PDA

View Full Version : Do we extend K-Wicked before seasons end?

CupidStunt
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I'd hate to see him get away to a higher-paying team in free agency.

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes, absolutely. He is a young player on the rise. Gunther and Kawika are going to be here as long as Herm is here. We have a franchise middle linebacker for the first time in decades and we need to lock him up long-term.

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Who?

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh ok, uhhh ya people's alternate names for players and esp teams are getting pretty outlandish to the point where you can't tell what the hell people are talking about.

If we don't make it a priority to keep Mitchell I will be beyond angry.

Demonpenz
10-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh ok, uhhh ya people's alternate names for players and esp teams are getting pretty outlandish to the point where you can't tell what the hell people are talking about.

If we don't make it a priority to keep Mitchell I will be beyond angry.

I just hope we keep L Funkin Daddy all-star and T Humpty Humpty Breeze Geezey around long term!

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't forget about D-Dubbity Dongmaster!

Easy 6
10-07-2006, 01:08 PM
He stays.

runnercyclist
10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
That's Mr Mitchell to you

milkman
10-07-2006, 01:17 PM
If Carl doesn't get Kawika signed to a new deal, then I just might start a collection for a hit man.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Id rather we spend the money to get Kris Wilson locked up long term. The most deadly decoy in NFL history.

tk13
10-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes. We also need to extend L-John John Diapermatic and J. A. Drinky Drink.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I thought people around here wanted him gone? Which way is the wind blowing?!? :D

CoMoChief
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Yes, absolutely. He is a young player on the rise. Gunther and Kawika are going to be here as long as Herm is here. We have a franchise middle linebacker for the first time in decades and we need to lock him up long-term.

Kawika.......franchise LB??? No.

Derrick Johnson.......Yes.

Having that said losing Kawika would suck considering he's getting to be more and more of a solid LB. The only way he's going is up at this point.

You think anyone would give us a draft pick that's worth a damn for Kendrell Bell? Fox needs to start. We could always use another 1st day pick.

milkman
10-07-2006, 01:54 PM
You think anyone would give us a draft pick that's worth a damn for Kendrell Bell? Fox needs to start. We could always use another 1st day pick.

:bong:

That must be some good shit.

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 01:55 PM

I believe he is. He's the kind of middle linebacker you want on your team for 15 years. He's not a stop-gap (Marvcus Patton) or a decent player that could be replaced by a stud rookie.

The Chiefs didn't have a franchise middle linebacker under Marty or Gunther.

HolmeZz
10-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I think Jared "The Keg" Allen is more of a priority.

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 02:01 PM

Derrick Johnson.......Yes.

Having that said losing Kawika would suck considering he's getting to be more and more of a solid LB. The only way he's going is up at this point.

I think you ar waaayyy offbase with Mitchell. The guy has been a gamer these past 2 years.

tyton75
10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
He is an avg middle linebacker at best... I like him and am comfortable with him; but if he is wanting big money or something.. I would be ok letting him go

We still have SCANIMAL don't we???!?!? :)

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 02:04 PM
He is an avg middle linebacker at best.

Did you even watch last season? He nailed so many running backs it isn't even funny. He's transitioned almost seamlessly into the Cover 2 this year.

Monty Beisel was average at best.

HolmeZz
10-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Kawika's better than average. He might be the most underrated MLB in the league.

|Zach|
10-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Average at best?

Thats just crazy.

milkman
10-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Kawika's better than average. He might be the most underrated MLB in the league.

I agree.
Kawika has progressed nicely in the last season and a quarter.

If he continues to progress, he can definitely be considered a franchise MLB.

noa
10-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Our priorities should be extending the contracts of Jared Allen, Kawika, and Larry Johnson.
I'm no expert with the salary cap, but I would expect some money to be freed up from Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, and possibly Will Shields. I don't think we'll need to sign any big free agents next year (except maybe a WR), so we should just make it a priority to re-sign our key players.

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 02:13 PM

He will be underrated his entire career playing in DJ's shadow. And that's fine.

CupidStunt
10-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I think Jared "The Keg" Allen is more of a priority.

He's an RFA.

We can extend him or merely offer the highest tender and that'll lock him up for at least one season.

noa
10-07-2006, 02:21 PM
He's an RFA.

We can extend him or merely offer the highest tender and that'll lock him up for at least one season.

If our defense really turns it around this year, I think that would be incentive for players like Kawika and Jared Allen to stay. Hopefully, they'll be reasonable with their contract demands. They are both talented players we found and developed, and I hope they show us some loyalty by not trying to break the bank. It would be nice if they both agreed to extensions rather than doing the RFA thing and then making us re-sign them again the next year.

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Allen's DUI might be a blessing in disguise. Carl will have some leverage.

CupidStunt
10-07-2006, 02:31 PM
If our defense really turns it around this year, I think that would be incentive for players like Kawika and Jared Allen to stay. Hopefully, they'll be reasonable with their contract demands. They are both talented players we found and developed, and I hope they show us some loyalty by not trying to break the bank. It would be nice if they both agreed to extensions rather than doing the RFA thing and then making us re-sign them again the next year.

It'd absolutely be in Allen's interest to be extended before a season of being a RFA.

At best, he'd make a nuthair more than just $2 million. With an extension, he could be looking at a signing bonus of $12+ million (and that'd be a hell of a deal by Carl) with average salaries of $4+ million.

SNR
10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Anyone know what the latest is on P-dilly-dog-nachos? Is he back next year?

And yes, we need to hook up K-Wawa-wicky and J-Alcoholin'-Drinky-Drive to new deals. If we still have players like Eric Hicky-hooky-farty-licky on this roster, we'll still be mediocre

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Don't forget about L-Haggis McKick

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Anyone know what the latest is on P-dilly-dog-nachos? Is he back next year?Pellom Mcdaniel?

SNR
10-07-2006, 03:03 PM
HC-Edword-up needs to talk to Mastah C Petey King about getting these deals done before it's too late!

Easy 6
10-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Allen's DUI might be a blessing in disguise. Carl will have some leverage.
VERY good point.

CoMoChief
10-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I believe he is. He's the kind of middle linebacker you want on your team for 15 years. He's not a stop-gap (Marvcus Patton) or a decent player that could be replaced by a stud rookie.

The Chiefs didn't have a franchise middle linebacker under Marty or Gunther.

I'm not arguing that we shouldnt resign him or that we never had a franchise MLB under Marty and Gun, I just disagree with the fact that you think he's a franchise MLB. He's good, he's solid, he's better than half of the MLB's in this league. He's definately being put in the position to succeed. Kawika is gonna be one helluva cover2 MLB. The guy can cover some ground. Though I wish we had the players on the Dline to run a 3-4. Bell sucks at coverage on the outside and belongs in the middle of the field like where he was in PIT. Fox needs to be on the field.

SNR
10-07-2006, 03:06 PM
So is Big Duba-7 Dubya R retired then? Or is there a chance he'll come back?

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I just disagree with the fact that you think he's a franchise MLB.

Why? What does he lack?

CoMoChief
10-07-2006, 03:09 PM

How's he underrated?

CoMoChief
10-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Why? What does he lack?

Let's put it this way, he's the 3rd best MLB in our division.

Easy 6
10-07-2006, 03:16 PM
The guy runs a 4.5, hits like a truck and would run through a wall for Gun. I'll take him over any dude in our division.

dj56dt58
10-07-2006, 03:16 PM
There are very few middle lbers in the nfl i'd take over mitchell right now..if any. Not only can the guy play, but he is very good at getting everyone else to play too. He gets the defense fired up for every play

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM

No he's not. Donnie is over the hill. Al Wilson is getting there. He showed signs of it last year. He's got a lot of miles on him. Heck, he only had 72 tackles last year.

milkman
10-07-2006, 05:48 PM

So which sub for the Donkeys or Convicts do you think is better?

Since the Chargers run a 3-4, thier inside backers are not MLBers, thus don't play the same position.