'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Sunday NFL Countdown.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2006, 11:47 AM
dam, you're fast.

Simplex3
You must have just turned it on, they've been exclusively covering this and TO all day.

FAX
That's a joke and a half. He doesn't play the game.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
To be replaced by Sweet Lou Pinella...that should be volatile.

Short Leash Hootie
god I hate the Yankees, I hate Torre, and I hate that tool Cashman (worst GM in sports)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Torre was just abysmal with the Cardinals. I was suprised he had such success with the Yankees. With that being said, it's quite possible that Pinella commits a homicide next year. He's certifiably insane. Mix that with the NY media, and you have some must-see-TV.

FAX
10-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Torre was just abysmal with the Cardinals. I was suprised he had such success with the Yankees. With that being said, it's quite possible that Pinella commits a homicide next year. He's certifiably insane. Mix that with the NY media, and you have some must-see-TV.

Good point, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins.

I'm for this now.

FAX

Bill Parcells
10-08-2006, 11:56 AM
This isn't his first time with the Yanks..he managed them in the 80's

I like this move..

chagrin
10-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Sweet Lou runs that team even further down, write it down

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Curse of the Arod!!

Bill Parcells
10-08-2006, 12:02 PM
They were gutless and had no heart..I dont remember the last time I saw any team not even compete when they were facing elimination..

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 12:09 PM
This isn't his first time with the Yanks..he managed them in the 80's

I like this move..

That worked out well :)

Bill Parcells
10-08-2006, 12:12 PM
That worked out well :)
You know whats funny is...until Heir Steinbrenner gets suspended again..the Yankees are doomed..the team of the late 90's was built by Stick Michael while Heir Steinbrenner was on double secret probation/suspension..as long as he keeps sticking his nose in things they are going to suck..

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 12:16 PM
You know whats funny is...until Heir Steinbrenner gets suspended again..the Yankees are doomed..the team of the late 90's was built by Stick Michael while Heir Steinbrenner was on double secret probation/suspension..as long as he keeps sticking his nose in things they are going to suck..

This is very very true. I haven't done *any* research on this, but I do know that Steinbrenner fell ass over teakettle into his daddy's money. From the way he operates his team, he comes across as a very impulsive and stupid businessman (no shit, right?). Has he done this in non-Cablevision ventures?

Don't worry Parcells, he'll probably be dead in 10 years and your team will still have more money to piss away than any two other teams in MLB.

kcfanXIII
10-08-2006, 12:26 PM
ny fans have the perfect mix of arrogance, and ignorance. they think they deserve a world series title every year, and can't figure out thats impossible. i invite any yankee fan upset by the fact they haven't won a world series in 7 years, to try being a cubs fan, or a royals fan, or even a minnesota or detroit fan. torre is a fine manager, and i hope he lands with an american league team so he can exact his revenge on the yankee scum that call themselves fans.

Bill Parcells
10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
ny fans have the perfect mix of arrogance, and ignorance. they think they deserve a world series title every year, and can't figure out thats impossible. i invite any yankee fan upset by the fact they haven't won a world series in 7 years, to try being a cubs fan, or a royals fan, or even a minnesota or detroit fan. torre is a fine manager, and i hope he lands with an american league team so he can exact his revenge on the yankee scum that call themselves fans.
Please..dont lecture me on that shit..what are you???14 years old???

I started watching them in the late 60's early 70's when they sucked!!!

WTF do you know???

chief52
10-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Nothing official yet, Hamas. They are just speculating at this point and have been since the last out. Probably will come to pass, but Joe Torre has not been fired at this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 12:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2617224

Ari Chi3fs
10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGNW5ltWowA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGNW5ltWowA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chief52
10-08-2006, 12:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2617224

This is all the article says

"According to the New York Daily News, however, the popular Yankees manager will be fired unless he decides to resign "

This has been speculated since the last out like I said. A newspaper reporting that they think a manager will be fired is hardly an official announcement.

Joe Torre has not been fired but may or may not be in the near future...that is all they are saying

Archie F. Swin
10-08-2006, 12:52 PM
If they're gonna fire Torre, they better fire ARod and Randy Johnson too.

Bill Parcells
10-08-2006, 01:06 PM
If they're gonna fire Torre, they better fire ARod and Randy Johnson too.
Somebody has to fire Heir Steinbrenner..

PunkinDrublic
10-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Good to see the Yankees in a little turmoil.

Marco Polo
10-08-2006, 02:55 PM
What about Torre managing the Royals next year? One can dream...

chief52
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Once again the "media report" is 100% bogus. Seems to be more and more common place now a days.

Raiderhader
10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
They were gutless and had no heart..I dont remember the last time I saw any team not even compete when they were facing elimination..

I remember back to back Denver playoff losses to Indy that were pretty gutless. Especially that first year....

Bill Parcells
10-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I remember back to back Denver playoff losses to Indy that were pretty gutless. Especially that first year....
I was talking baseball!!!!

Not football!!!

I have seen plenty of gutless performances in football facing elimination!!!

Raiderhader
10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
I was talking baseball!!!!

Not football!!!

I have seen plenty of gutless performances in football facing elimination!!!

Well you didn't specify that, now did you.

Baseball? The Royals every year.

Bill Parcells
10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Well you didn't specify that, now did you.

Baseball? The Royals every year.
Well..ok..you got me on that one :D

mdstu
10-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Joe Torre and Phil Jackson are the same person.

Average to good coaches with the best talent in the league.

And everytime their face is on TV or someone mentions their name everyone starts masterbating.

chief52
10-11-2006, 10:32 PM

And everytime their face is on TV or someone mentions their name everyone starts masterbating.

Speak for yourself... :drool:

mdstu
10-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Speak for yourself... :drool:

Does that mean that you think I'm crazy or that you agree?

I'm slow sometimes.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM

You :whackit: thinking about Joe and Phil-that is weird.