PDA

View Full Version : So Here I Sit in Paris

grandllama
10-08-2006, 03:52 AM
France... not Hilton. In the airport. Waiting to catch another flight to some other place that doesn't speak english.

And all I can think... "What's the big whoop?"

Troy1220
10-08-2006, 07:19 AM
That airport is a pain in the butt to get around. Hard to understand what terminal you need to get to, and what shuttle to take. Of course, the French won't give you the time of day.

Troy

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:28 AM
My first experience overseas was a 8 hour layover in the Zurich airport. I was wiped out from the filght and ticked off about delays on the first leg that had made me miss my connection. Two things stuck out about the Zurich airport compared to American ones: 1) everyone wore black 2) the Swiss airport police carried sub-machine guns. Other than that it was pretty much like any other airpoirt (i.e., it sucked). I'm not so impressed with Zurich, but I'll allow for the possibility that my opinion would be different if I'd left the airport.

Braincase
10-08-2006, 07:30 AM
France... not Hilton. In the airport. Waiting to catch another flight to some other place that doesn't speak english.

The secret is, the minute you land in Europe, get a car.

Nothing like an Audi A6 Turbodiesel* on the Autobahn (cue Wagner, "Flight of the Valkyries").

*Or any other German car that you can slip by on your expense account.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-08-2006, 07:34 AM

Well, it's no Warrensburg, that's for sure.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Well, it's no Warrensburg, that's for sure.

That would make a good city slogan for just about any town.

Bearcat
10-08-2006, 07:52 AM
"What's the big whoop?"

Maybe you should leave the airport and find out? :shrug:

I decided to go to Rome instead of Paris, so maybe their airport is more entertaining.

BucEyedPea
10-08-2006, 08:00 AM
C'est drôle, Monsieur grandlama!

Bwana
10-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Been there, done that and will NEVER go back. Congrats on leaving that dump of a counrty.

KCHawg
10-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm probably not alone in saying this...............**** the french!

chagrin
10-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Heh, we'd have probably helped the Germans if they would have invaded France and France only

mdstu
10-08-2006, 09:40 AM
If you want to see France or Holland.

Don't go to Paris or Amsterdam.

Lot of cool stuff and believe it or not the French people are really friendly. Just like New Yorkers the Paris locals are pricks.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Go get an eclair. French eclairs are hard to beat.

If you're single, you can then also put on a WWII uniform and offer the eclair to a French woman in exchange for "companionship".

nychief
10-08-2006, 11:42 AM
If you want to see France or Holland.

Don't go to Paris or Amsterdam.

Lot of cool stuff and believe it or not the French people are really friendly. Just like New Yorkers the Paris locals are pricks.

have you ever been to new york, hayseed?

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Wow. You're mean.

:p

stevieray
10-08-2006, 12:10 PM
So here I sit in Paris
with people who could care less
watching the pretty women
wondering why their pits aren't hairless

Phobia
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM

Irony.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Go get some Paris ass...

nychief
10-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Irony.

no shit. That is why i said it, phobia. ROFL

Phobia
10-08-2006, 01:37 PM
no shit. That is why i said it, phobia. ROFL

I know, that's why I pointed it out. Prick New Yorkers.

BucEyedPea
10-08-2006, 02:28 PM

Plenty of times I have. (I'm from Boston) If you trip and fall, they'll walk right on top of you!

grandllama
10-08-2006, 03:02 PM
That airport is a pain in the butt to get around. Hard to understand what terminal you need to get to, and what shuttle to take. Of course, the French won't give you the time of day.

Troy

Basically... our 777 landed somewhere out in a cornfield and they bussed us back to the terminal. The project manager and I got split up and my biggest interaction with anybody french was a nice soldier with his automatic machine gun instructing me I was not allowed wherever it was I was trying to get to.

That and the really cranky girl at the espresso stand that I think spit in my coffee (of course, not knowing the French language, that's probably what I ordered)

I'm in Strasbourg now, nice city, nice people, in a hotel in the city center.

As was pointed out, it's not Warrensburg, but I think I can live with it for two weeks ROFL