PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems

BTAU
10-08-2006, 02:08 PM
So I went to install a wireless card in my dad's computer and when I got it installed there was no video output. I pulled the card back out and I stiil had no video output. It's not that the cursor is just blinking, but that the monitor doesn't even register that the computer is on. The hard drive is still spinning. The fans are all spinning.

Had the GeekSquad look at it b/c I bought the card at Best Buy and they loked at it for free. The card froze up their system, but when they removed it, their computer started working again. They tested som stuff and said it was a mobo problem. Just wanted to get some planeteer input before taking the thing apart and replacing the board.

DaFace
10-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Umm...if it froze up their system, why would your computer be the problem? Have you tried other brands of cards?

BTW, I was tempted not to respond to this at all. Who asks a computer question during the game? ;)

BTAU
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Umm...if it froze up their system, why would your computer be the problem? Have you tried other brands of cards?

BTW, I was tempted not to respond to this at all. Who asks a computer question during the game? ;)

I know but i was multitasking at the start of the game. Got a tight schedule today.

As far as the cards, I didn't try a different card but i can't see anything on my system now even without the card in the system.

DaFace
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I know but i was multitasking at the start of the game. Got a tight schedule today.

As far as the cards, I didn't try a different card but i can't see anything on my system now even without the card in the system.

Ah...I thought you were saying that it still worked with the card in there.

You could try hitting Fn-F (something). There's a hotkey that changes from using the laptop's screen to using the video-out port in the back. I'd check that before assuming it's a motherboard issue.