PDA

View Full Version : With Vermeil is Trent Green IN and is Grbac OUT?

TEX
01-04-2001, 10:04 PM
Any takes here? If Grbac does not renegotiate his deal is he gone and do the Chiefs acquire Trent Green? He will cost, that's for sure but so will Grbac. I don't know Green's status, but we seem to now have extra picks that could be used to acquire him, and/or a legit feature RB. I'm just thinking out loud. Anyone else have an opinion or know about Trent Green's status?

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Maybe they try to work a put together a package that would allow us to hire Vermiel and take Trent Green off of their hands.

That would be a crazy proposition.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/player7475.jpg

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

morphius
01-04-2001, 10:09 PM
TX - They are upset about us signing their ex coach, there is no way they would trade him to us without trying to stick it to us.

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 10:13 PM
The Lambs need some playas on D in the worst way. I am sure they would be open to negotiations any team regarding the availability of Trent Green.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/player7475.jpg

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

TEX
01-04-2001, 10:18 PM
Is Green a Restricted Free Agent?

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 10:22 PM
First, why trade for Trent when he's not any better than Grbac? Second, why trade for Trent? Keep the draft picks and use them on actual holes in the team...

morphius
01-04-2001, 10:23 PM
TX - Nope, just need the cap space. He is not a FA, but is still under contract.

ck_IN
01-05-2001, 09:03 PM
Ok, I've asked this before and I'll ask again; What is this fascination with Trent Green?

He was the starter on a pretty bad IU team in college. He was <b>so</b> good in D.C. that they acquired Brad Johnson. He lost his starting job in St. Louis due to injury and Kurt Warner kept it. When given the chance this year he did ok, but still couldn't keep a healthy Warner on the sidelines.

He seems to be an ok QB but he hasn't proven <b>anything</b> over the course of a season. EG seems to have figured this game out and has improved over two complete seasons.

That $10mill figure is just a number on paper. It was never intended to be paid and won't. So why are we even discussing trading him for an expensive, unproven commodity?

TEX
01-05-2001, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying that we should trade for Green, I'm saying do you think that Vermeil will? The reason why it's even an issue is that Green was Vermiel's starting QB before he got hurt.

TCB
01-06-2001, 06:31 AM
Vermeil didn't come into St. Louis and disassemble the roster did he? Besides Elvis is Carl's deal and Carl is not going to give free reign to Vermeil on personnel decisions. Despite what Vermeil said in the ESPN interview on Friday, about having control of player personnel, he did qualify it by saying that this situation was different because he and Carl are close personal friends.