1970 - even with a 15-year-or-so layoff?

He inherits a much better team than he got with the Rams. He and Carl have worked well together in the past.

I think a couple of years from now, we'll all be smiling.

There are other choices, but this one makes a lot of sense.

Mi_chief_fan
01-07-2001, 10:51 AM
I'll give Carl his props: he admitted, in his own way, that Gunther & the stooges were a mistake, and that he should have cleaned house after Marty left.

As far as the draft, it's been suggested that Kuharich & Stiles will be handling the draft & personnel decisions, which means that Carl is admitting that he can't do it alone. Maybe he'll point the ship in the right direction yet.

Let's give it a chance.

Bob Dole
01-07-2001, 11:03 AM
All Bob Dole knows is that Bob Dole is going to buy in to the "NFL Conspiracy Against Kansas City" theories if the commissioner agrees that we should give up the 12th pick in the draft in exchange for a $500k/year consultant.

The only comparative info Bob Dole has read was Green Bays <i>offer</i> of a 1st and 4th for Marty's services. Unfortunately, it was only an offer, and did not come to pass. Bob Dole doesn't see that as precedent of anything, other than a compensation discussion.

The other issue is value, and there's no way in hell that a 4 year contract worth a total of $2 million is comparable to a 12th pick overall. The d@mned signing bonus alone on a #12 pick exceeds the total value of the consultation agreement.