PDA

View Full Version : Raiola entering draft

spe725
01-04-2001, 07:33 PM
CNNSI.com said that Dominic Raiola, regarded as the best center in college football by some, held a press conference to say he is leaving Nebraska a year early for the NFL.

I wonder how early he'll go in the draft.

hawaiianboy
01-04-2001, 08:48 PM
I know for a fact Nicky is a Raider fan...... he'll go in the 1st or early 2nd probably.

Keep an early eye out for his kid bro Donavan, who just signed to play for Wisconsin.

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 08:52 PM
Flyin'

So would that make him Dominic Raiderola? :D

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

hawaiianboy
01-04-2001, 09:34 PM
Leighty...

Thats the funniest thing you've said since "the Chiefs will sweep the Raiders".

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:48 PM
I was close, at least I predicted a sweep...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

dallaschiefsfan
01-04-2001, 10:57 PM
The best part of this news is not necessarily the possibility that the Chiefs could get Dominic...but that this will cause Casey Rabach from Wisconsin slip as the top center--I'd love for KC to get Rabach with a high 3rd round pick (it might still take a 2nd round pick though)...I love Grunhard...but after a year or two under his belt, Rabach could be better than Grunhard.

hawaiianboy
01-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Something you clowns, er, guys may find of interest....

I ran into Nicky today. He was working out with Olin Kreutz (Bears).... Seems he was going back to Nebraska (had announced it 2 weeks ago) unless he was going to go in the upper half of the 1st round....
Now here's the interesting part.... He decided to enter the draft only after he, his family and Coach Solich consulted with the Chiefs Terry Bradway.

Read into that what you want.

He is a very solid 310 lbs right now and headed back to Nebraska in a few days.... Seems Nebraska has their own training combine to help their players get ready for the real combine.

I told him Darrell Russell will kick his ass if he ends up in the AFCWest.

BTW... I like the preview option and this BB style.

morphius
01-05-2001, 09:21 PM
JQ - Damn it, has anyone told you that you suck!

hawaiianboy
01-05-2001, 09:23 PM
Lots of people!

They've all been wrong........

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 09:37 PM
I can think of positions I would less like to fill in the 1st round, like....say a kicker...but an interior O lineman would probably be second on that list....

ROYC75
01-05-2001, 09:37 PM
JQ

Enlighten me,what is the preview option on this?

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 09:42 PM
Roy,

It allows you to see what your post will look like before you actually post it...Kinda nice if you post anything in HTML that way you can see if you F'd anything up before you actually throw it on the board.

hawaiianboy
01-06-2001, 02:03 AM
::Side note:

I had no idea who Terry Bradway was.... I thought he was talking about Bradshaw... I asked him why he was taking the advice of a nitwit....

He told me Bradway was the director of something for KC... I forget....

Leight.... I can see you guys trading down a few spots to gather those extra mid round picks.... Seems to be a lot of RB's and LB's grouped in that late first/early second category... NO WAY Morgan lasts till 12.

alanm
01-06-2001, 03:24 AM
Well, I hate to see him leave a year early. But if the Chiefs don't lose their 1st rnd. pick to St. Louis. I would love to see Raiola still in red. This guy is a team leader!! Very dominant personality. And cocky and colorful as hell. He's a riot. Not to mention one hell of a player.

[Edited by alanm on 01-06-2001 at 05:48 AM]

spe725
01-06-2001, 09:55 AM
I also just saw that Justin Smith (DE from Missouri)is entering the draft as well. It was reported he wouldn't leave early unless he were to go in either the first or second round.

milkman
01-06-2001, 10:28 AM
The guy I want to hear declare himself eligible is Vick.
I know that the Chiefs have no chance to draft him, but his entry could have a real impact on how this draft shakes out, and who the Chiefs will have a chance at with the #12 pick.