PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chiefs playing tomorrow?

Count Zarth
10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Just wondering...this place is like the offseason tonight. LMAO

morphius
10-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I think it is because there are no AZ trolls coming in, and we are all still trying to figure out what we have ourselves. Especially with Huard at QB.

Bob Dole
10-07-2006, 07:26 PM
According to Inside the NFL, no.

Skip Towne
10-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen the Chiefs play in two weeks. I'm losing interest.

milkman
10-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I think it is because there are no AZ trolls coming in, and we are all still trying to figure out what we have ourselves. Especially with Huard at QB.

Cardinal fan are like Charger fan before '04, and like Kris Wilson.

They are only a myth.

PastorMikH
10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Not here. I just emailed the local station to express my disspleasure in them airing mountain biking instead of the Chiefs. I'll bet that decision brings them in a lot of advertising and viewers tommorow afternoon.:rolleyes:

Anyone else want to email them about it feel free.:)

The programing director's email is kim.eubank@news9.net

Halfcan
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
They heard Matt was starting and the Chiefs immediately forfeited the game.

Count Zarth
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
"Leinart's first play" from the Cardinals board:

We'll start out with blown interior line coverage, and Leinart gets hit. Either a sack, or downed for a loss before he gets the handoff to James.

Meanwhile, Step will look like he's running a pass route in the secondary.

CupidStunt
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
James Reed better abuse that Cardinals' center. I continue to hear how absolutely horrible he is and any legit DT kills him. I can't wait to see that matchup develop. I'm anxious to see what kind of pressure we can get from our DTs and interior blitzes with Mitchell and DJ.

It'd be too much to ask to see Bell blitz, but this might be his best shot at some sacks.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
It's a afternoon away game. Plenty of time tomorrow :)

ChiefaRoo
10-07-2006, 07:57 PM
I haven't seen the Chiefs play in two weeks. I'm losing interest.

Good go away

Adept Havelock
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Yes. Any more stupid questions you

Lonewolf Ed
10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Cardinal fan are like Charger fan before '04, and like Kris Wilson.

They are only a myth.

No, Kris is real! I saw him once on a camping trip way up in the Rocky Mountains. He's very shy and fled into the forest before I could get my camera ready.

PastorMikH
10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Say, here's the General Manager's email addy if anyone wants to email him about our local CBS affiliate not airing the game. I doubt they will change tomorrow's programming, but I gotta try.:)

rob.krier@news9.net

Skip Towne
10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Good go away
Nobody gives a shit about what you think, dipshit.

headsnap
10-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Not here. I just emailed the local station to express my disspleasure in them airing mountain biking instead of the Chiefs. I'll bet that decision brings them in a lot of advertising and viewers tommorow afternoon.:rolleyes:

are they playing another one of those long Jeep commercials. I TiVo'ed the last one a few weeks ago and all they showed was an hour long Jeep commercial with some weak BMX style racing on Mountain Bikes. Now, I am into both BMX and Mountain Biking and that show was totally unwatchable!!!! :shake:

show the FOOTBALL!!!! :#

PastorMikH
10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
are they playing another one of those long Jeep commercials. I TiVo'ed the last one a few weeks ago and all they showed was an hour long Jeep commercial with some weak BMX style racing on Mountain Bikes. Now, I am into both BMX and Mountain Biking and that show was totally unwatchable!!!! :shake:

show the FOOTBALL!!!! :#

I don't know. I am hoping I can park in front of the computer and see a reflection of a daface in my computer screen.;)

Skip Towne
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I don't know. I am hoping I can park in front of the computer and see a reflection of a daface in my computer screen.;)
Or you could get Directv and register it with a Tulsa address so you could get the Tulsa locals. They only miss one Chiefs game per year and they have already missed it for this year. No Sunday Ticket necessary. And you can get up to four receivers free with free installation. All you pay is the freight, between $15-20 depending on the number of receivers.

arizonamizzou
10-07-2006, 09:22 PM
I also happen to have graduated from Mizzou... I like losers I guess..in football...except for this year with the Tigers! Since I live in AZ and have Fiesta Bowl tickets - I am in full on Kool-aid mode. I get sick of seeing Ohio state thrash someone almost every year in the Fiesta Bowl..

Anyway...I have AZ cardinals season tickets since 1995. This team..believe it or not...has a lot of talent. They are just clueless on how to win and the coaching is awful. The offensive line is obviously terrible - but they are not all bad athletes. The only lineman the is physically outmanned is the center (stepanovich). The other four starters would probably be considered good if they played elsewhere.. It is not like they are run over...they just have no clue who to block..seriously...they constantly have three guys blocking one guy only to leave one or two other wide open to smash the qb. I have never seen so many missed assignments in my life. It is painful to watch.

The defense can stop someone..for awhile...but they are not good enough to shut other teams down for 4 quarters - especially when the offensive is constantly three and out.

Matt Leinert looked great in the pre-season..but it was the preseason. I have no clue how he will play tomorrow.

I have seats right behind the chiefs bench on the 45 yard line..so I will try giving them an earful. At least this time..unlike others...it will be mostly cardinal fans..which is good for us. I was at the game where Bono ran the td for 90+ yards. That one was one of my worst experiences as a cardinal fan. Surrounded by chiefs fans....having bono practically walk 90 yards....untouched...that was painful.

Hard to talk much smack..as I grew up a chiefs fan...len dawson, ed podolack (spelling?), lanier, buchanan, emmitt thomas, otis taylor..damn I liked those guys.. I would go to training camp when I was little (do not remember where it was...Raytown? Liberty?)...I cried when they lost to the dolphins in overtime playoff game....I was like 7 or 8 years old... so alot of you guys can probably relate!!

Anyway...I switched to the cardinals when I moved here about 13 years ago. Extremley few highlights..obviously...but hopefully we are turning it around!

milkman
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I also happen to have graduated from Mizzou... I like losers I guess..in football...except for this year with the Tigers! Since I live in AZ and have Fiesta Bowl tickets - I am in full on Kool-aid mode. I get sick of seeing Ohio state thrash someone almost every year in the Fiesta Bowl..

Anyway...I have AZ cardinals season tickets since 1995. This team..believe it or not...has a lot of talent. They are just clueless on how to win and the coaching is awful. The offensive line is obviously terrible - but they are not all bad athletes. The only lineman the is physically outmanned is the center (stepanovich). The other four starters would probably be considered good if they played elsewhere.. It is not like they are run over...they just have no clue who to block..seriously...they constantly have three guys blocking one guy only to leave one or two other wide open to smash the qb. I have never seen so many missed assignments in my life. It is painful to watch.

The defense can stop someone..for awhile...but they are not good enough to shut other teams down for 4 quarters - especially when the offensive is constantly three and out.

Matt Leinert looked great in the pre-season..but it was the preseason. I have no clue how he will play tomorrow.

I have seats right behind the chiefs bench on the 45 yard line..so I will try giving them an earful. At least this time..unlike others...it will be mostly cardinal fans..which is good for us. I was at the game where Bono ran the td for 90+ yards. That one was one of my worst experiences as a cardinal fan. Surrounded by chiefs fans....having bono practically walk 90 yards....untouched...that was painful.

Hard to talk much smack..as I grew up a chiefs fan...len dawson, ed polocheck (spelling?), lanier, buchanan, emmitt thomas, otis taylor..damn I liked those guys.. I would go to training camp when I was little (do not remember where it was...Raytown? Liberty?)...I cried when they lost to the dolphins in overtime playoff game....I was like 7 or 8 years old... so alot of you guys can probably relate!!

Anyway...I switched to the cardinals when I moved here about 13 years ago. Extremley few highlights..obviously...but hopefully we are turning it around!

Dude, you gave up the Chiefs because you moved?

And for the worst franchise in the history of the NFL?

You got what you deserve.

Count Zarth
10-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Poor bastard.

arizonamizzou
10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
milkman...not really...I moved from Missouri in the mid 1980's....the chiefs were awful at the time and I lived in three different states and kind of did not follow that much NFL football...Picked it back up again after I moved to Arizona..where there happened to be an NFL team. Obviously...I am not a fair weather fan. I prefer to attend games in person vs. watching on tv...so that does not exactly leave me much choice. The cardinals had some success a few years after I started following them... playoff win in 1998...but the last 8 years have been brutal. The new stadium is great...and the team finally plays in their own stadium (like the other 31 nfl teams)...so in my opinion....they will eventually turn it around. They have enough talent this year....but it may take another coach to get them to play better. I felt in past years they had less talent than the opposition...that is no longer the case.

They pretty much manhandled the rams and 49ers this year...but due to mistakes, turnovers and lack of killer instinct they loss one game and let the other team back in it....after the 1st quarter they were up on the 49ers 21 - 7....but they basically tried everything they could to lose the game and barely held on.

Win or lose tomorrow...you will probably realize after the game...Arizona has talent...but they seem to be giving us the game.. wins will come..eventually... If Herm Edwards coached the Cardinals...they would have a much better record. Denny green is not a good fit...

Mecca
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Well the Cardinals do have the nicest stadium in the league so that's something.

ChiefaRoo
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Nobody gives a shit about what you think, dipshit.

Your my biatch skip and you know it.

cdcox
10-07-2006, 09:56 PM

Hard to talk much smack..as I grew up a chiefs fan...len dawson, ed podolack (spelling?), lanier, buchanan, emmitt thomas, otis taylor..damn I liked those guys.. I would go to training camp when I was little (do not remember where it was...Raytown? Liberty?)...I cried when they lost to the dolphins in overtime playoff game....I was like 7 or 8 years old... so alot of you guys can probably relate!!

I don't understand this post at all.

You stick with Mizzou football (and basketball for that matter) all these years (I'm an '83 grad), but you jump ship from the Chiefs the second you move out of Missouri????

My dad took me to Wiliam Jewel in Liberty to see the Chiefs at training camp back in the day. Heck, we could have even been there on the same days. My reaction when the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins on Christmas day in '71 was, "There's always next year". I was trying to man up, having bawled my eyes out over a regular season loss to the Jets earlier that season. Little did I know.

I moved away from KC in '87 and haven't lived there since.

And now you're a Cardinal fan. I can't even imagine.

I feel like we've had many of the same experiences, but that I don't even know you.

Now if you come back and tell me that you are a woman, I'll understand everthing: you are insane. And that's cool, its just the way women are. Otherwise, I'm going to be deeply disturbed for several days.

milkman
10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
milkman...not really...I moved from Missouri in the mid 1980's....the chiefs were awful at the time and I lived in three different states and kind of did not follow that much NFL football...Picked it back up again after I moved to Arizona..where there happened to be an NFL team. Obviously...I am not a fair weather fan. I prefer to attend games in person vs. watching on tv...so that does not exactly leave me much choice. The cardinals had some success a few years after I started following them... playoff win in 1998...but the last 8 years have been brutal. The new stadium is great...and the team finally plays in their own stadium (like the other 31 nfl teams)...so in my opinion....they will eventually turn it around. They have enough talent this year....but it may take another coach to get them to play better. I felt in past years they had less talent than the opposition...that is no longer the case.

They pretty much manhandled the rams and 49ers this year...but due to mistakes, turnovers and lack of killer instinct they loss one game and let the other team back in it....after the 1st quarter they were up on the 49ers 21 - 7....but they basically tried everything they could to lose the game and barely held on.

Win or lose tomorrow...you will probably realize after the game...Arizona has talent...but they seem to be giving us the game.. wins will come..eventually... If Herm Edwards coached the Cardinals...they would have a much better record. Denny green is not a good fit...

I moved to California in '82, but have remained a diehard Chief fan.

You jumped the bandwagon, only to jump on the most dysfuntional bandwagon in the NFL.

You bought the Cardinal Kool-Aid, only the bag was empty.

PastorMikH
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Say, here's the General Manager's email addy if anyone wants to email him about our local CBS affiliate not airing the game. I doubt they will change tomorrow's programming, but I gotta try.:)

Got a reply back today...

Dear viewer:

We went with the early game this past weekend, mainly because the KC game was airing against the Dallas/Philly game on FOX. Unfortunately, Dallas games do extremely well in this market. Most people were watching that game. We thought we would be better off with an early game and not compete with Dallas.

Respectfully,

So basically they laid down and didn't even try to compete with FOX. I wonder if the advertisers for the mountain bike show got a break on advertising.

Saulbadguy
10-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I moved to California in '82, but have remained a diehard Chief fan.

You jumped the bandwagon, only to jump on the most dysfuntional bandwagon in the NFL.

You bought the Cardinal Kool-Aid, only the bag was empty.
College loyalties die much much harder than pro loyalty. I would say there is much loyalty at all in pro sports anymore.