PDA

View Full Version : Packfan..

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 07:36 PM
Hey Ken,

Is Matt Hasselback a NFL quality QB?

I hear through the grapevine that Holmy is interested in him.
Since Holmy gave Wolfe such a good deal in the Ahman Green trade, I think it's about time Wolfe returns the favor by trading Hasselback for a second rounder or so.....Whattya think...Joe

Your opinion on Hasselback is appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 01-04-2001).]

Michael Michigan
01-04-2001, 08:13 PM
Joe-

Yea, he is. Plus he's only signed through 2001.<P>

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 08:20 PM
Michael, I sure miss my C-band!
I could have watched those Packer Pre-season games..I have heard good things about him, but never personally seen him play!

Since Vermeil is about to be a Chief (maybe)
You probably got a Fuente to fire up in celebration?
Or are you saving that for the Trent Green signing... :)

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/nfldraftman/images/seahawks.gif

morphius
01-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Joe - I think that he has looked pretty good when watching him in preseason. I think packfan might look at him as their future, so he can't be all that bad. I could probably tell you more about him if the starter would take himself out of games where his injuries cause his passes to be erratic and cost them games, but that is another story.

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 08:27 PM
Thanks Morph,

The Packers OWE us ;)<P>

morphius
01-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Joe - yeah, they gave you a good coach, but the GM they sent you is something they owe you big time for :)

I'm really interested to see what you will get this offseason in the draft, it will make all the diff in the team you have. That trade of Galloway could pay off if you could get hasselbeck and a good first round WR this year.

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 08:46 PM
Morph, Today Holmy gave his final "state of the Seahawks" address for the year..
He said Although there are many holes in the dyke, he feels like he can put a very good young team on the field next year.
He expects to draft at least 3 full time starters for next year and he said he wants to pick up 3 or 4 free agents. Right now 28 of the 43 players under contract have less than 2 years experience..

With all the high draft picks this year, we will probably get even YOUNGER.. Look out in a few years.

The Chiefs and the rest of the AFC West will be glad to see us leave if that's how the re-alignment shakes out. :)

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/nfldraftman/images/seahawks.gif

Michael Michigan
01-04-2001, 08:46 PM
Joe-

I have seen him play a few times. Going mostly on a media friend of mine in Ohio that follows the Packers.

If Hasselbeck does go, how many will that be that they had and let go? Brunnell, Warner, Brooks, who am I missing?

What happened to your C-Band?

I put the torch to an 8-5-8 last night when I heard the news.

"Or are you saving that for the Trent Green signing... "

I've got a Don Carlos on hold for that. :)<P>

morphius
01-04-2001, 08:53 PM
Joe - If you can bring in Hasselbeck it will make for a quicker transition since he already know Holmgrens offense so there is really only him learning to play wih new players and your ready. With your RB's and if you get a playmaking WR and maybe a decent possetion WR who well make the tough catches your offense could take off quick.

As for your D, well I'm not sure what really needs to be done there.

Red and Gold Mania
01-04-2001, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>He expects to draft at least 3 full time starters for next year and he said he wants to pick up 3 or 4 free agents. Right now 28 of the 43 players under contract have less than 2 years experience<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

I have been saying that on this BB too. Drew Rosenhowel(sp?) who is the agent for Zach Thomas, Lamar Thomas and some others has been saying that the Seahawks will push for Bledsoe. I think the Seahawks will be tough to deal with down the road. Holmgren is pushing that ship in the right direction. Hopefully, the Chiefs will find the right direction too.

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 08:56 PM
Michael, I regretfully went to A sld.. :o

As far as ex Packer QB's someone big is missing from your list I think, but...I just cant remember who. It's driving me frikkin crazy now..

How's the Weather in Zona you lucky dog...

<P>

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 08:58 PM
You never really know until he is game tested but from what I seen of him in college and in the preseason I really don't think he has the talent of Brock Huard. Probably on par with Kitna,IMO...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:02 PM
Huard Might be good down the road, but it would be terribly risky to not have a veteran to go into the season with...Unfortunately, Huard has a propensity to get injured..

I'll tell you what, I would be thrilled if they drafted Tuiasasopo, this guy is a great leader and exceptional athlete....Joe

Still need a veteran though.

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:06 PM
Joe,

What you are saying is true but at this point Huard is more of a NFL veteren than Hasselback.

------------------

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:10 PM
I Thought Hasselback has been around for 3 or 4 years..Ironman favre just wouldn't take a seat on the pine no matter how injured he was..

But Hey, you're probably right,
I really dont know that much about Hasselback.

Huard has three starts, two of them he was injured for multiple weeks...That concerns me. He is still quite raw.

Cannibal
01-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Huard sucks, just like his brother.

Holmgren is correct to be looking for another QB.

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Joe,

You are right again...But Huards 3 starts are 3 more than MH...And Kitna who has similar talent has much more game experience...I could be completely wrong but I think the media got over excited when Hassleback put up big numbers in the preseason...Just remember even Ryan Leaf threw for over 200 yards in a half durning preseason his rookie year...

------------------

Michael Michigan
01-04-2001, 09:24 PM
Joe-

Windchill of 73 degrees. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:36 PM
Michael...Weak!!

FORE!!

Michael Michigan
01-04-2001, 09:38 PM
Joe-

Too damn many snowbirds hogging the courses. 6-hour rounds?

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:46 PM
6 hours!!..LOL

Snowbirds must be 80+ years old eh?

So if you want to golf in Phoenix, it's better in the summer?
Isn't it like 200 degrees on the course then... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 09:49 PM
Holmy also said that Kitna is not out of the Question, but, He wont offer any raise or anything.
Maybe Kitna tests the market, finds no interested teams and returns as a league minumim backup. That works for me.

WisChief
01-04-2001, 10:03 PM
MH is a good preseason QB - that is all ANYONE knows - Packfan included. As mentioned - the almighty great one will not miss a game so MH is a major league ?????

Also, the most brilliant fans in all the NFL here in Wisconsin say he would never be let go for less than a 1st in trade. Where this comes from I'll never know???

My opinion is... I don't have one that is based on anything more than PS and it looks like he could be a good one.<P>

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 10:33 PM
WisChief,
Thanks...I assume you have seen him play.
Hopefully we will get him for less than a first rounder, and he will be the next Joe Montana... :)<P>

WisChief
01-05-2001, 07:38 AM
Joe,

Yes, I've seen him play, but like I said - only preseason. Never saw him in college (don't even know where he went - anyone???).

I was kinda dripping with sarcasm about the all knowing fans here - but in all seriousness - that is the talk - a first rounder for him??????. :confused:

No way will Walrus go for that when (I think) he was a 3 rd pick and has only seen PS extended action. But, since he's got "expendable" first picks, don't be surprised if it happens. JMHO http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 07:56 AM
He played at Boston College and was a 6th round pick...He was waived and put on the practice squad a couple times as a rookie and always cleared waivers...There wasn't a lick of interest in this kid until he put up some decent numbers in a couple preseason games...Like I said before Ryan Leaf and even Krydell Stewart put up good looking numbers in preseason against vanilla defenses.

------------------

donkhater
01-05-2001, 07:58 AM
I have read that Wolf won't let him go for less than a first rounder, not only because of the supposed talent that he is, but recent trades of other QB's from Green Bay. Wolf apparently feels as though he asked for too little with Brunnell and Aaron Brooks and they turned out to be top prospects and in Brooks' case, a potential star in the league. So he may be apprehensive in settling for less than a first-rounder.