PDA

View Full Version : Ick. I think MU loses tomorrow.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Going to T Tech, who is getting one of their top WRs back. MU lost a starting corner for the season with a knee injury and has little depth at the position. That wouldn't be so bad if they could get pressure, but their top DT is also out with a broken foot. The offense will make plays, but will turn the ball over as well. The defense will have chances to create turnovers, but won't capitalize (they've dropped several easy pick 6's this season).

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong about the outcome.

DMAC
10-06-2006, 10:46 PM
You may be right...

Coaching will play a great deal in tomorrows outcome. I think it will be a close game and obviously MU's biggest test to date.

If they keep it close, and competitive, my hopes will stay high.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2006, 10:51 PM
You may be right...

Coaching will play a great deal in tomorrows outcome. I think it will be a close game and obviously MU's biggest test to date.

If they keep it close, and competitive, my hopes will stay high.Thanks. I'll take all the positivity that I can get.

Woodrow Call
10-06-2006, 10:53 PM
The injuries are troublesome but I think the Tigers have good depth and enough playmakers left to slow Tech down a little. The offense will score just enough behind a huge game by Temple to eek out a close victory.

I'm gonna say 35-31 MU. :homer:

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2006, 10:55 PM
The injuries are troublesome but I think the Tigers have good depth and enough playmakers left to slow Tech down a little. The offense will score just enough behind a huge game by Temple to eek out a close victory.

I'm gonna say 35-31 MU. :homer:Man, I hope we can, and do, run the ball. Our backs should get a ton of carries.

Frazod
10-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Of course I hope for a win. But I'll be satisfied if they're competitive. A good showing on the road against TT would give me hope for when the Sooners come to town.

Time to see if we can piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.

A Michigan fan was giving me shit at work today about Missouri. She (very arrogantly) said, "Well, is YOUR team undefeated?" And I enjoyed being able to answer "Why YES, they are."

It would be nice to be able to say that for a bit longer.

Give 'em hell tomorrow, guys. :thumb:

Rausch
10-07-2006, 12:29 AM
You're wrong.

This will be the first chance this season to prove their record is legit. While T-Tech isn't Fla State or Nebraska level school a win should definitely rank them and give proof they're in the same league with the big boys this year...

KcMizzou
10-07-2006, 12:30 AM
You're not alone. I have a bad feeling about this game as well.

Bowser
10-07-2006, 12:44 AM
This is MU's chance to prove they are for real. Yeah they're banged up, but they can't be thinking of the excuses already. I think they have more of a chance in this game than most are giving them*.

I've been waiting for THIS GAME ever since Pinkel got here from Toledo.

No more doing just enough to be OK. Time to prove you and your team are for real, Pinkel.

*Of course, I have been known to be the kiss of death in predictions. So hopefully they won't go out and lose by 28+.

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 01:01 AM
I think they have a great chance if they can keep that turnover ratio = or +.

I don't know the future but I know I enjoy watching this team. Even with the injuries there is a lot of talent that can do a lot of good things.

Go Tigers.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 01:28 AM
It looks like another CB, Trenile Washington, will be out as well. I wonder if some of our O-linemen can play CB?

tyton75
10-07-2006, 05:43 AM
I actually had a dream about this last night... MU goes up early; then has to hang on for the win... in the dream I think we ended up winning by some odd number.. think we won by 5

Skip Towne
10-07-2006, 06:17 AM
I think MU has a very good chance. The oddsmakers do too. They have TT by 4.

KChiefs1
10-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Chase Daniel will lead them to victory in Lubbock.

crispystl420
10-07-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm a little nervous, but I don't feel an inevitable loss coming like during the Kirk Farmer years. God, what a piece of shit. I guess what I'm syaing is aside form my doubts I'm more confident in this tigers team than any I can remember. I think the program is definetly on the rise.

Skip Towne
10-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Is this game on TV? :KU: vs aTm on Fox Sports Midwest @ 11:00 AM.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Is this game on TV? :KU: vs aTm on Fox Sports Midwest @ 11:00 AM.TBS tonight at 6, I think.

Spott
10-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Damn, Comcast here doesn't carry TBS.

Cochise
10-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Obviously you have to feel like we're going to get a shootout with these two teams playing. It should be fun to watch, a couple of sophomore gunslingers just dueling.

Hopefully our defense can put up a good fight, they looked spotty against Colorado at times.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Obviously you have to feel like we're going to get a shootout with these two teams playing. It should be fun to watch, a couple of sophomore gunslingers just dueling.

Hopefully our defense can put up a good fight, they looked spotty against Colorado at times.I think we'll look a little more spotty today. I guess we'll see.

redbrian
10-07-2006, 01:44 PM
You're wrong.

This will be the first chance this season to prove their record is legit. While T-Tech isn't Fla State or Nebraska level school a win should definitely rank them and give proof they're in the same league with the big boys this year...

This year T-Tech is a far better team than NE, NE got exposed big time last week.

This is a tough road game for MU, one they could win, but they will need to play a error free game to win.

Cochise
10-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I think we find out about Nebraska this week. If they win in Ames, you can consider Kansas an outlier maybe. But if they lose, then maybe Nebraska starts to look like a paper tiger.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I think we find out about Nebraska this week. If they win in Ames, you can consider Kansas an outlier maybe. But if they lose, then maybe Nebraska starts to look like a paper tiger.Beating ISU means nothing. Northern Iowa dominated ISU on both sides of the ball (in terms of line play).

Bugeater
10-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Beating ISU means nothing. Northern Iowa dominated ISU on both sides of the ball (in terms of line play).
Considering the fact that NU has only won 2 Big XII road games so far with Callahan, ANY road win means something.

Cochise
10-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Beating ISU means nothing. Northern Iowa dominated ISU on both sides of the ball (in terms of line play).

I thought ISU had beaten them 2 or 3 times in a row in Ames. I don't think Iowa State is any good or anything, their defense is supposedly sorry, but winning on the road is still something.

Bugeater
10-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I thought ISU had beaten them 2 or 3 times in a row in Ames. I don't think Iowa State is any good or anything, their defense is supposedly sorry, but winning on the road is still something.
NU hasn't won in Ames since 2000.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong.

Our D, even with all of the injuries, flat out showed up tonight. Two corners, one safety, and one DT out of the game and we came through with the win. Great win, Tigers!!!

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
M!!!!!!!

I!!!!!!!!

Z!!!!!!!

Rausch
10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong.

Our D, even with all of the injuries, flat out showed up tonight. Two corners, one safety, and one DT out of the game and we came through with the win. Great win, Tigers!!!

Told you so... :evil:

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Feels good.

KcMizzou
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Z!!!!!!!

O!!!!!!!

U!!!!!!!

PBJ

(I was wrong too :))

Rausch
10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Feels good.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/a/images/american-pie-2.jpg

KCinNY
As a lifelong MU fan....I was mentally prepared for a loss before the game and especially so after TT made it 24-21.

It's so unlike Mizzou to respond to adversity that well on the road.

Very proud and very excited about this team.

Go Mizzou!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frazod
WE ARE FOR REAL!
PBJ

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Told you so... :evil:Hey, I owe you a beer. Hell, I'm so happy, I'd buy a few rounds for the house.

dirk digler
10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Great game by Mizzou! I can't believe they are 6-0

PastorMikH
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I guess I didn't pay attention to Tech's record. I didn't think the Tigers would have much problem - even though a number of people over the last several days told me they would lose.

Never a doubt!

I'm looking forward to the OK game. At home, this may be tough even at home. If we get through that game, I'm thinking our first loss may come Dec 2 when we face Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.

:)

Spott
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I actually had a dream about this last night... MU goes up early; then has to hang on for the win... in the dream I think we ended up winning by some odd number.. think we won by 5

17 is an odd number.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 08:21 PM
And to all the Kansas you-haven't-played-anybody assholes - nlm

KcMizzou
10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
And to all the Kansas you-haven't-played-anybody assholes - nlmThey gave up a go-ahead TD with 34 seconds left today. Probably wont hear much anyway.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 08:23 PM
They gave up a go-ahead TD with 34 seconds left today. Probably wont hear much anyway.

Awww, too bad. :evil:

ExtremeChief
10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I couldn't be any prouder, especially when TT came back and got the lead down to 3. But the fold never happened, they dug in and pulled out the victory. Damn!

Sully
10-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Is it wrong that I'm not all that concerned about A&M?

Frazod
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Is it wrong that I'm not all that concerned about A&M?

YES. No letdowns/looking-ahead ambushes allowed, dammit.

KChiefs1
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Chase Daniel will lead them to victory in Lubbock.

I love being right!:D

KChiefs1
10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm looking forward to the OK game. At home, this may be tough even at home. If we get through that game, I'm thinking our first loss may come Dec 2 when we face Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.

:)

Mizzou will definitely be 8-0 going into the OU game...I don't see why Mizzou can't be undefeated going into the Big 12 Championship game & why do you think they'd lose in Arrowhead to Texas?

I'm thinking an undefeated Mizzou team facing off vs Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl!:eek:

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Mizzou will definitely be 8-0 going into the OU game...I don't see why Mizzou can't be undefeated going into the Big 12 Championship game & why do you think they'd lose in Arrowhead to Texas?

I'm thinking an undefeated Mizzou team facing off vs Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl!:eek:

Stop.

KChiefs1
10-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Stop.

I lost control there for a second...thanks for bringing me back to earth.:)

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I realized that we didn't get the cupcake Baylor game, but I didn't realize that we don't get the cupcake OSU game either. That sucks.

58-4ever
10-07-2006, 09:04 PM

Put down the controller and start watching real football. Although, I don't have much room to talk. My Sooners stunk it up REAL bad today.

andoman
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
What was with the Tech fans putting up the big "L" for loser sign all game? ;)

Frazod
10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I realized that we didn't get the cupcake Baylor game, but I didn't realize that we don't get the cupcake OSU game either. That sucks.

We don't need cupcake games. Save those for the Kansas teams; they need all the help they can get.

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Worry not....

Gayhawks/Purple Pu$$ies @ Faurot = cupcakes.

ChiTown
10-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Worry not....

13 straight..............bitch.

:evil:

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 09:53 PM
13 straight..............bitch.

:evil:

Just 13.....seriously, I thought it was more like 20 straight.

Spott
10-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Worry not....

I won't talk shit until if/when we beat them. We haven't beaten either in a few years, especially KSU.