PDA

View Full Version : Antrelle Rolle should be fined.

Pages : [1] 2

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 05:57 PM
No message.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Antrell Rolle's entire family should suffer the kind of torture that would make the Khmer Rouge cringe.

No message.

bishop_74
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Are the Chiefs cheap shot magnets this year or what?

ChiefsFire
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
only lil bitches haveta use the facemask to make a tackle

JBucc
10-08-2006, 06:03 PM
and assassinated

Mecca
10-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Eh, that was a desperation play he's the last guy and he knows it. There'll probably be a fine but there was 0 bad intent there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Eh, that was a desperation play he's the last guy and he knows it. There'll probably be a fine but there was 0 bad intent there.

A desperation play is trying to trip someone with a leg whip. That was a blatant cheap shot, and there is no way around that.

headsnap
10-08-2006, 06:09 PM
The rule should be the offending player has to sit(without pay) the # of games missed by the victim.

it's up to you new commish...

headsnap
10-08-2006, 06:10 PM
A desperation play is trying to trip someone with a leg whip. That was a blatant cheap shot, and there is no way around that.
stop quoting the douchebag!!! :cuss:

Mecca
10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I know it happened to a Chiefs player but he frankly saved a TD. I'm sure he's just a dirty player who is just horrible now though right.

Vindicator
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
You have got to be kidding! NFL does NOT fine cheap shots as long as it's against the Chiefs. JEZ.

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
He is a former Miami player. Thug.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
He is a former Miami player. Thug.

......His dad is a police chief, I'm sure hs's thuggin out.

FAX
10-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I agree completely, Mr. Saulbadguy.

Frankly, I'm surprised he wasn't ejected. That was flagrant.

FAX

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Of course Mecca shows up and defends another dirty play that could have seriously injured or ended a Chiefs career. I have lost all respect for you.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
You have got to be kidding! NFL does NOT fine cheap shots as long as it's against the Chiefs. JEZ.The NFL will review and conlcude that he was blocked into LJ - will reverse the call and award Cards the win.:shake:

Mecca
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Of course Mecca shows up and defends another dirty play that could have seriously injured or ended a Chiefs career. I have lost all respect for you.

WTF do you want me to say? I'm not going to lose all ability to be impartial because it happened to a Chiefs player. Do you think Rolle should just stand there and let LJ run for a TD with 2 minutes left in the game? He was going all out knowing he was the last guy had to beat a blocker and get a hold of LJ, he did whatever he had to do to get him down, he wasn't purposely being dirty. He was trying to give his team a chance to win that game.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM

You know if there is a star USC player playing Mecca has to root for that team. It is a given.

JBucc
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
WTF do you want me to say?Nothing. Say nothing.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
actually the Rolle thing wasn't nearly as dirty as Geathers.

Rolle was just grabbing whatever he could ...... Geathers is a cheap shot POS.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
WTF do you want me to say? I'm not going to lose all ability to be impartial because it happened to a Chiefs player. Do you think Rolle should just stand there and let LJ run for a TD with 2 minutes left in the game? He was going all out knowing he was the last guy had to beat a blocker and get a hold of LJ, he did whatever he had to do to get him down, he wasn't purposely being dirty. He was trying to give his team a chance to win that game.

No he should try to tackle him like a man not grab his facemask like a bitch.

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 06:26 PM
WTF do you want me to say? I'm not going to lose all ability to be impartial because it happened to a Chiefs player. Do you think Rolle should just stand there and let LJ run for a TD with 2 minutes left in the game? He was going all out knowing he was the last guy had to beat a blocker and get a hold of LJ, he did whatever he had to do to get him down, he wasn't purposely being dirty. He was trying to give his team a chance to win that game.He couldnt have shoved LJ out of bounds?

dirk digler
He couldnt have shoved LJ out of bounds?

He isn't man enough to do that apparently

TrickyNicky
So I guess Horse collar tackles are fine then too? Whatever works, eh? It's still dirty and a foul, even if it ultimately helps your team.

pak1983
10-08-2006, 06:27 PM
miami is all you have to say

Mecca
I think Rolle was basically grabbing anything he could knowing he was the last guy......in that spot taking a penalty is better than giving up a TD. He didn't exactly have time to line up a tackle he was coming from the side and had about half a second to get through the blocker and get a hold of him.

Ari Chi3fs
That was vicious. It was flagrant. However, he was trying to stop a TD... He grabbed whatever he could... but damn, that was horrible.

He should definitely be fined. And I would have liked to have seen him ejected from the game. That was as flagrant as you can get... IMO.

Ash
10-08-2006, 06:28 PM

he gave his team a chance by coming close to killing a person good for him. There should be a stiff fine no doubt.

Vindicator
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
That was vicious. It was flagrant. However, he was trying to stop a TD... He grabbed whatever he could... but damn, that was horrible.

He should definitely be fined. And I would have liked to have seen him ejected from the game. That was as flagrant as you can get... IMO.

Got that right. Connie was in tears, the way he was layin there it looked like he had a fukin broken neck. Holy Shit.

CoMoChief
Sammie Parker should have made that block downfield. What a piss poor ****ing block.

dirk digler
I think Rolle was basically grabbing anything he could knowing he was the last guy......in that spot taking a penalty is better than giving up a TD. He didn't exactly have time to line up a tackle he was coming from the side and had about half a second to get through the blocker and get a hold of him.

So saving a TD justify's breaking a guy's neck? Wow just wow.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 06:31 PM
That was a pure frustration play from being OWNED all day. If the NFL doesn't fine him that is BS plain and simple. I don't care what he was trying to save, he could've easily just made a tackle or pushed LJ out, no need for the grabbing of anything he could get his hands on.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 06:32 PM
That was a pure frustration play from being OWNED all day. If the NFL doesn't fine him that is BS plain and simple. I don't care what he was trying to save, he could've easily just made a tackle or pushed LJ out, no need for the grabbing of anything he could get his hands on.

Being owned........they led most of the game.

I guess I should never argue these points if something happens to a Chiefs player it's dirty guy should be suspended and all that. The odds Rolle gets suspended are slim and none.

headsnap
10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Sammie Parker should have made that block downfield. What a piss poor ****ing block.
:rolleyes:

who the flock are you?!?!?

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh,

The NFL should and will fine him. But, I don't really think it was a dirty play. The guy was doing anything he could to stop LJ, and most players would have done the same thing. If it had been the other way around, people here would be talking about how it was a "good foul".

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM

I guess I should never argue these points if something happens to a Chiefs player it's dirty guy should be suspended and all that. The odds Rolle gets suspended are slim and none.

I don't think he will be suspended at all. I am hoping fined.

Mecca
Oh,

The NFL should and will fine him. But, I don't really think it was a dirty play. The guy was doing anything he could to stop LJ, and most players would have done the same thing. If it had been the other way around, people here would be talking about how it was a "good foul".

There'd be posts about the heart he showed to fight through a block and save a TD at the end of the game......

chiefqueen
You all know the NFL is going to say the LJ should have step out at the 5 because LJ knew he wasn't going to score. Therefore, no fine, no suspension. (/sarcasm)

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 06:38 PM
There'd be posts about the heart he showed to fight through a block and save a TD at the end of the game......

You wouldn't hear that from me. I don't care who that was against it was a very dirty play

Chiefaholic
10-08-2006, 06:44 PM

Holy Crap!!! What a fuggin prick!!! I hope the same happens to you down the road one day.

siberian khatru
10-08-2006, 06:46 PM
So saving a TD justify's breaking a guy's neck? Wow just wow.

Unless it's Leinart's neck being wrung. Then it's a penalty, fine, suspension and public execution.

Brock
10-08-2006, 06:47 PM

You remain one of the dumbest mother****ers ever to shit behind a pair of shoes.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Unless it's Leinart's neck being wrung. Then it's a penalty, fine, suspension and public execution.

If that happened to Leinart I think Mecca might actually do something productive with his life and go and fight for his honor to the death.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
The injury was scary, but Rolle didn't make a dirty play. He was running full speed and fighting off a blocker, and the face mask grab was an accident. I don't think there's any question about that. As bad as it was, he shouldn't be fined.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM

or Reggie Bush

RINGLEADER
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Of course if Samie Parker could block he wouldn't have been in such a good position to rip LJ's head off...

wolfpack0735
10-08-2006, 06:50 PM
they didnt fine the guy for greens hit why would they fine a face mask?

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
The injury was scary, but Rolle didn't make a dirty play. He was running full speed and fighting off a blocker, and the face mask grab was an accident. I don't think there's any question about that. As bad as it was, he shouldn't be fined.

I disagree. That was the worst face mask pull I have ever seen. He literally twisted his neck almost all the way around. It was as dirty as it gets.

Bwana
10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Holy Crap!!! What a fuggin prick!!! I hope the same happens to you down the road one day.

Aww **** him Chief, the tool is a complete douche bag that shows up to defend players that lay cheap shots on Chief players. This is nothing new. :shake:

siberian khatru
10-08-2006, 06:52 PM

Are you and Mecca dating now?

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM

Exactly Mecca. I are genious for telling you about this place.

noa
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM

They fine people on plays they want the rest of the league to learn from, and I have a feeling they'll want the rest of the league to learn that a play like that IS NOT OKAY.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 07:00 PM
I dont think Rolle is a dirty player, but it was a dirty hit made out of desperation. He had no choice but to make that sort of cheap hit. It worked in his favor, he saved a TD.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:02 PM

Tell me about it, and I thought this wasn't the homer board. I love how people wish bad things upon me for having an unhomeristic opinion it's great.

Alright I guess Rolle should have stood there and let him score cause LJ plays for the Chiefs and the Chiefs are classy, so he should've played nice. Damn him for trying to make a play to give his team a chance to win the game.

morphius
I would expect a fine, well, except it was a Chiefs player so it was probably perfectly legal.

4th and Long
Accidental face masks draw a five yard penalty. Rolle's drew the 15 yard variety. Sorry Kevin.

noa
I dont think Rolle is a dirty player, but it was a dirty hit made out of desperation. He had no choice but to make that sort of cheap hit. It worked in his favor, he saved a TD.

I agree, but even if he had the best of intentions, he should be fined for what he did.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Tell me about it, and I thought this wasn't the homer board. I love how people wish bad things upon me for having an unhomeristic opinion it's great.

Alright I guess Rolle should have stood there and let him score cause LJ plays for the Chiefs and the Chiefs are classy, so he should've played nice. Damn him for trying to make a play to give his team a chance to win the game.

You still haven't answered my question. Does saving a TD justify breaking a guy's neck?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Will LJ play next week?

Mecca
You still haven't answered my question. Does saving a TD justify breaking a guy's neck?

I think you're being dramatic...I doubt Rolle was thinking "I'm going to break his neck".

'Hamas' Jenkins

Larry Johnson could have died as a result of that hit. It's that simple. You can't defend something like that.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I think Rolle was basically grabbing anything he could knowing he was the last guy......in that spot taking a penalty is better than giving up a TD.

This is where I disagree with you. You're acting like a penalty is a penalty, and that all penalties are justified if the net gain is better for your team. This wasn't equivalent to a desperation PI penalty. Facemasking is illeagal because of the danger of injury to the player. You've got two 200+ lb guys running at top speed in different directions. The neck just can't handle that. Not recognizing a facemask as anthing more than a penalty is pathological.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Will LJ play next week?

Yep but with one of those Sampson neck braces.

trndobrd
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Grabbing at LJ wasn't dirty on Rolle's part since his view was probably blocked by Parker. Holding the facemask was illegal, but given the situation as the last man with a shot at stopping him, doesn't make it a dirty play. Keeping hold of the facemask and riding LJ's head into the ground, even after he was out of bounds, was dirty and deserves a fine.

Since LJ has spend so much time around Trent Green, it is unlikely to happen.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 07:09 PM
. Facemasking is illeagal because of the danger of injury to the player. You've got two 200+ lb guys running at top speed in different directions. The neck just can't handle that. Not recognizing a facemask as anthing more than a penalty is pathological.

I highly doubt any defensive player stops to think about what sort of hit is legal or illegal during the heat of battle with milliseconds to actually make a decision. He made the hit out of desperation, plain and simple.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:09 PM
You can't tell me that Rolle wasn't thinking "I have to save a TD no matter what", if he doesn't make that play it's a TD. He was doing whatever he could to get him on the ground, and it was a split second thing I doubt he intended to try to rip his head off.

If you go low on LJ or just try to push him out of bounds he's big enough to just bounce off you or shrug it off he knew he had to get him down.

Sometimes bad things happen on the field of football, it's a fast violent game but I'm not going to condemn Rolle for it I think he knew what he had to do an got a hold of his facemask and when Johnson ran by it yanked on his neck I don't think it was intentional.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I think when you feel the pull you have to let go. Anyone who has played football knows when you've got the guy's grill. He could have let go before he bulldogged Johnson to the ground.

4th and Long
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
I think when you feel the pull you have to let go. Anyone who has played football knows when you've got the guy's grill. He could have let go before he bulldogged Johnson to the ground.
But, but, it's the NFL. Everything happens so fast. No way did he do it on purpose. [/Mecca]

ChiefsFanatic
I am not going to read all these posts, but looking at Rolle, who is ripped, and Sammie Parker who is not, I would like to ask Sammie Parker WTF was he doing trying to block Rolle up high, KNOWWHATI'MSAYIN'

Mecca

If he lets go, it's very possible Johnson scores a TD. Last guy, big back that breaks tackles, Rolle frankly had to make sure he got him down.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Yep but with one of those Sampson neck braces.

Seriously?

If he doesn't play, it will be a punting contest.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:13 PM
But, but, it's the NFL. Everything happens so fast. No way did he do it on purpose. [/Mecca]

.....I guess we should suspend someone everytime a Chiefs player gets hurt, that seems to be a recurring theme around here.

ChiefsFire
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
I think you're being dramatic...I doubt Rolle was thinking "I'm going to break his neck".
oh yeaaa....we all know that football isnt a violent sport whatsoever....im sure Rolle was thinking "I really hope Mr Johnson can come by for tea and crumpets after a gingerly push him outta bounds by tugging on his facemask"....get real

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:16 PM
If he lets go, it's very possible Johnson scores a TD. Last guy, big back that breaks tackles, Rolle frankly had to make sure he got him down.

I guess I let go of the facemask and let him score, becuase that spinal cord you're twisting on belongs to a person and that is heck of a lot more important than a football game. Sick that you can't see that.

noa
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
You can't tell me that Rolle wasn't thinking "I have to save a TD no matter what", if he doesn't make that play it's a TD. He was doing whatever he could to get him on the ground, and it was a split second thing I doubt he intended to try to rip his head off.

If you go low on LJ or just try to push him out of bounds he's big enough to just bounce off you or shrug it off he knew he had to get him down.

Sometimes bad things happen on the field of football, it's a fast violent game but I'm not going to condemn Rolle for it I think he knew what he had to do an got a hold of his facemask and when Johnson ran by it yanked on his neck I don't think it was intentional.

Even if that was exactly what Rolle was thinking at the time, the NFL shouldn't condone that. They should fine it to make an example.

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:19 PM
You wouldn't hear that from me. I don't care who that was against it was a very dirty play

Yep. If you have to rip the helmet backwards to prevent a TD, you don't grab it intentionally. This was an intentional foul. We all understand he was the last guy to make the stop but to risk anyones spine/neck over a TD is (insert whatever word you want here).

He may not have meant harm but he knew he could cause harm by doing it anyway.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:19 PM

He could have easily broke his neck hence the rule.

I understand that shit happens on the football field but it was a dirty play. I don't think Rolle is a dirty player but he should be fined heavily for it.

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
.....I guess we should suspend someone everytime a Chiefs player gets hurt, that seems to be a recurring theme around here.
I think anyone who does that sould be fined/suspended for that. If a Chiefs player does that I am screaming at him too. Get off the high horse.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I think there's a better chance of no fine than a heavy fine......it'll probably be a light fine.

Hendrix68
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I'd fine him about $150,000 and suspend him for at least 6 games..

He could have easily broken LJ's neck with that stunt.

eChief

You might be right, but with zero intent he could have made LJ a quadriplegic.

PRIEST

concede the play ,LJ was gone, Rolle was blocked be a pro not a birty player

Mecca
I'd fine him about $150,000 and suspend him for at least 6 games..

He could have easily broken LJ's neck with that stunt.

6 games....... ROFL so what he did is worse than what Haynesworth did? He isn't going to get suspended you have to do something blatantly horrible to get that.

Skip Towne
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM
So YOU'RE the guilty one!!!!!!!!!!

stevieray
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I guess I let go of the facemask and let him score, becuase that spinal cord you're twisting on belongs to a person and that is heck of a lot more important than a football game. Sick that you can't see that.

I highly doubt he really even cares about LJ or the play, other than it gives him an opportunity to play devils advocate, for reasons only he knows.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
concede the play ,LJ was gone, Rolle was blocked be a pro not a birty player

That's the kinda attitude that has made the Chiefs defense pathetic over the last several years you don't concede TD's when you can make a play.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
That's the kinda attitude that has made the Chiefs defense pathetic over the last several years you don't concede TD's when you can make a play.

He didn't make the play.

stevieray

BS. He had the angle. LJ wasn't going to score.

PRIEST

There was no play to be made .LJ will tell you that ,so will the NFL when they fine his AZZ

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Mecca didn't you think that hit on Palmer was dirty but wasn't that guy just trying to make a play? ANd heck that wasn't even against the rules.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:28 PM
The fact that you think he should just let Larry Johnson run by and score is really funny. Like I said "the chiefs are classy LJ plays for the Chiefs he should just let him score" that is what you are saying.

By the way he did make the play he saved a TD which led to a Chiefs FG which led to them have a chance at the end they wouldn't have had....

Hendrix68
10-08-2006, 07:28 PM
If that wasn't blatantly horrible, I don't know what is.

That was damn near an execution. If it had happened to you or I, that's the rest of our lives as a quadriplegic. You just do not mess with the facemask like that.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:29 PM
The fact that you think he should just let Larry Johnson run by and score is really funny. Like I said "the chiefs are classy LJ plays for the Chiefs he should just let him score" that is what you are saying.

By the way he did make the play he saved a TD which led to a Chiefs FG which led to them have a chance at the end they wouldn't have had....

Ends justify the means. Nice.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm sure Rolle's coaches would have been thrilled with him if he let LJ just run by also......

Brock
10-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Ends justify the means. Nice.

Oh, it's typical Mecca. Anything that happens to the Chiefs is fair game, but if it happens to his boyfriend Caaarson, he cries like a bitch.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm sure Rolle's coaches would have been thrilled with him if he let LJ just run by also......

Grab him legally. If you accidently snare the facemask, let go. No one says he can't make a play, just do it wihin the rules.

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh, it's typical Mecca. Anything that happens to the Chiefs is fair game, but if it happens to his boyfriend Caaarson, he cries like a bitch.

Ignore button him.

the Talking Can
10-08-2006, 07:33 PM
"are you a doctor?"

"no, but I root for USC..."

/commercial

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Grab him legally. If you accidently snare the facemask, let go. No one says he can't make a play, just do it wihin the rules.

RULES!!!! Did you say RULES!!! Shit. Mame the man. Save the TD. That is all that matters. Friggin rules!!!! [/sarcasm off]

Bwana
10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
You can't tell me that Rolle wasn't thinking "I have to save a TD no matter what" Who the hell knows what he was thinking (other than youself) with your Miss Cleo like super powers. The fact remains, at some point he knew he had a hold of the face mask, yet didn't choose to release it. He needs an big nasty ass fine to remind him that he pulled a big **** up.

FAX
10-08-2006, 07:36 PM
If it wasn't wrong, they wouldn't have flagged it. So, we pretty much know it was wrong.

The problem I have is that it was flagrant. I don't know what the clam's intentions were, and I honestly don't really care. Ripping the heads off players is not a good thing. I don't know anyone who would trade their head for seven points.

I'd feel the same way if one of our players had done the evil deed and I don't quite understand how it can be defended as anything other than a very, very cheap shot.

FAX

Mecca
.....I love how you all post that stuff about me. When you guys want suspensions for Chiefs players getting injured. It's not realistic it won't happen. I didn't see anyone here crying when Owens got it up around the head and broke his leg. There aren't going to be double standard rules cause we like the Chiefs.

Logical
Who the hell knows what he was thinking (other than youself) with you Miss Cleo like super powers. The fact remains, at some poing he knew he had a hold of the face mask, yet didn't choose to release it. He needs an big nasty ass fine to remind him that he pulled a big **** up.

I agree

Rain Man
Accidental face masks draw a five yard penalty. Rolle's drew the 15 yard variety. Sorry Kevin.

Nah. Incidental face masks are a five-yard penalty, incidental meaning that it didn't affect the play. Rolle's penalty obviously impacted the play, so it was a personal foul. However, I think it would've been impossible for him to make the decision to grab LJ's face mask while running at top speed, fighting off a blocker, and doing everything he could to stop a game-winning touchdown. While the outcome of the play was bad and could have been horrific, I think Rolle was just doing a top-notch job as a defender.

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:37 PM
If it wasn't wrong, they wouldn't have flagged it. So, we pretty much know it was wrong.

The problem I have is that it was flagrant. I don't know what the clam's intentions were, and I honestly don't really care. Ripping the heads off players is not a good thing. I don't know anyone who would trade their head for seven points.

I'd feel the same way if one of our players had done the evil deed and I don't quite understand how it can be defended as anything other than a very, very cheap shot.

FAX

If LJ were from USC, he wouldn't defend it.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Nah. Incidental face masks are a five-yard penalty, incidental meaning that it didn't affect the play. Rolle's penalty obviously impacted the play, so it was a personal foul. However, I think it would've been impossible for him to make the decision to grab LJ's face mask while running at top speed, fighting off a blocker, and doing everything he could to stop a game-winning touchdown. While the outcome of the play was bad and could have been horrific, I think Rolle was just doing a top-notch job as a defender.

That's basically what I think........to many people here have been watching our defense for the last 5 years that just lets guys run by and concedes TD's.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
If LJ were from USC, he wouldn't defend it.

Explain to me how this has anything to do with USC.....

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
.....I love how you all post that stuff about me. When you guys want suspensions for Chiefs players getting injured. It's not realistic it won't happen. I didn't see anyone here crying when Owens got it up around the head and broke his leg. There aren't going to be double standard rules cause we like the Chiefs.

Actually, I was upset about that too. and I don't even like TO.

But hey, you know what everyone is thinking so, go ahead, speak for me.

:shake:

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Carson Palmer getting hit with a legit tackle and hurts his pussy knee

He hit him in the knee that's cheap.

That's one way to win a game. "They can't win without Palmer, so let's dive into his knee."

The Steelers are playing dirty.......

God damn the Steelers are assholes......

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 07:40 PM
people are saying "he could have been killed or worse injured!" but thats true for about every play in the nfl. I don't think it was dirty. Your just grabbing for anything and it looked like he was falling down at the time. Just my stupid opinion

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Explain to me how this has anything to do with USC.....

OH please...... ROFL

FAX

The problem with that logic, Mr. Rain Man, is that you could posit the same argument about most plays in which the defender goes for the QB's knees.

FAX

Mecca
Those are completely different situations but hey alright try to compare them.

Bwana

Heh, nice find. :deevee:

Guru
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Excellent.....thanks proving my point though, Chiefs players more important and should have special rules other players don't have.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Those are completely different situations but hey alright try to compare them.

Sometimes bad things happen on the field of football, it's a fast violent game

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Sometimes bad things happen on the field of football, it's a fast violent game

Sure, I didn't think that guy should have been fined or suspended either even though diving into peoples knees will usually draw my ire.

Guru
10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Excellent.....thanks proving my point though, Chiefs players more important and should have special rules other players don't have.

ALL players are more important and should have special rules to keep them somewhat safe.

stevieray
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM

Are you saying that is ok to engage in an illegal play if it's the last resort to stopping a touchdown?

underEJ
10-08-2006, 07:46 PM

No, a good hard hit is fine like knocked Dante out of the game. That is accidental damage. LJ was past him and he intentionally pulled him around by the face mask, an act that gets an in game penalty and will bring a fine. I doubt he gets a suspension though. This usually brings a fine, but nobody can say he didn't know what he was doing, his fingers were wrapped around the mask.

As far as it being tolerable due to desperation, that's just plain stupid, but I guess he can cry about it on 60 minutes in 10 years and idiots will feel sorry for him.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Sure, I didn't think that guy should have been fined or suspended either even though diving into peoples knees will usually draw my ire.

The funny thing up to this year that wasn't against the rules.

My problem Mecca is you bitch and moan about late or dirty hits on Palmer but come here and defend dirty hits against the Chiefs. I guess I just don't understand where you are coming from.

Bwana
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM

Good Gawd. :shake:

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 07:48 PM
you know what would stop that from happening. No one wears a face mask. and to stop helmet to helmet? Why not go without helmets.

L.A. Chieffan
It REALLY sucks because it was a 'half to distance to the goal' penalty which turned out to be only like 6 yards or something. Theres gotta be a way to have a harsher penalty on AZ

Mecca
I didn't really think what Rolle did was dirty......I thought it was a hell of an effort more than anything. Of course I'm use to watching the Chiefs defense let guys run on by.

headsnap
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
If you don't stop channeling Mecca, I'm going to be forced to put you on iggy too... :harumph:

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Are you saying that is ok to engage in an illegal play if it's the last resort to stopping a touchdown?

pass inteference yes. breaking a neck no

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:50 PM
If you don't stop channeling Mecca, I'm going to be forced to put you on iggy too... :harumph:

Sorry man we all should be homers, to hell with Rolle we hope he dies.

cdcox
pass inteference yes. breaking a neck no

Mecca sees no difference.

luv
I didn't really think what Rolle did was dirty......I thought it was a hell of an effort more than anything. Of course I'm use to watching the Chiefs defense let guys run on by.
His intentions may not have been dirty, but the act itself was.

Marcellus
10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Here is how I see it.

He should be fined but not because of intent but because of result.

My example:

You run a stop sign and get caught by a cop $50 dollar fine.

You run a stop sign and get in a wreck, $250 dollar fine.

The intent was the same,the result was drastically different.

Same thing here. He may not have intended to hurt LJ but he committed a severe face mask that injured him.

my $.02.

plbrdude
10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
i don't think his intent was to hurt him, just rip his head off.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
He'll probably get fined...probably something like 5 grand, anyone thinking suspension is being laughable about the situation.

Bwana
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Sorry man we all should be homers, to hell with Rolle we hope he dies.

Wow

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Here is how I see it.

He should be fined but not because of intent but because of result.

My example:

You run a stop sign and get caught by a cop $50 dollar fine.

You run a stop sign and get in a wreck, $250 dollar fine.

The intent was the same,the result was drastically different.

Same thing here. He may not have intended to hurt LJ but he committed a severe face mask that injured him.

my $.02.

1. No one knows how badly he is injured.
2. They do that shit in the nhl and it's sucks.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
The problem with that logic, Mr. Rain Man, is that you could posit the same argument about most plays in which the defender goes for the QB's knees.

FAX

I'm sure there are lots of plays where a guy hits someone in the knee accidentally.

Do you - any of you - really think that Antrel Rolle went into that situation planning to grab LJ's face mask? Do any of you think that as he was flying out of bounds that he was thinking more about what he was grabbing than the fact that he was flying around and had grabbed something?

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:56 PM

So why was the hit on Palmer dirty then?

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
It wasn't that bad after I saw it 1500 times on the fly live when I saw it I thought the guy purposely fell into Palmers leg. So that was what initiated that reaction.

tk13
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Mecca's just trying to rile you guys up. We won the game, be happy. All of you. Jeez. I don't know if he'll be fined but the end result was definitely an illegal play. That part shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM

I realize that it's an unpopular decision to agree with Mecca, but I have no choice. Mecca is correct in this situation, and all the rest of you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm sure there are lots of plays where a guy hits someone in the knee accidentally.

Do you - any of you - really think that Antrel Rolle went into that situation planning to grab LJ's face mask? Do any of you think that as he was flying out of bounds that he was thinking more about what he was grabbing than the fact that he was flying around and had grabbed something?

I didn't plan on shooting my GF until I walked into my house and she was ****ing some guy so it was just heat of the moment type of thing.

patteeu
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
He's lucky Kyle Turley wasn't nearby.

plbrdude
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I realize that it's an unpopular decision to agree with Mecca, but I have no choice. Mecca is correct in this situation, and all the rest of you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

i'm not wrong.

Brock
It wasn't that bad after I saw it 1500 times on the fly live when I saw it I thought the guy purposely fell into Palmers leg. So that was what initiated that reaction.

So when you saw a guy purposely grab Johnson's facemask and not let go what was your reaction?

Mecca
He's lucky Kyle Turley wasn't nearby.

He'd have just slapped him in the back then Turley would have gone on IR.

Demonpenz
comparing murder to a facemask penalty. awesome

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM
rolle probably can't spell cat if you give him the C and the T and people here think he can stop and think what he is doing in mid air while falling down.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM

It's obviously the same thing....... :)

JBucc
10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I think he should be fined whatever the standard ammount is for personal fouls like that.

And then assassinated.

edit: ninja style

edit number 2: and he should feel really really bad and be scorned by his teammates and family.

underEJ
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM

I don't believe NFL players who are the ones putting the necks on the line would agree with you. I don't think he went into the play wanting to take a head off, he just screwed up, and every player out ther knows they could be on the ground in a heartbeat if your attitude was actually business as usual on the field.

He screwed up. He will be fined.

Guru
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM
This thread is useless. Everyone agree to disagree with Mecca and Rain Man. Kiss and make up.

Oh, wash, rinse and spit too.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:05 PM

ROFL

My point was if he did not have any intention to commit the penalty but he did and he could have seriously injured a player. He should have to pay a price for that.

Bwana
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
He'd have just slapped him in the back then Turley would have gone on IR.

You are nothing more than D enise with a pecker. :shake:

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:07 PM
It was a joke....lighten up.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I know some here have never played football that didn't involve a video game controller or for rainman some kind of math based board football game, but when your playing football you are trying to wrap up and knock a player out. You are trying to hit people as hard as they can. I don't think you get to the nfl going gosh jeepers i could hurt this guy!

DenverDanChiefsFan
I realize that it's an unpopular decision to agree with Mecca, but I have no choice. Mecca is correct in this situation, and all the rest of you are wrong, wrong, wrong.Grabbing the FM may not have been intentional - not letting go and throwing him to the ground with it was.

Demonpenz
ROFL

My point was if he did not have any intention to commit the penalty but he did and he could have seriously injured a player. He should have to pay a price for that.

So if you shoot your wife with a shotgun you don't mean for her to get injured. Outstanding.

FAX
10-08-2006, 08:11 PM
rolle probably can't spell cat if you give him the C and the T and people here think he can stop and think what he is doing in mid air while falling down.

For my part, I am not asking the NFL to teach him how to spell cat. I am merely asking them to fine him for a malicious and potentially career-ending flagrant foul, Mr. Demonpenz.

It was worse than the dreaded and infamous "horse collar" tackle which has now been outlawed. And, for the record, worse than a kick in the nuts as it has been proven that a man can live longer sans nuts as opposed to headless.

FAX

Brock
10-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I know some here have never played football that didn't involve a video game controller or for rainman some kind of math based board football game, but when your playing football you are trying to wrap up and knock a player out. You are trying to hit people as hard as they can. I don't think you get to the nfl going gosh jeepers i could hurt this guy!

Yeah, I'm sure in between hits of meth, you were a hell of a player.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I didn't plan on shooting my GF until I walked into my house and she was ****ing some guy so it was just heat of the moment type of thing.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about that. Good luck to you.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:12 PM

I agree totally and I love hard hits. But that wasn't what Rolle did.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 08:14 PM

I had a situation like this happen once with one of my math-based board football games, and I didn't fine the player.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I agree totally and I love hard hits. But that wasn't what Rolle did.

facemask happens he probably should have reconized that he was grabbing a face mask and let go but the game is so ****ing fast. I was hoping someone would swing scott player around from his gay face mask

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
So if you shoot your wife with a shotgun you don't mean for her to get injured. Outstanding.

If you grab a guy's facemask and drag him to the ground and twist his neck you don't mean for him to get injured?

Skip Towne
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
you know what would stop that from happening. No one wears a face mask. and to stop helmet to helmet? Why not go without helmets.
It was a better game without face masks.

dirk digler
Yeah, I'm sure in between hits of meth, you were a hell of a player.

ROFL

htismaqe
So when you saw a guy purposely grab Johnson's facemask and not let go what was your reaction?

I really hope the Chiefs score here so Matty can lead his first career 4th quarter comeback!

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
I really hope the Chiefs score here so Matty can lead his first career 4th quarter comeback!

Are you still upset about that Rose Bowl game when we bitch slapped you guys all over the field.....

luv
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
facemask happens he probably should have reconized that he was grabbing a face mask and let go but the game is so ****ing fast. I was hoping someone would swing scott player around from his gay face mask
Just how long does it take to let go of a facemask? 30 seconds tops?

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think that demonpenz is correct.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
If you grab a guy's facemask and drag him to the ground and twist his neck you don't mean for him to get injured?

we've been over this he was just trying to grab anything and not injure him.

underEJ
10-08-2006, 08:21 PM

We aren't talking about a hard hit here. They wear lots of padding to help with the hits. The facemask rules are always erred on the side of caution. That's why there is 5 yard one just for grazing the facemask even if it doesn't result in a head turn.

It is the only safety precaution available for the neck, and every player, coach, and league official knows this.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I am not bright, but someone smart out there needs to invent breakaway face masks.

luv
10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I am not bright, but someone smart out there needs to invent breakaway face masks.
I think that would defeat their purpose.

dirk digler

Damn that is a great idea

plbrdude

and rolle can be the testee to see if the break off

Skip Towne
You are nothing more than D enise with a pecker. :shake:
Except he isn't as smart as Denise.

Brock
I am not bright.

Farts stink.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
We aren't talking about a hard hit here. They wear lots of padding to help with the hits. The facemask rules are always erred on the side of caution. That's why there is 5 yard one just for grazing the facemask even if it doesn't result in a head turn.

It is the only safety precaution available for the neck, and every player, coach, and league official knows this.

I was just saying your flying to the ball with arms usually outstreched shit is going to happen.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I think that would defeat their purpose.

No when someone grabs it the facemask breaks away to protect the player.

headsnap
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Just how long does it take to let go of a facemask? 30 seconds tops?
add 10 seconds if you are looking right at it!!

Demonpenz
Football helmet with breakaway face mask
Document Type and Number: United States Patent 4947490
Link to this Page: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4947490.html
Abstract: A football helmet is provided with a releasable face mask which is attached to the helmet by hook-and-pile fastening means. Abutment means prevent relative movement of the face mask in response to a force which impinges on the mask in a direction toward the wearer's face, but permit the mask to break away from the helmet in response to excessive forces in other directions, as when the mask is pulled forward or twisted sideways.

cdcox

I don't think he went into it meaning to grab the face mask, but I don't think there could be any doubt in his mind that he had a hold of Larry's grill. Nothing else on the football field makes such a great handle as a face mask. When you grab it, you know it. If it was so hard to tell you had a hold of it, we'd see alot more of the 15 yard variety than the 5, and a lot more injuries from it.

Demonpenz
i am glad LJ ususally wearings his helmet loose.

Iowanian
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Face Masks should have razor blades in the top of every bar....some effer grabs it and loses a finger.

luv
No when someone grabs it the facemask breaks away to protect the player.
Or if you go crashing face first into the ground and it breaks off and stabs you in the face.....sure, I see how great that would be.

Skip Towne
I think facemasks should have shards of razor wire built in to them. You stick a finger in there, you lose a finger.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I hope he doesn't have a knee injury........when I saw that the first thing I thought was he blew his ACL because he bent weird on his knee.

underEJ
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
i am glad LJ ususally wearings his helmet loose.

Completely agree with that. It pops off his head alot, but at least it gives Jordan Black something useful to do on the field, collecting and returning it.

Tactical Funky
10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Regardless of the bickering in this thread, I feel that everyone should come to the concensus that Rolle should be fined.

IMO, of course.

Bri-man
I don't ever post on here and I don't give a ***k. There should be a fine. But any of you who think it's going to happen are seriously living in a land of confusion. And shit! LMAO LMAO

htismaqe
Are you still upset about that Rose Bowl game when we bitch slapped you guys all over the field.....

What exactly does that have to do with anything? Trying to deflect from the real conversation because you realize your ass is showing?

And for the record, it was the ORANGE Bowl.

luv
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I hope he doesn't have a knee injury........when I saw that the first thing I thought was he blew his ACL because he bent weird on his knee.
You saw his head turning around backwards, and got worried about his knee?

KcMizzou
I hope he doesn't have a knee injury........when I saw that the first thing I thought was he blew his ACL because he bent weird on his knee.On the radio in the post game they were calling it a sprained neck. At one point Herm said, "LJ will be fine."... Whatever that means. :shrug:

headsnap
I don't think he went into it meaning to grab the face mask, but I don't think there could be any doubt in his mind that he had a hold of Larry's grill. Nothing else on the football field makes such a great handle as a face mask. When you grab it, you know it. If it was so hard to tell you had a hold of it, we'd see alot more of the 15 yard variety than the 5, and a lot more injuries from it.
give the guy a break, from this thread we have learned that this guy can barely spell c-a-t. We can't expect this professional calibre athelete to also have lightning quick reflexes too!

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
You saw his head turning around backwards, and got worried about his knee?He was also on the sideline with a huge bag of ice on the back of his neck.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I love how we always marvel at the reflexes and body control that players have when they make a good play, but when they maim someone, everything was so fast we can't expect them to be able to react that fast.

headsnap
10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I think facemasks should have shards of razor wire built in to them. You stick a finger in there, you lose a finger.
breakaway fingers... :hmmm:

Frazod
10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I love how we always marvel at the reflexes and body control that players have when they make a good play, but when they maim someone, everything was so fast we can't expect them to be able to react that fast.

Ironic, ain't it? :shake:

And yes, that dirty piece of shit shoud be fined. In reviewing the game thread, somebody said that they couldn't believe none of the Chiefs kicked this guy's ass. I concur.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
What exactly does that have to do with anything? Trying to deflect from the real conversation because you realize your ass is showing?

And for the record, it was the ORANGE Bowl.

You started the college stuff....

Coach
Damn, almost 3 hours and it's up to 14 pages.

That was quick.

underEJ
The day was full of some good plays, but I'd have to say game impact wise, LJ would be a contender for play of the week lists, except I don't think they'll want to show it.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:35 PM

uhhh maim? We don't even know if LJ is going to miss a game yet.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
You started the college stuff....

I did?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

luv
10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
What were LJ's stats for the day anyway?

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
What were LJ's stats for the day anyway?Something like 36 rushing 104 receiving.

dtebbe
10-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Sammie Parker should have cut Rolle before he ever got close to LJ. He needs to go back to the film and watch the job that Jarad Allen did on the INT the week before. That's how you take a guy out of a play.

DT

luv
10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Something like 36 rushing 104 receiving.
With two fumbles? Just curious since he's on my FFL team.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
two fumbles too

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I did?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Is that not a college shot?

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Scoreboard, mother****er.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Last time I checked, Leinart plays for the Cardinals of the NFL...but this whole deflection game is sure fun to watch.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:48 PM

......I said the Chiefs would win I even almost got the score right I said 24-21.

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Last time I checked, Leinart plays for the Cardinals of the NFL...but this whole deflection game is sure fun to watch.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Gee that i saw that dude get his brains blown out i wonder if he suffered a torn acl prior to losing his brains? his knee's just buckled as he collapsed like a wet noodle.

picasso
10-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh,

I dont agree with that at all. I think your wrong there.

Halfcan
10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
It was a cheap shot that could have killed LJ, he should be fined and given 5 games off.

boogblaster
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
It was a cheap shot..he saved a TD hes paid to do it..its pro-ball..thats what they do..I dont like it..that kind of plays ends careers.....

Psyko Tek
10-08-2006, 11:36 PM

I was trying for an arm tackle (in high school) got my finger caught in the guys face mask swung him around 360 before he went down
my knuckle swelled up so bad I couldn't wear my class ring any more
appologized to the guy on the field

at speed sometimes you can't let go
still think it was a nasty hit, and hope LJ is hokay

redngold85
10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
CHEAP SHOT........

that couldn't have been a clean play...who tries to arm tackle AT THE FACEMASK?!?!?!?!?!

Toad
10-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Anyone who does not think it was a punk ass dirty play does not have a decent DVR. All you have to do is watch it in super slow mo to see the Rolle had a fair opportunity to grab a piece of body. At minimum, he had an a decent chance to shove him out. Instead he reached virtually accross the front of LJ's helmet and anchored his hand squarely on the facemask.

BUT, that is not the worst part. Guys grab FM's all the time.

The worst part is that he kept holding it virtually to the ground twisting LJ's head like a bottle cap of beer.

Yes, he saved a TD. But at what cost? Hopefully $75K or so in fines.

redngold85
10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
fine the douchebag...and fine him double to make up for the hit on Trent...

Mr. Kotter
10-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Yes.

I don't need to read the whole thread. Just yes.

Anytime you yank someone by the facemask like that, it's intentional. If it's intentional....TD saving or not.....you should pay, BIG time for it. Period.

Hopefully Rolle will be ass-raped by a gay NFL Lineman in some alley before the year is up.....hopefully the Cards visit the Bay area before the end of the season, and a 49er or Fader will oblige.

:cuss:

End of discussion.

:)

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 01:30 AM

wow... Thats almost like saying, shit I got beat and the wide receiver is going to catch it for a touchdown, lets dive for the back of his knees to stop him. Causing a penalty that was that horrible so you can stop a TD doesnt really justify it for me whatsoever. He purposely grabbed his facemask to stop a touchdown, its not being homeristic at all to think that it was rather cheap. Open your eyes

Mecca
10-09-2006, 01:34 AM
You guys do know that Rolle was standing right there to see if he was ok, I don't think he's the asshole some are making him out to be.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 01:37 AM
You guys do know that Rolle was standing right there to see if he was ok, I don't think he's the asshole some are making him out to be.

Bah, he was just standing there so nobody thought he was one. He knew the risks that he was taking, he knew what the results could be(which almost happened), that really is why they made it an illegal move in the NFL, to stop people necks from getting ripped off like that.

Mecca
10-09-2006, 01:40 AM
I still don't think that was his intent he knew he had to save that TD and was trying to get a hold of anything he could.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Bah, I'm done arguing, we'll agree to disagree I guess.

luv
10-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Bah, I'm done arguing, we'll agree to disagree I guess.
If you read the whole thread, you'll see the whole argument from the first time around.

Kudos for the restraint.

Smed1065
10-09-2006, 01:46 AM
"If you go low on LJ or just try to push him out of bounds he's big enough to just bounce off you or shrug it off he knew he had to get him down"

O, He had time to think, this is LJ.

Do not tackle him low but if I grab high and a face mask I can stop him? What happened to the millisecond theory? Wrap a player up and tackle if you can push out of bounds.

I do not think it started intentional but use the same standards in your thoughts in this case please.

Ok not time to think but it is LJ so aim for the head because it is LJ.

WTF?

el borracho
10-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Rolle should be fined heavily. He should have been ejected from the game and (probably won't happen but) should be suspended for a game. He knew he had the mask and he kept pulling. I really thought he had broken LJ's neck.

MGRS13
10-09-2006, 03:18 AM
The point most people are missing is if this same thing had happened to LT instead of LJ the sports media would be in an uproar. Happened to LJ so yeah yeah yeah 15 yards what else do you want. Happens to LT and espn, NBC and everyone else is comparing it to the Haynseworth situation.

DanT
10-09-2006, 04:41 AM
I've only seen the play a few times, but I didn't see anything that looked like something that the NFL has ever fined anybody about. The replays I've seen were on a TV in a sports bar, and I don't feel like I've gotten a very good look at the play, so I could be missing something, but here's what I saw.

Rolle did his job. He's supposed to make sure that he stops the forward progress of the receiver on that play. He fought through a block and then went up high on a ball carrier who failed to use a stiff-arm to counter Rolle. Rolle then brought the guy down, making sure not to let go of his grip on the ball carrier.

I've never seen anybody fined for making a play like that. Has anyone? The times when I've seen the NFL fine players for grabbing facemasks, there was some basis for believing that the move was not a necessary football move and that it had some element of bad intent.

If anybody has ever seen a play like this one in which the defender was fined, please tell me when it happened. You can use google.com to refresh your memory by entering a search that looks like the following, except with the name(s) of the involved player(s) in place of "Larry Johnson":

+nfl +fined +facemask +"Larry Johnson"

elvomito
10-09-2006, 05:19 AM
Dirty, intentional, malicious... i'm guessing he'll be fined around $20k, if not more.

here's some commentary from foxsports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6042900) website:

The "Where Did This Guy Come From?" Award: Arizona cornerback Antrel Rolle.
This spot is usually reserved for those players who perform spectacular feats when expected to do very little, or other "under the radar" stories. Rolle should be featured, however, after toiling in the shadow of Albert Haynesworth as he has been. Though Haynesworth is rightfully noted as the dirtiest player in football after a checkered history which culminated in his "face dances" moment with Dallas center Andre Gurode, Rolle is racking up quite a rap sheet himself.

Three weeks after getting away with a blatant horse-collar tackle on Seattle's Shaun Alexander, Rolle yanked the facemask of Kansas City's Larry Johnson at the end of Johnson's 78-yard catch-and-run from Damon Huard with time running out in the game. At least Rolle was given a personal foul for this facemask — one of the more obvious and worrisome of these types of penalties you'll ever see. The play on Alexander went unflagged, and Rolle was fined only $5,000 soon after. It's a shame that Rolle didn't engage in undue celebration after the play, or wear the wrong color shoes; that's when the NFL would really step in and show who's boss! Johnson suffered a sprained neck, and all parties involved are mighty lucky it wasn't worse.

Mecca
10-09-2006, 05:22 AM
I doubt it's more than the 5 grand that's pointed out right there......if there's a fine at all.

elvomito
10-09-2006, 05:24 AM
that $5k fine was on a play that wasn't penalized. this is his 2nd ****up this year, the punishment will be more.

Mecca
10-09-2006, 05:33 AM
But technically it isn't the same thing.......plus that horse collar rule is vague it never gets called even when guys do it. It's a very weird rule I don't think I've ever seen it called.

I'm just saying if you are holding out for a big fine I think you're going to be disappointed.....I think there's a much higher chance of it being 0-5k than in the 20k range you're expecting.

elvomito
10-09-2006, 05:38 AM
although its not the same play, it is the same thing. they can end a player's career.
however, you never really know with the chiefs/nfl relationship, so i guess anything can happen.

jspchief
10-09-2006, 06:56 AM
That wasn't a cheap shot or a dirty play.

I'm tired of whiny Chiefs fans crying about their football players getting tackled. It's a contact sport.

MOhillbilly
10-09-2006, 07:53 AM
would you feel the same if his neck had been broken jsp?

while i agree w/ to a point a blatant facemask IS and always has been a dirty play.
if it wasnt it wouldnt be a personal foul.

jspchief
10-09-2006, 08:00 AM
would you feel the same if his neck had been broken jsp?

while i agree w/ to a point a blatant facemask IS and always has been a dirty play.
if it wasnt it wouldnt be a personal foul.The minute it happened I said it was a facemask that warranted a flag, but nothing more. If it would have killed LJ it wouldn't have changed my mind.

It was a high speed collision between a big fast RB up and a big fast CB. I don't think the facemask was intentional anymore than 99% of facemasks in the league are intentional, and I think the physics of it was why LJ's head got wrenched like it did.

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Saul is a man of few words.

Radar Chief
10-09-2006, 08:22 AM
The minute it happened I said it was a facemask that warranted a flag, but nothing more. If it would have killed LJ it wouldn't have changed my mind.

It was a high speed collision between a big fast RB up and a big fast CB. I don't think the facemask was intentional anymore than 99% of facemasks in the league are intentional, and I think the physics of it was why LJ's head got wrenched like it did.

It was a dirty play, intentional and Rolle should be fined heavily as an example, if the NFL seeks to protect its players as they claim.

As a defender you’ve got to have enough gray matter to process the fact that you don’t go up high like that particularly with an open hand. All there is to grab up there is face mask.

Not only did he reach up high know’n that all he was gonna get was face mask, after’is fingers wrapped ‘round bars that could only be face mask, he held on and swung ‘round Larry’s head like a stripper ‘round a stage pole.

It’s also my opinion Rolle should’ve been ejected from the game. There shouldn't be any kind of room for a purposely dirty play like that.

dirk digler
10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Since Rolle has been fined once already I suspect he will get a lot bigger fine this time.

Mecca
10-09-2006, 08:29 AM
It was a dirty play, intentional and Rolle should be fined heavily as an example, if the NFL seeks to protect its players as they claim.

As a defender you’ve got to have enough gray matter to process the fact that you don’t go up high like that particularly with an open hand. All there is to grab up there is face mask.

Not only did he reach up high know’n that all he was gonna get was face mask, after’is fingers wrapped ‘round bars that could only be face mask, he held on and swung ‘round Larry’s head like a stripper ‘round a stage pole.

It’s also my opinion Rolle should’ve been ejected from the game. There shouldn't be any kind of room for a purposely dirty play like that.

Cmon man, you do realize what it takes to get ejected from a football game right?

JSP and I actually agree on something......surprising.

jidar
10-09-2006, 08:32 AM

There is always the possibility that a lot of us don't think jerking a guy back by the facemask when you're both running full speed is ever justified under any conditions.

Just the fact that taking the penalty is better than taking the touchdown indicates a fine is needed, because other idiots need to be dissuaded from making the same stupid choice.

Radar Chief
10-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Cmon man, you do realize what it takes to get ejected from a football game right?

Yes.

Radar Chief
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
There is always the possibility that a lot of us don't think jerking a guy back by the facemask when you're both running full speed is ever justified under any conditions.

Just the fact that taking the penalty is better than taking the touchdown indicates a fine is needed, because other idiots need to be dissuaded from making the same stupid choice.

Exactly. :thumb:

stevieray
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
and what else is there to grab on that part of the player and uniform? the back of the pads(horsecollar) or the face mask...both of which are illegal.

Rolle had the angle...he chose to commit an illegal play as opposed to running him out of bounds.