PDA

View Full Version : So, where will the Tigers rank in the new Top 25?

Frazod
10-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking at least 20, leapfrogging the Cornhumpers in the process. Thoughts?

Cochise
10-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Eh, I didn't see the Nebraska game obviously, but I don't think we will ranked ahead of them. In the AP we were already 22/23.

Definitely two teams on a collision course.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Eh, I didn't see the Nebraska game obviously, but I don't think we will ranked ahead of them. In the AP we were already 22/23.

Definitely two teams on a collision course.

We beat a much better team by a bigger margin, and are still undefeated.

Baconeater
10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't think calling the University of Nebraska football team "The Cornhumpers" shows very good sportsmanship on your part.

alanm
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Nah.. Missouri won't go past Nebraska. The Huskers played fairly solid tonight. Both should move up a couple of spots though.

Halfcan
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
#1 in the World.

alanm
10-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't think calling the University of Nebraska football team "The Cornhumpers" shows very good sportsmanship on your part.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Frazod
10-07-2006, 10:56 PM

No, I'm sure it doesn't. :)

Halfcan
10-07-2006, 11:04 PM

Its better than Cornholers though.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't feel too confident going into Lincoln if I were a Tiger fan. They've had great chances to win during their last two trips, but lost. I'll give them credit for beating Tech because I don't like the Red Faders.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't feel too confident going into Lincoln if I were a Tiger fan. They've had great chances to win during their last two trips, but lost. I'll give them credit for beating Tech because I don't like the Red Faders.

You guys damn near lost to the Gayhawks. I don't think you should be feeling too confident anywhere.

KCFalcon59
10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I think Mizzou makes a big jump. 15-18 in the polls. They are looking good.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:16 PM
You guys damn near lost to the Gayhawks. I don't think you should be feeling too confident anywhere.

I've said all I'm going to say about the KU game. Every team has an off week. USC has had two in a row. MU/KU will be an interesting game. We played better against ISU than I expected.

Simply Red
I think Mizzou makes a big jump. 15-18 in the polls. They are looking good.

I think thats fair. I was thinking 17. Tonight was my first good look at them the QB seems to make it look effortless but STILL gets amazing results.

Mosbonian

Is that your homerism talking or fear?

While I am proud of the way the Tigers have played...I'll take it one game at a time. But don't kid yourself either, the Husker's haven't exactly looked all that good this year. That game at home against KU last week showed a few of their weaknesses.

I'll admit to a bit of trepidation should the Tigers go into Nebraska undefeated, because that would give the Husker's a reason to be at the very top of their game. But the Husler faithful should be a bit concerned that this isn't the normal Mizzou Tiger team

mmaddog

alanm
10-07-2006, 11:18 PM
They played a shitty game last weekend. Not much better tonight and still won on the road in Ames. Granted it's not Norman, Ok. but Nebraska usually has a tough time in Ames.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I'll go on the record right now and say Nebraska will beat Missouri. Like I said, MU just had two great chances to win in Lincoln. Our offense is much better compared to a few years ago. The Blackshirts will do enough to stop MU. When was the last time MU won there?

Baconeater
10-07-2006, 11:29 PM
They played a shitty game last weekend. Not much better tonight and still won on the road in Ames. Granted it's not Norman, Ok. but Nebraska usually has a tough time in Ames.
And in Manhattan too. I hope the bizarro Huskers don't show up in one of these road games.

Baconeater
10-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I'll go on the record right now and say Nebraska will beat Missouri. Like I said, MU just had two great chances to win in Lincoln. Our offense is much better compared to a few years ago. The Blackshirts will do enough to stop MU. When was the last time MU won there?
1978?

Mosbonian
10-07-2006, 11:32 PM

You're playing history like it's a foregone conclusion...

So you say your offense is better than prior years....well, our Defense is light years better than previous years.

I keep hearing about this Blackshirt defense...what is it's significance? Does that mean they play in the dark? Or that they are all color-blind so they have to pick a specific color so that they can match on game day?

I'll go on record saying right now that should Nebraska get overconfident, the same thing will happen to them that happened to an overconfident Texas Tech in the 2nd Half after their purported boasting in the Halftime Locker Room.

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
I was more concerned about going to Aimes than I am about playing in Manhattan. I think Princess needs a creative gameplan to beat NU. The Huskers are better on both sides of the ball.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
1978?

We hadn't been 6-0 since '73.

Well, until now.

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 11:35 PM
1978?

James Wilder scored 4 touchdowns that day.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
MU couldn't beat a pathetic Husker team led by Joe Dailey and a bad defense. The joke in Lincoln was that Dailey majored in interceptions and minored in fumbles. The Tiger's defense is better? You haven't seen where Nebraska's offense ranks statistically in the NCAA.

Frazod
10-07-2006, 11:40 PM
MU couldn't beat a pathetic Husker team led by Joe Dailey and a bad defense. The joke in Lincoln was that Dailey majored in interceptions and minored in fumbles. The Tiger's defense is better? You haven't seen where Nebraska's offense ranks statistically in the NCAA.

I'll remember this post.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:43 PM
MU hasn't played anybody besides a mediocre Texas Tech. I'm not the person who's being overconfident.

KcMizzou
10-07-2006, 11:48 PM
MU hasn't played anybody besides a mediocre Texas Tech. I'm not the person who's being overconfident.Eh, you know how it is. All along Texas Tech was to be Mizzou's "first real test"

Mizzou beats them, on the road... and now we get to hear how we still haven't played anyone.

Sam Hall
10-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Eh, you know how it is. All along Texas Tech was to be Mizzou's "first real test"

Mizzou beats them, on the road... and now we get to hear how we still haven't played anyone.

That's not what I said. They have beaten one mediocre team. It's too early to be this confident.

KcMizzou
10-07-2006, 11:53 PM
That's not what I said. They have beaten one mediocre team. It's too early to be this confident.I'm not all that confident about winning at Nebraska.

I'm more cautiously optimistic.

KCinNY
10-07-2006, 11:54 PM

Nebraska is an offensive juggernaut....did you see what we did to Nicholls State???

Coach Callihan has us on track to be in the BCS title game, where we belong!

Missouri beat a ranked team on the road by 17 points, but they haven't proven anything yet!

Cochise
10-07-2006, 11:55 PM
I think putting us above 20 might be a little too high. 20-21 seems fair.

beer bacon
10-07-2006, 11:56 PM
MU hasn't played anybody besides a mediocre Texas Tech. I'm not the person who's being overconfident.

I will go on record saying that Nebraska would have a very very difficult time playing Texas Tech in Lubbock. They would destroy your pass defense.

Baconeater
10-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Eh, you know how it is. All along Texas Tech was to be Mizzou's "first real test"

I know exactly how it is. It's a way of life for Nebraska fans. :)

Mosbonian
10-07-2006, 11:59 PM
That's not what I said. They have beaten one mediocre team. It's too early to be this confident.

And who the hell have you beaten?

You've whipped up on Nicholls State, Louisiana Tech, Troy, Kansas, and Iowa State......the only game you have to hang your hat on is USC, and anyone watching them thus far knows that they aren't the same team as last year without Bush and Leinart. Hell, the game today showed how bad USC is.

Quit bagging on MU, when you've barely distinguished yourselves this year.

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
And who the hell have you beaten?

You've whipped up on Nicholls State, Louisiana Tech, Troy, Kansas, and Iowa State......the only game you have to hang your hat on is USC, and anyone watching them thus far knows that they aren't the same team as last year without Bush and Leinart. Hell, the game today showed how bad USC is.

Quit bagging on MU, when you've barely distinguished yourselves this year.

mmaddog

You don't have any room to talk!!!

Let's see MU hang with USC for three quarters. I highly doubt it.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:03 AM
It's obvious MU fans don't know how to handle a little success.

KChiefs1
10-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Depends on what teams lost that were ranked ahead of Mizzou.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2006, 12:06 AM
MU couldn't beat a pathetic Husker team led by Joe Dailey and a bad defense. The joke in Lincoln was that Dailey majored in interceptions and minored in fumbles. The Tiger's defense is better? You haven't seen where Nebraska's offense ranks statistically in the NCAA.I don't think MU will win in Lincoln. Of course, I didn't think MU would blow out NU twice in Columbia.

Mosbonian

Let's see MU hang with USC for three quarters. I highly doubt it.

I'm no more impressed with USC than you are with Texas Tech....start being realistic!

You stuck out your chest when proudly proclaiming how great your Offense is....but you got it playing LA Tech, Nicholls State, Troy and KU....

mmaddog

Pitt Gorilla

Let's see MU hang with USC for three quarters. I highly doubt it.Is that the goal now?

Frazod

I never said Missouri was going to win. I never guarantee wins. And I'm not overconfident; just confident. This is a better team than the one that beat you last year, regardless of where the game was played. Nebraska has some issues this year, especially on defense. Your vaunted blackshirts haven't done jackshit to impress me (or pretty much anyone else outside of Lincoln) so far.

However, I'm certainly not looking past a game we don't play for a month. Right now, I just hope we beat A&M and go to 7-0. I like our chances. Does that make me overconfident?

Baconeater
10-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Nebraska is an offensive juggernaut....did you see what we did to Nicholls State???

Coach Callihan has us on track to be in the BCS title game, where we belong!

Missouri beat a ranked team on the road by 17 points, but they haven't proven anything yet!
:LOL: If I was any good at photoshop, I'd put our AD's face on that dude.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:08 AM

And it's obvious that NU fans don't know how to handle little success.

You suddenly act like you're a national powerhouse again....you are far from it, and even the most rational Husker fan will acknowledge that.

You, evidently are not one of those.

mmaddog

Baconeater
10-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Is that the goal now?
Well, it's a start.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm no more impressed with USC than you are with Texas Tech....start being realistic!

You stuck out your chest when proudly proclaiming how great your Offense is....but you got it playing LA Tech, Nicholls State, Troy and KU....

mmaddog

If USC isn't very good, than why are they ranked third in the country? They are loaded with talent. Not only that, but we are far enough into the season where stats mean something.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:12 AM
And it's obvious that NU fans don't know how to handle little success.

You suddenly act like you're a national powerhouse again....you are far from it, and even the most rational Husker fan will acknowledge that.

You, evidently are not one of those.

mmaddog

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said we are a national powerhouse right now.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:13 AM
If USC isn't very good, than why are they ranked third in the country? They are loaded with talent. Not only that, but we are far enough into the season where stats mean something.

And if you watched the Washington State and Washington games you would know that USC is just inches from being 3-2 and not 5-0.

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:14 AM
And if you watched the Washington State and Washington games you would know that USC is just inches from being 3-2 and not 5-0.

mmaddog

Once again, every team has off weeks. This is getting old.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Once again, every team has off weeks. This is getting old.

And so are your arguments.....so what constitutes 'off weeks' and where do you draw the line and say that a team is just average?

mmaddog

Bob Dole
10-08-2006, 12:24 AM

That's a joke. Texas Tech's offense wasn't considered "mediocre" by anyone prior to today.

Everyone was bagging on MU's defense for playing cupcakes, and they shut down a legit offense today. You can bag on MU all you want, but us alumnus can feel good about the first decent team we've had in nearly 30 years.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't be overly motivated to play Washington and Washington State. All USC had to do is show up and win.

Texas Tech is the definition of average. They are a mid level Big 12 South team. Whoever said they are ranked, they're not.

If Nebraska played Tech this year, the score would be similar to tonight's Tech/MU game. Nebraska's front seven would cause enough havoc to slow Tech's offense.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:26 AM
The problem with Tech is their defense, obviously. That's why they are mediocre.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 12:27 AM
I bet most teams in the NCAA wish they were "as bad" as USC is. USC has about 3 senior starters. Almost everyone playing any kind of major role is an underclassman.

They probably have more talent than any other team does but you'll have your moments when you have a new QB and lose all world players. USC had games like this in the year they won the national title, expecting them to just dominate everyone and when they don't calling them bad is a bit much.

Need I remind everyone they handled Arkansas rather easily who beat the crap out of Auburn today.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't be overly motivated to play Washington and Washington State. All USC had to do is show up and win.

Texas Tech is the definition of average. They are a mid level Big 12 South team. Whoever said they are ranked, they're not.

If Nebraska played Tech this year, the score would be similar to tonight's Tech/MU game. Nebraska's front seven would cause enough havoc to slow Tech's offense.

Let me help you here Sam.....please see this page.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls

You're making this too easy.

mmaddog

Frazod
10-08-2006, 12:29 AM

If Nebraska played Tech this year, the score would be similar to tonight's Tech/MU game. Nebraska's front seven would cause enough havoc to slow Tech's offense.TT was ranked 24th on the USA Today Coaches Poll. On that poll, Missouri was ranked 25th. And you can bet your ass that they'd have been ranked on both polls if they'd won.

But apparently beating a Top 25 team on the road is only impressive if Nebraska does it, right? :whackit:

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Let me help you here Sam.....please see this page.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls

You're making this too easy.

mmaddog

They are ranked in one of the polls. Big freaking deal. I didn't see a number next to their name on the scoreboard tonight.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:33 AM
I bet most teams in the NCAA wish they were "as bad" as USC is. USC has about 3 senior starters. Almost everyone playing any kind of major role is an underclassman.

They probably have more talent than any other team does but you'll have your moments when you have a new QB and lose all world players. USC had games like this in the year they won the national title, expecting them to just dominate everyone and when they don't calling them bad is a bit much.

Need I remind everyone they handled Arkansas rather easily who beat the crap out of Auburn today.

Mecca:

I'll say the same thing to you as I did Sam....they are just inches short of being 3-2. Are they good, yes....are they like last year, no.

mmaddog

Bob Dole
10-08-2006, 12:35 AM

In both teams first game of the season.

But wow...wasn't USC National Champs last year?

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:35 AM
They are ranked in one of the polls. Big freaking deal. I didn't see a number next to their name on the scoreboard tonight.

If you took the time to look closely you'd see that they were ranked....disproving your claim.

If you had taken the time to look even more closely, they were just out of the Top 25 in the other 2 polls.

At least make an effort here... :doh!:

mmaddog

Mecca
10-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Mecca:

I'll say the same thing to you as I did Sam....they are just inches short of being 3-2. Are they good, yes....are they like last year, no.

mmaddog

Not many teams will ever be like USC was last year......I don't think they were ever in any real danger of losing these last 2 games. Washington State they basically controlled the game the score was closer than the game. Today at the end Washington had their shot but I never felt USC was going to lose the game.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:37 AM
If you took the time to look closely you'd see that they were ranked....disproving your claim.

If you had taken the time to look even more closely, they were just out of the Top 25 in the other 2 polls.

At least make an effort here... :doh!:

mmaddog

They are barely ranked in one poll. Big freaking deal.

Frazod
10-08-2006, 12:40 AM

On that poll, they were only ranked two spots below Nebraska.

I guess that means if we beat you on the road, it won't mean anything, either.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:42 AM
On that poll, they were only ranked two spots below Nebraska.

I guess that means if we beat you on the road, it won't mean anything, either.

Keep dreaming.

Bob Dole
10-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Not many teams will ever be like USC was last year

Other than Texas, which kicked their ass when it counted.

Are you married to Leinart?

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:44 AM

See....this is the argument of a person who is reaching now.

Refute my arguments with facts.....show me why I should be shaking in my boots at the very thought of our "pitiful" offense showing up against the mighty Blackshirt defense.

You've got a game against K-State there and a game against Texas at home. I'd be worrying about them before counting the Mizzou game as a win.

mmaddog

beer bacon
10-08-2006, 12:46 AM

It is also funny because Nebraska didn't even actually "hang" with USC at all. That game was never in question.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Other than Texas, which kicked their ass when it counted.

Are you married to Leinart?

I wouldn't say kicked their ass, they won in the last minute frankly because Young was probably one of the best college players ever. It hurt that USC was playing a defense full of freshman and sophomores but it happens.

Bob Dole
10-08-2006, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't say kicked their ass, they won in the last minute frankly because Young was probably one of the best college players ever. It hurt that USC was playing a defense full of freshman and sophomores but it happens.

But not many teams will be like USC was last year?

Frazod
10-08-2006, 12:48 AM
It is also funny because Nebraska didn't even actually "hang" with USC at all. That game was never in question.

[Sam Hall/]Not true. They were in it until the bitter end. Nebraska was just having an off day.[Sam Hall]

LMAO

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:50 AM
[Sam Hall/]Not true. They were in it until the bitter end. Nebraska was just having an off day.[Sam Hall]

LMAO

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mecca
10-08-2006, 12:50 AM
But not many teams will be like USC was last year?

No......most teams will not make winning look that easy against even subpar competition.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:52 AM
See....this is the argument of a person who is reaching now.

Refute my arguments with facts.....show me why I should be shaking in my boots at the very thought of our "pitiful" offense showing up against the mighty Blackshirt defense.

You've got a game against K-State there and a game against Texas at home. I'd be worrying about them before counting the Mizzou game as a win.

mmaddog

Where did I say MU had a pitiful offense? We're going to beat KSU. Obviously I'm concerned about Texas.

Facts? Read my posts and look up how NU ranks statistically on offense. It's higher than you think. You're too excited about the Tiger's defense. They need to play like that for a whole season.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:55 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

whatever

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Where did I say MU had a pitiful offense? We're going to beat KSU. Obviously I'm concerned about Texas.

Facts? Read my posts and look up how NU ranks statistically on offense. It's higher than you think. You're too excited about the Tiger's defense. They need to play like that for a whole season.

See....you need to read better. I told you I wasn't impressed with your Offensive ranking based on the fact that you did it against patsies like La. Tech, Nicholls State, and Troy.

At least our "lowly" Defense got their ranking facing Division 1 foes....

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Can you not go one post without misquoting me?

Stop discrediting the USC game.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Can you not go one post without misquoting me?

Stop discrediting the USC game.

How am I misquoting you when I all I am doing is replying to your quote?

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Your interpretation of what I'm saying is off by a mile.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Nebraska played USC like they didn't wanna get blown out.....score closer than the game.

Frazod
10-08-2006, 01:09 AM

You seem to be saying that Nebraska is better than Missouri because they got beat by USC.

Did I miss something?

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Nebraska played USC like they didn't wanna get blown out.....score closer than the game.

Whatever. We had some fumbles, and we missed two chances to return INTs to the house. They game should've at least been within six points.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:11 AM
You seem to be saying that Nebraska is better than Missouri because they got beat by USC.

Did I miss something?

Yep. That's not even close.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 01:13 AM

You know, if I wanted an argument like this I would call the 11 y/o next door. He's a Husker fan and a reasonable one at that....his arguments have more merit than anything you've posted on this thread.

mmaddog

Bob Dole
10-08-2006, 01:13 AM
No......most teams will not make winning look that easy against even subpar competition.

Bob Dole keeps forgetting that USC was the real national champion last season... What with being such a rare and superior talent.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:14 AM
I hope Callahan sends Freeman a text message after we win next weekend.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Bob Dole keeps forgetting that USC was the real national champion last season... What with being such a rare and superior talent.

I was comparing the USC teams......Texas was frankly the champion due to 1 man and that's pretty obvious this year when it's virtually the same team and not nearly as good.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:16 AM
You know, if I wanted an argument like this I would call the 11 y/o next door.

mmaddog

The 11 year old would have an easy time winning said argument.

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 01:20 AM
The 11 year old would have an easy time winning said argument.

So what does that say about you considering you can't even hold a candle to my arguments?

At least I have age on my side....what's your excuse?

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 01:21 AM
I can't hold a candle to your arguments LMAO LMAO LMAO

Mosbonian
10-08-2006, 01:29 AM
I can't hold a candle to your arguments LMAO LMAO LMAO

You're probably the only guy on this thread who believes that you are making sense.

mmaddog

CHIEF4EVER
10-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Sam went on record predicting a Cornholer victory. In Lincoln. THAT'S going waaaaaaaaay out on a limb.:rolleyes: I predict Mizzou will kick the everloving shit out of that band of pretenders and never will be's. Callahandjob will be exposed to the entire world as the same moron that "coached" the Fade.

Sure-Oz
10-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Mizzou beat a top 25 team that can score in a hurry, if I were Nebraska I wouldn't take MU lightly at all. 6-0 baby keep it going.

Skip Towne
10-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Sam went on record predicting a Cornholer victory. In Lincoln. THAT'S going waaaaaaaaay out on a limb.:rolleyes: I predict Mizzou will kick the everloving shit out of that band of pretenders and never will be's. Callahandjob will be exposed to the entire world as the same moron that "coached" the Fade.
We all need to excuse Sam for his ridiculous views regarding the Cornholers. We were all starry eyed youngsters once. Before the KU game he came on here telling us what all the 'holers were going to do to us. Retribution was a word he used several times referring to the ass whoopin we put on them last year. Then, after digging themselve a huge hole in the first half, KU roared back with more than 500 yards of offense and a 10+ minute edge in TOP. He dismissed that as an "off day". Sorry, Sam, This wasn't a fluke or a case of lucky breaks but rather a sustained, continual ass kicking of the vaunted Blackshirt defense. And if KU can do it so can 50 other teams out there.

CupidStunt
10-08-2006, 06:14 AM
You're probably the only guy on this thread who believes that you are making sense.

mmaddog

Quoted for truth.

crispystl420
10-08-2006, 07:34 AM

On a neutral field we'd beat you by ten. I hate husker fans I hope we smash you losers. I'll never forget wathcing the husker faithful walkng away from Faurot field with heads hung wanting to cry afterwe beat them at home. I was riding past the whole lot of them drunk as **** letting them hear all about it. God that was great. Of course that hadn't happened for 20 years either.

crispystl420
10-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Whatever. We had some fumbles, and we missed two chances to return INTs to the house. They game should've at least been within six points.

Yeah yeah and the chiefs would've won their last playoff game if they made Manning punt or Priest didn't fumble too. That's bullshit anyone canplay that game.

Spott
10-08-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm trying to figure out if hanging with USC for 3 quarters means only trailing by 3 TD's. USC scored early in the 3rd quarter to make the game 21-3 and that was also the score at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Not a lot of team above us lost, so I would guess that we would be somewhere between 18-20. We will likely jump #17 FSU who lost, #21 Virginia Tech who was idle, #14 OU which lost to UT and possibly Nebraska. But previously unranked Arkansas will probably jump into the rankings with their win at Auburn.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
#19 in the AP. I'm not convinced that we're that good, but I guess I'll take it for now. A&M is going to be a tough place to play. I hope Hood returns to help clog up the middle.

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 12:54 PM

mmaddog

Did you ever consider I'm the only Husker fan in this thread?

Baconeater
10-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Did you ever consider I'm the only Husker fan in this thread?
Actually, you're not, Alanm and I both posted on the first page. I just think there's too much football to be played between now and the NU-MU game to be arguing about it at this point.

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Actually, you're not, Alanm and I both posted on the first page. I just think there's too much football to be played between now and the NU-MU game to be arguing about it at this point.Very true.

If we both take care of business between now and then, it'll be a hell of a game to look forward to.

Frazod
10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Damn, we're ranked higher than Oklahoma. Cool. :D

Coach
10-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Let's see...

17 - FSU lost to Clemson. They should be out of top 25. They ain't no good.
18 - GT won. They'll go up.
19 - Iowa won. Going up.
20 - Boise St. won. Going up.
21 - Virginia Tech idle. Should get 1 spot.
22 - Nebaska won. Should get in the 17-19 frame.
23 - Mizzou won. Same as Nebraska. The Tigers should leap frog Nebraska because of the fact that Nebraska lost a game, although, it was USC.

Knob
10-08-2006, 02:03 PM
F*ck Lawrence Phillips

Baconeater
10-08-2006, 02:16 PM
F*ck Lawrence Phillips
You're about 10 years too late with that. Great effort though. :rolleyes:

Sam Hall
10-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I just read that Nebraska/Kansas State won't be on TV :mad: This is rediculous. We need to raise hell with the networks to get the game on TV. I'm not going pay-per-view.

plbrdude
10-08-2006, 07:10 PM

right.... cornpoppers more like it

redbrian
10-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I just read that Nebraska/Kansas State won't be on TV :mad: This is rediculous. We need to raise hell with the networks to get the game on TV. I'm not going pay-per-view.

NE / K-State not on TV, MU / A&M on ABC.

Guess the networks donít think as much about NE as you do, what a shame.

Don't really think the networks care about you and your mouse in your pocket (that is what you meant by we, right).

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
I just read that Nebraska/Kansas State won't be on TV :mad: This is rediculous. We need to raise hell with the networks to get the game on TV. I'm not going pay-per-view.Eh, that's ok with me.

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I hope Callahan sends Freeman a text message after we win next weekend.

If KSU "hangs" with you for 3 quarters, can we claim that as a victory?

I mean, it works for Children Of The Corn when playing not to lose against USC....

You have to be Jim Rose's wife, with all the crying about Freeman.

Frazod
10-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Check out the lead story on ESPN's college football page.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/index

Sam Hall
10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
NU is fine without Freeman. Sam Keller is going to take over after this season. I've heard he's making it look easy in practice. He was a Heisman candidate before the whole thing went down at Arizona State.

My point about the USC game was I don't think any other North team could play them as close as NU did.

All I know is the winner of NU/KSU will have the ultimate smack: scoreboard. Should be a good game. I think KSU will try to come out early and run NU out of the building. I don't think it will happen.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 12:11 PM
NU is fine without Freeman. Sam Keller is going to take over after this season. I've heard he's making it look easy in practice. He was a Heisman candidate before the whole thing went down at Arizona State.

My point about the USC game was I don't think any other North team could play them as close as NU did.

All I know is the winner of NU/KSU will have the ultimate smack: scoreboard. Should be a good game. I think KSU will try to come out early and run NU out of the building. I don't think it will happen.

Sam Keller is making it look easy in practice? Holy cow, Sam Keller is tearing up the Blackshirt D.... in practice!!!

Sam Hall
10-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Sam Keller is making it look easy in practice? Holy cow, Sam Keller is tearing up the Blackshirt D.... in practice!!!

Nice. He's playing against the scout team. The Blackshirts played well at Iowa State, a team that has a better offense than Kansas State.

joesomebody
10-10-2006, 01:04 PM
SI has us at 16th on their rankings. We weren't even in the top 25 the week before though. They as well as I place a lot on how it goes for us against A&M

duncan_idaho
10-10-2006, 01:56 PM
College Football News has Missouri at No. 8 ... even I think that's probably a little high, but if the Tigers win in College Station on Saturday, I'm sold.

They're also predicting an 11-1 record, a Big 12 North title, a loss to UT in the championship game and a Cotton Bowl berth.

CFN loves us. And I love Chase.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
College Football News has Missouri at No. 8 ... Now that's crazy.

duncan_idaho
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Now that's crazy.

Yeah, I agree. If they make it through OU and K-State and aTm unscathed, then maybe I believe that ranking.

I'm started to wish I'd found a way to pounce on the pair of tickets I was offered to the game in Lincoln...

Frazod
10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Jesus, somebody's ranking us 8th? That's nuts. :spock:

Part of me is still expecting the wheels to fall off and for us to end up playing Alaska Tech in the Nacho Bowl. Long years of experience tell me not to get my hopes up too much, and just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

I hope we do well against A&M this weekend. I wish we weren't favored. Being a home dog always seems to give a team that much more motivation.

duncan_idaho
10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
As someone who watched the Pinkel/Brad Smith years and most of Quin Snyder's tenure in person, I know exactly how you feel, frazod.

But there is something different about this team that makes me think that won't happen. I don't know what it is, but my best guess would chalk it up to Daniel.

He's always focused on the game at hand, he expects to win every time out, and he won't accept anything less from his teammates.

petegz28
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
:hump:

Baconeater
10-10-2006, 05:08 PM

Not so fast. I heard it's Harley Day at KSU stadium next Saturday. We're dooooooooooomed!

Woodrow Call
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm reading rumors over at Tigerboard about yellow helmets and jerseys for the KU game. :banghead:

Say it aint so.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 05:13 PM
As someone who watched the Pinkel/Brad Smith years and most of Quin Snyder's tenure in person, I know exactly how you feel, frazod.

But there is something different about this team that makes me think that won't happen. I don't know what it is, but my best guess would chalk it up to Daniel.

He's always focused on the game at hand, he expects to win every time out, and he won't accept anything less from his teammates.

Defense is tougher all around as well. Secondary and LBs all have playmakers, and the D-line can shut down offenses with their constant pressure.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm reading rumors over at Tigerboard about yellow helmets and jerseys for the KU game. :banghead:

Say it aint so.

I saw that. I like the idea of having George Tech gold instead of yellow. THat would actually look pretty good.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Not so fast. I heard it's Harley Day at KSU stadium next Saturday. We're dooooooooooomed!

But if we "hang with you" for 3 quarters, can we claim moral victory?

Woodrow Call
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I saw that. I like the idea of having George Tech gold instead of yellow. THat would actually look pretty good.

That would look nice. Just a little leary of looking like a giant banana.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 05:25 PM
That would look nice. Just a little leary of looking like a giant banana.

Yeah, the picture I saw was bright banana yellow. It reminded of Boise State or whatever team has the bright blue uniforms and dyed blue field. It was very ugly.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 05:27 PM

Say it aint so.
Boooooooo!!!!!! Bad idea!

The black uni's are sweet.

:cuss:

KCinNY
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM

Hell, it goes back decades.

Woodenhoffer and Stull were completely inept.

Larry Smith and Warren Powers built some decent, top-25 type teams, but always managed spectacular screw-ups during big, program turning games against top competition.

Norm Stewart's post-season imcompetence is well-known.

Expecting eventual failure is part of being a Mizzou fan.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM

As Saul would say: It doesn't get any better than this for Husker fans...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J2LD6ALt7oA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J2LD6ALt7oA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Hell, it goes back decades.

Woodenhoffer and Stull were completely inept.

Larry Smith and Warren Powers built some decent, top-25 type teams, but always managed spectacular screw-ups during big, program turning games against top competition.

Norm Stewart's post-season imcompetence is well-known.

Expecting eventual failure is part of being a Mizzou fan.Heck, Pinkel has had a couple of seasons collapse, as well as couple huge leads (vs KSU and OSU). We're certainly not out of the woods by any means.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 09:16 PM
As Saul would say: It doesn't get any better than this for Husker fans...
LMAOLMAO

That guy rocks. alanm?

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
LMAOLMAO

That guy rocks. alanm?

That was just toooooo good not put on here.

beavis
10-10-2006, 09:53 PM
That's comical. The Cornhumpers are on in KC more than Mizzou. I've yet to figure that one out.

|Zach|
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
This team is very fun to watch.

Been a great ride.

Spott
10-10-2006, 10:29 PM
That's comical. The Cornhumpers are on in KC more than Mizzou. I've yet to figure that one out.

What's even more comical is that most of the MU, KU & KSU games this season have been on TV here.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
That was just toooooo good not put on here.You have to respect the old guy's passion.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2006, 08:11 AM

Say it aint so.
What better way to celebrate the first win over KU in quite some time?

Saulbadguy
10-11-2006, 08:13 AM
You're about 10 years too late with that. Great effort though. :rolleyes:
Not so fast my friend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2620745

The 31-year-old Phillips drove onto a field near Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum after losing a pickup football game on Aug. 21, 2005. He struck two boys, ages 14 and 15, and a 19-year-old man and narrowly missed four others between 15 and 24 years old, according to the prosecutor.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Nice. He's playing against the scout team. The Blackshirts played well at Iowa State, a team that has a better offense than Kansas State.
Adam ****in Barmann.

Baconeater
10-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Not so fast my friend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2620745
Yeah, I heard about that. We don't take responsibility for anything he's done since 1995. I can't believe what a dumbass that guy is. :shake:

alanm
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
You mean they let Harley's in at Snyders Family Stadium? :)

alanm
10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
LMAOLMAO

That guy rocks. alanm?
Uh..No. :spock:

Sam Hall
10-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Four-star linebacker Blake Lawrence from Overland Park committed to Nebraska today, turning down KU :p

htismaqe
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I had to drive to Sioux City today and got to listen to 810 quite a bit...I can't believe how much their playing up Mizzou. Keitzman thinks they should be in the Top 10?

Seriously, they're a GOOD team. But they really haven't played much of anybody...

Saulbadguy
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Four-star linebacker Blake Lawrence from Overland Park committed to Nebraska today, turning down KU :p
Nobody gives a shit.

KcMizzou
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I had to drive to Sioux City today and got to listen to 810 quite a bit...I can't believe how much their playing up Mizzou. Keitzman thinks they should be in the Top 10?

Seriously, they're a GOOD team. But they really haven't played much of anybody...
I was pretty surprised at some of his comments too. "If KU or KSU fans think they have a chance of going into Columbia and walking out with a win, they're in for a rude awakening."

:spock:

I'm a huge Mizzou fan, and I wouldn't go that far...

htismaqe
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I was pretty surprised at some of his comments too. "If KU or KSU fans think they have a chance of going into Columbia and walking out with a win, they're in for a rude awakening."

:spock:

I'm a huge Mizzou fan, and I wouldn't go that far...

Well, Mizzou IS that good. They're alot better than KU and KSU, at least this year. They'll likely win out at home. And the win over TTech was a good one.

But their toughest test will be Oklahoma and I think they can win that game.

But have them play Texas, LSU, or somebody else in the Top 10 and they'd get stomped. Hell, they should have gutted up and kept their home and home with the Hawkeyes.

Cochise
10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
As much as we need to not look past A&M, I don't think we are going to prove much by beating them. After we won down in Texas last week against a better team, it seems to fall into the category of a game we are supposed to win now.

We're supposed to be good, so we're supposed to beat A&M, and we're supposed to beat K-State. I don't think we will wow anyone much further unless we can beat OU.

Sure would be nice to get a shot at Texas, it's one football game, anything can happen.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2006, 07:27 PM
As much as we need to not look past A&M, I don't think we are going to prove much by beating them. After we won down in Texas last week against a better team, it seems to fall into the category of a game we are supposed to win now.

We're supposed to be good, so we're supposed to beat A&M, and we're supposed to beat K-State. I don't think we will wow anyone much further unless we can beat OU.

Sure would be nice to get a shot at Texas, it's one football game, anything can happen.

So true.

Sam Hall
10-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Nobody gives a shit.

You know it hurts to lose a talented in-state player, especially to Nebraska. That's a BS response. Kansas State was never in the race. The top three players in Kansas this year won't be playing college football close to home.

He would be great if he committed to Kansas State, right?

KCinNY
10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
The A&M game scares me...Hell, every game they've got strikes me as a potential loss.

It's the lifelong Mizzou fan in me, I can't help it.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Big, big, BIG dreaming speculation here, but if, IF, mind you, we run the table and somehow manage to beat Texas in the conference championship game, what Bowl would we get? Could we get a shot at the.... shit, I can't even type the words, the thought is so preposterous, but... could we?

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2006, 07:34 PM

Seriously, they're a GOOD team. But they really haven't played much of anybody...Nope. We're barely a top 20, IMO. I'd like to beat A&M, but it will be a tough game. We should beat KSU and KU, but we've said that for the last couple of years. I'm so shell-shocked that I keep waiting for the collapse.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Big, big, BIG dreaming speculation here, but if, IF, mind you, we run the table and somehow manage to beat Texas in the conference championship game, what Bowl would we get? Could we get a shot at the.... shit, I can't even type the words, the thought is so preposterous, but... could we?Fingers in ears...lalalalala...(doesn't need the jinx right now)

The good start should really help recruiting, though. There have been several articles about MU and Daniel in major Texas newspapers. You can't beat that kind of pub.

Dallas Morning News: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/101106dnspodaniel.321b7d4.html

Chase was chatting on the ESPN insider section. Here's the lead-in:

Missouri is 6-0 for the first time since 1973, and a huge reason is the play of sophomore quarterback Chase Daniel, who turned 20 last Saturday. The Tigers knocked off Texas Tech that day and can improve to 7-0 for the first time since 1960 with a win at Texas A&M on Saturday.

Daniel is said to have the moxie, confidence and talent to lead the Tigers to a Big 12 North title. And he lived up to his reputation in our conversation, explaining why he's better off at Missouri than Texas or Texas A&M, neither of whom offered scholarships.

Daniel is one of the greatest players in Texas schoolboy history. And he is quickly becoming one of the most exciting quarterbacks in college football.

KCinNY
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Big, big, BIG dreaming speculation here, but if, IF, mind you, we run the table and somehow manage to beat Texas in the conference championship game, what Bowl would we get? Could we get a shot at the.... shit, I can't even type the words, the thought is so preposterous, but... could we?

Shouldn't entertain thoughts like that, Tim. It'll only hurt more when they get upset by Iowa State or something.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Shouldn't entertain thoughts like that, Tim. It'll only hurt more when they get upset by Iowa State or something.

Yes, I know. :banghead:

Logical
10-11-2006, 07:42 PM

ROFL

Sorry Tim but the only thing more unlikely than the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl while Carl Peterson is GM is Mizzou making the Bowls undefeated. Nice dream I suppose.

Baconeater
10-11-2006, 07:44 PM
You know it hurts to lose a talented in-state player, especially to Nebraska. That's a BS response. Kansas State was never in the race. The top three players in Kansas this year won't be playing college football close to home.

He'll be great when he de-commits via text message and goes to K-State instead.

Baconeater
10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
You're coming dangerously close to sounding like a Husker fan.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
ROFL

Sorry Tim but the only thing more unlikely than the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl while Carl Peterson is GM is Mizzou making the Bowls undefeated. Nice dream I suppose.

I won't argue with that. Just dreamin' outloud.

Cochise
10-11-2006, 07:46 PM
ROFL

Don't tell me you are going to start with Missouri football too... :shake:

Take that little raincloud over to the KU fans or something! :cuss:

KChiefs1
10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I just analyzed the Mizzou schedule & basically after this week's game AT TAMU...the Tigers have few tests left:

OU at Faurot Field
AT NU
AT ISU

Eventhough KU & KSU have owned MU recently both games are at Faurot Field & eventhough Mizzou has had the superior team the last few years & come up short...I don't see it this year.

I can see Mizzou being 12-0 playing at Arrowhead vs Texas for the right to a BCS Bowl game...possibly for the National Championship game in Arizona.

It's a crazy scenario but every game is definitely winnable for the Tigers.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 07:49 PM
You're coming dangerously close to sounding like a Husker fan.

Not really. For us, it's pure fantasy. For you, it happened not all that long ago. :sulk:

Logical
10-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Don't tell me you are going to start with Missouri football too... :shake:

Take that little raincloud over to the KU fans or something! :cuss:I am a Missouri born native and though a Notre Dame fan I have been watching Mizzou football since Dan lost the Orange Bowl as Mizzou Head Coach. I am just being realistic.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Actually, Saul is correct. His two choices were Nebraska and Nebraska. It was never going to be anything else. He may have swayed toward KU a touch, with his brother being offered. But that's it.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2006, 08:10 PM
He'll be great when he de-commits via text message and goes to K-State instead.

Huskerpedia Freeman envy. Love it.

htismaqe
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Mizzou WILL win the north.

Can they run the table? Absolutely.
Will they beat Texas? No ****ing way.

But remember this Tiger fans:

If you finished 12-1 with a loss to Texas, it's quite likely you'll play in a BCS bowl.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2006, 09:33 PM

If you finished 12-1 with a loss to Texas, it's quite likely you'll play in a BCS bowl.

Pffft. I heard that for a month in 2003. Then "The Greatest College Football Team Of All Time" got beat like rag dolls. By a 20 point dog. Conference Championship games are made for the upset. Especially with a Frosh QB.

The only difference is that Mizzou doesn't have a Sproles type to run 30+ times.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM

Probably better if we don't get a BCS Bowl. Realistically, I'd rather win a lesser bowl than get humiliated on national television by another Texas-caliber super school.

Spott
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Probably better if we don't get a BCS Bowl. Realistically, I'd rather win a lesser bowl than get humiliated on national television by another Texas-caliber super school.

I'm hoping for a Gator Bowl appearance since they will be able to choose a Big 12 school this year.

JBucc
10-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Probably better if we don't get a BCS Bowl. Realistically, I'd rather win a lesser bowl than get humiliated on national television by another Texas-caliber super school.Maybe they'll meet up with Arkansas. That could be fun.

KcMizzou
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM

If you finished 12-1 with a loss to Texas, it's quite likely you'll play in a BCS bowl.God, how I hope you're right. We've been beat down for so long, it's hard for most of us to believe it.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
We're really getting ahead of ourselves here. All this media attention is going to my head.

Let's just hope they take care of business on Saturday.

Frazod
10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe they'll meet up with Arkansas. That could be fun.

One of the main sites (can't remember which one) has a bowl-speculation page. That projection is Missouri v. Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2006, 06:53 AM

I'm not sure their SoS would be good enough to get them in the top of the BCS standings. Their OOC was just way too weak.

PastorMikH
10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm not sure their SoS would be good enough to get them in the top of the BCS standings. Their OOC was just way too weak.

OOC's? Right now the Big 12 North isn't helping the stregnth of schedule either.

2 games that will tell what Missouri really is in my book. Nebraska and Oklahoma. Both are winnable, but both schools not only will be tough, but the mental aspect of "We almost never beat them" seems to always play into it as well.

If MU beats both of those schools, as well as winning the rest of the games, going into the Big 12 championship, I think there could be an outside chance (small but a chance just the same) that they can actually beat Texas.

MahiMike
10-12-2006, 07:18 AM
ahh, college football. Don't you just love that whole 'vote' thing. It's like gymnastics with helmets.

PastorMikH
10-12-2006, 07:19 AM

I don't think so. Even if we were the only undefeated team and every other school had 3 losses we wouldn't get the big game. Most of that comes from watching KSU under Snyder get dumped on and having to settle for bowls no one has heard of instead of the major bowls even though they did earn the right to be there.

The rest comes from the fact that there are 6-7 undefeated teams right now and we are still at 19 in the coaches poll and 21 in the USA poll. Shoot, there are 3 teams ahead of us with only 4 wins - LSU has 2 losses and is ahead of us.

If MU were to go undefeated, they still don't have the respect to play in one of the BCS games. They MIGHT, I say MIGHT end the year in the top 10 if they win out.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't think so. Even if we were the only undefeated team and every other school had 3 losses we wouldn't get the big game. Most of that comes from watching KSU under Snyder get dumped on and having to settle for bowls no one has heard of instead of the major bowls even though they did earn the right to be there.

The rest comes from the fact that there are 6-7 undefeated teams right now and we are still at 19 in the coaches poll and 21 in the USA poll. Shoot, there are 3 teams ahead of us with only 4 wins - LSU has 2 losses and is ahead of us.

If MU were to go undefeated, they still don't have the respect to play in one of the BCS games. They MIGHT, I say MIGHT end the year in the top 10 if they win out.
Wrong.

If they go undefeated, I guarantee you they get a BCS bowl. Besides the fact that their BCS standing will be high enough to get an at-large bowl, a win in the Big XII Conference championship game is an AUTOMATIC berth in a BCS game.

If they went undefeated, the only way they wouldn't play for the NC is that 2 other UNDEFEATED teams have a higher BCS standing than them. (See Oklahoma and USC leaving Auburn out in 04).

Saulbadguy
10-12-2006, 07:54 AM
One of the main sites (can't remember which one) has a bowl-speculation page. That projection is Missouri v. Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.
That is about where i'd put them. Cotton or Alamo. If they lose a couple, Holiday bowl.

Woodrow Call
10-12-2006, 08:48 AM
That is about where i'd put them. Cotton or Alamo. If they lose a couple, Holiday bowl.

Anything but the Independence Bowl again is fine with me.

Frazod
10-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Anything but the Independence Bowl again is fine with me.

At least it looks better on a t-shirt than "Insight.com Bowl." :shake:

htismaqe
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM

Yes, SoS for Mizzou ain't good, but...

The ACC is down this year, and if the SEC continues to beat up on each other, a 1-loss B12 team has an excellent shot at a BCS bowl.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes, SoS for Mizzou ain't good, but...

The ACC is down this year, and if the SEC continues to beat up on each other, a 1-loss B12 team has an excellent shot at a BCS bowl.
I think O$U is a lock for the title game.

Florida has a shot. If UF and O$U run the table, I doubt MU has a chance.

However, I doubt MU has a chance to run the table anyways..

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2006, 05:02 PM
OOC's? Right now the Big 12 North isn't helping the stregnth of schedule either.

2 games that will tell what Missouri really is in my book. Nebraska and Oklahoma. Both are winnable, but both schools not only will be tough, but the mental aspect of "We almost never beat them" seems to always play into it as well.

If MU beats both of those schools, as well as winning the rest of the games, going into the Big 12 championship, I think there could be an outside chance (small but a chance just the same) that they can actually beat Texas.

[Chuckle] It's not the Big 12 North SoS that's hurting Mizzou. It's Mizzou's Sos that is hurting Mizzou. But as Saully pointed out, if you win out, (or win the CCG) you're in the BCS.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM

I'm trying to remember all the times this happened. Let's see... there was 1998 and then there was .... uh... 1998. And then there was 1998. And that was the fault of the Big 12 for not moving quick enough lock themselves into contracts with the middle rung of Bowl games. KSU, a 1 loss team and still ranked in the top 5 by both major polls, fell to the Alamo Bowl.

Funny story though Pastor.

PastorMikH
10-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm trying to remember all the times this happened. Let's see... there was 1998 and then there was .... uh... 1998. And then there was 1998. And that was the fault of the Big 12 for not moving quick enough lock themselves into contracts with the middle rung of Bowl games. KSU, a 1 loss team and still ranked in the top 5 by both major polls, fell to the Alamo Bowl.

Funny story though Pastor.

Cool!

I'm soooo glad I was mistaken. Do you have ANY IDEA how hard it was for me to give props to KSU for deserving more than they actually got?

I basically arrived at that conclusion though because of all the KSU fans I lived around at the time kept whining about the lack of respect they were getting year in and year out. Seriously, I heard a lot of it over numerous years when I lived up there.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Cool!

I'm soooo glad I was mistaken. Do you have ANY IDEA how hard it was for me to give props to KSU for deserving more than they actually got?

I basically arrived at that conclusion though because of all the KSU fans I lived around at the time kept whining about the lack of respect they were getting year in and year out. Seriously, I heard a lot of it over numerous years when I lived up there.

I have no doubt you heard it. Being in Kansas at the time, it's probably natural that folks... you know, from Kansas, would complain.

I know you never heard it in Oklahoma. And it never, ever happens in Missouri.

Spott
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
KSU got royally screwed back in 98. IIRC, their only loss was in OT in the Big 12 title game. The BCS is nothing more that BS. One of the main reasons that NFL will always be better that college is that they actually have a playoff system. Not to mention that the NCAA is more worried about how well a teams fan's travel instead of how worthy the team is when they are considering bowl game invitations. I can only imagine if the NFL skipped the playoffs and just had a poll at the end of the regular season to decide who was the Super Bowl Champs like the NCAA does.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
KSU got royally screwed back in 98. IIRC, their only loss was in OT in the Big 12 title game. The BCS is nothing more that BS. One of the main reasons that NFL will always be better that college is that they actually have a playoff system. Not to mention that the NCAA is more worried about how well a teams fan's travel instead of how worthy the team is when they are considering bowl game invitations. I can only imagine if the NFL skipped the playoffs and just had a poll at the end of the regular season to decide who was the Super Bowl Champs like the NCAA does.

Pretty close Spott. But actually, the NCAA cares little about fan travel. They do care about TV's. While KSU fans travel in droves for bowl games, they have little national appeal. Couple that with the small number of TV sets in the state of Kansas (TV rating's wise), and you get what you get.

But the real problem in 98 was the BIg 12 office. They sat on their hands as the BCS bids were being procured and did lees than nothing.

But, if KSU had just taken care of business....

PastorMikH
10-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I have no doubt you heard it. Being in Kansas at the time, it's probably natural that folks... you know, from Kansas, would complain.

I know you never heard it in Oklahoma. And it never, ever happens in Missouri.

Actually in Missouri, when it came to football, there wasn't much complaining about getting shafted by the NCAA, the complaining had more to do with the coach, players, athletic director and so on.

:)